All Comments on 'Wolvren Ch. 07'

by kaincpt

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hmm

Good story, however, your description of Dax sounds like a race fetish. You don’t need to keep bring up his skin tone to get the point across. And also him hating himself, his body and skin just has undertones of racism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Racism?

I do not see it as racism but a societal fact. Many of color are programmed to believe their differences are not unique and something to be celebrated but s source of pain at being ridiculed for being different. I will agree that the description in this story may have hints of overkill. It may not be necessary to remind us so often of his appearance, we get it. I can also understand the need for the many references....hopefully he will grow with the help of his mate. We all need each other in this life. Keep a writing. My question regards Keenan and his vocabulary that appears more street than educated. Black professionals are professional, IJS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Need more.

This has to be the best fantasy story I have ever read here. Waiting for the next one. Xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Dax's colour

I don't think it's racism per se; though I think the author may be using a reversal of blond/light/good vs dark/evil. The author several times shows dax as being alone/seperated/lonely with others somewhat fearful, size/dark/powerful, I think the black is used as a singularity marker. Also, though I would have to re-read (such a shame), I think all the references to black skin come from keean, who is himself mixed, and is fascinated by the gleaming of his lover's skin, also versus his own, a habit of many lovers.

MickyFox0MickyFox0over 3 years ago
One of the few

One of the few, tales that I have enjoyed. Never thought of it as race based, unless of course you count human, werewolves and wolves, etc. I could write here and nit pick, but I won't. Just because one of the heroes, happens to be marked by a wolf god. All I am wondering, is, are you going to finish this take?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I love it

It been a time since there was a decent story on this platform. 10 out of 10 author love your vision. I am super excited for the upcoming chapters

kaincptkaincptover 3 years agoAuthor
More on the way.

Hi readers.

I had to prioritise my dissertation and my husband (Daxs spitting image) and I bought a new house. Well at least I am now Dr. kaincpt. I will be uploading chapters 8 to 12 in the coming 2 weeks. My editor unfortunately had covid so I'm busy with that as well. Please treat each chapter as a scene build.

Additionally to the commenters who jump to use the word racist and have a problem with black, BBC, black skin imagery, I suggest you read something else. If the main characters were white, you wouldn't be posting such comments. The experiences of Dax is very similar to what my husband has experienced in the real world. I love him and will always honour that beautiful melanin soul.

To my followers, thank you for reading and enjoying my story. I have 2 other series in the pipeline and will be posting much longer chapters as well.

Take care and stay safe guys

Kain

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hi kaincpt,

I really like this story. I hope you find time to post the next chapters! Great work

TamtamanTamtamanalmost 3 years ago

It has been six months since you said you would be posting the other chapters. Will they be coming?

I would like to know so I can look out for them.

readerfeederreaderfeederalmost 3 years ago

hello, just read all seven chapters in one sitting - very impressed with the world-building. A lot of supernatural/werewolf stories can be quite derivative, but this alternate universe and lore you've created here is unique and compelling. Would be really disappointed if this story remained unfinished and unresolved, so I'm hoping the aforementioned future chapters are coming ... at some point!

g908114g908114over 2 years ago

I like your story. I hope it is completed sometime in the near future. Almost 2 years since this last chapter was posted :(

DickbrokemyheartDickbrokemyheart12 months ago

Almost started reading, but it`s not complete it turns out, some other time perhaps .

canndcannd9 months ago

I wish this one was complete. It had a lot of interesting stuff going on. What happened to fluffy?!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous