All Comments on 'Wildfire'

by Griscom

Sort by:
  • 187 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I understand the anger but even if there was a smidge of good person in him, he would have sent the ashes to his in-laws. And the story seemed to peter out at the end. You wrapped it up in one paragraph. More detail would have been nice.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 years ago
Loved it

None of the usual LW "I still loved her"

Piss on the skank. Oh! He did do that.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 2 years ago

Perfect story Gris. Put a big smile on my face.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 2 years ago

Griscom's dark view of life may not be for everyone, but it works with my twisted brain. No apologies, prisoners taken or quarter given. You can like hearts and flowers, but sometimes you crave swords and blood.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another story without a single likeable character.1*

SystemShockSystemShockabout 2 years ago

As much as I like a good BTB, I feel like this one's a bit out of whack as far as punishment fitting the crime goes. Not in that she ended up extra crispy; getting caught in a wildfire in a place you weren't supposed to be in the first place is just a possible consequence you accept when you decide to cheat. Or do anything scummy and underhanded, really. No, I feel that it was the husband's reaction that was a bit too over-the-top all things considered. Specifically dumping her ashes in a latrine in the middle of the woods, pissing on them and posting the video to Facebook.

That's the kind of shit that should be reserved for the truly evil creatures that lurk in the LW genre. The ones that threaten to ruin the lives of their spouses by taking their kids away and forcing them into poverty in a divorce. The ones who bring their boyfriends to the family home to physically intimidate their husbands. The ones who cheat for decades with no remorse, and convince their husbands to get a vasectomy, knowing damn well that none of the kids are his in the first place. They're the ones who deserve to be treated like human waste, because that's what they are. In comparison, Randi was just a bog-standard cheating wife. Her family was way worse than her.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

Wow. That was a dark story. To dump her ashes into an outhouse and then piss on them. What an image. I can not fault the writing or how he treated his in laws for covering for her. But the screaming at someone in a coma really seemed over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was inflammatory.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747about 2 years ago

Grissom this is a very interesting story, the kid would not remember mommy but Hank gets to work through his issues with the cheating Slut. Leaving her ashes in the cesspool was funny sick but so funny just picturing his actions in my mind You get 5****** from me keep up the great work.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 2 years ago

Maybe a little over the top with the wife. However, after the in-laws supported her cheating, I would hurt them by letting all their friends know they supported their daughter's cheating and destroying the marriage and how they are responsible for her death.

BehindbluisBehindbluisabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed it. Did her parents ever see the granddaughters again?

MightyheartMightyheartabout 2 years ago

A bit dry.

Not bad but a conversation between husband and wife before her death would have been good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Only change I'd make is the call with the cheating wife be through face time. And he takes screen shots of her and poorly crops it in with pictures of him and the kids smiling in Christmas sweaters. And he sends them to her parents every Christmas with a smart Alec line like "Our family won't be what it is today without you! Happy Holidays!"

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

lol a new seen trend these stories are either too extreme or very passive. this one fell into the extreme. sort of reads like shrink told u to write it out to let go of ur anger therapeutic type of story i didnt like it im thinking wanting someone to die so much they try to give them a heart attack is a lot greater than cheating. if those ppl were real i would feel very sorry for them. their mother was a cheat and their father is a manslaughter

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasabout 2 years ago

A few paragraphs of the grandparents pleading to see their grandchildren and him refusing would have added some punishment for the family for their support of her cheating. Otherwise, rather nicely done btb story, literally btb both in life and death. The latrine section was a nice touch.

LVGirlLVGirlabout 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. “Mindfulness goals” from the Apple Watch, “gateway cartoons” and the girls “soldiering through” at Disney. Thanks for the images.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

Some good ol’ dark humor to start the day. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very sad story.

She was a fool.

Her parents were deluded.

And he had no understanding.

Omart57Omart57about 2 years ago

Feel the burn! Good story, Gris!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hahahaha!!!

A discount on the cremation!

I almost peed myself. Gotta be the best single sentence I have EVER read on this site.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 2 years ago

Dark story with dark humour. Thank you.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 2 years ago

Considering the subject and the gruesomeness of the deaths, it was a funny story. "Mindfulness time", the interaction with the hospital, the in-laws, and "Tina Turner" made me smile. It also was refreshing to see a male lead not sobbing and getting drunk and pining his life away over his cheating wife.

The end seems rushed and flat. It let the air out of the rest of a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Goddamn!

Laughter really is the best medicine.

Just dropped that comment about how funny it was that he asked the funeral people if they were having a fire sale, and perused a few comments.

I can't believe it... People you don't seem to understand. It's COMEDY, you dopes. Alright, it's a loving wive's story, but how do you not get it? It's not 'dark'. It's not serious at all.

Damn, I think if I couldn't understand when a thing was humorous, I'd just shoot myself.

Remember 'Short Circuit'? You know... "Number 5 is alive"?

That's how Steve Guttenburg finally came to believe that Number 5 was actually intelligent, and self aware... he 'got' humour.

All you people who don't get that this was FUNNY, remind me of another film moment as well... Vern saying "There's one thing I don't understand... did Lardass have to pay to get into the contest?"

To all you people, all I can say is... Do you want fries with that?

Well done, Griscom, On an excellent Literal double-header Burn-TB.

avidfaavidfaabout 2 years ago
Fabulous

Hilarious, over-the-top, yet still somehow a touch of realism. Short, to the point, satisfying and funny. Shit happens, you deal with it, you move on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great! Very funny. I especially laughed over the lines:

"He called a local mortician and arranged to have her cremated. With her burns, Hank thought he should be able to get a discount, but they told him that they were still going to charge him the full price."

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to more stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Man! No wonder the world is so f***ed up right now. Too many people with too much hate and anger.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

Harsh. This was over the top even for here.

sem999sem999about 2 years ago

LOVE it .Great story.After all bullshit storys give wife free visitation, half money house etc ,finaly someone who say FY and die.Maybe for next one check childs DNA.

5 STARS

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

I gave this a five because of the mindfulness theme. But it was over the top in terms of his hateful reaction. There must have been something between them that caused them to get married and have a family. D

KayaknhKayaknhabout 2 years ago

Loved it.

When I got to " Bibbidi Bobbidi " I thought what the he'll is this gibberish? Then I read it out loud a d actually laughed out loud. The movie scene came rushing back. Don't know I'd such a boutique exists but I love reading it.

A d all the over the top responses were great. Us the humor.

Gggood job.

RobertaBobRobertaBobabout 2 years ago

"He called a local mortician and arranged to have her cremated. With her burns, Hank thought he should be able to get a discount, but they told him that they were still going to charge him the full price."

Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This guy is obviously a terrible dad. His daughters lost their mother and he helped kill her and then showed no compassion about the loss that they had suffered.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

That was one of the funniest stories I've read in a while. The dark humour was great.

Some of the standout lines were him asking for a discount for a cremation because she already had 3rd degree burns, and the kids soldiering through with princess makeovers.

-

I was expecting him to get together with Tina Turner, but your ending was way better. Using the "tragedy" of his wife's death to get laid with lots of very pretty young women was inspired. The wife must be rolling in her cinder-block cesspit!

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

That was a well told story, down to the ashes and urinating. No human deserves to have their remains treated in this way.

GriscomGriscomabout 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous, re: "Only change I'd make . . .," I like it! Next time maybe.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

Could have used more of a finish. What was the in-laws relationship with the kids? Could he have cut them off without hurting the kids? Where were HIS parents.

\

While hooking up with the lover's widow would be cliche, but maybe going on the cruise with one of the single women?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cold, very very cold. Needed more about there marriage and the why she did it. I don't say it is good or bad. Each one can form there own opinions. Good writing but just to cold for my taste. What will he tell her daughters when they are older and want to visit her grave.

vintageridervintageriderabout 2 years ago

2 stars. Was going to give a 4 until he disposed of her ashes and filmed it. That went way too far. That was not BTB, that was a psychotic episode of his. There is no appropriate revenge for a corpse. Payback to the guilty means nothing unless they are alive to feel the pain.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years ago

Had to give you a 4 star rating here for a good plot. A little dark and over the top but much better than much of the other drivel lately. Filming him dropping the remains in the latrine then posting it on facebook with an explanation was a nice gesture. I wondered at first why he made arrangements for her cremation. I would have told her parents since they supported her cheating they could do it. so the disposal made sense.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Interesting plot line, unique to this genre. While rushing a bit through it, I was able to feel the emotions he felt at the revelation and how he reacted. The story ending was rushed, but you already knew that - 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

“He called a local mortician and arranged to have her cremated. With her burns, Hank thought he should be able to get a discount”

IMHO, best comic relief line in months in any story in LW 😎

.

Story itself was OK. Hank seemed kind of blasé about learning that wifey cheated. That said, going nuclear on wifey and family was justified and enjoyable. Not sure how his 2 kids could have so blandly accepted Mommy’s demise, though.

.

Overall….4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"With her burns, Hank thought he should be able to get a discount, but they told him that they were still going to charge him the full price." I don't give out too many 5 star reviews... but that line alone, damn that's funny! Would've been great if he had went to Florida and dumped her ashes down her parent's toilet. After all it was cruel that he didn't return her to her a-hole family.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Brutal, and way over the top. Screaming at the dying spouse and wishing them to die? Dumping the remains into a public latrine? Does he plan to never let the kids know what actually happened to their mother? How will he explain his actions to the kids when they are old enough to ask questions? I get the REVENGE angle, but this is just too much, it makes him as much of a monster as her and her fucked up family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You have to be a really awful human being to write this kind of "fiction"... of such despicable treatment of fallen human beings. And no, I see no humor in it! Will definitely avoid your so called stories...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hank is a shit human being - petty, vindictive and transactional with his kids. Way to write an awful protagonist!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

Kinda gruesome.

But has a slice of reality too.

The way Northern California is burning up...

There must be someone out there who got burned while cheating on the spouse.

Though it is quite a dark story but thanks Griscom, at least it is not a disgusting cuck story.

I hate cuck stories.

flatcar44flatcar44about 2 years ago

Great line about the cremation discount.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I guess Lit doesn’t have any “standards” at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ha, good one!

You know some times the gods are smiling and looking out for you. If fate is determine grace you with a cheating wife that's hooking up with an old boyfriend that comes from money then it sure helps cushion the blow when you find out that both of them got burned like a couple of crispy over cooked kielbasa sausages that aren't expected to survive. No messy divorce. No being a part time dad with your kids living far away from you with their mother. Just a big fat insurance payout and widow status.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brutally good.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 2 years ago

The writing was good, but the story line was COLD! I can understand his initial reaction on learning of her betrayal. But to dump her ashes in a latrine, piss on them and then post it on social media. After spending the week with his kid's, his vitriol was not subsided enough to just send the ashes to her parents? I don't think he should worry too much about the feelings of the in-laws, but she was his kid's mother. What will he tell his kid's when they ask where their mom is buried or were her ashes are when they get old enough to start wondering? Would have been nice to delve into the when it started and the why she did what she did. Also were their signs he missed and why. Because I had these questions after reading your story, I only gave it 3 stars. It's just my perspective and you can ignore it or consider it, but I will try to follow your posting a little closer. Thanks

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 2 years ago

The "Little pitchers" reference earned an extra *. Unfortunately, it was already 5*.

There's a hole in daddy's arm where all the money goes.....

moreandmoremoreandmoreabout 2 years ago

5* Where do you come up with these things?

Gram1Gram1about 2 years ago

Sure to be a classic! Loved every bit of it. Especially the fitting and entirely apropos disposition of the ashes. The story was succinct. The honor droll and the satire cutting. More stories please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"With her burns, Hank thought he should be able to get a discount, but they told him that they were still going to charge him the full price"..that one alone was worth the reading !

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Well, that was dark. How about filling the urn that had held her ashes with ashes from the fire pit and sending that to Florida?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for the laugh!! I don't really see how others are saying over the top. The cheaters both got what they deserved, and will for sure not ever do it again.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Come on man. This was just a well written, darkly humorous, tongue-in-cheek, literal burn the bitch twice, and bastard too. You have to feel for the two little girls, but the cheating wife deserves no sympathy at all. Her conniving, lying snake pit of a family deserves no further part in the girl’s lives. They forfeited that when they helped kill the mother. Great story.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 2 years ago

Awesome! Echoing others here, but the best line is asking for a discount on the cremation! Still laughing about that!

Thank you, Griscom!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Is it not abuse of a corpse if they are cremated? Wouldn’t want my kids to see that video someday.

Thanks for not having him say he still loved her.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

He was certainly an eloquent fellow.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatabout 2 years ago

Literally a BTB story. 5/5

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 years ago

That was fun.

Pity about the cruise.

Wonder if he bought the Bermuda shorts.

Top ratings from me.

MellowJoeMellowJoeabout 2 years ago

> He called a local mortician and arranged to have her cremated. With her burns, Hank thought he should be able to get a discount, but they told him that they were still going to charge him the full price.

I laughed at this. Does this make me a bad person?

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 2 years ago

Nice. He didn't have to go through getting revenge. He never had to even see her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That is fucking dark humor. It’s got some funny bits. But it’s not erotic at all so I gave it 1 star.

JH4FunJH4Funabout 2 years ago
Can't Stop LOL. 4 stars

I can't stop laughing out loud. Tragedy sometime is Karma anyone who has dealt long term with life understands some of these things.

Having had friends with houses in this recent Colorado fire something like this is not far fetched. Karma did play a great deal in burning up the area there.

Your story was well written and a pleasure to read with a sense of humor only us active and former military people enjoy publicly.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Dark, but oddly enjoyable. Not the type of thing I generally go for, but this one rubbed me the right way for some reason.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

Humorously dark or darkly humorous. Can't decide. Well done. 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love it! Especially flushing her ashes down the park latrine. Not enough black humor on Literotica unfortunately.

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 2 years ago

All of the Burn but not much in the way of explanation! 2* for too simplistic and too focused on the burn actually the over the top yelling into the phone burn. Perhaps I scored this too high?

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 years ago
Interesting

But he couldn't really take it out on the boyfriend a shame

notredame43notredame43about 2 years ago

Good story and mattenw I disagree she got EXACTLY what she deserved were this real and not a fictional story

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 years ago

Had its moments, bordered in satire ( loved the line about getting a discount on cremation,that is a classic). If someone has 3rd degree burns on 80% of their body they are odds on a dead person, get above 50 to 60 % and it is a miracle if they survive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Hunka Hunka Burning Love?

If not burned in the fire the whore would have eventually burned her husband and daughters in the divorce. Of course it was a farcical story, and well done. Too bad you left out the groveling whore's parents when they apply to see their grand children. You realize whatever estate the parents would have left to their whore daughter now goes to her children? That would be the price of ever seeing the grand children again, an irrevocable trust granting the children their full portion of the inheritance their mother would have gotten. That would be hot.

crazycujocrazycujoabout 2 years ago
Loved it!

A BTB doubleheader and a lot of dark humor! Can't ask for more! Thanks!

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Very funny, thanks for this one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For once, a story with no rancid virtue signaling, no "counselors", no blubbering husband, no pointless angst about 'why', just a raw true to life reaction to betrayal. This was hilarious: "With her burns, Hank thought he should be able to get a discount," The SNAGs here will clutch their pearls and fall on their fainting couches, but this was a very refreshing break from the saccharine drivel that usually shows up. And, for the idiots, a PSA: "No actual wife's ashes were placed in a latrine and urinated on."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This man must be an idiot, why would you film yourself doing that to your wife's ashes and post it on Facebook? The kids will end up seeing it and then you wouldn't just be a widow but also childless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

FAN bloody tastic, your dark sense of humour a breath of fresh air in the spa of cheating spouses and happy ever-after vows of lies.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 2 years ago

One of the most realistic stories on this site. All the bleeding hearts can kiss his ass. He was a terrible dad, hummm I guess his wife must have been a saint. No, at least her family can hope her ashes doesn’t clog the septic tank. 5 stars are enough for this masterpiece.

jimjam69jimjam69about 2 years ago

I thought it was perfect. He never had to bother with the cheating bitch again and he got paid for her demise.

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus0198about 2 years ago

Got to love a happy ending, the only thing missing was a big healthy dump on the ashes as well.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

Lots of bad emotions combined with a righteous anger. In this case, the story shortness was a plus. Don't want to linger in those feelings.

Well done. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

To those who stated the father's over the top reaction was humor - no it was not. This man is sick - imagine years from now when his daughters might view the video of him pissing on their mother's ashes or remember his rant on the phone to a dying woman. This story is nothing more than another sick, voyeuristic piece of crap aimed at the misogynistic knuckle-draggers who have ruined LW. Time to create a new Literotica category for the btb crowd.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 2 years ago

I don't agree with the other comments. 6 stars; It deserves at least that much. The Bear approves. She cheated- end of story. It's called payback karma- the Bear loves it.

The BEAR

TonyspencerTonyspencerabout 2 years ago

Well, I enjoyed it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

@Anonymous Re: In-laws and ashes. NORMALLY I'd agree with you, or at least split the ashes with them, but they enabled her cheating, so deserved no consideration.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Four stars. Pretty dark.

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderabout 2 years ago

Hilarious, loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Always odd that the men in these stories don't seem to love their wives but see them as just errant possessions. The man is a sociopath.

juanviejojuanviejoabout 2 years ago

I liked it, especially his final disposal of her ashes. Torch the bitch forever!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Many stories are entertaining but way over the top and could or would never happen. This however could possibly happen but I’ve never heard of a real story of husband or wife who was supposed to be somewhere else but got hurt or died in another state fucking their lover. . I’m sure it’s happened but never heard about it

CriosCriosabout 2 years ago

Hilarious! Short step from love to hate, abetted by a little bit of flame.

Frenchy47manFrenchy47manabout 2 years ago

Dumping the ashes in the latrine is SO GOOD.

Way to go. Good story.

rdcyclistrdcyclistabout 2 years ago

A little too much exposition. A good first draft.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 2 years ago

The crack about getting a discount on the cremation expenses was hilarious. Worth the whole story as a setup.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGriscom@Griscom
Just speaking my truth fictionally while I march to my own kazoo band. For those unhappy with the contents of any story I have submitted, full refunds are available in the lobby after the show. And please note that some of my most enjoyable writing, and some of the stuff tha...