Whoremunculi Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Casi looks down at the little men blocking her way. "Oh? Whoremunculi are allowed anywhere they wish to be."

The guard squints his eyes at her, "Whoremunculi belong in the gutter with the filth...abominations one and all."

Casi takes a step back shocked at the words she just heard. Anger rises in her as she clenches her fist. These men could do little to stop her but she senses taking action now would only lead to more trouble. She prods the guard back in his chest which almost knocks him over, "I'll be back little man....a short dick man like yourself is no match for me."

The other guards laugh as the man rights himself with an angry scowl, "Be gone filth!"

Casi storms through the walkways, something stinks in the Apothecary and she is going to find the source of the stench.

Chapter 4 - Apprentice

Faye and Twe walk to the training grounds to meet her new Initiate. Twe stops outside the training ring to speak with other Whoremunculi as Faye continues on. She moves towards the central ring where many novitiates are cheering on a battle. They make room for Faye as she approaches, allowing her a better view of the match. Inside a small woman in green leathers is in combat with five other males in training garbs.

Faye smiles as she spies the leather. She's glad to see her new initiate has already earned her leathers so this internship is truly just a formality. The young woman rolls through her opponents, making short work of them in turn. For someone so small she is quick and strong delivering blows most grown men could not achieve. The crowd cheers as she takes down her final opponent. She smiles and waves humbly as she starts to head off the field when she notices Faye so alters her course.

Faye smiles, "Great show out there."

The small woman grins, "Thank you.....I'm Molle." She offers a hand.

Faye clasps her hand with Molle, "Faye."

Molle shakes Faye's hands, "I know who you are..." Molle hops over the fence before heading towards the training compound. "So I hear we're leaving for the frontlines in two days?"

Faye nods as they walk, "We are...i wanted to take the chance to meet with you before we left."

Twe spies them leaving and begins to follow but Faye motions for her to stay instead. "I'm pretty excited to get out there and start making a difference." Molle beams.

FAye can't help but feel her infectious energy, "Have you taken a bond yet?" Faye shakes her head, "Not yet....but I have been cleared to combat" she adds hastily.

Faye laughs, "I'm not judging. Just trying to get a gauge of where you are."

Molle sighs, "I am ready to take one but opportunity has not yet presented itself. Not that I am looking forward to it."

Faye places a hand on Molle's shoulder, "I understand all too well."

Casi storms through the Apothecary leaving a trail of confused maidens and soldiers. A short search leads her to Reik and Beis who are in the commissary obtaining supplies for the mission. She stomps in and slams the table, "I have the angers!!!"

Reik blinks at her sudden outburst and appearance, "So I see!"

Beis scowls and is ready for action, "Who am I facking up?"

Casi grumps and holds her bosoms to her chest, "They called me filth and an abomination!"

Reik gasps, "What? Who?"

Beis grabs a few knives and turns to leave, Reik grabs her shoulder and holds her back. Casi stomps, "The royal advisor's honor guard.....he said Whoremunculi were less than filth."

Reik looks genuinely confused as Beis adds a few more blades to her handful. "I'm shocked.....but we can't go storming in there....I'll talk to the Master Apothecary."

Beis scowls, "I prefer my plan."

Casi blinks, "Did you have a plan?"

Beis grins, "I was going to play tag with the honor guard."

Casi nods, "MMmhmm mhmm....sounds like a good plan" she grabs a couple more knives as well.

Reik sighs, "No one is playing tag.....I will talk to the Master Apothecary."

Beis grumps and drops the knives, "I like my plan better."

Casi whistles as she puts the knives in her hair. Beis grins wickedly as Reik heads out. "Meet you at the stables later. Put the knives back."

Both slump, "How does he know?"

Beis whines, "Every time...."

Reik walks briskly towards the Master Apothecary's laboratory. He nods politely as he passes guards and he thinks suddenly there are more guards than normal. He turns towards the labs and is stopped by an honor guard, "The Master Apothecary is not seeing anyone."

Reik looks down at the hand touching his leathers, "Touch me again and you will not have a hand to pull back."

The guard laughs as he pokes Reik in the shoulder, "Go back to your bed chambers Alchemist."

Reik's hand moves faster than anyone can see. He grabs the guard's hand and twists it with a rapid motion. Bones break and shatter the hand popping clean off before the guard realizes his hand is gone. Blood spurts all over the alabaster floor as the man screams in terror and pain. "You were warned."

The other guards draw their weapons blocking the path as the first guard drops to the floor. Reik looks at the guards with a stern expression. "Move out of my way or you will not live to speak again."

The guards look at each other rather than at the guard thrashing about on the floor. They choose the smarter course of action and clear his path. As Reik passes the last guard, "Summon a healer before it is too late to reattach his hand." The guard nods, salutes and runs off towards the healer wing.

Reik pushes the heavy door open with a resounding clank of metal. The Master Apothecary smiles as he looks up from his sensitive work. "Reik....what a pleasure to se...."

Reik slams the table, "What the devil is going on?? First Casi is called an abomination and now I am barred and threatened from seeing you?"

The Master Apothecary blinks as he turns away from his work. A cadaver cut open on the slab before him with ener-spheres and plates all around him. "What do you mean?"

Reik informs the Master of today's events quickly leaving the Master perplexed. "Curious....I was not aware this was happening. To be fair I have been rather lost in study.."

Reik crosses his arms, "Something is wrong here.....there is more going on with this...with the invasion to the north.....the King's Advisor?"

The Master nodnods, "I will have to investigate....take action if needed. I am starting to sense a greater danger than we previously thought."

Reik sighs, "Master it seems there is a growing faction that might be against the Alchemists and Whoremunculi...."

The Master scratches his chin, "Also troubling that all Alchemists have been sent far away to the frontlines as well...."

Reik scowls, "Should we stay?"

The Master shakes his head, "No....not until we have more information. We cannot risk the kingdom for suspicions and fear." he waves Reik away, "Leave me. I have much to think about."

Reik nods and bows, "Thank you Master."

The next two days go quickly as the Alchemists get ready for their journey north. On the third day they gather at the stables, introductions are made as Reik meets Molle for the first time.

Faye checks the straps on her horse, "Apparently we're being assigned a unit that will accompany us to the north."

Reik nods as he secures his last sack of wares to his horse, "Not unusual."

Molle smiles, "I know the captain...he was a friend before I started Alchemist training. We came up together in the academy."

"If I recall correctly you rode my coat tails to the top!" a man's voice says.

Molle turns towards her friend, "Zeb!!" She runs to him and he picks her up, spinning her in a circle. "I'm so happy to see you!"

The man puts Molle down and she turns towards the other Alchemists, "Faye....Reik this is Captain Zeb."

Faye nods a greeting as Reik clasps forearms with the Captain, "Pleasure to travel with you captain."

"Were that it was under better circumstances." Behind the Captain his troops pull up ready to hit the road, "Are you ready?"

The Alchemists Faye and Reik mount up and head out onto the road, their Whoremunculi walk behind them. Molle mounts her horse which she guides to walk besides Zeb. He leans over and whispers to her, "Is it not rude for them to not procure horses for their Whoremunculi?"

Molle laughs, "Not at all....Whoremunculi are much more durable than us... they prefer to walk. There's also the matter of the horses."

Zeb looks confused, "The horses?"

Molle nods, "Whoremunculi resonate at a higher frequency than us.....animals are much more sensitive to their nature and it usually does not go well if they try to ride them."

Zeb ahs, "The wonder of wonders. So much to learn..."

Molle grabs his arm, "I'll teach you....I have so much to share since last I saw you!"

For the next several hours Reik and Faye lead the procession followed by their whoremunculi, Molle and Zeb and lastly the Captain's company pulling up the rear. By Midday they stop by the small lake to take nourishment and a brief respite. They continue north after lunch and travel until the sun begins to set in the west. They make camp and feast well that night. They share stories, make plans for the journey as well as share tactical information.

The next several days pass in similar fashion as the unit makes its way north. The journey is easy on flat ground and leaves for little hardship. On the fifth day of travel they make camp early at the top of a ridge before making the tough journey down the switchback into the valley. The camp is quiet, a series of tents setup in circular fashion around a central fire. Zeb and Molle laugh and talk as they reminisce about old times back in the academy together. Faye and Reik talk on the opposite side of the fire about nothing of consequence.

From the northern end of camp sounds of a small ruckus start to gain the attention of those at the campfire. The captain silences Molle as he stands looking to the north, "Something's amiss..."

Reik and Faye stand as one and are about to head north when Casi, Aben, Beis and Twe run up to stand in guarding formation.

Aben shouts, "The camp is under attack!"

A massive fireball falls from the sky and impacts the firepit. The force of the impact sends a shockwave outward causing everyone present to be flung forty feet away. Fire and debris rain in every direction.