All Comments on 'Where's Buster'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 596 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thpical Gerald

The worst good writer around, but this wasn't even good writing. No confrontation and no ending made this barely a three star story. Three was generous. What happened to you?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
good and concise

i would like to see a 2nd part

management91399management91399almost 4 years ago

Welcome back! Love the setting I can imagine the boat sailing down the Hudson but it would be a bit scary in january I think! Seems like this is a one off but I'd love to see this continue, thanks for coming back and if time permits lets have some more!

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
here another one

I wonder if women really think fucking another man won't affect their marriage. All you lady's out there......is that what you think?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very well written story

Pack and leave. Done. But he left some of his stuff and his truck. Why? It was still a good answer to a cheating wife's betrayal. I can never figure out why women, or anyone else for that matter, believe that they are entitled. I believe she earned what she got - no husband. Thanks for taking the time. I especially loved that you stole dtiverson's favorite companion - Buster the ugly dog! LOVE that dog! It's as good as JPB's collection of women that appear in his stories. Well played!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story

Good to have you back

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 4 years ago
Eh?

What happened to the ending?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Whoa... Did someone hack RichardGerald's account?

How is that the husband in this story is acting like an actual human being and a 3 dimensional character, and is not just a poorly drawn caricature or a door mat designed to get a rise out of the readers?

Did Richie take writing lessons during the quarantine or is someone else using his account?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Needs a chapter 2

Needs a chapter 2 and maybe a alternative ending with a good one and bad

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
3 stars,

Needs more.

devtekdevtekalmost 4 years ago
Great work, as usual.

Hoping for a sequel

YouamiYouamialmost 4 years ago

RG

It's great that you were able to contribute this story, whatt with your commercial novel writing and all. You are a writer that creates plot and believeable characters which is a most welcome change from some of the crap us readers have to wade through. Again thank you for taking the time with this gem!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Please decide how to spell your main character

I enjoy your stories, but is it Olivia or Oliva? So sloppy.

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

This was great until it wasn't finished. Part 2? 4stars

BleeckeBleeckealmost 4 years ago
Thank you

At last why does a woman think that they can spend a weekend with another man and expect to come back as if nothing happened thank god david had the balls to walk away. Well written

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 4 years ago
Oh well.

You reap what you sow. Too bad David didn't really burn the bitch, he just ran out of a failed marriage. She should have seem it coming, David did not agree to bring a cuckold, but she HAD to have Doug, a notorious womanizer. She better check herself for STDs. She is so selfish that she is more worried about her lover than her husband. I would love to see another chapter... Good story but a bit incomplete...5 stars.

alfiemoon12alfiemoon12almost 4 years ago
great story

great story, really enjoyable read. would love to read a follow up though. it seems a little unfinished business between them. needs closure one way or another. thank you for another great story.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 4 years ago

now she can have mr. umbrella.

cfwolf58cfwolf58almost 4 years ago
Seems unfinished

The husband, the attack, then the wife, ending seemed rushed, finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Incomplete

Pretty incomplete...no emotions nothing!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Needs to be finished

Very good story, hopefully you will write a 2nd part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

What if she wants buster in the divorce?

tejmjm55tejmjm55almost 4 years ago

Welcome Back, Good luck on your novel. Is a one weekend worth ending your marriage. A long term affair or affairs maybe ,but not a weekend. Punish her in some way ,but give her an out. Again ,welcome back and keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
An excellant short story

Good character development and plot flow. Excellent ending with a mystery. The protagonist keeps his dignity and the plot has a more real life feel about it. The negatives: no ninjas or school teachers with hidden special forces training. No long term sustained revenge plot so convoluted it rivaled an Agatha Christie novel. Otherwise, good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
women aren't taught anymore

this new culture of, "YAS QUEEN, SLAY" is toxic.

This idea that men are the root of all evil, and women are somehow both goddess powerful, and at the mercy of 'toxic masculinity' has warped everyone's minds. The truth is women go into heat like men do, and they become drooling idiots too. We warn men, in fact we can't seem to shut up about it. But women get no warning, no advice from older women.

Truth is when women go into heat they are likely to cheat. And it's for very shallow reasons. Strong jaw line, young, muscles, tall, the whole chad package. Her genetics are screaming at her to mate with that guy. And because her mating strategy is more socially linked than a man's, there is a lot of manipulation involved. And sometimes that means the less she's aware, the better. If she doesn't even understand why she cheated, she doesn't exactly have to lie to her provider mate. So her body and mind will betray her at a very base level, unless she's been mentally groomed and ready for it. Men like to spread their seed, period. Society fears this, so it grooms boys to hate that behavior. Society seems far more forgiving of women that cheat and even trick men to raise another man's child. Evolution isn't a moral thing. But if we want a better society, there may be less little chads running around, but young women ought to be groomed about their 'in heat' mode too. At the very least modern society has SOME older men teaching younger men about it.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

Milquetoast 101 ... With a dog and a boat.

Well written emotional flatness.

Redo1984Redo1984almost 4 years ago
Good story

I personally enjoy the soon to be ex not getting any communication or closure.

Drives most women mad.

Redo1984 🤘

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Just reading the description: "Wife want's a fling with a co-worker before settling down." - Newsflash! She's a wife, which means she's gotten married. Being married is the very definition of being settled down!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Beginning of a journey?

Would love to see further stories with the characters that doesn't necessarily have to be LW themed. I'm hoping you poised this for just that purpose. Curious on Dave's sea adventures.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Yes welcome back we missed your great stories. So with that said don’t know why but though this story was fantastic. I just feel that I was short changed somehow like there wasn’t enough revenge on the cheating wife. Yes the Doug deserved everything he got and I probably would have loved something else happen to her or read how much she had to crawl and really really beg her husband forgiveness. I just don’t know but I was looking forward for something more at the ending because it was just getting juicy. It just felt like there was more to go in the story like letting him have a “ hall pass “ . I’m just throwing up some maybe idiot ideas it’s just that I wanted more . I think it was that I was just really really enjoying the story. I just don’t know but it still felt like there was something missing . Anyway if you can figure out what was missing would be fantastic. Like your story it was fantastic I just can’t class it as superb till you or I know what is missing from your story. So please please help but don’t ever stop writing these types of stories they are clearly fantastically well written.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

A good framework for a story. Unfortunately, all the passion and emotion was stripped out.

I think this would've been better from the husband's point of view, because he was the one with the conflicted emotions. He loved his wife, the only woman he'd ever been with, then he finds out Mr Umbrella is seducing her. The wife isn't really conflicted. She's a fine example of an entitled bitch, selfishly going after what she wants without giving a shit about her husband's needs or feelings.

I don't get why David didn't make his stance perfectly clear: if you fuck him, we're done. The marriage was on life support when the entitled wife talked about being attracted to Doug, but David just seemed to be resigned to his wife being a slut for this other guy. Had he just mentally checked-out and given up on her?

As much as I like the shock value of David just walking out on Olivia and her realising she'd lost her husband, a confrontation is more satisfying. Conversations 18 by SleeperyJim is a fine example of how to really twist the knife on a cheating bitch.

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 4 years ago
Excellent

The only gap I didn't see well covered was from October to December. Did she keep working late, etc.? She admitted to Doug that she hurt her husband, but did she not care enough to change behavior? David seemed unaware of the party kissing, but had bought the boat during that time period, so presumably he decided to bolt based more on the October ice storm and her continued attention spent on Doug. She never got his explicit permission either. More dialog around that would have helped. Without it, she seems a little dumb or painfully aware of how much damage she is doing. There is no sequel here. He left because she increasingly disrespected him for seemingly more than a year. He bought a boat, got a new job, and quit a teaching job mid-year. The weekend's sex was just a timing opportunity for his departure.

GroundrodGroundrodalmost 4 years ago
Nice read

Liked it. Maybe a part 2?

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 4 years ago
Welcome back

The weak, dickhead David, never actually told his wife that he was against her having that "Wild" weekend with her lover. He just asked "what if I said No" and she responded by letting him know it would go ahead anyway. So, his wishy-washy stance gave her the impression she could get away with it. All the hurt, puppy dog looks meant nothing to a woman thinking she had the right to do what she wanted. It certainly seemed as if he had accepted her decision. Why didn't he make himself clear! "If you go ahead and do this, this marriage is OVER, BITCH".

Still, great writing. Cheers.

grogers7grogers7almost 4 years ago

Great beginning. Great set up for a novella with 5 characters to follow and learn about

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 4 years ago

Pretty cut and dried. Matter of fact, maybe a bit too much so. Minimal characters, husband, wife, studly and persistent co worker. Typical husband not quite good enough for wife in heat. Wife very pretty and implication of being more that the husband rates. Arrogant, "curious" wife thinking she can have whatever she demands. Low life guy impossible to resist.

Not too much emotion, almost cold blooded. The husband refuses to play the cuckold and leaves, taking a good chunk of change to buy the boat he always wanted, which is nice. Stud gets thoroughly beat up which is gratifying. Wife is upset for a bit about husband leaving and is left alone.

While I agree that the story feels a bit empty, I'm not sure another chapter will fix anything. All the characters are where they should be. The wife is alone. The husband is on to a new life with his boat, the job he wanted, his dog, and his self esteem. The stud is in the hospital. It's complete. The emptiness is in the lack of development in this story. All the needed pieces are there but lack fullness and energy. It's a rather bland meal, nutritious but tasteless and uninteresting to look at.

Rob5373Rob5373almost 4 years ago
Good story

I liked it but agree with the others that it needs an ending. This one was kind of anti climactic.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Glad you're back posting

Good little story. Would like to see a follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank you for writing again

Good story. Five stars.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Quit asking for a sequel

This is one of those rare occasions when RG doesn't completely fuck over the male protagonist in a story. He actually gave him an out with dignity, so don't have him write a RAAC sequel where the protagonist forgives an extremely cold act. It doesn't matter that it was just for a weekend, she is a terrible person and he deserves better.

Their entire life was all about her. Her choices, her career, and what SHE wanted. Now she can fuck off and he can prioritize his life.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 4 years ago
Very good

Clean, well written. Her husband knew she would have her way, and it was likely this would only be the first time. He was right to kick her to the curb and move on. "If you don't want to be married to me, why on earth would I want to be married to you?"

Chilley

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"That was the kind of romantic dream David was prone to, and a substantial part of what endeared him to his more practical wife." - In general, practical people shouldn't marry dreamers, it usually leads to conflict.

Maybe it's because I'm NOT a Casanova, but I can never understand why guys who can get pretty much any woman he wants, gets fixated on the ones that are hard to get.

"She was a normal woman with all the desires a woman can have" - Yes, and despite what LW would have you believe, normal women in happy marriages have little problem suppressing those desires.

Oh, no, not "What would another man be like" angle! If you're happy and satisfied, what does it matter?

"I'm a woman with all the physical limitations of my sex." - Um, no. Women are perfectly capable of controlling their desires.

"You're the only man I've ever been to bed with." - You're the only woman HE'S ever been with. Pretending that you didn't want this, how would you feel about HIM seeing what some SPECTACULAR woman was "like?"

"Why? You said your husband wouldn't give us trouble." - Actually, she DIDN'T say that, she only said that he wasn't violent. That doesn't mean that he couldn't be driven to violence, or cause some other kind of trouble.

"she had convinced herself that she needed to be with Doug at least once." - At LEAST once? Once might not be enough?

The fact that he "usually" acquiesced doesn't mean that he will ALWAYS acquiesce!

She wasn't sure that she was happy that he couldn't knock her up?! So much for it being just a fling!

Please don't write a sequel where she finds him.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
That was excellent!

To whatever extent wives like that exist, I will never understand them. You did a terrific job of bringing their rationalization to the front in a clear description of a cheater trying to excuse their actions. That was great and the boat was a fun twist.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 4 years ago
Please add a part 2.

She’s getting off too easy.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 4 years ago
More Please

Well done as usual. I'm with others that would like to see a follow up. Please consider it. Thanks for the story and your hard work.

Woodmanone

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoalmost 4 years ago

yeah another 5! as always a great read and it needs a sequel. if there is one criticism, it was a bit short and not enough emotional discussions between hubby and wife plus the chase from the slimeball. glad you are posting again!

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 4 years ago
Entertaining

Need I say more? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I'm surprised at the comments

Some of RG's work has been excellent. The plot here was just a variation of the familiar "wife wants to date" plot. There's nothing wrong with that except that the writing was uncharacteristically awkward and the characters never really developed. In addition, RG threw in the old "big cock" cliche, which I would have thought the more intelligent authors here would have out grown. Sometimes I wonder whether the writers who use the "big cock myth" simply suffer from an extreme case of penis envy, are closeted homosexuals, or simply don't understand sex and women. My general impression is that RG didn't really apply himself to this story. Still, it's better than the torrent of dreck we've seen on this site for months, so I'll give it an affirmative action 4.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

Damn good, 6*. I hope Mr. Umbrella enjoys castration and GE wakes up since he's their predator! Hooyah salute!

I do see a part 2 coming elaborating David's trip/ future and Olivia's continued downfall. However, many L-LW's authors have written about the guy escaping to the south on a sailboat for a better life - it's an old and worn utopia theme.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 4 years ago
Tell me if you haven't heard this one before...

Man thinks he's in a perfect, loving marriage or something close to it.

Man find out his loving wife is actually cheating on him or is fed out with her constant adultery.

So man walks away from his marriage... like, literally walks away from it, without any confrontation or, way more importantly, any divorce whatsoever.

Now, if that male character doesn't sound like he was created by Richard Gerald... then I guess it's your first time reading anything he wrote!

Honestly, what is it with husbands in a RG's tale that make them all so avert about demanding a divorce? Yes, I know that 80% or so of dissolution of marriage are instigated by women, but the number of apparently normal 'white collar' characters this seemingly talented writer turn into runaway spouse is ridiculous.

So we're supposed to buy that David had the forethought to plan his attack on Doug (for those who missed it: yeah, he did it) and his getaway on a yacht, but didn't really take into account what would be the most likely reaction his wannabe ex-wife would do about it, since he didn't serve her with divorce papers? So he walked out... but what exactly is preventing Olivia from running after him? Hell, unlike the runaway husband in "Sailing to The Bottom", he didn't even hide where he was going - as far as I know, there's not an unlimited number of marine research institute in Florida, and it's not like a yacht christened "Amor" who happened to host a huge dog on it will be all that hard to track down. So what exactly is preventing Olivia of eventually jumping on a plane to the Sunshine State, and start a serious campaign to win her husband back? Why would he want to deal with the aggravation of such a possible outcome?

It's dumb. He could have gotten a lawyer on retainer just days after his first confrontation with his wife about her 'special friend'; he could have had divorce papers brought up and put them on standby while waiting to see if Olivia actually valued their relationship or not; he could have her served on the Monday, after her return, requesting nothing, but Buster, the boat he got out of their baby fund and, of course, his freedom; he wouldn't even need to be there if he gave his power-of-attorney to his lawyer, and the dissolution would have become a 'fait accompli'...

But no, not this guys, because this man is... a male character created by Richard Gerald. There really isn't any other way to explain it.

Some bad habits are hard to get rid of, and, evidently, it's extremely hard for Gerald to not turn a wronged husband, in his stories, into a coward. And I know that he doesn't see it this way, but, from most people's point of view, theyre's nothing courageous about some fellow deserting his marital obligation without making it crystal clear he has no longer any intention in keeping them, either legally or morally. Walking away is one thing, but making sure THERE'S NO WAY BACK after leaving is just as, if not more, important. All David did, by not serving his faithless wife divorce papers, is giving some hope to Olivia that she can still save her marriage. As I said before, that's dumb.

