All Comments on 'Who is John Galt?'

by richardbedfordwhite

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Atlas Shrugged is classic alright -- classic dreck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Trash

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

stupid ass writer... gone down the standard cuck route!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wtf? How can supposedly happy and satisfied couples go from faithful to fucking anything with a pulse? Swingers don't just stop fucking around. They need to fuck around years that's why they swing. Stupid story fucking around does not make a marriage stronger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Had to read it because of the title, I assumed it might have been sophisticated and meaningful.

Once past the references to Ayn Rand's classic though, the rest was not palatable for me.

As soon as something like her original query is brought up, by either party, then you know that they aren't thinking with your joint interests at heart.

Also, I cannot think of anything more dangerous than a tryst with lifelong friends.

Besides the plain fact of infidelity, the real danger in an outside dalliance is emotional entanglement. In this story, the emotional entanglement was already years old and bubbling under the surface before anything was ever suggested. Just nuts.

So what happened? Of course, their lifelong friendships have suffered, and may be damaged forever by the need to maintain this distance. That alone says that there is an undercurrent of feelings that will lead to someone being hurt, and in some way, all of them have been.

But what if the swap had ripped off a scab and one mismatched couple discovered they meant more to each other than could ever be set aside?

What if it led to a secret affair, betraying the ones not involved?

After all, all four of them already knew the personalities of the people they intended to hump, and must have been attracted to them enough to go along with it.

What if just one person woke up and discovered that they could not handle the situation, alienated their temporary fuckbuddy, and felt betrayed by the other couple, unable to reconcile?

This was a crazy, shallow story of people who could only superficially care for their partners.

And how would anyone be able to trust that a wife who instigated this swap, then dared bringing up the idea of having a boy toy, and then was ready for the challenge of a 2-4-1, could let it end there? Only in a fantasy story does an itch actually get scratched enough to make it go away. What an 'itch' is, is just giving in to your baser desires, and then getting what you can.

This should not be associated with Atlas Shrugged: to answer the question in the title, no-one in this story is John Galt by any stretch of the imagination.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Bets to what she does next?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

another cockold writer.weak hubby and whore for a wife.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

1 star - just another cuck/wimp/slut crap story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This marriage is a rudderless ship with runaway engines stuck at full speed ahead. The problem is the rocky cliffs which the ship is bearing down on. Obviously the weekend swap with Hank and Beth didn't successfully scratch Ann's itch. Evident by her errant scheme to spend a week as the company's mattress. Ann's confession to still being obsessed with having extramarital sex should have been a deal breaker for John. What does he do instead? Stokes her boilers. Provides more steam to drive her runaway engines. John gives Ann her hall pass of her mfm fantasies. She was satisfied...for a while, after her weekend with Hank. How long will she be satisfied after her spit roasting, before her gang bang fantasy rears it's head? When will John have to fall back onto damage control to try to avert the rocky cliffs ahead?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pseudo-intellectual persiflage, with a heavy emphasis on pseudo.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

John Galt is not stupid like this idiot

mitchawamitchawaabout 1 year ago

Hey, the story was fiction. There's no need to criticize the wife for her desires. The story was well-written and entertaining. Such arrangements are not in my playbook, but I'm not going to judge the lifestyles of others.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
Not

Worth the read, the husband should have just divorced the slut and been done with it that's where there headed. Bullshit.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 1 year ago

Not really my style, whilst I appreciate that it is a story and fictitious, they are looking at the end of their marriage. The wife is wanting more and more and won’t be satisfied with what she has now experienced, so pushing her husband further and further away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow! If nothing else you got a commenter to use 'persiflage' in a sentence. No mean feat. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If you've never had Chinese food, and then you do, and you LOVE it, why wouldn't you want more? There's lots and lots of different Chinese food. And then what about all the other types of food? What's he going to do when he finds her watching porn about big black cocks, or sex with midgets, or gang bangs, or posing as a prostitute? What's he going to do when some time in the future he finds out that Hank and his wife just happened to have been in some distant town on the same dates, but never told him or Hank's wife?

\

Its most likely a matter of When their marriage ends rather than If. The self absorbed slut will of course try to have her cake and eat it too, while keeping her maintenance man on a short leash, bringing in the money and keeping her content until her next adventure can be arranged, without him. She was hoping to spend A Week fucking some anonymous coworker, just because she was curious and had the opportunity. She jumped at the chance of having sex with two men who were complete strangers to her, seemingly unconcerned about what sexual experiences her husband was having. It was all about her.

\

A perfect setup for a sequel. We know who the husband will end up with if he has the chance. I suspect the whore wife will give him that opportunity without any regrets, at least for a while.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

Wow! Not a way to keep a marriage alive and well. He was right to try and steer it away from any love entanglements, but to keep indulging her fantasies, I think is a major mistake. But hay, that's JustOneMansOpinion.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 1 year ago

Ayn Rand??

Was a truly miserable person and a worse philosopher and writer. Any story with her as a linchpin is a downer and bad news.

MarkT63MarkT63about 1 year ago

Ann is a cheating slut... Divorce is their best option...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Gee, what a fun way to ruin a marriage! Let's swap!

Ok, now let's do threesomes!

That was fun! Let's do an orgy!

Honestly...

She's a slut and he's a fucking idiot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous