All Comments on 'Which is Worse?'

by cageytee

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
This is one of the most depressing stories...

I have ever read. Cheating spouses sucks, but at least all your other stories had a happy ending. After this one, I'll pass on reading any more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
What a load of crap

The man is a habitual cheater, but it's the wife that gets punished for it? How medieval.

PArebelPArebelalmost 19 years ago
Enjoyed it

Interesting premise for a change of pace.

I disagree with the idea expressed below that she alone got punished. They both got punished. Sad, perhaps not your best storyline, but still a nice read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Judgemental much?

I cannot believe how judgemental people are if they dislike a story! "I did not like this story so I will not read anything by you ever again." What the hell is that?! One storyline you do not like and that's it for that writer?! Grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Thanks, Interesting Story!

This was a definite departure from the 'standard' storylines. Interesting, sexy in a scary way. I actually cared how they might end up, but we were properly warned and prepared for the treatments ultimate failure. Thanks.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
It chilled me good!!

Belatedly, I have reached this earlier story (date wise it seems like I am reading you backwards). I have found a very fine work. It reminds me very much of a famous Sci-Fi TV series, which used to be on a few years ago (the name escapes me). Just like in that TV series, this story starts with a realistic premise, than it introduces a scenario which pushes the envelope just a bit beyond what is known at present or what is allowed to exist in practice. We are invited to see what the unforeseeable developments are... Brrr…I could hear the chilling music of that TV program as I was progressing in my reading. It gives you the chills, exactly because every thing seems so plausible, like it really COULD happen.

Once I finished the story, it got me thinking about some of its implications. Take for example the dangers or the limitations of leaning on technology and/or science in the human psychological domain, or the question of accepting imperfect reality vs. gambling on promising but risky or/unknown external solutions. I could go on…but the point is that the story wants you to think - a very good thing by all accounts.

At this point, I can start tracing a pattern in the author’s writing. In the stories that I have read so far, the existing formulas are being reformatted, while new angels are explored. In doing so, it is possible that the author may be loosing some readers. Expectations may not be satisfied (a sad ending), or it is possible that a story may be wrongly judged as a simple crime and punishment morality story about cheating. On the other hand, I am quite certain, that following this venue the author will add many more fans (me included) who crave original writing. Keep this very good work!

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 18 years ago
Depressing yes but..........

we were forewarned of possible 'side effects'. Frankly, I think that Dr Brown and his Clinic should be facing mal-practice procedures despite the 'paperwork' that was signed! Additionally, I think that, after at least 13 years of together, 5 weeks is a negligible time to invest in saving the marriage!!

S-DesS-Desabout 18 years ago
Nice Job

Ok, that one should carry a warning about being really depressing. Nice job with the developement of his nightmares. It was really sad that he continued pushing the treatments against his wife's wishes, only to wind up walking away from her because of them. I haven't ever read anything like this and appreciated something different. The other reviewer was right, challenging new subject matter might push away some readers, but it will earn you a lot of new ones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Very Sad

This is depressing. In the end, the wife loose her husband & the husband the cheater became rich & famous. Shit !!!

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Ugh!

Different, very sad, well written and still I did not like it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
oh!

oh? you are truly a bastard! you should go through "the tratment," fOR writting! aho! .........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
The Title says it all

One good story to have read . But it would have been better if you had elaborated it with more dialogs. Remember dialogs are the key to any successful story.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
PUSSY OR NO PUSSY

that is a question!!?? TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
That Was Tough

It seemed to find himself he had to lose all he had. What a jerkoff.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 11 years ago
What a Downer

Well written I suppose and perhaps there was a message there but far too depressing. It would have been better if you showed that he was unhappy after the breakup and perhaps even allowed for a reconciliation after some period of time. This was not an enjoyable read at all.

potsherdpotsherdalmost 10 years ago
A deep truth.

Your story is a clever piece of fiction but it contains a deep and salutary truth about the risks of "experimental" psychotherapy. Huge damage has been done, and a generation of mentally ill people were tortured and turned into vegetables by "treatments" as extreme as frontal lobotomy. True that "experiment" is well in the past, but the arrogance of some psychologists and their desire to play God has if anything increased.

I emphasise that this not experimental science -none of the normal controls are in place, and the ignorant and gullible subject assumes all the responsibility for the outcome - however tragic.

potsherdpotsherdalmost 10 years ago
Caveat

Please understand that I am not intending to stigmatise all psychologists. My wife was an educational psychologist all her working life, and I cannot speak too highly of her work, or that of those of her colleagues I came to know.

But even then (up to 2004) there was a black market for spurious diagnoses of dyslexia sold to parents by educational psychologists in private practise, both in the US and the UK. And let's not go into the role of the pharmaceutical companies in the treatment of an entirely spurious money-maker called attention deficit disorder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wow

that was just plain fucking STUPID. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

GARBAGE, just pure fucken garbage 1*

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 7 years ago
Creative. Extreme Unique

Not my cuppa, but well done. TY

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 6 years ago
More victimhood

Today weak ad selfish people claim they have a disease. They are pitied and "treated" rather than being told to just stop. Sex addiction is bullshit. It's people behaving badly and telling everyone it's not their fault.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Dam. Wish I had read the comments first...

The one below me was spot on.

Just a stupid piece of writing. A letdown from this author but stupid to be sure.

mark73107mark73107over 5 years ago
Not sure

A very sad story. 'Nuf said.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Sad

This was a sad story. At.least.She tried.

desertdog43desertdog43about 5 years ago
Were they really nightmares ?

Or was he drugged and forced to watch his wife gangbanged Huh ?

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Could almost be in Horror category.

I was expecting the last night they would morph the dream so he was the one having sex and he saw her watching him with her painful face; a pain he now knew to his very core. But then it wouldn’t fit...... I guess it could fulfill the title, if he now knew her pain added on top of his old guilt, causing him to go into catatonia.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Well written, but not for me. It almost deserves a horror tag.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't!!!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

She could dye her hair and wear disguises until his ID accepts her again. How big a settlement did they get from the quacks at that clinic?

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Good story, but ending was too sad.

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

I found this to be a very un-erotic and troubling story. I did not like it and gave the story a ranking of 2

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 years ago

Shit for a therapist, she didn’t watch do groupies, he cannot get rid of the imagery. Sue the quack then arrange for an accident

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They were divorced less than 6 months after he completed the treatments? To give up on the marriage so quickly shows they did not have great love for each other or for their children. This author's ideas on love and commitment are confused and juvenile at best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Terrible therapy. Broke the man and the marriage. Liz however deserves better anyways. She loves him unconditionally but he is now mentally ill. Backfired. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

How ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He became mentally damaged due to the crapoy therapy. Poor Liz. She deserves better anyways.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous