Who's the Fool Now

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When She lost that big job her life began spiraling out of control, she had built a, reputation, at that company. It followed her around costing her employment that she should have aquired. Also not working she was falling behind in her field, things were changing so fast. I said to her let's call it an evening and give me time to see what I could do for her.

"Okay Jack. Thank you, I really appreciate this." She said. "Jack, there is something you could do right now."

I looked into her face and our eyes locked for a moment before she lowered her face as she spoke into the floor.

"Would you get an Uber for me. I, I, spent the last of what I had to get here."

I stared at her in disbelief with a deep frown across my face when she looked up at me seeing it.

"Sweet Jesus, Diane!" I said, rather loudly as I put my hand to my forehead.

She burst into tears again saying I must really hate her. I told her, no, I had given that up a year after the divorce. I told.. no, commanded her she was spending the night here and we would get her things in the morning to move her here.

I went to Diane and held her in my arms when she calmed down she tried to kiss me, I gave her my cheek. Then I got us both a strong drink, I don't drink but on rare occasions and I made mine large. I had seen these looks before and felt these emotions from some one else in my life, my little side thing Deborah. I was forming a plan.

Chapter 9

I called my attorneys getting the ball rolling. Then after getting Diane settled in and taking care of her out standing debts, I sat her down for a talk, business talk really.

"Diane, I want something from you and I hope you will accept my offer, it does come with a time limitations so it is not permanent should you accept." I said.

"You need something from me? Jack, I don't have anything but what you see before you. I have nothing."

It was like a light turned on when her eyes went wide then a humbled shame look came over her face.

"I'll do it." Diane said, in defeated remorseful tone. "It's not like I haven't done something like that before."

"You might want to hear what I want first, before you accept. Many people can't handle what I want you to do" I said.

I explained I had a side thing going on in my life recently and her name was Deborah, who needed my help, desperately. I could help her, literally change her life for the better but I needed a woman to be in my life . Diane was confused and yet fearful of what I wanted from her because I hadn't specified any real details.

Diane asked if she would ever have to meet this Deborah, I told most definitely. I wanted to make sure they would like or be compatible with each other.

"We will go see Deborah tomorrow, oh, you might wear pants if you have them, jeans or those exercise pants women wear." I said and smiled.

We prepared ourselves for the day to go see Deborah. We had just pulled up when my phone alerted, it was my attorney. He was telling me everything looked good, it was a go if I could get my end to happen. Diane stared out the window, then looked at me, I looked back at her and smiled saying to her.

"Just act natural and a be bit like a mommy or big sister." I said.

We entered the Foster Care Home and met up with Janice. Janice told me she had been waiting, running to the window every few minutes when she found out Uncle Jack was visiting today. We walked to the play room to see Deborah staring out the window and walk back to a sofa slowly head down.

Janice opened the door and we stepped in, then that little blonde haired bundle of four year old energy came running when saw Uncle Jack. She leaped for me as I leaned over picking her up hugging her and giving her a kisses. I heard Janice speak to Diane saying 'Mr Burgess has been a god send for that child'.

We played a bit while I introduced Deborah to Diane, who had been hanging on the outskirts of our play. Things were going well with them and I left them to play together while I talked with Janice the director and explained what I was doing, she said she would help in anyway she could.

Chapter 10

Things went well and in two weeks we were moving little Deborah in with us. I had explained to Diane how I went to the home looking to see where and how my contribution would be used.

That is when I met little Debbie, she thought I was her daddy coming to get her. She had been there only four weeks, her and her parents had been in a terrible car wreck. She survived, they didn't, thank goodness for really good car seats. We locked eyes and I suppose I looked like her father to her, she began crying when she figured out I wasn't 'Daddy'. I spent the rest of that day with her and we connected deeply and I became Uncle Jack.

Diane signed the contract which was for only two years, that was done because two parents get preferential treatment over a single parent. I didn't want to miss, or take any, chances of Deborah slipping through my hands.

Now every April 1st Diane actually brings me the signed contract, she must have copies, along with two birthday cakes. One for me and one for Deborah, who I found out was also born on April 1st.

Diane found a job, one being a loving mother to a blonde haired blue eyed girl who resembled Diane very closely. The other working the data bases at the museums where I work. Diane was doing well now and could rise quickly in her field if she chose, but she kept signing those contracts.

We were sitting around snuggled up on the sofa watching Discovery channel, my fave, when Diane took my hand and spoke. Our nine year old daughter was spending a night with her friend.

"You know Jack, I thought you were a fool studying archeology. I didn't believe you would ever have, or amount, to much. Now look at where you are. I was the fool that day, not you." Diane.

12