All Comments on 'White Castle Christmas'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
oldsage_1oldsage_1over 2 years ago

Great Christmas story and thanks for sharing this great group of characters with us again. Always great to visit with friends again.

Cheers and Happy Holidays, Melissa! Love your work

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your banter is absolutely fantastic.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 2 years ago

I laughed out loud at the Feliz Navidad retort. It was a nice look into the down and out world on Christmas Eve. 5* ~~JBE

woodwardwoodwardover 2 years ago

HHHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!! and HHOOOHHOOHOO. Very funny story!!!

yowseryowserover 2 years ago

Knights in White Castle

Oh my, this is a splendid little Christmas romp. How I wish the White Castles of my youth were this entertaining. Hilarious stuff and pitch-perfect repartee.

SimonDoomSimonDoomover 2 years ago

I love this story. I laughed the whole way through. It's smart, and smart-ass, but it's also humane. And in its own weird, twisted way, very Christmasy. I think you nailed the theme.

I worked at McDonald's a long time ago. It's not the same as White Castle, but the story still brought back some memories. Excellent!

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

5 stars

8 rain deer. People cannot just add other rain deer to the canon.

Like October is the 8th month, Octo is having eight. The Latin word octo cannot be changed to 10 month. December is the tenth month.

Yeah, strip clubs are dead on Christmas eve, great story.

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

Give Roxanne and Clover a Netflix series, "Strippers Getting Breakfast." It would give those Seinfeld comedian coffee runs some serious competition.

finegoldwinefinegoldwineover 2 years ago

Memories of Christmases Past...Good Story

grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusover 2 years ago

Nice to meet the Gold Dollar Girls again, loved it :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story. Love all the banter and it makes me laugh. Great characters that you've created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great authors reflect

Your words mirror life events

Blessed. We all see more

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Hi, Melissa,

Great to see the Gold Dollar girls back in action! Love their give-and-take attitude and dialogue, but also the generosity they exhibited to the other WC patrons. Very fun story, and yes, DH is a Christmas movie! Best wishes in the contest.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterover 2 years ago

Tangles idea of a "Strippers getting Breakfast" is perfect. I'd watch that.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 2 years ago

Seriously funny stuff here. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too bad there's not a #6 STAR rating! There should also be a disclaimer/warning for those who have recently broken a few ribs....laughing will be murderous. The dialogue is like a lumberjack on ballet pointe....unwieldy, yet graceful. You've replaced Jean Shephard's "Christmas Story" for favored altered views in my book.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 2 years ago

Humor is fucking hard, but this story is excellent. Lots of laughs. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love that tale. Definitely made me laugh. Thank you for your time and talent. DMW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A little ramble, but still worth five stars.

Merry whatever…

Tc

LuckyLuckyover 2 years ago

Very nicely done, Melissa, baby.

gordo12gordo12over 2 years ago

Loved the story. Like Simon said the smart-ass banter was hilarious. 5*

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Loved reading the story again. Congrats on the win but how could you lose with Sporty and the Gold Dollar Girls.

Cheers

SAGE

panaflorapanafloraover 1 year ago

Oh, Melissa. You have one wicked intellect, lady. A quint of pentagrams!

Oldguy81Oldguy81about 1 year ago

Well done! Reasonably happy bunch of human beings together.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy12 months ago

Absolutely fantastic ….. and just starting the party with such simple acts like burgers and free trinks … thats sympathy and heart

💝💝💝💝💝✨✨✨✨✨🌹

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This story made me laugh and tears came to my eyes. Your writing made me happy. Than you.

MigbirdMigbird5 months ago

Know I’m day/late offering praise on this piece, but absolutely hilarious and poignant — nice blend; so well crafted. Your imagination is so deep. White Castles — OMG, way, way back in the day most original, wacky place to grab a late night, uniquely scrumptious 12/15 cent burger — and never just one or two or three. And by the way, your biography reads like a Steve Miller Band song The Joker — not first time said that. Love it.

Runner4069Runner40695 months ago

Just absolutely freaking fantastic. Well written, witty, hilarious and just perfect!

1inquiringmind1inquiringmind4 months ago

Delightful, fun! A welcome change of pace. And, I would like to say………. What everybody else said :-)!

OmenainenOmenainen2 months ago

This hit me straight in the feels:

"You got to take steps if you want to get anywhere," he said.

So true.

I wasn’t so crazy about them mucking about at someone else’s place of work, but I’m choosing to believe Julio didn’t get in trouble for all that.

I was delighted I get to binge on these stories, but that was too quickly binged. Please write more.

GoldustwingGoldustwingabout 1 month ago

This was so much fun, Roxy and Clover are such good friends, and good people. I was chuckling the whole way through the story. I have worked with and know people like Clover who use their humour to build relationships. Another great story, thanks Mel.

dawg997dawg9976 days ago

"Why don't you get that Vlasic surgery?"

"Vlasic is a pickle. You mean lasik?"

----

Fucking gold. You are a great author.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...