Not as dumb as Alicia herself, though - it takes a special kind of immature woman to think that their man would be the least bit OK with what she cooked up, especially since he never agreed to it. Doesn't matter that she was/still is supposedly inexperience in relationships - she should have seen it coming. At the very least, she should have put herself in her husband's shoes and wonder what would have been her reaction if he requested the same fling that she did. Yeah, we all know the answer of that question... Narcissism and lack of empathy are the cornerstones of unfaithful spouses, right along with seemingly uncontrollable libido. Her hubris reaped the result it sowed, and she had no one to blame for the death of her marriage, but herself... although said marriage isn't dead at all.

That's why I'm kinda puzzled that so many readers requested a follow-up to this story. Again, I have to ask: DO YOU KNOW THIS AUTHOR? Dude is NOT into divorce! So a sequel to this will DEFINITELY be a RAAC, and there's NUMEROUS examples, in his library, that prove just that. "The Bridge" and the conclusion of the "Crime & Punishment: The Prequel" series are complete aberrations for him, 'cause people actually get divorce in them! Even in stories like "Her Itch" and "He Makes Her Laugh", the protagonists half-assed get out of their marriage with the minimum effort to do so, and, in "The Sparrow's Tale", the guy only gets divorce, because he found an upgrade to his cheating wife! So what do you think is going to happen here, if Olivia gets a face-to-face with David? Yeah, they're going to get back together - guarantee! And who wants to read THAT!? Naw, sorry - 'got no interest to read yet another RG's sequels where he lets his male lead get castrated. Let's leave this one walking away with some dignity, even though it's probably not going to last for too long...

As some of you may have realize by now, I didn't find this new effort by this author all that original - the first chapter of "Sailing to The Bottom" is almost a carbon copy of this one. It's still compelling, though, like watching dumbasses fucking around with a grizzly bear is compelling, you know? Still, although it may not have been as original as his previous works, it remains infinitely better than the overwhelming majority of so-called stories that has polluted this genre for the last weeks or so. this man can write - you may not like what he wrote, but denying that he is indeed a writer makes you foolish.

In any case... this was okay. Thanks for the share.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
we need a 2nd chapter

Good story, please continue

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
Whoa!

Full marks.

You have always been a gifted writer and I have always said so even if I haven't found many characters of yours to like anything about.

This was up to your usual excellent standard and I found two characters to like.

I liked Louis because he struck back at the lothario in the only way he knew how, limited as it was.

I also liked David and respect his decisions immensely. Buster definitely gets some love as well.

Olivia appears to be a selfish, self centered and self delusional woman who decided being another notch on a moron's bedpost was more important than all the time work and love her and David had put into each other and their life.

Not all women are as out of control as the women in this story, especially happily married ones. I have known quite a few who would cheat or debase themselves for a Doug but I'm really not convinced that so high a percentage would as in this story.

I've always had a sticking point about stories where a super lothario has the skill/ability to eventually seduce any and all women.

I'm not saying Doug was written that way but it did seam he was able to seduce all the women he targeted and Olivia was certainly not a very strong or good example.

Here is hoping that if Louis gets prosecuted, Doug's activities in the workplace come to light and costs him something for purposefully muddying his work place.

Overall the satisfaction level of this story is very high. David is to be admired and respected and you have my thanks for a fairly rich and complex character.

P.S. I hope your commercial endeavor goes well.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 4 years ago
Southbound and Down

Great little story. I suspect David will have no difficulty upgrading in Florida. Great writing; good to have RG back.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 4 years ago

RG

Are you going to make this just like 'Another Love' where anybody can write an ending?

LenardSpencer, Yes David said, "What if I said no." Her mind was made up and so he made up his. how would have she handled it if he said, "You got your weekend now I get mine, only I want a week." People need to realize that there is always a price to be paid, either up front or with the ferryman when it's done.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago

Why do married women think they can spend a weekend with a lover and then come home and everything will be just fine????

meucimeucialmost 4 years ago

I liked it but I would have rather her husband confronted her before he left. Yes there was consequences but her finding out by a note on her dresser was just a weak ending in my opinion. Also him being jumped by a man in a mask was kind of weak too. It would have been much better if she would have lost both men at the same time. Once she starts feeling better tomorrow she will run right to the hospital to be with her next choice, like I said I would have rather her lose both options at the same time. I really do like your work this just seemed rushed to me but I am glad to see a new story from you.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
Well Done

It's strange, but I can sympathize with both Olivia and David...and with Doug, too. I spoke to a very latin-looking and attractive male coworker some years ago and after knowing him for some time and knowing of his continual chasing of company women I met his absolutely ravishing, sexy wife. I asked him why he would pursue women who were clearly less attractive and less appealing than what he had at home. He said it wasn't the appeal of the women, It was the chase and the achievement of his quest. He was indeed very successful. I have never been in a position to test this theory, but I can understand it.

