Winding Creek Pt. 08 - Enactment

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The boy held the dapple-grey steady as Jacob held his hand out to the matriarch of the Blake family dressed in mourning. He were pleased that another boy had run to Tiffany Ann n held out a nervous hand. The smile he received from the woman colored the boy's cheeks.

The new white shirted Mr. Russell man escorted both ladies into the Rusty Nail. Two men were quick to rise n offer the ladies their chair. Judge Pickett stopped the man seated in front of n to his left from speakin', allowing the ladies to settle before askin' the witness to continue.

"...It was just like Miss Tart n the others said who saw it. When the room settled a bit, Irish Mike had a knife n startin' t'ward Mr. Blake..."

Debra Ann focused her attention on Judge Horace Pickett. The older man knew, saw it in her eyes. Maybe it was guilt on his part, maybe not. He picked up his gavel rapping the top of the brought in desk hard three times.

"I have heard enough. If there is one man that saw things different then we have heard over the past five-and one-half hours, he needs to step up now."

The Judge searched the crowd, cautiously avoiding J.D.s widow's pale blue eyes.

"Ask Mr. Blake to join us now if you will Mr. Tinker."

Judge Horace Pickett busied himself with some of the many papers he had spread out in front of him, sorting and stacking. As Lucas Blake strode through the door that Joe Tinker held open for him from the hotel lobby, the Judge took his quill n dipped into the glass bottle of ink and made a few notes. The tall handsome man took his place center n in front of Jude Horace Pickett, hat in hand, his brushed long coat over the hot ironed white linen shirt Helga had readied for him.

"Mr. Blake...."

The Judge inhaled deeply.

"... I can see no reason to continue with this inquest. As your words so eloquently pointed out this morning, you did what any man would have under the same circumstances. As you quoted chapter and verse from the laws governing this territory and hopefully in the near future, state... I can find no reason to even consider wasting this courts time or yours Sir, with any sort of trial. I applaud your efforts to see justice done in this matter. I do not believe that anyone would go through the pains you have to see justice be done properly..."

The room rippled with low words n a smatterin' of hands clappin'. The gavel fell hard several times again.

"... I have not finished yet."

The long time Judge cleared his throat allowing the room to settle.

"I have taken the liberty of contacting Taylor and Sons, Sir. In response to my query, Mr. Charles Taylor has sent me this parchment with a personal note to myself that I will keep private. Simply stated, it reads that Mr. Lucas Blake has completed two years of service with his Law and Accounting practice... That he has Taylor and Sons full confidence... And as I was privileged to see this very morning, I more than agree. You Sir, have the ability to act as a Barrister, Prosecuting Attorney or any other Practitioner of Law... And it is indeed my great pleasure to add my own voice to these facts as stated by Taylor and Sons."

The gavel fell once more.

"This court of inquiry is adjourned!"