All Comments on 'WildLife'

by Lia Monde

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Interesting story,

But poorly researched. The author has obviously never witnessed the mating of bison. A bison penis is not massive. It is, in fact, long and skinny and tapers to a small point. They do not "hump wildly". Any movement observed is only the male feeling around with his penis trying to locate his target. Once located, he makes one long exaggerated thrust, ejaculates, and separates from the cow. It is all over in a flash. A simple You Tube search for Bison Mating will verify this. ***

HamsterHamsteralmost 9 years ago
What a Buzz Kill

Anonymous is letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Just because a bison's penis is not particularly large in relation to the animal's over all size does not preclude a description of "massive". It is certainly "massive" when doing a mental comparison between a human and a bison. And this whole story was about the mental part of watching the animals rut.

cdonchuknow1cdonchuknow1almost 9 years ago
Who cares

It was a good story. I agree, not the best research but still a good out in nature tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Speaking of research

There are NO Ponderosa pines in Yellowstone. The predominant trees are Lodgepole Pine, (80%) the rest are sorted by elevation and micro climates into blue spruce, Engelmann spruce, Douglas fir, and subalpine fir and the only deciduous tree, the aspens.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous