All Comments on 'When the Cat is Away'

by RedMonkeyButt

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
where to begin

another wizard with an i.q. of ten writes, then in her bio brags she is from texas i'm sure texas wouldn't claim you. As for the story i'm sure in real life the husband would know what a pig he was married to and make sure he avoid sleeping with her at all cost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
WTF!

First of all, should be in "Erotic Couplings". Just because the whore character had a husband does not mean it fits in the LW category.

Secondly, it was a senseless piece of nothing...just a description of a mindless fuck, written about at least a million times. Nothing new here.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Think about other categories

First, LW is a tough venue. Ratings are about 0.3 to 0.7 lower than the story would get in a different but appropriate category!

Second, although the author does cite the absent Hubby several times, the marriage ONLY serves to convince Bull that Sweetie is hot 'n horny because he sees her take off her rings! She has NO relationship to betray, only a document! NOT really LW, more like Erotic Coupling! Leave off the 'other male' aspect altogether. Save some paper (or electrons!). Being late to a large presentation where one is ONLY a listener (AND is willing to blow off to get more sex time) is NOT the Big Thing it is made out to be.

(BTW ... Fly overseas to something you are willing to abandon for a little more sex? Make the story one state over, since the foreign country only plays in two places ... Transportation to convention-site problem [important to get Sweetie & Bull together] and return cabbie anti-American comments [irrelevant to story] ... Give me a break!)

This is primarily a stroke story, with mostly detail about lots of positions and activities! Not too bad as such, but nothing exceptional, either!

3*. Probably 4 in EC

JohnDrakeJohnDrakeover 11 years ago
Loving Wives

Some people will mistakenly say this is hte wrong category. Read the description. The category is fine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Gander

I am confused about the ending. Like others have said the self-rationalizing of the woman about her crappy husband seems to distract in this case. The question is which came first, the chicken or the egg? Is the fact that her husband is gone as the final line supposed to be more proof of how John doesn't care and is an ass? His polite note sounds like they are both like that --too much being taken for granted. She does what she wants and so does he, same way.

Without more evidence that she is the aggrieved party and not just cheap rationalization for some hot new strange the husband parts and ending don't work for me. I recommend you cut them and change to the "Erotic Couplings" category. My experience when it come to sex is that the wife cuts it off well before the man looses interest. If she had spent the time, money, and sexual attention to her husband that she just spent on overseas travel to attend a conference and to then skip most of the events. She doesn't even bother to hide her desire --she is in bed in a few hours with the very first player she can find, and gives him everything he can ask for, without any work or commitment on his part. The guy doesn't offer any significant romance, two cheap pickup lines really. What would her husband have to do to get that much hot sex from her for that extended period of time? A lot more than this player I'll bet.

Maybe her husband would have been more than happy to spend several days in bed with her, doing everything described --but he might have gotten tired of begging. If she had saved the money and taken vacation equal to what she just spent on her Yankee boyfriend with her husband she might have been very surprised about John's interest. But that is the marriage rut. We let the rut determine our path. Even if we have good sex one night, we are up and gone back to work within six hours. But with her lover she'll skip everything. In so many cases the standard of what is romantic from a woman's husband to get a positive response is way higher than random kindness of strangers. Maybe John is a cad, and I am out of line with what you meant --but I am just relating what I can see in words here.

LW category works best when there is a legitimate tension between the two people in the couple and then the resulting triangle of the extramarital sex. --It needs a reason for the action that is understandable on both sides, --without having to agree with both sides. A woman who intends to humiliate her husband for a real or perceived slight and who has hot revenge sex offers plenty of that tension for the big moment, and offers the possible longer view of recognizing that it might be a terrible mistake for one, two or all three people in the end. Two people can hurt each other for years and eventually something breaks and one or both become aware of the change, and then there is a possibility of a permanent rupture, or a reconciliation. But the reader needs to see enough of the tension and part of either side to feel empathy of the character. In this case I feel like John got convicted and hosed by a kangaroo court --because the evidence against him is suspect and from a possibly unreliable source.

So, to me, this story seems to want to have the cheating sex aspect, as a part of the normal formula of such things, but isn't willing to develop it enough to work for me as a reader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A story about a slut--big deal!

Boring!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Reads like a comic strip - boring.

Too many plot-holes and irrelevant information.

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersabout 11 years ago
Every story of this kind needs a bit of drama

This one doesn't have any... As some have already mentioned, it's ho-hum boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Resent comment that author has an IQ of 10.

Is an insult to those with IQ of 10. Maybe IQ of 5. Just incredibly stupid piece of trash story. However, these kind of authors will continue to post and Literotica will continue to advertise "quality" stories. Bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Didn't Make It Past First Sentence

The word "it's" is misused in the first sentence. There's really no reason to continue after that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well

She should get a divorce and then she can fuck around all she wants. With all the the hubby bashing she indulged in she obviously has no respect for him at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Worst Author

This has to be classified as the worst story by the worst author. No plot bad grammar and poor penmanship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
What are the Chances

That the guy in the hotel is Actually Her Husband, realises he's been ignoring her and has a wild anonymous whoopee Sex Weekend with her to atone. Absolutely nothing to back up this scenario. Even the differing states, texas drawl thing tends to deny Maybe it DID all take place in Chicago, where hubby went to.But a twelve hour internal usa flight. Whatever...... but dammit I want a happy ending.

Kilroy

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
There's no lack of effort, but

As others have said, more attention needs to be paid to grammar/spelling - so a bit more proof reading wouldn't go amiss.

There are also bits in the story that are downright silly: she says she didn't know why she claimed to be single - after she'd already removed her wedding ring? The intent was already clear which, in turn, removed any kind of tension about whether or not she was going to be seduced.

For a first venture into the category it was okay - but you must expect to be flamed by those who hate cheating wife stories - especially when the motivation appears to be purely selfish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent story

Very sensuous ,

redskyesredskyesabout 11 years ago
A fun read...

Personally, I think a lot of the comments here are rather harsh. Aside from the occasional typo or missing word (which I really can't complain about, since I am very much guilty of the same thing with my own work), I thoroughly enjoyed this tale you've spun. Granted, it really doesn't belong in the Loving Wives category (or maybe it does, but if that's the case, there is a _lot_ of context missing from this particular entry), so that may be why there is so much backlash. Folks expect cheating wives to be the last thing they find in this category, and Erotic Couplings would have been a better choice.

Still, like I said, I really did enjoy this story. In general, I'm a big fan of your work. I got to read Succubus Rising before you pulled it down. You're writing style and supernatural plot lines are very reminiscent of Laurell K Hamilton, which is good for me because I happen to think her books are great for a fun and escapist read. So, yeah, keep up the great work. :)

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 11 years ago
Not terrible for a first foray

There should be more explanation of why her and her husband are ambivalent about each other. Even from just her perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
cheating low life sluts are not erotic monkey boy.

They are just lowlife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
she is a whore that screwed around no problem.

She will give her hubby a S.T.D. not erotic just sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Comment from the husband

Let her wait for my return, I am no dummy... I won't be back and I didn't go to Chicago. Hope she finds someone as nice as I did.

Notice I lied in the last line of my note, and failed to say, "I love you" in the note.

Its because I know about her conferences and now have 70% of our assets and no forwarding address and a new name.

Theakston58Theakston58about 6 years ago
Enjoyed it

Very hot descriptive sex! You obviously are intelligent and have a great imagination. I for one hope you keep writing.

Theakston

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Reads

Reads like it was written by a monkey with a butt red from sitting a week at the computer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Needs a part two

jimjam69jimjam69over 1 year ago

Just another slut fucking around on her sad ass husband.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Im afraid that was nothing like a story???

Just rubbish about 2 people having sex which most of us are familiar with anyway

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRedMonkeyButt@RedMonkeyButt
157 Followers
The Inhuman Universe is still buzzing through my head right now, but unfortunately Anathema hasn’t really budged. I’m just not sure where I want that one to go or how it’s tying into the world as a whole. I can post it and see what reactions it gets, but it’s not finished. Wha...