Winding Creek Pt. 08 - Enactment

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Reverend Stouts had made it a point to go see Joe n Joel Tinker far across the road that went to and then through Winding Creek. He'd seen the buck board earlier where it were startin' to announce it's holdin's of death in the slow warmin' breeze. He'd seen the two men leave town with Lucas Blake n then walk a fair-sized piece of land some three hundred yards south of the church and away from town.

It wasn't much later the man and his son returnet with the ripe smellin' buckboard. After watchin' them put three men to rest, he took up his bible n solemnly walked down the road to where the men were diggin' a fourth grave.

"It's a sad duty you two men are performing."

Joe Tinker stopped, steppt out of the three-foot-deep hole n extendet his hand.

"Good Mornin' Reverend."

His son Joel greeted the Reverand with a smile before replacin' his father to deepen the graves depth a bit.

"Not a duty Reverand. It's a job. Nothin' more n nothin' less. My son here were offeret the job as undertaker if he wants it. Lucas will be sendin' 'im to Independence if he takes it. He has a friend there that'll make sure Joel spends sum time with a man ben doin' it fer years. Won't be an everyday thing, but it gives the boy a chance to make a little silver every now n then. Have his own business if you will."

Reverand Stouts just nodded his head.

"The Lord does move in mysterious ways."

"That he does Reverand, that he does... You ben envited to the five o'clock meetin' Sir?"

"I have other duties my friend. First, I'll say some words over these poor souls when you n Joel are finished, then I think I'll visit the Blake Ranch. I haven't seen their women in a while. I think I'll ride out there to see Mrs. Blake n her sister, the widow Seasons."

Joe Tinker nodded 'is head in understandin'.

"If you'd like Reverend, I kin fetch your horse."

Ben Stouts inhaled deeply, then slow removed his long black coat. Rollin' up his sleeves, he took the fresh sharpened spade from Joe Tinkers hands.

"If you're kind enough to do that, I'll help Joel here finish up."...

-------------------------------------------------------- 0 ----------------------------------------------------------

Judge Horace Pickett was a little pissed n truth be told, more than a bit nervous. After the drugged pleasures he had the night before last, the hard truth had slow swallowed him up. He'd stolen the charms of Miss Debra Ann.

There'd be no explanations. Lucas Blake would kill him slow at the very least for violatin' his 'adopted' mother. His best hope, if it were found out, that Luis Tee would know first and kill him quick.

Gretchen promised him she wouldn't say anything if he helped her destroy Lucas in some way or the other. But then he'd have to worry about Smoke Garcia. He'd heard what happened to Sheriff Rivers; scalped and cut up. When the subject came up, Lucas had just shrugged his shoulders. The tales he'd heard last night confirmed what little doubt he may have had. Lucas was killing anyone who had any part of the attempt on his life. Horace Pickett's one saving grace was he was no place near Winding Creek in the week of Lucas's return.

Still... He felt like a dead man walking. He slept well as he could in Irish Mikes old room. The feather bed was better then most others he'd slept in, including those in the east. But nice as it was, he'd gotten little sleep. He even refused the company of a young pretty whore Jabob Russell had sent as an apology for not letting him in the hotel to see Lucas.

The towns new arrival had made it plain Lucas was not to be disturbed for any reason: None. When he saw the displeasure in Pickett's eyes, he suggested Irish Mike's room. Far as Pickett knew, Jacob had spent the entire night in the hotel lobby.

He maybe wasn't Smoke Garcia, but he'd learned at the only other saloon in Winding Creek what had happened n why he was called here.

The evenin' before in less than a blink of an eye there were three men shot n killed. Less than ten seconds later another fell n then Irish Mike died by Lucas Blake's own hand.

The special letter he still held meant nothing now. His life wasn't worth spit if anyone heard what he'd done. That little minx he enjoyed so much had out foxed him. She held all the cards and if Debra Ann ever remembered one little thing...

------------------------------------------------------------ 0 --------------------------------------------------------

Sally Tart had a restless night after a very long day. Unlike the night before with Jacob Russell, she had time to think on the new future she were now facing. It was near the same thoughts of wondering as so many years ago when her folks sent her off to teach school at some far-off church. The traveling minister had told them about the need in McMaster and they quickly accepted the eight dollar a month, room n board position for her. In a family of nine, one less mouth to feed n the few dollars were a blessing and made good sense.

Other then the small church, the only other building was the large McMaster Trading Post n saloon. The so-called town had eight families scattered about, mostly farmers. She had a place to stay inside the church behind the stone fireplace, though mostly she'd stay at one or another farm that made room for her. She'd spend several days teaching their many children before returning to her home in the church and then to another farm.

It was at the church she'd met Isacc Silver, a salesman/wholesaler from the east.

She'd been hanging the few clothes she wasn't wearing to dry when the tall, blue-eyed man walked the short distance from the McMasters Trading Post to say hello. The young schoolteacher was taken aback by the clean, well-mannered man that spoke so clearly to her that day. Obviously, a man of means and education, just a few days later she agreed to steal away with him in his large, covered wagon. He promised to marry her when they got back to 'civilization'.

And so they were...

Isaac were a talkative man, telling her stories of his upbringing n the many different places he'd lived as they traveled the long, difficult miles together. He explained how the fur business was slowing... How beaver was near trapped out and buffalo hides were difficult and dangerous to collect for resale from the 'indigenous people'. The many other furs: fox, raccoon, muskrat n mink were still in demand, but the growing manufacturing boom pretty much made their need to the rich n well off, mostly in the east.

At night, after she changed into her nightshirt, he'd ask her to read to him by the lite of their small coal oil lantern. Like the single chair lashed to the side of the wagon, the lantern was not used for much else. He'd often stand behind her and brush her long, scarlet hair. He'd set it one direction n then look at her for the longest time before brushing it in another way and looking again. He loved her hair, always kissing it as he ran the brush through it. Isaac preferred it loose around her face n shoulders and frown when she had to tie it back to do whatever chore that might needed to be done.

Sometimes he'd sit in front of her layin' his head in 'er lap as she read to him. He'd run his fingers over her thigh and along her calf, sometimes touchin' her feet and toes before gently exploring deep between her legs. Since their second night together he insisted she wear the knee-high Indian made moccasins and some leather slippers he traded a hard steel knife for. She'd change to the leather slippers when they camped. He didn't want her to be barefooted. Ever... Except when they shared intimate times.

Whenever they set camp near water, he asked her to take a bath as he watched, then run his fingers n hands over her for a bit before drying her off. He would use whatever fur he'd chosen and gently dry most every inch of her body. Of the many different things he did, she liked that the most. She felt like the princess in the fairy tales she'd often read and reread when she were growing up.

And when they did make love, he was always gentle. He'd explore her milk white skin each time like it was the first. His lips tasted every nook, cranny and hollow, often lingering on her breasts and bright pink nipples.

He would bring feelings to her body that she'd seldom felt before. Kinda like the trembling she felt when she was just a girl clinging to her older sister in fear as the lighting lit up the sky and the roll of thunder rattled their small cabin; then feeling safe and warm in her arms.

When they stopped at what turned out to be the last trading post, they emptied the wagon of the last steel tools, rolls of wrapped tite fabric and the rest of the coffee n sugar. Isaac asked Piper n his wife if they could stay in their barn a day or two before their long return trip to St. Croix. The older couple, her thin face smiling and the long-haired Piper himself helping to reload the goods Isaac had traded for, agreed.

It was after a fine dinner of black bear and boiled vegetables that the newlyweds settled in the barn. Sally, now Mrs. Silver, loved the thought of sleeping inside protected from the weather and in a place that reminded her of home. The quiet sounds of a cow and several horses felt familiar after Piper had corralled them n put the cow in the far stall. The varied smells brought back so many fond memories...

Isaac had set the chair near a fresh straw filled stall and laid out several furs over the horsehair blankets that Piper had supplied. After he lit their small lantern and hung it outside the stalls end, the darkness inside the barn turned black outside the yellow lights warm glow.

Mrs. Silver felt the safest she had in a long time. As she settled into her chair, the leather-bound book of poetry in her lap, she shuddered as Isaac began brushing her hair from behind as they faced toward the slow burning lantern. His strokes were longer than usual, starting near her forehead and drawing a bit deeper through her red mane. When he kissed her hair, the kisses were longer yet fewer as their well-practiced routine quickened a bit. It wasn't long before his fingers were tugging at the four buttons at the top of the pale green night shit. Slipping the cotton off her shoulders, his mouth began exploring her soft skin.

She sensed the urgency in his damp, near cool hands as he pushed the thin material off her shoulders, lowering it to expose her breasts. His hands covered each one as he rolled and tugged at their tips, making the swollen pink buds tighten and grow longer.

She had barely gotten to the third poem before his hands began pushing her only covering past her hips as she raised them up to allow her to be free of the garment letting it fall around her leather slippers. For the next several minutes his hands wandered over her exposed skin almost as he was drying her body without a small fur. His fingers glided up her sides, along the inside of her arms as he lifted her hands far above her head.

"K-keep your hands there Darlin'."

Again, his mouth moved, slowly up the inside of her raised arm, his fingers still toying with her breasts. She sighed, the long breath filling the black that surrounded them. When she tried to turn her face to kiss him: he leaned away. It was then, through lust filled emerald eyes she thought she saw movement near the outside of the yellow circle of light. She gasped, quickly lowering her arms to cover herself and pushing her hips back into the chair away from the movement.

"Shhhhh... Lift your hands."

She searched the darkness. His warm breath tugged at her ear. She slowly straightened back into the chair. His hands once again exposed her to the darkness as he lifted her hands to her shoulders and then behind her neck. His hand slid lower to her rising and slow falling breast as he moved to her side.

"That's my girl."

Again, the soft kisses, the slow-moving hand became two. One lightly stroking the side of her ribs under her raised arms, the other trailing down between her thighs. She slowly parted the so very soft, pale flesh. His hand searched. His fingers finding. Her gasp now one of desire touched with the still lingering fear.

He spread her delicate, damp sex to the warm air around them. She opened her thighs wider. He kissed her tummy, his fingers lightly stroking the hard little knot above her exposed moist opening.

The young wife moved her bottom forward like she had done so often during their travels, lifting her feet and curling her toes over on the rung below the chairs edge then dropping her knees toward its sides. Isaac's breath was quicker now as he held her swollen folds wide and fanned his fingers over the hard, near white extended knot.

"Y-you like this don't ya Darlin."

"Y-yes..."

"Come on Sal... Cum for me."

And she did. Stomach bearing down on her hips, toes curled tight as she lifted up her hips to get more of his fingers.

"I-Isaac...."

He plunged two of his fingers deep into the young straining woman.

"OH GAAWWDDDDD...."

The newly married wife didn't hear the soft, low groan from the darkness. Piper's knees near buckled as he emptied his sperm filled balls onto the hard packed ground. He struggled to stay quiet as the beautiful red headed wife rolled her head and drove her hips into her husband's hand. Still holdin' his leakin' pecker tite, he moved back n away from the lurid scene he just witnessed in the yellow light. Strugglin' to keep quiet, he lingeret a bit, hoping the bought n paid for show weren't over...

*

Mrs. Sally Silver was more than pleased when they arrived at Isaac's and now, her home. The fine house had wood floors and several rugs in the bedroom. She could see the St. Croix River from the back two windows and the fast-growing town from the front two. There were more folks about then the young schoolteacher had ever seen before.

Her husband was well respected in St. Paul, even though the fur trade was starting to dwindle. She'd agreed that Issac had to find other means for them to stay here in the city. She loved the older man and the things they did on what he fondly called their honeymoon. A she looked down at his smiling face as she read to him, she swore she'd never go back to what had been...

*

Sally lingered around the Nail after the late-night n early mornin' she'd spent with Jacob Russell. He had her twice, longer and in more positions than she'd been used to since leaving her husband.

Durin' the day she watched through one of the two wide windows as men came n went from the shuttered doors in front of the Nail. She'd heard the many heart felt greetings given to Lucas Blake. (some more than once.)

He'd disappeared for some time before returnin' to the Nail n askin' if she'd join him in the eatery. He had coffee while she enjoyed some of Helga's better cookin'. She had ham, fresh sour dough biscuits n gravy. Sally knew the older woman had made it for Lucas... It was very, very good.

She'd taken note of Lucas and his tired green eyes. She'd never seen the man close up until the evening before. He was near as handsome as she heard with his sandy colored, longish hair n wide shoulders. He'd towered above her when he helped her into her seat this very afternoon. He was pleasant with her, thankin' her for all she'd done the evenin' before.

"Miss Tart..."

She took a chance n covered his forearm above his coffee cup with her hand.

"Sally please."

She smiled her best smile. Lucas soft smilet back.

"I've invited most of the business owners to the Nail 'bout five. I'd see it as favor if you set out maybe half dozen of that fancy bottled liquor Mike had in his room, then serve it up after I finish what I have to say."

Lucas saw the questionin' in her eyes.

"You'll not be whorin' Sally. I want you to serve the men their liquor n listen quiet to what their sayin'. Jacob will be sittin' the doors to the hotel n then the lobby for the rest of night."

"I-Ican do that."

The handsome man smiled.

"I know you can Sally. I was jist askin' is all."

She felt like a lady again as her cheeks filled with color.

"I heard tell you got a special green dress that no one's seen you much in... In fact you look right pretty in it. I'd like you to wear that"

She wondered what else this man knew as she slow nodded in agreement.

"After they finish with their talkin' and you know their movin' to wahooin' n such, you'll stop serving, sort the bar a bit n leave. You'll need a good nights rest. I'll be callin' on you first thing in the morning. I believe we mite have a lot to say to one n other."

She eased back into her chair, her emerald, green eyes holdin' his.

He chuckled.

"For the record young lady, I am a happily married man."

Those were his last words to her yesterday which brought her thoughts to the light tappin' at her door. She didn't put on her robe, just cracked the door in her light-colored sleep shirt. Lucas was standin' well away from the door against the white painted rail.

"The Judge arrived late last evenin'. I'd like a word before I have to get my day started."

She opened the door a bit more to make sure he saw more of her and the smile she offered in reply.

"Ten minutes?"

Lucas Blake just smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------- 0 ----------------------------------------------------------

Horace Pickett rollt outta bed with the best plan he could think of through his near sleepless night. After washing up a bit, he shaved n sorted his dark blue vest to wear with his usual white shirt, long black coat n trousers. He wiped off his boots best as he could having no boot black handy. Checking himself in one the three the long mirrors scattered around the bed, he stepped out to face a very dangerous day.

"Mornin' Judge."

Lucas was standin' at the bar, a steamin' cup of coffee close n the best lookin' whore the Nail had ever had to offer standin' across it from him.

"Good Moring Lucas... Sally."

"Pick us out a table Horace. I'm near done with Miss Tart here."

The older man chose a table close to the door of the fresh smell of coffee n breakfast cooking. The German cook Mike had found somewhere was there before he settled, coffee pot in one hand n cup in the other.

"What you want fore breakfast Mr. Judge?"

"Just coffee for now."

"Mr. Blake, he already eat. I make special eggs for Miss Sally. Would you like that too maybe."

Hunger was the last thing on Judge Pickett's mind. He waved the round-faced woman off. He was fixed on Lucas n the whore some ten feet away as he tried to enjoy his first cup of java for the day. 'Miss Tart'. What the hell was going on. He watched as Lucas shook the whores hand n rose as the much younger man neared. The two shook hands n settled at the table. Sally Tart delivered Luke's coffee n took her own with her as she passed into the eatery. The Judge was more than surprised that that woman was taking a table in the eatery.

"I'm sorry about last night Judge. Jacob was askt to let me get my rest. It's been a long couple of days."

"So I've heard Lucas. You want tell me what's going on?"

"I wanted to tell you what I had planned when you got here this time. Like Charles Taylor always used to say, 'make sure your right then get it done.'

The Judge nodded his head. Lucas hadn't repeated the phrase the way Charles had always said it... N he said it often. Things were fallin' into place, just to damn soon. He still wanted a bit more time.

"I'm not sure just how you want to handle it Horace. We have to have a hearing on what happened Tuesday night. Public of course. I hope we can avoid a trial, but if that's what you recommend or the town demands it, we'll have to do it. Then there's the deed transfer and McCarthy dying intestate... How the surviving owner partner will take ownership of the hotel, bar and eatery. Somewhere in there I'd like you to make public the fact that I know the law n would make a fine barrister. I can't seem to find the letter of introduction from Taylor and Sons."