Women's Studies Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At the center of it, a massive Victorian style house overshadowed it all. It was three stories in some places, and two of the turrets reached up to a fourth. It appeared old, but impeccably cared for. A fountain with a woman holding two golden goblets in her outstretched hands spilled water into the basin right before the wide gray stone steps that rose up to the entrance.

Abigail and the other attendants seemed unphased by the grandeur, but Kennedy was in awe. She knew how wealthy the Lockwood's were, but knowing and seeing were different things entirely. This is just their summer home?

"Are you okay?" Skylar asked, startling her from her side. "You've not spoken the whole way here."

"Yes," Kennedy replied automatically. Then after thought, "No...I don't know."

Skylar only nodded as if it was what she expected before placing a hand gently on her shoulder and guiding Kennedy up those steps and inside the manor.

Inside was no less spectacular than outside. The polished hardwood floors of the wide entryway and the delicately carved wood paneling on the walls depicting birds and flowers stretched deep into the house. Small tables and display cases lining the hall held small statues or trinkets, all made with the finest metals or stone. The whole house appeared to be the same way. Turn after turn Skylar led her deeper and deeper into the house and then up a flight of stairs.

"All of the bedrooms are on the second floor," she explained. "The steps can be a hassle at times, but you should be used to it by now, what with that everyday climb back at Mayweather," she joked.

It was only a short walk from the staircase until Skylar opened a door, gesturing Kennedy inside. "These are your rooms," she said, striding into a small room with a few small tables and cushioned chairs. "This is your sitting room," she said casually, opening another door at the other end of the room and stepping through. "And this is your bedroom. You also have your own full bathroom and walk-in closet. Some of the clothes might not fit, but there should be enough for you to manage."

The room itself was nearly as large as their dorm suite back at Mayweather, had the walls separating the rooms from the common space been knocked down. On one side a massive four poster bed sat against the wall complete with two end tables, and on another a sofa. There was also a small table with two more cushioned chairs by the window facing the garden.

Skylar moved through the room with a nonchalant grace as if this sort of bedroom was nothing out of the ordinary...and in this house it probably wasn't. A quick glance at the bathroom and closet showed that no expense had been spared when they had been made.

Skylar turned on Kennedy, hands casually on her hips "If you need anything, all you have to do is ask and it will be seen to. You have free reign of the house and its amenities, but I would recommend not leaving the grounds at the time. If you must, I, or Owen if you prefer, can escort you."

"Do they all know?" Kennedy asked before she even realized what she was saying. "About Abigail and I. It wasn't like it was a secret around campus. We've been sleeping together. I've been sleeping with my sister," Kennedy sighed. It was a secret she wanted to keep, but Skylar already knew. She had walked in on all three of them in a tangle of naked bodies.

"Well, half-sister...if that helps," Skylar said, causing Kennedy to glare. She might not be ashamed of what her and Abigail had done, but it wasn't as if she wanted the whole world to know...or Mr. Lockwood. "Only Owen and myself. Your father does not, nor will he. Not from us anyway," she added. "Our jobs are only to make sure you are safe, not to report the details of your lives."

Sighing, Skylar leaned against one of the bedposts. "That wasn't even something we considered when we made the arrangements for you to go to the same school," she said with a small shake of her head. "The plan was for you two to have a chance to meet each other without being forced together. When I learned that it wasn't just you and Lexi, but all three of you mixing it up, it was too late to do anything to prevent it. The damage was already done. And I wasn't about to ask your father how I should go about stopping the sexual relationship between his daughters without exposing myself to the pair of you. He really loves you both, and I don't know what that revelation would have done to him."

"Don't call him that," Kennedy said flatly. "He loves her. I was just a mistake he feels guilty about."

"I'm sorry you feel that way about it," Skylar said a little sadly. "But he does love you."

Skylar, feeling Kennedy's mood, stood up straight and moved for the door.

"You know you could have told me, right...about all of this," Kennedy said before she could leave. "I thought we were friends. Maybe not the best of friends, but you could have told me."

"We are friends," Skylar turned her head to smile at her. "And that is why I didn't stop you from looking for your answers," she said. "You know, breaking into the Administration Building with your friends...or the three other times you went in without them." Skylar's grin widened as she pulled open the door to leave. "Get some rest Kennedy. It's been a very eventful day."

Kennedy sat on the edge of her bed, mouth wide in surprise as the door clicked shut. Skylar knew what we were doing the whole time? Kennedy shook off her shock quickly and looked around the lavish room. All of this extravagance was for one person, and she didn't have the first clue what to do with it. It took her another moment to realize she was sitting on the bed. She hadn't even remembered sitting down.

A yawn cracked her jaw unexpectedly, and she realized how right Skylar had been. This day certainly had been eventful, and she felt exhaustion rising over the swirl of questions and emotions that had her mind racing for the last several hours.

Kicking off her boots, Kennedy crawled farther up the bed. The thought of removing her jeans or top never crossed her mind as she pulled the rich comforter around her all the way to her eyes to block out the light. Skylar had kept their secrets. Maybe she is my friend, Kennedy thought as she slowly drifted off.

*** Lexi ***

It was lonely sleeping in our large makeshift bed alone. It had taken half the night just to find a way to fall asleep without Kennedy or Abigail beside me. I had tried to call them several times over the last two nights while I sat in my car, avoiding the prying eyes and questions, but both of their phones were turned off. There hadn't even been a text message from them when I woke.

I was worried about them, and about Mr. Lockwood...or George as he had insisted, but I was frustrated with the lack of information, and the empty bed. What was it going to be like when they finally came back? I doubted they would want to continue on as we had been, now that they knew they were sisters.

Sighing, I pulled myself from bed and set to get ready for my classes. As much as I wanted to wallow in bed all day, I couldn't. Kennedy's and Abigail's problems might be important, but I still had my own. I couldn't afford to go back on academic probation, and I definitely didn't want to give Decker any more ammunition. He was now a constant figure in my thoughts that not even the worry for my friends could blot out. I'd had another visit with him yesterday, and I was already on the books for another this afternoon. When my friends had been here, it had been easier to deal with, but not having them around made it worse somehow. I had nothing to look forward to while they were gone, and only my daily pilgrimage to Decker's Office of Humiliation to dread.

Looking through my closet, I considered wearing tight jeans and boots, anything at all that would be difficult to remove. Part of me wanted to make it as hard as possible for Decker to get what he wanted. The other part, the more rational part of me, knew that it wouldn't matter how hard it was to get out of my clothes, Decker would get what he wanted either way. Instead, I picked out a simple summer dress made from black and white slashes and a pair of flats.

I itched for my Louboutin heels. They would have looked amazing with this dress, but the last thing I wanted was for Decker to think that I was trying to dress sexy for him. As it was, I still thought this dress showed a bit too much cleavage. Well, whether he approved of my choice of attire or not was irrelevant. Whatever he demanded of me today, I would be able to get through it, and away from him as quickly as possible.

After a quick application of makeup, I snatched my purse and bookbag before charging out of my room in a preemptive move to forestall any questions from the nosy girls in our dorm.

I barely caught anything from any of my three classes. My phone still sat silent, waiting for word from Kennedy or Abigail. I knew I should be trying to figure a way out of my own mess, but forcing myself to think about my situation was less than appealing. Whispers from my classmates and darting glances followed me from class to class. Some tried to subtly dig for some scrap of gossip, but most saw my mood and thought better of it. The ones that did ask received short answers that left them shrugging away disappointed. There were even girls I had never spoken a word to before trying to be friendly in an innocent way, hoping to just get close enough so I would let something slip. Vultures.

Before I knew it, my day of classes was over and girls all around me were rising from their seats in the small auditorium and heading for the doors.

"Remember," Mrs. Holland called as they funneled themselves toward the exit. "Friday is the last day to turn in your papers for full credit."

None of the other girls stopped or even looked back as the professor called out her reminder. Slowly pulling myself to my feet, I picked up my bookbag and started down the steps. It seemed like I had only just sat down. I couldn't even remember what the lecture had been about. All I could think about was that I was due in Decker's office in fifteen minutes.

"Is everything all right, Miss Allen?" Professor Holland asked as I trudged down the last two steps in front of her desk and podium.

"What?" I asked before composing myself. "Oh, sorry. I'm fine." I put on a smile. "I was just thinking of something else."

"That was quite the paper you wrote," she continued with the hint of a smile. "I was worried about you at the beginning of the semester. Some girls burn themselves out quickly and never recover," she confided. "I'm glad to see that you are not one of those," she said, this time her smile was full and motherly. "See you again Friday?"

"Yes, Friday," I said, with a nod before turning to leave.

At least some small part of my life was going well. My grades had never been better, but I was wondering if I had ever felt worse. No matter how bad things were before, I always had two things, my friends, and that warm feeling I got from being my true self, being Lexi. Now my friends were gone, and that warm glow was being overshadowed by the gaping pit in my stomach caused by the things I found myself doing. It had been much easier to put on the brave face for Kennedy, but now that she wasn't here, I found it harder and harder to convince myself that my subservience to Decker was for a good cause. I had been ready to go down with the ship before; let Decker expel me. What had changed? Kennedy wasn't in danger anymore. So, what was I doing?

Lost in my own thoughts, I didn't even hear my name being called. It wasn't until a man darted in front of me that I stopped.

"Danny!" I exclaimed, unable to keep the shock from my voice as I looked around nervously. "What are you doing here?" Besides teachers and other staff that maintained the school, there were never any boys on campus. It wasn't a rule exactly. The only rule about boys involved them being in the dorms, but seeing a boy on campus at all was still an unnatural sight.

"I came to see you!" he said smiling nervously. He was wearing dark blue jeans with black boots and a black button up shirt, untucked with the sleeves rolled up. He was also holding a long stem rose in his nervously twitching fingers. He was as handsome as I remembered. Don't even think that! I cursed myself, suppressing the smile that instinctively wanted to mount my lips. After the things he said to me he can burn for all I care!

I only stared at him as he twiddled with the rose in his hands and he continued on, more of his anxiety showing.

"I haven't been able to stop thinking of you," he said, lowering his voice and taking a step closer to me. His eyes flickered to those walking by. There were some surprised looks at seeing a boy on campus, but none stopped, or were near enough to hear what was said. "The things that I said...I was shocked, and confused," he said with a hopeful smile as he took my hand. "I think I'm in love with you."

This close, his smell filled my senses, and I was unable to stop a flood of memories of the times we had spent together, and the feel of his lips on mine, our bodies pressed tightly, and his strong hands...Then memories of the things he had said to me on Valentine's Day filled my mind.

"You think you're in love with me?" I asked incredulously. "What about all of those things you said to me?" I continued, lowering my voice. "All that I'm not gay stuff? You called me a freak!"

"I was confused," he pleaded. "It all came so suddenly. I'm ashamed for what I said to you. It was not right. I've thought about calling you to apologize nearly every day since then. I'm here now though, and I want to try again. I can do better. I can get used to your...you know," he smiled nervously, eyes flickering to the skirts of my dress.

He had nearly had me until the last. Those sweet adorable brown eyes, and his cute nervous smile, not to mention surprising me like this in person. That last remark though; it set a fire burning inside of me.

"You can get used to it?" I asked, my voice flat and quiet.

"Yes!" he said, obviously missing my anger. "I'm sure I can. I just want to be with you. I miss you."

"You shouldn't have to get used to anything!" I said, a viperish tone entering my voice as I yanked my hand from his, taking a step back. "You get used to the heat, or certain foods. You don't get used to who a person is. You either accept them completely, or not at all." I had Kennedy and Abigail to thank for that, and Trevor too. He didn't even bat an eye when I told him about me. He never even flinched when he saw my cock, or when it touched him in our love making. Knowing that there were men like that out in the world gave me hope.

"I didn't mean-" Danny tried to cut in.

"Didn't mean what," I asked furious, and only barely able to contain the volume of my voice. "to make me feel unnatural, like a freak? I like who I am, and I won't let a man like you make me feel less. Whatever you were after here, you can forget it," I said harshly, eyes flicking to the rose he still held.

"Please, Lexi," his voice sounded pleading. "I love you. I don't think anyone will love you the way that I do!"

"That's what I'm counting on," I told him firmly before walking away.

I only made it a few steps before turning back to him. The hopeful smile on his face at seeing me walking back slipped from his face as soon as I reached him.

"And if you dare tell anyone about me, and I mean anyone, I will make sure they all know how hot you were to make out with a boy," I spat, threatening. I still had my secrets to keep, for now. "And don't think there aren't any pictures floating around of the two of us. Kennedy and Abigail certainly had their phones handy when you had your hands all over me on the dance floor," I lied. Seeing the sickening cowed look on his face, I gave a sharp nod before walking away from him for good.

Mutually Assured Destruction. As much as he wanted to try and make a go of it with me, I knew he wouldn't want anyone knowing, and the look in his eyes at the end proved it. It was a powerful tool, but only if you were willing to let the world burn. In truth, I wasn't sure if I was or not.

I was halfway to Evens Hall when my phone vibrated in my purse. Fury quickly diminished as I scrambled to find it among the clutter. It had to be Kennedy or Abigail. Alas, it was not. Reading the text sent my mood spinning back towards a fury.

~You are late for your appointment, Miss Allen~

It was sent from an unknown number, but it could only be one person. Decker. Now there was another man who took me for nothing more than a boy in girl's clothing, and a sex object as well! Since finding myself under his thumb I had found myself fighting back a dour, forlorn feeling that I would spend the rest of my life either bent over, or on my knees for that creep.

All I wanted was a normal life. To be happy. To have people who truly cared about me. To be accepted for who I was. Nowhere in my dreams included being used by any man. If only I had something on him, I thought, thinking again of Mutually Assured Destruction.

His extortion of a student for sex didn't count. He had just as much hanging over me and more, and on my part, it would just be my word against his. I needed something damning to tip the scales if I was to play that card. Could I though? If he didn't cave, the world surely would burn...my world at least. As I quickened my step towards the Admin Building, I began maneuvering the pieces of my problem around in my head, trying to click them together into a plan. If the world did burn, I had to make sure I didn't burn with it.

When I neared his office on the second floor, I tucked my phone back into my purse. Butterflies hammered my insides with nervousness. Not for whatever Decker had planned for me. I could endure that if I must. What had my insides doing summersaults was the determined thought that kept repeating itself in my head.

The secretary's desk sat empty in the outer office, and the inner door stood wide open, giving him a perfect view of my approach. That sickly creepy smile split his face as I entered.

"You're late," he admonished. "Shut the door."

I did as he asked, this time not even flinching at the loud click of the door closing me in with this disgusting man. Taking a deep breath, I continued repeating those words in my head, steeling myself. This will be the last time he ever touches me.

*** Kennedy ***

Even with so many people in the manor, it still felt empty. Assistants, advisors, and security professionals had all but taken up residence in the main house, mostly staying closeted in one of the parlors, or the grand dining hall that had been converted into a conference room. When she wasn't sleeping, Abigail was with them. Kennedy had hardly caught a glimpse of her in the two days they had been there. It wasn't surprising though. Kennedy spent most of her time shut away in her rooms, one of the maids had even taken to bringing her meals up on a silver tray.

Kennedy couldn't seem to get a grip on her emotions. One moment she was angry and the next sad, but most of all frustration filled her, just waiting to tip back to one of the others. The night before, she had finally called her mother in a rage, demanding to know why she never told her about Mr. Lockwood being her father. She had laid into her, ripping her up one side and back down the other, and a moment later she was sobbing incoherently. Rage wasn't an uncommon emotion, but Kennedy hardly ever let herself cry, and it was disconcerting how easily it had come on.