All Comments on 'Without Trust You Have Nothing'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 134 Comments
Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Good story! 5*****

I was on the fence about him forgiving her, but the continuing flirtation and then the lumber salesman moving in 6 months after the end of therapy made it clear that her dedication to the relationship was weak. If she was truly repentant, she would have remained faithful to prove her regret and convince him she could rededicate to the marriage. Then the end was just plain fun. Good job!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
No

No gray, just black or white. That's something I agree with completely. Trent wasn't her first, she just got caught. Emily was a whore too. Another great story.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
The urge to forgive...

...is usually severely crippled by the sordid details. A fun and amusing story. Thanks

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Wow!

The lead Guy Noah definitely has anger issues... (Please Check out Darth Vader attending anger management classes on You Tube)...I enjoyed the show 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago
Re: anon

"But Noah was the loser."

Haha! That's the funniest thing I've read in weeks!

He dumped a cheating slut of a wife with no regrets after she whored herself out for daddy's business. Marsha was an overweight, saggy, middle-aged bitch and he traded her in for a procession of tight nubile co-eds living out their naughty fantasies.

After months of being balls-deep in smoking-hot teenagers, he fell in love with and married the decade-younger sexy counsellor. She's living out her dream of "seducing the handsome professor", giving him the best sex he's had in years.

He got payback on the father-in-law's business, wrecked his sister-in-law's marriage, destroyed the lover, and left his unfaithful wife devastated and heartbroken. He even managed to salvage the relationship with his kids and they've accepted his younger second wife.

Noah basically won in every way possible!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
There is always nuance in my opinion but cheating has a very narrow window

Carrying on an affair for 6 months, getting pregnant and having an abortion... yeah, not sure i could get over that one either.

I suppose i could handle a single instance but the wife would need to fess up immediately and act with complete contrition. Anything else and we are over

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 4 years ago
Forgiveness...

... should never be given if the transgression is still happening. The proof of the flirtation shows that she never thought what she did was wrong - she never said she was sorry for the affair, just sorry she was caught. Her continued actions speak louder than her spoken lies.

5/5

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 4 years ago
Black and White

Too many losers are trying to convince society that right and wrong are just different shades of gray. Forgiveness does NOT mean he has to stay in that relationship; he can forgive what she's done to him and the family, but he cannot forget.

The trust is gone, the marriage is dead. She can't change her behavior even when she knows she's being watched and divorce hangs in the balance. She's a proven liar, flirt, and cheater. She and her sister have loose morals, little shame, and no integrity.

Great story. Thanks for posting.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
One paragraph put the husband . . . .

. . . in the same category as his wife, the one in which he fucked the young coed not thinking about her, but just about revenge against his wife.

How, I have to ask, does a no grey area professor ever survive? His colleagues would not support him academically, so he’d never get tenure. That was a major weak spot in the plot.

There was one interesting point you mentioned but dropped. The hardware store lost business, but the people who lost their jobs weren’t the offenders, but the innocent employees.

arobkarobkover 4 years ago
Doctor of Philosophy.

He didn't have a PhD in philosophy. PhD stands for Doctor of Philosophy. His is in History.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
I enjoyed this story.

Moving beyond betrayal sounds easy for the betrayer, but the person suffering trust issues has a tough time of it. It's hard to be married to a person you do not trust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story...

...someday maybe his kids will understand his side after they develop relationships of their own. 5 stars. Thanx...

Loklie

ctdansctdansover 4 years ago
why not tell all?

Kids sounded old enough to know the full truth. Why not tell of the abortion so they really know how bad the mother was?

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
Loved the story!

moreandmore

I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. I particularly liked your portrayal of Noah. But I would not have described him as small minded. I really think you do him a disservice. He is simply a person of principles, and is willing to live by them. To me that is a sign of inner strength.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not a bad story , but no winners here just heartbreak.

Sandra a flirt who crossed the line. The abortion and lies killed their marriage. How the children wanted Noah to forgive her is not good thinking on their part. The pastor and his sermons now where did that come from making the family and business evil. As we know in today’s world most of us could care less. Most evangelicals support Trump a liter,cheater, thief, who’s only god is money. So go figure this world today. As our democracy is under fire and 40% of the population is in his orbit.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Entertaining.

Thanks!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
what I don't get are the kids

they're fine with mom making so called mistakes that often concern cheating or your not the baby daddy issues. But mom is to be forgiven, while dad is the destroyer of the family if he moves on.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
"Every time a coed flashes me"

Every time? Im waiting for the first time, since Pam gave me a long wonderful panty shot that day in freshman homeroom, forty five years ago. It still makes me smile.

Nice story. 5*

jasonnhjasonnhover 4 years ago

Any time the cheater tells you that YOU should just get over it, you KNOW they are not taking it seriously enough to not repeat the cheating in the future.

I really like that when confronting his kids he doesn't get all weepy. It's sad when you have a disagreement that separates you from your kids but when they demand that YOU have to sacrifice your principles to satisfy THEM, you are on a very bad path.

I enjoyed how the author carefully built a case not only against his wife but also her whole family who seem to share her loose morals to the point of making it part of their business plan. Each time that Noah took an action against them you can feel he was justified.

I love the twist that his therapist has the perfect sexual kink, a professor fetish, to fit with him. He also perfectly uses student incidents to fuel their sex life.

I like that he stands by his clearly stated beliefs despite enormous pressure and that his life doesn't collapse because of his holding true to his reasonable beliefs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
bottom line is this...

his ex wife had ALL the signs of only being sorry she got caught, not sorry that it had happened.

she was: still flirting, had an enabling family, tried to MINIMIZE the damage she had caused with him, tried to do public image control elsewhere, and didn't offer a single change nor concession. all of those are crimson red flags.

she most likely cheated on him with multiple men. if she didn't, she at the very least saw nothing wrong with cheating. she does not respect her husband in the slightest. she doesn't realize marriages are WORK, she coasts off his love and affections as a default setting. So she's spoiled and entitled on top of everything else.

she should have stopped working where she is employed. publicly screamed at her family for enabling her. accepted any disappointment from her own children. offered huge concession or punishments for her fuck ups. and for fucks sake, the LEAST she could do is not to MINIMIZE her cheating. that's why she has an ex husband now.

part of me wants to call the husband uncompromising, but that would be impossible. his ex wife gave zero fucks about making it work. she wanted total submission from him, for him to blindly sweep her fuck up under the rug and pretend it never happened. that's not a relationship, that's emotional blackmail.

now she has very little respect from the community, her selfish family holds some resentment for her getting caught. no man is going to love her like her ex did, so she'll always be comparing her new lovers to him and coming up very short. because she only held a committed relationship together with lies. without the lies, all she has to offer is a good time. and with two children already, she has very little to offer a man seeking commitment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Gave you 5

Just to piss off the wankers that thougbt hubby was wrong for chucking an adulterous wife out.

fred324afred324aover 4 years ago
fun!

"Sandra, Emily, looks like you've both been eating well." - lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well done

Sold on the facts and not the feelings. Actions have consequences.

imhaplessimhaplessover 4 years ago
I liked it

Fun read. 5*

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 4 years ago
Fucking the hot professor is even better than fucking the marriage counselor

At least in my experience...

KRD19254KRD19254over 4 years ago

I expected Noah to state in a session his axiom of constant suspicion of her continued infidelity, when she came home late or took any trips, creating rot in his heart ultimately killing what love was left. He proved it to himself with all the pictures he got AFTER the serving with continued flirting/tempt other men in the store pictures.

***

The killer to me is her having an abortion without discussing it with him seeking concurrence - the child 'could' have been his. I'm quite sure she had her tubes tied at the same time - which again is a major couples decision not to be taken lightly or in solo. Can he ever trust her again with such disrespect - think not?

***

Remember her own father discovered her affair/abortion giving Noah the facts/evidence. Since the father did not take a hard stance against her action we can see where her values came from. The father-in-law expected 'forgiveness' by Noah. The lack of her father directly confronting Sarah/Emily only enabled them to keep these corrupt values/behavior. Indicating to Noah there would be no behavior help from his father-in-law.

***

There is no forgiveness for this type of blatant disrespect towards Noah. It appears that Noah has lost his parenting battle to instill monogamy values into his children - time will tell. But the kids siding/living with mom is a clear indicator.

***

I had expected Marsh's 'college flash' to have been at Professor Noah during a class on 'professional ethics' where she discovered his unadulterated firm black/white positions. Hence she stopped the flash moving to the back of the class room while still lusting for the Prof.

***

Very good, 4.9*. Hooyah, salute.

RandomcarrotRandomcarrotover 4 years ago
Really surprised how many people is siding with the wife.

Like did we even read the same story? There was no repentance on the side of the wife, no actions taken to show she had taken proactive steps to change what caused her to cheat for months and even got pregnant. What, is she the good guy because the husband is mean to her and she cries? I wonder if there was a short paragraph about the husband crying himself to sleep one night they'd be on his side instead.

Reconciliation has to be earned or it means nothing and the wife did nothing to earn one except feel sorry for herself. So therefore she should get none and be burned for her sins. At the counseling sessions she continues to walk out every time she feels bad or guilty for what she's done instead of confront her own faults head on. She makes excuses instead of apologizing to her husband.

She never took responsibility for her own actions, pre or post divorce. Some might say neither did he but he wasn't the one that caused the mess in the first place. If you break something it's on you to fix it, and she didn't.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 4 years ago
5 Stars

I gave you a 5 because you did a good job of writing your chosen story. I don’t know if this reflected your beliefs or was just a story you happened to dream up; either is possible, even though many readers seem to think we are always recounting personal beliefs or experiences.

Personally I think a character who reflected the beliefs you espouse in your story is a very troubled man. But what the heck—they abound out here in real life—and in the comments pages here on LIT.

Just a word to the many readers who encourage Hubby’s actions; the day will come when EVERY ONE of us will stand before a Judge and this judge had a lot to say about forgiveness—not the least of which is something like ‘we should ask him to ‘forgive me as I have forgiven others.’ Oh yeah! Don’t forget the old, “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.”

Judging from the comments to this story, I have to say a lot of our readers surely walk on water…and it’s good to see their number includes at least one dyed in the wool democrat.

Imoverit41Imoverit41over 4 years ago
Sucks to be her!

Six month affair which also included an abortion? We can get past this... Let me think! Nope! Nothing insensitive or over the top in his response. I liked it! I liked it alot! Thanks!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 4 years ago
I Generally Enjoyed the Story

But because we were never really privy to the motivations for Sandra cheating, the story fell a bit flat. Otherwise nice job.

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 4 years ago
Good Story

I liked it very much, really enjoyed it. Loved the title of the story. Everything else as been said in the comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just out of curiosity

I see so much vitriol over Sandra’s abortion.

Let’s say she had the wisdom to confess and beg forgiveness, giving birth to another man’s child would have been accepted?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I do and don't understand not telling the children

But after their uncle left their aunt, I would think they had questions galore. Yet no one told them mommy killed their little bro or sis. Strange and cost a star.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 4 years ago
Good story

In response to the Carolina Dreamer comment - he should indeed forgive her, but the divorce was appropriate as he could indeed never ever trust her again. The wife never did take responsibility for her actions.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
That was a good story

I don't think Noah was narrow minded, I think he was forthright, knew his own mind and could not tolerate liars and cheats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Made me laugh

Good work. 5*

meucimeuciover 4 years ago

I was really glad that the husband stuck to his guns and got the divorce. It seems like maybe the father in law pimped out his daughters to salesman to get lower prices to me. I really enjoyed this story it was very simple and very effective at the same time, when it comes to fidelity in a marriage there is no gray area or do overs.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Re: Wow

"The wife is better off without him."

Tell that to the wife that keeps hoping the man that now hates her guts would take her sorry ass back.

Just like Sandra, you're pathetic.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Re: Pretty funny stuff.

Ending up calling Noah a loser is revisionist history at his best.

Let's remember that Sandra did NOT only cheated; she got impregnated during her affair, end up aborting the child (who may or may not have been her husband's), and hide it / lied about it for years.

I'm a very 'gray zone' kind of guy myself, but there's certain moments where being COMPLETELY UNCOMPROMISING makes all the sense in the world. And this is definitely one of them.

He was indeed clueless. Which is why he walked away from a worthless slut of a wife. He hasn't lost his children (sure, they live with their mother, but they obviously still have a relationship with their father, otherwise he wouldn't be aware of their feelings towards Marsha) or his standing in the community - that's just wishful thinking on your part. Sure, he lost half of his assets, but big deal - didn't your parents ever taught you that money cannot buy you happiness and/or self-respect? He obviously welcomed the pastor's sermons - why would he be viewed as 'part of the problem' when he was the direct victim of said problem? If anything, the whole community showed, by doing less and less business with Morgan Hardware, to be siding with HIM! There's no such thing as being 'guilty by association' for having the bad luck of marrying a cheating spouse. And, as long as him sleeping with co-eds had no bearing with the grades he was giving, who cares about what gossipers may whispers? Plus, as you seems to have forgotten: all of his sleeping around with students is in the past. Reminder: Noah is A MARRIED MAN WHO DOESN'T CHEAT.

Bottom line: if all of this makes this MC a loser, in your book, I honestly have no interest in knowing what you may view as a winner. Your logical thinking is too faulty to be taken the least bit seriously.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
People never cease to disappoint me...

Standard story expected by an author like moreandmore - which, in other words, means 'really good stuffs!'

What actually sadden me, with his latest effort, is the bizarre reactions and comments left in it by what I can only describe as some 'Soy Boy'-level readers.

Honestly, and apologies for my bluntness, but, if you feel the least bit sorry for Sandra here, and feel antipathy toward how Noah reacted to learning about her betrayal... you're defective. There's genuinely something terribly wrong with you.

Quick recap: five years ago, wife had a 6 months-long affair that MAY have resulted with her getting pregnant by her beau (could have been the husband's kid...), ending up with her having an abortion and her REPETITIVELY LYING to her husband to cover it up (funny how so many people seems to have forgot about the constant lies...); since it turns out she was an awful liar who only got away with it for so long, because of the undeserved trust her spouse had for her, the husband in question eventually caught her in one of those awful lies, and started to investigate what really happened, finally finding out the awful truth about his wife's past behavior; upon learning about his discovery, the wife, instead of showing true, genuine remorse for her actions, was only sorry that he discovered said actions, repetitively demanding that he just forget about it; worst, not only didn't she change her behavior at work, which was probably the cataclysm of her adultery, she also turned THEIR OWN CHILDREN against him, using them as weapon to force her husband to bow down and resume their relationship...

Yet this is the woman you want to defend? This is who you think Noah is not good enough for? This is the hill you want to plant your flag on top of, built by a thoroughly untrustworthy woman that would have spend the rest of her life lying to her husband, if she could haven gotten away with it? And, on top of that, you're unhappy about the MC being angry at her!? If you cannot be angry about your spouse making a complete mockery of your marriage, WHAT EXACTLY CAN YOU BE ANGRY ABOUT!?

As I said: you guys are defective. And a bunch of hypocrites, to boot

How high is the level of hypocrisy displayed by the defective bunch? The same people calling Noah 'a loser' for his reaction here would be the first ones cheering on Sandra, if it was him who was hiding a six months affair with a co-ed that resulted with her having an abortion. Don't even bother denying it - we all know your type...

Bottom line: I like the story just fine, but man didn't some of the comments it generate triggered me! I hate replying to other users' opinions, but I couldn't help myself here - how they saw this whole tale was so opposite to what actually happened in it, it's as if they read something else entirely. Contrary to popular belief, I don't mind reconciliation in LW, but it always had to be earn, to, at a bare minimum, seek... Nothing at all like that happened here - Sandra didn't want reconciliation, just blind acceptance. That's FUBAR, and, if you agree with such a stance, then you're FUBAR too.

Man, some of you sad muppets are even worst than willing cuckolds - at least, that's what those cretins asked for! Geezus...

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago
Re: anon

"You believe there are smoking hot nubile teens out there waiting to have sex with fat, old ugly guys.."

I didn't write the story, dumbass. From page 2: "It wasn't long before I had a young naked lady in my bed."

So yeah, young women do get infatuated with their teachers... it happens all the time. When my wife was 18, her best friend had a big crush on their 35-year-old geography teacher. It's a well-known fact that authority figures are attractive to women.

As for the rest... Is your cock-cage too tight?

Squeal cum-slurping cuck... squeal!

ibbunkibbunkover 4 years ago

Good story overall, but at some point the "oh woe is me" turns into "wa wa wa" if continued too long. Thanks for your work.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 4 years ago
WACKDOODLE OFF HIS MEDS AGAIN

What's most telling about whackdoodle ridiculous comments is that he doesn't post a single negative comment about anything that the wife has done

5 years ago the wife had a 6 months-long affair... NOT a 1 night stand

The wife got pregnant... and the father Might be the husband or the salesman

The wife had an abortion... that the salesman knew as about but the husband did not

The wife may have Killed the husbands fetus/ baby

Then there were the massive lies....

MOST IMPORTANTLY... while the affair may have been 5 years ago from the husbands perspective the affair only happened a few months ago.

Even if the wife is telling the truth that there's been nothing since that 6 month affair... the husband only recently found out about it so he is still living with fresh pain even though from the wife's perspective it was 5 years ago

tellmeagoodstorytellmeagoodstoryover 4 years ago
Ditto

What Harryin Va said.

What MightHorney said

Good story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

darthdaxdarthdaxover 4 years ago
Fuck the naysayers!

I liked it. Why? Because it entertained me. Was it completely believable? Mmmm more so so than a huge white whale going around biting legs off I'd say. But that entertained me also. Did I like every part of it? Well no beloved canine got shot at the end of it, thats a plus. But I enjoyed it. We don't have to like or agree with everything we read to be entertained by it. I'm just glad there are people out there who write em so I can read em. Whether I'm happy or extremly pissed off at the end, I was entertained.

THANKS FOR WRITING Sir M&M!!!

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

PhD is just a degree level you attain with post grad studies. It can be in any field.

Philosophy is the fallback for people who cannot actually see other sides. They get a theory and that is that, so your character, if indeed has a PhD in Philosophy is well suited.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Liked It

I like the way this author writes. He cuts through the nebulous BS and the mindless chit-chat and gets to the heart of the story very succinctly. And I enjoyed this story very much. Thanks, moreandmore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Since when does cheating have an expiry limit?

The ex wife must be totally nuts to expect any sensible husband to forgive and forget cheating. Be it 5 day, 5 weeks or, as in this case, 5 years. Lying and an abortion? Mr. Phd did exactly the right thing. All such stories should follow the same course.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Enjoyed it

Black and white, wrong or right fits my life philosophy. Sarah's betrayal was too much to come back from.

Davidj001Davidj001over 4 years ago
Liked it!

Liked it a lot!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
so of these comments are so stupid

a woman wouldn't use getting a building permit as an excuse. Oh really, how about I'm getting my hair washed and coming home with the same hair. Women think men are stupid because most are like your comment. Underestimating a female's plots are why so many men are raising someone else kids.

mattenwmattenwover 4 years ago
Bravo!

A really good story! Convincingly told! The characters are understandable! And the end is unusual but still better than a BTB!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ignore the haters

Those hateful anon comments read like they are left by jealous authors. Too bad literotica.com doesn't print the iP address of the commentor so we can see who these spineless creatures are

fifteen16fifteen16about 4 years ago
Strange

I remember a conversation many years past, i say conversation but mainly i listened and he talked. He discovered his wife was having affair, that's discreet language for shagging her boss for about a month. He had long drawn out discussions with her about the why and all that.Now i was getting the ear bashing,but what was eventually revealed was two points. One of course her having sex with another was hurtful but what upset him more was the deceit and the lies. Interesting i thought. Good yarn.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed this one also, you are very talented and can come up with some interesting variations on the cheating genre. Well done here.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 4 years ago
Excellent.

Good plot, good humor.

And using the classic pussy flash

was icing on the cake.

Top ratings from me.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
AGREE!!!

One and DONE concerning cheating. Glad the whore got some Karma. Kids are sometimes blind and dumb,,,

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
Pretty good

He maintained his stance without being holier than though. Good one!

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Nuclear Option

Should have told the kids about the abortion.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 4 years ago
My LA wife

Calls them beaver shots.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

After Noah asked his father in law about running a whorehoue, he should have followed up by asking whether his wife taught his daughters about abortion. Then he should have told his kids about the abortion. The talk about trust should have been after explaining that he could never be sure whether it was the only affair, the only affair ending with abortion, or even whether she might have aborted babies he fathered without telling him.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
THOSE CHOOSINGS GET HARDER TO OVERCOME

especially those that don't interfere with his mind sets. TK U MLJ LV NV

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

A clean cut story. He was absolutely right.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@ReedRichards Re: "One paragraph put the husband . . . ." - He was divorced, and made no promises to the co-ed, how does that put him in the same category as his ex-wife?

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
Reed R has lost his fucking mind

How do you compare his to he's slut EX-wife? She cheated and he had a one night stand after his divorce.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. Trust me, this is a great story. One of M&M's best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Guy is an asshole

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Interesting

Having an affair was one thing, having an abortion was really a deal breaker, no way could you stay married, should have told the whole town about the unborn child.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
The situation?

Total clusterfuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 stars. But agree told all about abortion

Enjoyed

TRUST foundation of marriage

Gone how regain?!?

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
5 Stars.

One of the best M&M offerings.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Good one, made me grin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Oh "YES" professor!

I wonder how many times that line has been spoken. Entertaining story.

awyldsideawyldsideabout 3 years ago

I don’t think she was burned enough

Good story though

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

True Sandra deserves to be charred to a well done. Still 5 stars for me.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

A very nice story. I could have saw them getting back together even with him being (rightfully) stubborn if she actually expressed remorse rather then the standard "it was a mistake" and if she managed to change her behavior. However the story wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable if they reconciled. 5 star story.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

A great read. Maybe a bit over-the-top in his punishment of Sandra, but still a good yarn. 5 stars.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - I like this BTB story.

The wife got exactly what she deserved and so did all the 'enablers'. There really is no grey area around infidelity/cheating - either you did it, or you did not - there is no 'maybe'. What about STD's? The abortion especially did it for me - she killed a baby (or babies) purely for the convenience of her infidelity/cheating lifestyle. She should have gotten her tubes tied, or a complete hysterectomy - BEFORE she started cheating.

EzrollinEzrollinover 2 years ago

Maybe if this had happened when they were dating he could have forgiven, but wedding vows were broken and trust betrayed. Was this the only time and could it happen again? This wasn't a one time thing but an ongoing affair. I can well understand his reluctance to forgive.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

With so many great M&M stories, how do you pick a favorite? This one is close for me.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 2 years ago

All during the counseling there was no mention of the abortion?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'll never understand how "It's in the past" is supposed to absolve or excuse the adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yeah. He married a Narcissist bitch, who’s cheating was enabled by her family. The fact she had no remorse for anything, even the abortion, shows there was no way back. Narcissists always are looking for a new “ supply”. If they are female, most likely they use sex to try to control, a whole string of men. The only way to “ fix” a narcissist relationship, is get out of it, while you can. That’s what he did. 5 stars.

JH4FunJH4Funalmost 2 years ago
Loved the story (5 Stars)

I my opinion, we know what those are like, it's to bad the world is not just black and white in making dissensions. It would be so much easier in life.

However, your story was a great way to tell it. I have given a few of your stories 5 Stars and few 1 Star. But I am glad you keep on writing despite what we read give as Stars or comments. You have a good handle on telling stories your way. I like that.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Never ever let anyone talk you out of your relationship deal breakers. Cheating, definitely a relationship deal breaker. Cheating and getting pregnant from your affair partner and than having an abortion...mega relationship deal breaker. As another commentator pointed out there's no statue of limitations for cheating as a relationship deal breaker.

Forgiveness is overrated. There are only two types of people who consistently promulgate the importance of forgiveness: abusers and their codependents. The concept of forgiveness is a recurring theme in any abusive relationship, and necessarily so, because without extensive value being placed upon that concept there wouldn’t be an abusive relationship. Taking back a cheater is like let a man-eating bear hang around long enough to eat another one of your children after they already eaten one. You know what they do, you’ve seen what they are, and you don’t let them do it anymore. Don't let yourself be lulled lulled into a state of in-activeness with hypnotic platitudes about forgiveness and how we’re all kinda fucked up and we all make mistakes and we’re all the same is just another psychologically abusive manipulation performed by the abusers and their codependents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done! Someone mentioned the abortion, and or were there more than one. Also, was DNA taken to determine if any of them were Noah's? Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My only comment is that this is a case where the infidelity and abortion should have been mentioned to the kids, to make them see the true heinousness of the wife. That was, after all, their sibling.

fredbrownfredbrownover 1 year ago

Don't like the story, don't like Noah! Having had 3 wives I've learned it's better to bend a little because if you don't bend - you break.

In the end, a man like Noah ends up a bitter, broken old loner with no contact with his kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When his children get engaged, he should tell their intended about how they don’t think infidelity is a big deal.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was a different sort of cheating wife story than the usual LW template. Why weren't the kids told about how long the affair lasted? Or why they weren't told about the abortion? That was their sibling she had killed, just so she could keep up her cheating lifestyle. It might have also changed how the kids looked at their mom. Why wasn't the abortion brought up at the counseling meetings? His ex-wife might not have known he knew about it, and that was another reason for him not giving an inch on the divorce.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

Love this one, way to go professor

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story of a real dickhead.

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

The abortion was a deal breaker for me, nothing after that mattered. She was HISTORY. I had a hard time liking Noah. His rigidity got on my nerves. His kids will see her for what she is eventually, when they grow up.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Without trust..................Is a wife a cheater going to bars without her husband even though she doesn't fuck somebody? I think so. You here many of the stories here where the wife wants to date other men or spend the night or weekend with other men. Is that all fiction? Probably not.

The last talk I had with my wife of thirteen years went like this: Why? she: I just fell out of love. I just want to go out there and see what's there. But if it doesn't work out, can I come back? me: I didn't say a thing just got up and walked out the door. End of marriage, end of family. Good story, 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can't believe one of the anonymous feedback idiots called the husband a dickhead. Yeah what a terrible human being for deciding he wasn't going to lay down for this cheating slut and let her walk all over him. Maybe he wasn't a great dad since his kids were also both morons, unable to tell right from wrong. At worst you could say he was a bit harsh in his tone, but he needed to make his point and he did! Nicely done!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

This story brings to mind all those women I have known who seem able to relate to men only through flirtation. It's a game and I suspect their egos are too weak to have a real friend-based relationship with a man. A man needs to avoid those women like the plague.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on a good story . Keep up the good work

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...