Witch of the Wild Woods Ch. 03

Story Info
Lane & Luna play revealing games while camping on the beach.
2.5k words
4.28
6.9k
2

Part 4 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/03/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

May 21 - Thursday

Half a dozen rough patches of roadside accidents had extended their eleven-hour trip to fourteen, but it would be well worth the wait. Typical for any Southern Californian to complain about traffic, it was damn near impossible to do so considering the view ahead. For the last hour or so, Lane and Luna climbed north on the 101 Freeway along the shore past Eureka. There, looking over the cool blue waters of the West Coast, the sun irradiated their surroundings in a magnificent golden glow. Salty air, fresh pine, and the crashing waves were enough to rid anyone of even the deepest of anxieties.

Admittedly most of Lane's anxiety stemmed from the rumors Becca had been spreading about what Lane had supposedly been doing with his sister. The truth was they'd been doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. But, Lane sighed, the speed and staying power of truth was nothing compared to salacious gossip. As the tired sun continued to melt into the ocean, Lane forced the days of worrying about Becca to set as well.

There were more immediate concerns for Lane to occupy himself with. It would be dark soon. They'd need to make camp. They'd need to cook dinner. After all that, they'd have to haul everything out of the Jeep and cram it into a Wildlife Locker so deer, elk, or bears didn't harras them in the middle of the night. Of course 'they' would likely be Lane unless he woke his sister up. Luna had fallen asleep after driving past San Francisco, lightly snoring in the passenger seat for the last few hours.

Lane was grateful for the peace and quiet. He needed the time to think, to forget. Becca's roots still plunged deep in his heart, his mind, and his nerves. It would take time and distance to remove the hold she had on Lane. Fortunately, he'd put in quite a bit of distance for one day. It was now only a matter of time. But, how long?

--

Luna didn't come around until Lane had set camp and nearly concluded cooking dinner. She rubbed her sleepy jade eyes. She couldn't see the shore, but judging by the sound of the waves, they must have made camped less than a quarter mile from the ocean. Opening the door, Luna's bare feet sank into the soft sand. She pushed her toes through the fading warmth of the earth and exhaled in joie de vivre. Prompted by a sudden shiver, Luna walked from their Jeep and gravitated toward the campfire.

Lane looked up from the grill, "Look who's awake. How you feeling, Ursa-Minor?"

Luna grumbled, "I could have helped set up camp. You should have woke me up."

Easing the frying pan back over the fire, he agreed, "I should have, but you looked peaceful. Didn't want to disturb you."

About an arm's length away from her brother, she reached out and lightly clasped his shoulder, "Well, you remember how peaceful I was 'cause I'm going to be awake all night long thanks to that five and a half hour nap you let me take."

Lane kept his attention on his cooking; "Great. You can keep watch and make sure we don't get mauled by wildlife in the middle of the night."

A flash of fear sprang up on Luna's face as her gentle hand resting on Lane's shoulder turned into a death grip, "What wildlife?" Lane tried to shake her loose, but Luna continued to wrap her limbs around her brother like a boa-constrictor. "We talking snakes? There's no snakes here, right? Lane? Say, 'no to snakes,' right now!"

Lane was about to drop the skillet in the fire, "No snakes. Just bacon-wrapped dogs."

Instantly, Luna unwound herself from Lane and took a seat in the nearest canvas chair, "I'm a fan of bacon." With a huff, she added. "Hate snakes. Love bacon."

Lane readjusted himself and the grill, "Of course you do. Grab a plate and dig in."

--

After they'd eaten their fill, Luna lent her brother a hand in loading anything with even the faintest scent into the Wildlife Locker. Since they were both ten, their mom had taken them up to Yosemite National Park annually. In Curry Village, Lane remembered the tape that played on a loop in the visitor center; bears breaking into cars, stealing food, and running off into the night. The last thing Lane wanted to worry about was waking up in the morning to find Yogi had destroyed their Jeep over a stray stick of gum.

That was a lie. The last thing Lane wanted to ever worry about was Becca. Nearly two years invested in a relationship he was sure would be his last. They may not have been in- well, that word people used and meant when they said it. That wasn't them. Similar interests, similar majors, feverish physical chemistry; Becca and Lane were a perfect couple on paper at least. Try as he might, however, his willpower alone couldn't create a bond where none was meant to exist.

Considering the failure of his will, Lane was suddenly struck over the head with a pink fuzzy pillow. Without turning to face his attacker, Lane asked, "Don't suppose you ever give a second thought about where you went wrong in life?"

Luna tapped her index finger to her lips, "I imagine that would be difficult for me to do considering I'm always right. So, sorry, can't say I can help you with your existential crisis, Bro-Bro Cop. How about you turn your brain off instead and come inside?"

It sounded like a question, but Lane found himself pulled by the wrist and dragged into their tent. Tripping over the entrance flap, Lane tumbled over onto the air-mattress in the center of the tent. Big enough for a family of four, Lane had been willed their mother's Susie Sport four-man tent. It was a bit on the heavy side, but it felt like walking into the Tardis; much roomier on the inside than it appeared.

Luna dove after her brother onto the air mattress. He felt himself bounce up slightly in opposition to her downward force beside him. She was giggling. Wide awake. Not a care in the world as per usual. Lane was envious. What he wouldn't give to drop all his cares and run into the wild. It seemed the weight of the world wasn't nearly as burdensome to Luna as it had been to Lane. Even after their parents left them, Luna seemed to shrug it all off as easy as Atlas.

Another thwack of the pink fuzzy pillow broke Lane's concentration. Luna righted herself up into a cross-legged position in front of Lane. Once again, her loose silk pajama shorts exposed Luna's cotton boy-shorts riddled with stars. From behind her back, she presented a familiar white box and set it in between herself and Lane.

With a smile, Lane asked, "Oh, so what you're saying without saying anything at all is you'd like to taste defeat before you go to sleep?"

Luna shook her head. Her dark bangs fell down into her face revealing only a mischievous grin curling up at the corner of her cheeks, "I don't know what this 'Sleep' is of which you speak, but you're not going anywhere until I've tasted your surrender."

The game within the brick-sized white cardboard box was 'Unstable Unicorns'; an utterly ridiculous card game with the simple goal of collecting your own or stealing unicorns from your opponent. Simple premise. Deviously fun strategy game. Lane reached for the box, but Luna pulled it back. Raising a finger in the air, she blew her bangs out her face and declared, "We shall duel for the highest stakes, as per tradition."

Lane raised an eyebrow, "What tradition?"

Breaking her mock-formal character, Luna leaned forward with a more American Accent, "The tradition we'll be starting tonight," leaning back and regaining her regal French Cadence, she continued, "For every unicorn placed in your own stable, or stolen from another player, the opposition must withdraw an article of clothing."

Shaking his head, Lane protested, "Luna, honestly I'm really not in the mood for-"

WHACK! The pink fuzzy pillow struck again.

Luna reprimanded her brother, "Lane, we're on vacation. We're on a lovely beach, on vacation, hundreds of miles away from your ex-girlfriend. I hereby decree, starting this instant that you are to enjoy yourself and have some stupid, naked fun with your sister. Do I make myself perfectly clear?"

Lane was about to object, but as Luna readied the pink pillow for another attack, he relented, "Fine, but..." A devious grin appearing upon his face, "Once fully nude, the loser must run into the ocean."

Lane folded his arms and leaned back as if he'd raised the stakes higher than Luna could match them. Unsurprisingly, she easily cleared the bar with a dismissive, "Fine. You deal lest there be any whining about a rigging deck."

Removing the cards from the box, Lane grumbled, "But you DO rig the deck."

Luna smiled. Of course, she rigged the deck.

--

Both Luna and Lane huddled under their sleeping bags. The score was tied, six to six. It was match point. Lane occasionally shivered in his boxer briefs but ignored the cold. He desperately studied his sister's hand. Even reduced to her constellation covered boy-shorts Luna was steady as a rock. Lane could physically see goosebumps covering her bare brown skin, but her concentration was unbreakable.

Luna delicately drew her card. Her eyes and face gave nothing away as to what was coming next. Without another word, Luna neatly laid down the cards in her hand face down. Cupping her breasts, Luna gently massaged warmth back into her chest as she calmly offered, "I'm all set. Your turn."

Lane grimaced, "You're not going to make a move?" He was too far into the game to be distracted by Luna's nimble but callused hands caressing herself. What was Luna's play?

Luna shrugged.

Lane looked over his cards. Nothing in his hand could immediately win him the game. Carefully, he drew from the deck. His eyes watched for any change in Luna's expression. Her round strawberry lips never quivered. Nothing gave away what trick was hidden up her sleeves despite not having sleeves, nor anything else for that matter. Almost completely nude, one point away from victory and Luna was as stoic a sphinx.

"Well?" Luna spoke slowly, almost in a whisper. Her lips articulating and tongue moving just so to be both demeaning and unsettlingly seductive.

Lane scanned his card. It wasn't helpful, but, maybe if he were lucky... of course. He placed the card down on the air-mattress, Lane scoffed, "I'll play 'Tiny Stable', you're stable is now reduced to three unicorns-" Luna smirked. "No. No wait! I take it back!"

Luna shook her head, "Nope. No take backs. I will play my "Neigh, Bitch!" card. You can go ahead and remove that trash 'Downgrade Card" from my stable. Thanks." Luna quickly drew her card from the deck, laughed maniacally, and froze. Superior poker face.

Slapping the "Queen Bee Unicorn" in her stable, Luna threw off her sleeping bag and shouted triumphantly, "The game is mine, along with your boxers. Hand 'em over."

With a low growl, Lane stood to his feet and extended his hand, "Good game. I still think you're a cheat, somehow, but good game."

Luna shook her brother's hand, nodded, and dropped to her knees. In one swift motion, she pulled down her brother's boxer shorts. Caught off guard, Lane instinctively reached down to pull up his briefs. With a calculated push, Luna shover her brother back onto the air mattress. Still holding on to his boxers, Luna was able to swiftly tug them clear from under Lane's ankles.

Rising to her feet, Luna casually tossed the briefs over her shoulder. She watched as Lane covered himself back up with the sleeping bag. Rolling her eyes, Luna insisted, "A bet is a bet. You're going for a swim before you're going to sleep."

Lane huffed, "Fine! At least throw me a towel before we get out there."

Luna folded her arms, "You'll get your towel after you get wet and naked."

Trying to remain calm, Lane attempted to reason, "Luna, I'm not walking from the tent to the ocean in the buff. It's freezing out there. Just hand me a towel."

Extending her hand out to Lane, Luna persisted, "It's only sixty degrees, wimp. Besides, you'll be running your ass out to the ocean. Now stand up. I want to see you."

Those last words caught lane off guard. They were softer, sincere. Sweet. Luna wanted to see him. He was wanted. Before the words could sink in, however, Lane shook them off. He may have been defeated, but he would maintain his honor. Accepting her hand, Lane allowed Luna to pull him up from the air mattress. Fully exposed, face to face with his sister, Lane shifted his weight unsure how to stand.

Luna looked him over and raised an eyebrow, "Well? Get going!" Lane hesitated, but his sister assured him, "I'll be right behind you." She gave Lane a soft slap on the ass.

Screaming inside, Lane bounded over the tent flap and sprinted full tilt toward the sound of the waves. His bare feet pounded the sand. Ocean air filled his lungs. As his eyes adjusted to the starlit sky, with only a sliver of the moon over the peaceful waters, Lane ran. Naked in the dark, Lane's feet plodded over and eventually sank into wet-sand until a sudden jolt of frigid water sent a shock through his body. Lane didn't turn back.

Arms out front, Lane dove head first into the cool depths. He'd never been skinny dipping before. To be nude and fully engulfed in water was intoxicating: liberating.

Pushing off from the bottom, Lane broke the surface and gasped for air. He waded back to shore until he stood about waist deep. Adrenaline sustained him, kept him warm, but Lane knew it wouldn't last forever. In this moment, stripped of everything that had held him back, he looked out upon the water and could no longer feel the anchor of his past or even immediate relationship holding him down. He was Zen.

Just as quickly as the moment came, another wave reminded Lane how unbearably cold the ocean was this far north. Over the crashing waves onto the shore, he could also hear a sharp whistle. Luna stood just at the edge of where the water met the land, holding open a towel. She spoke up over the surf, "I'm satisfied with your defeat. Now get out of there before you catch your death of cold."

Hurriedly, Lane waded through the water and into Luna's open arms and waiting towel. His sister wrapped the fuzzy terrycloth around him, folding Lane in her arms. There they remained, bare, under the stars in each other's unbreakable grasp. They embraced each other and the peacefulness of the beach. In the worst possible darkness, they would always have each other.

Brushing her lips against Lane's ear, Luna whispered; "Come. it's past time we slept."