All Comments on 'Why’d You Ever Have to Say Goodbye'

by orangecurious

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
des911des9113 months ago

This is a wonderful story - the characters are credible, relatable and fun to be with. They are also ordinary people, everyday people, like us. It is well written and nicely paced.

The first part of the story is enchanting as their love begins. You perfectly capture the attraction, excitement, anxiety, silliness, fun and laughter. It was a pleasure to read. The second part, as the relationship develops, continues with great dialogue and repartee, but I found the sex scenes overly long and repetitive. Realistic, maybe, but could be shortened, I think. You signposted the possibilities but the ending was a surprise - I wasn't ready for that. It made a big impact on me. Well done and thank you.

PS If you are looking for a writing challenge, a sequel would be interesting. Maybe Lisa's view from a few years later...

orangecuriousorangecurious3 months agoAuthor

Thanks Des.

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

Fuck! What a msgnificent opus. This has taken the genre to another level. Thank you.

orangecuriousorangecurious3 months agoAuthor

Thanks Peapod... that's quite a comment!

Barkinbeast2010Barkinbeast20103 months ago

There’s many reactions, for me, reading Lit… turned on, annoyed, disappointed but 23 pages and I’m leaking tears. Not cool on a 57 yr old bloke - great story, characters snd true Lou heartbreaking. I’ve fought that darkness for years so I can relate but I hold on for those few who love me. Thanks for a great story

MalesubdkMalesubdk3 months ago

What a beautiful and sad story. I cried a little when I figured out what would happen and didn't want to read the ending. Thank you very much

orangecuriousorangecurious3 months agoAuthor

Thanks all. there were tears writing it too. I hold on too, Barkinbeast. I will admit I nearly didn't submit this, but glad i did now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userorangecurious@orangecurious
Hello Welcome to my world... or my mind... or whatever. I am starting to enjoy telling stories... this may mean some long tales here, or multiple chapters, but some characters (fictional or not) require more space. What they say is as important as what they do. If that hasn't ...