I am more in the position of David. Perhaps more experienced than him, but very possessive and certainly unwilling to share. I have never been put in the position of having to forgive a clear transgression such as Olivia's with Doug. And somehow I can understand Olivia's wistful longing for more experience. I do not think that with her single-minded look at the world where her wishes are paramount that she would limit her extramarital experiments to Doug alone in the future, but I can understand a need for variety. I can't understand her complete misreading of her husband. if she really wanted to stay with him she would have to understand what was really important to him. He had already given up his professional aspirations for the sacredness and security of a marriage to a woman he loved. Now he was asked (or rather told) that he would have to give up that dream, too. A really bad read on her part. But the story was told well and at 3 pages was the ideal length for a Literotica story. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Perfect short story

Another 5 from RG's world of smart, yet clueless female Lawyers, their "less credentialed " husbands and who take some sort of action that Ms. Super Lawyer never considered likely. Does anybody think Ms. Super Lawyer can find her ex on the water between NYC and FLA? RG shut the door on a sequel as well.

Think Buster was the name of the dog in a DT Iverson story.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldalmost 4 years ago

Yes, I knew from the title that Buster would be part of the punchline. Yes, she was a little too easy to dislike. True, he was far too long-suffering. So what? This is a narrative nonpariel. A treat to read that makes me want more. I do agree with those comments that suggest part two.

How about a comedy based on Olivia's frantic efforts to the matrimonial dog shit off her Louboutin's? I know you can do it. By the way, thanks for "He makes her laugh." It's a favorite.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 4 years ago
very very good! more! more!

xzy's point re: stupid wives is well taken but not so much in this case. I think RG portrayed her with more sympathy and nuance than is normally found in the trope and the husband is neither a whiny cuckold or a vengeful superman, thankfully. I would have liked a final confrontation between the two before she left for her fuckfest, but hell, I didnt write it, did I?

Got a chapter 2 for us, RG?

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 4 years ago
comment pending moderation?

Say what???

I wonder what I'm in the doghouse for....

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
As for a sequel, I think not

Unless it serves to bring more pain to a very selfish, very stupid female lawyer. Pregnant by her lover, humiliated by all co-workers and friends, ostracized by family, and properly chided by David's new girlfriend to the point of suicide, yes, a sequel is a great idea!

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 4 years ago
Yes!

Well written and you kept your readers wondering how it would turn out. I am constantly amazed at how some people are so stupid when it comes to real life. Did she really think she could indulge her fantasy all weekend without some negative results? Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
On the star ranking on this site, I could only give you five.

This is not your best story, but by comparison of most stories on this site, I'd have given a rating of seven or eight stars if I could have. Also, it does deserve a sequel, and I’ll anxiously await that or your next story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
excellent

very well done but to short of an ending, unless there is a part 2.

She threw away her marriage.

I would like to see a part 2 with umbrella guy having paid more then just a beating.

And hopefully a good outcome for the husband.

Am uncertain how you could write a way to save the marriage, you wrote the wife sort of cruel and uncaring.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07almost 4 years ago
Excellent

Always great to have RG post another gem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well Done

Thank you for sharing

argusx2002argusx2002almost 4 years ago

I have favorited several of your stories. This one is ok. It needs a squeal.. more please.

argusx2002argusx2002almost 4 years ago

I have favorited several of your stories. This one is ok. It needs a squeal.. more please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Loved the subtle BTB. The husband planned by buying a boat and fixing it up the month before when he realized nothing he could do would change her mind. Or he realized she would likely cheat on him in the future if she backed off now because of his protests.

But although he had prepared, he did not act until she she cheated. Like others, I think this story deserves to be continued and expanded. Still 5 stars.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 4 years ago
Stupid woman

Well written but Olivia is really dumb and won't make it through life without a lot of misery. I don't blame David for being gone and never looking back and Doug got what he deserved even though he's still alive. You don't need to write a second part as Olivia destroyed her marriage completely and any reasonable man would never take her back. She is so dumb I doubt she will learn after her next marriage and keep making the same kind of self delusional decisions over and over leading to other divorces.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Excellent, but needs a part 2

Thank you for a well written, and excellent story. This really needs a part 2 that should contain how Olivia and David's parents feel about their breakup (how is Olivia going to explain to her parents about what she did - this wasn't a mistake, this was deliberate), there should also be an investigation by the company and the numerous affairs should come to light, numerous divorces (Doug did have affairs with several married women), several lawsuits ( 2 per divorce - Alienation of Affection against Doug, and violation of morals clause against the company, and that isn't including numerous possible sexual harassment lawsuits against Doug ), and of course how David will restart his life without Olivia, and how Olivia will have her perfectly planned life destroyed (she could even be pregnant by Doug), and of course how the company will deal with this nightmare. Doug's rising star just crashed and burned - no decent company would ever touch him again do to his behavior - He will be broke, working minimal wage or slightly better (certainly never in management again), and hopefully his balls were permanently damaged in the attack.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyalmost 4 years ago
Outstanding!

Your stories are always so well crafted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

great story but surely needs a better ending. probably give it a 4 but part 2 added then maybe a 5

tizwickytizwickyalmost 4 years ago

Unfortunately, this story was NOT up to the usual high standards of RichardGerald's previous work. The ending seemed rushed and simplistic. All of the principal characters were thoroughly unlikable arrogant, stupid, and wretched people. David's cowardice in not confronting his wife and Doug Chapel and allowing this transitivity of a affair to ever occur is repulsive and contrary to the behavior of most men in similar circumstances. A better ending would have been for Julie's husband, Louis Stevenson, to have beaten Doug Chapel, Olivia Taylor, and David Taylor for being such repulsive immoral people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good simple story

Just a little thin and lacking in emotion. Looking forward to your usual tale of emotions and power politics and got little of either. A sketch rather than a portrait.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 4 years ago
It seems slightly derivative.

Is there not another author on this site whose male protagonists always seem to wind up sailing away with a large, ugly, brown dog of indeterminate parentage named Buster?

Also, the story seems incomplete, the conflict/tension unresolved.

muirmadramuirmadraalmost 4 years ago
A Good Story!

Definitely needs a sequel for a couple reasons. She needs to discover how her paramour manipulated her for his own selfish desires and she needs to see how her husband has a backbone!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
4*s as is, but . . .

I held off rating it in case there's a second part. It seems unfinished somehow.

flatcar44flatcar44almost 4 years ago
And just how will Olivia find David?

He's at sea. She'll have to wait until he pulls into port. Though the author did provide the name and ship type, so that should help her. And she could search for marine research institutes. But either way, she's got time on her hands.

Good story, and I'd like to see a part 2 as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Needs a Part 2

Author raised the tension nicely. Pulled the trigger. And then,... pffffttt! Open endings work sometimes. In this case, not so much.

Still, a really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
"The porch lights were out, and she didn't see David's truck. She assumed David had moved his truck into the garage. "

For what is supposed to be an intelligent woman, you wrote her as rather dense.

<P>

As with most stories, rather average. A solid 3.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
EXCELLENT WRITING!

I would hope you'd continue this. I'd never hire her for a lawyer, she's just too stupid. If she does find him, she may have a chance to get him back, but it's slim. It would be nice if she learned a lesson...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Please continue this great beginning!

Title says it all! :)

timrivtimrivalmost 4 years ago

Good story, needs a chapter two as I think from reading this story that things are over with Olivia and her husband and for that matter Doug. If she is really remorseful loves her husband she needs to give David some time and space, sell the house make things are over with a Doug quit her job and move to Florida aNd get a new job, new apartment and then try to get him back. He didn’ divorce her and didn’t say he didn’t love her so maybe in time they might be able to fix things with help.

ohioohioalmost 4 years ago
Short, concise, clear, and painful

Another powerful and sad story from RG, a writer whose work I consistently admire. (Yes, sometimes it's Olivia and sometimes Oliva, but who cares?)

His men are quiet, and they're more likely to disappear than to explode in anger or beat up some lover. But the fact that the stories lack explosive confrontations doesn't make them any less effective--as this one demonstrates.

Thanks for your great writing!

ohio

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 4 years ago

3* Typical LW mediocre story with a wimp cuck husband who runs away like a loser coward. Wife and lover win in the end. Not so in real life wherein jealous husband would have severely injured or killed both of them. Get real Rg. Read or watch the news.

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 4 years ago
At least...

He didn’t end up finding a way to reconcile - although in your stories, it is still early days. Please DON’T do a continuation, it will only disappoint people. Leave it like ‘The Bridge’. Not all relationships recover from mistakes made by a spouse.

Just my opinion! LOL!

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 4 years ago
Great story.

No follow up story needed. Here is a husband that gave up his dreams so that his wife could have her's. As a reward she tells him that she needs to experience this other man. She overlooks the fact that she is the only woman that David has ever been with, but she only sees that David is the only man she has ever been with and feels entitled to this fling. Keep sailing south Dave. She is not worth another thought. *****

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 4 years ago
Super

truly a great story with perfect character development and enough action to keep readers interested and engrossed in your excellent work.

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
More Please

This was great, but I only gave four stars because it needs an ending. David was better off following his dreams without her. Just walk away and move on. In my world, no way could you reconcile after what she did. The best part being Doug got was coming to him by another husband. Thank you

gordo12gordo12almost 4 years ago

Well done although I thought Buster would have a bigger role in the story. 5*

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 4 years ago

I loved this story, which does not need a second chapter. Perfect ending. He uses her own words to explain his move. And Doug got his comeuppance, which was foreshadowed earlier in the story.

Thanks for the heads up about your novel. I went to Amazon and found the book, which I hope to start tonight.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

@LeonardSpencer - He has to TELL her that he's opposed to her having a weekend "fling?"

@Dman - "Another Love" wasn't "anyone can write an ending." It had an ending, it was just that the ending pissed off enough people who wanted to write their own endings.

Why do people say this needs an ending?

abitshyoneabitshyonealmost 4 years ago
part 2 ?

great .. realy enjoyed this story ,, making the point of marriages never being equal,, the female allways getting her way ,, well she got it allright , , , , BUT,, wheres buster, id love to know where this ends up, reconciliation ? ,, divorce ? ,,, ,, does she find him, ?, again a great story, thanks for sharing..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Some constructive criticism...

Hi, not a bad effort but as a journalist (as opposed to a fiction writer), allow me to comment on some issues...

Try to write "tight"...in other words look to tighten up your sentences.

Don't use four words when three will do.

In the beginning you kept referring to "GE Schenectady". After the first regerence, we know where it is so try to use nother word..."work, the office, GE,(we know it's not GE in Ohio)" something like that.

Likewise, you refer to Douglas Chapel several times. On second reference call him Doug.

Do we really need to know the Latin wording of tax law? Ask yourself...does it as to the story?

Finally, in paragraph 7 when you talk about them getting Buster you write "David, her husband..." by then we already know David is married to Olivia. It's redundant at best and really annoying to some.

As I said I'm a journalist, I admit I don't know much about plot or character development, so I'll give you credit for writing and publishing this, but try to be concise.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

A good marriage is all about compromise!

5

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Superb writing!

Delighted to see a new story from you and I wish you all the best with your professional undertakings. Thanks for an excellent work.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Enjoyed the story but

Would anyone be that patient with her. No one I know. You want to what? HELL no!!!! Audios bitch. And no, I damn sure don’t want to see them back together. You can let her catch up to him right after he and his new woman fall madly in love.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous