All Comments on 'Words with Friends with Benefits'

by Ironiclaconic

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
clever, engaging, erotic romance

Well written, beautiful pace, compelling attraction

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a delight!

I agree with the previous comment- well written, good pace, engaging characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Outstanding

Excellent. Well Done!

andrewm57andrewm57over 11 years ago
Excellent!

Erudite eroticism, who'da thunk it? 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Really really excellent

I'm so not a wordsmith, but that was outstanding. *****

toddster119toddster119over 11 years ago
WOW!!!

Great job with the story. For the first time in a long time, I read a great story and am filled with hope. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

I love the banter and wit. This could be the best story here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

You write too well to have your content and syntax diminished by your lack of spelling and geographic knowledge. The word is "Lincoln" not "Lincon" and the Embarcadaro is in San Francisco, not in San Diego

IroniclaconicIroniclaconicabout 11 years agoAuthor
Response

I can't catch every mistake but I plead innocent to those two. "Linkin Park" is a rock band and the unusual spelling is their own. There is an Embarcadero in both San Diego and San Francisco. Google can verify. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
another red H

4 of your 5 prior stories have earned a red H, and the fifth is now 4.48. I must confess this is the first time I have read one of your works. I plan to read the others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Anonymous

More romances are consummated around scrabble boards then folks imagine. After all the most erotic parts of our humanity are between our ears. Fabulous story...believe able and oh so very sweet, thank you

Member389Member389about 11 years ago
Absolutely fantastic!

I was so embroiled in the repartee that I was nearly late for work. Smart, sexy and fun, everything anybody should be looking for in a great story. I love tales of the friend-zone being dissolved. Thank you for a terrific read.

Gamergirl10Gamergirl10about 11 years ago
Great! Hot! Fantastic!!

I loved the witty banter back & forth, and even though I knew they'd hook up at the end, you kept me reeled in from the start.

Best of luck with the contest, this is a winner in my book, for sure! I want an Anti-Anti-Valentine's Day date now ;) I think going to see a Die Hard movie marathon on the 13th qualifies, right?? Wish all my Words with Friends/Scrabble battles turned out this great and satisfying in the end...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Prescribing drugs to his girlfriends?

Yeah, that's not going to end well. I foresee a certain "doctor" losing his credentials and receiving a lengthy stay in the state prison when his psycho ex-girlfriend blows the whistle on his unethical and illegal practice.

ambush184ambush184about 11 years ago
delightful

Well told and quite funny at appropriate times

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Perfect!

Absolutely wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wonderful

Wonderful story, well written and with equally great content. Has me itching to play words with friends now ;)

Jim44444Jim44444about 11 years ago
5stars ain't enough

Best story so far. Enjoyed the banter between friends, it has the sense of reality that so many stories lack. You even presented the sex in a way that most of us experience it. If a couple are not friends then the sex is never good enough, but when they are friends, wow. Good luck.

NekoParksNekoParksabout 11 years ago
Another Witty Romantic Story

I love this story. Wonderful banter and romantic chemistry between the hero and heroine in this story. Simply beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Perfection

Sir.

Your brilliance both humbles and enthralls me.

Kudos.

IralethIralethabout 11 years ago
Wow

This is an amazing story. It's excellently written. It gives insight into the characters in a gradual way that is complete and yet doesn't feel forced. Both of the characters feel like real people, and their relationship evolves naturally and organically. The sex is both realistic and hot. Most importantly, though, everything feels genuine and believable, which is a rare treasure.

Well done! I wish I could give more than five stars, to bump you still further in the contest, because you deserve it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Zeitgeist

Captures the C21st sexual/friendship zeitgeist perfectly, with intelligence and assertion, without navel gazing or self obsession. Perfect (and it made me cry.... Very impressive!).

drunkenphilosophydrunkenphilosophyabout 11 years ago
blistering

Complex, erudite, and spine-tingling. Absolutely loved it.

carlieplumcarlieplumabout 11 years ago
Absolutely tops

Beautifully written. Well-drawn characters. Perfect dialog. Every one of the five stars is deserved. Best of luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I loved it, too bad it made me sad...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

awesome story! *sigh* i want that relationship!

KojoteKojoteabout 11 years ago
Awesome story

I loved every word. It was fun to read and not surprising as to where that would got. But that doesn't matter at all. I really loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Absolutely phenomenal

I have read a lot... and I do mean A LOT of great stories on this site. This is the best I've ever seen. The dialogue was brilliant. The characterization, the buildup, the crescendo... the end... Outstanding. It is the single best story of its kind I have ever read. Period.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Awesome, too real

I've never commented before, but I have to now - this is one of the best written short stories I've read in a while, nevermind on Literotica. Clever, well characterized, and sexy to boot. I would not want to face you in scrabble.

I had this relationship. In college and for a while after. It was awesome. I always wished it could have ended up the way you described.... But I missed the window. Here's to what might have been, and thanks for writing it so well.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 11 years ago
Beziques!

You had me running for my dictionary--a French card game it is. Could it really be worth 245 points?

I thought this was an intellectually, and erotically stimulating story. Sometimes your best friend also turns out to be your best lover--I found that to be true. Great story. Thanks for posting and good luck in the contest.

IroniclaconicIroniclaconicabout 11 years agoAuthor

I plotted the words and points with a WWF board. The BEZIQUES play and score is possible from four different positions on the board so long as your opponent plays one of the letters in the right place. Even bigger plays are possible but I liked how that one fit into the game theme.

Thanks for all the comments and votes. I have been thrilled with the reception this story has received.

AyelleSaysAyelleSaysabout 11 years ago
bezique! fuckbuddy #lol!

I just love the word... And every words u used, and the romance u bring out in me in everylines on the story. Well, I myself wouldn't trade friendship.not everyone is lucky to get a good one fuckbuddy!!!

AyelleSaysAyelleSaysabout 11 years ago
beziques

I forgot the S ... So is there a series for this? Hoping for one,.. :)

IroniclaconicIroniclaconicabout 11 years agoAuthor

I have no plans for a direct sequel, but the popularity of the dialogue/banter has the wheels turning toward different stories with different characters that let me have fun with dialogue. I had done the witty banter thing heavily in Might Have Been (links available on my author page on Lit), but had avoided it for my other stories still on Lit because I was burned out on it. The muse came back for this one and fortunately hasn't left. I spent most of last night writing several pages of a new talky romance that I am really liking so far. Hope to have it done by the end of the month.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 11 years ago
Gotta be a winner!

I haven't read any of the other Valentine's Day stories, and now that I've read this I may not even want to. This is truly a masterpiece!

The story succeeds on so many different levels, and the inevitable pairing of these two overly intellectual characters is so nearly derailed by overthinking, that an element of suspense remains that makes the final assault on their senses gut-wrenching.

Well and cleverly written. It took my breath away!

NavyGuy93NavyGuy93about 11 years ago
Beziques ... Gadzooks!

On of the most romantic stories I've perused in several years. Apotheosis of the genre, the very acme of romance/erotica. Please continue to provide us with more of your erudition. You have won an adoring and intelligent audience with your additions to literature in the truest sense of the term.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Okay. Just finished reading. And I have no idea how this didn't win when it was so much better than the actual winner.

Great job, don't stop writing because of this minor setback!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nice!

Dang, I read this after the voting. Loved the word play, great story line, nice job.

"Her failure was glorious." ...What a great, simple, short sentence. This writing thing... keep it up, you're good at it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I have read on Liteerotica for over 10 yrs. This has got to be the best story I have have read anywhere.......PERIOD!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Amazing

In the many years I've visited this site, the comments I've left I can count on one hand. I had to add you to the list to tell you what a fantastic author you are. The well endowed purple elephant line made me laugh until I cried. Sapiosexual love stories are rare and beautiful. Keep up the amazing work.

LadyFalconLadyFalconabout 11 years ago
I love Words with Friends...

...so that caught my eye right off the bat. I love stories with friends turning to lovers so there was the second checkmark. Then within the first 3 paragraphs and the writing is good; not any noticible mistakes. I was sold. This was a great story and the sex scene was fantastic. Hot. Very hot. :-) I am now off to read the rest of your stories. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Engaginging

Your writing is refreshing. It's a nice change to read a romance story that doesn't involve one person saving the other like in so many of the top rated romance stories. The friendly banter between your charcters is much more realistic than the hero worship of other stories.

cittrancittranalmost 11 years ago
Damn.

That was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wow.

I wish I could give this a six.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Brilliant.

This was absolutely brilliant in every way. I couldn't stop reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
BRAVO!!!!! LOVED IT!

BRAVO! Very well written- your characters are adorable, your story HOT, your editing and writing style set a standard which I wish other authors on Literotica could follow. I did not want it to end- such intelligent, lovable characters are hard to find- Thank you! Your honor is well deserved- I would give you a 6 if I could.

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001over 10 years ago
Loved the story....

Great writing, and always like happy endings with great people.

I was a bit put off with both the quantity/quality of Jazz''s sexual experiences, since she was 16, not sure if it is a cultural thing - don't people leave something untried on the sexual plate for the love of their life ?

But nothing in the story deterred me from enjoying it. Great work ! I'll be looking out for your stories...

SatanJDSatanJDover 10 years ago
Fantastic

This was amazingly fun to read and I just couldn't stop. Jasmine and Max are amazingly detailed and interesting characters. The dialogue between them was fantastic and I loved the whole thing through and through. I wish I could give it greater praise than just five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Unbelievably good

You are one of the finest writers on this website

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

great until it ended too quick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it!

I couldn't stop reading this. Could you please write more? I wish it were longer. Please please!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
very interesting

loved the banter and the "plan"; by the time he figured it out she already had him "hook, line & sinker"

not sure why; but as I read this Jessica Biel kept popping into my head RAWR!!! 8~P.... DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
smart, funny, sexy

I think this has jump to one of my favorites of all time. Cute, sweet, and silly. Just ghe ay I like them

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaabout 10 years ago
Love your work

You've become one of my favorite authors on this site. It seems to me that since "Compromised," your work has steadily improved and you've been increasingly prolific. It's wonderful to be a beneficiary of your talent. Please keep up the good work and know that there are those of us "out here" who enjoy reading about sapiosexual encounters between well-developed, interesting, fun, and fun-loving characters. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
one

1 *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
loved it

Love stories about best friends falling in love. Well done.

furetofuretoabout 10 years ago
I have finished reading all your stories

And now I am sad. :-( Thank you for these wonderful gifts!

smc331smc331about 10 years ago
Appropriate that I read this on Valentine's Day 2014...

Absolutely loved it. Wish I had a Jasmine... :(

juanwildonejuanwildoneabout 10 years ago
A word if you please*****

Fan-fucking-tastic!

MadamSoMadamSoabout 10 years ago
aaawwwww!

Thank you for a really great story that had just the right added romance to make it sweetly erotic. mmmmmm...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Aww!

This was so sweet and so fun to read! I love plays on words, so this was a perfect read for me. Great story, well executed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

You, my author friend, epitomise the name of this website. Erotic, with true, legitimate literary merit. I have an ex by the name of jasmine, so this story was weirdly uncomfortable to read but, as usual, your style hooked me from the first sentence. Keep it going. You have a real fan following. I Look forward to ur future work. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Superb

A fabulous story, well-written, bridging literary and erotic so very well.

The best story I have read for a very long time.

*****

thornyrosesthornyrosesabout 10 years ago

Very well written good stuff was a bit odd though when the character Max didn't think a white person using the "n-word" to a black person is considered degrading but I suppose this is American and not English since ik over there freedom of speech isn't limited to racism or desrimination of sorts and they aren't as intergrated as London. However this does impose inadequate education of the historical context of the term; that very much insinuates degradation due to skin pigmentation in relation to slavery, suggested some deep level of ignorance despite the intellectual capability to write, and could be considered quite offensive. Especially since the story and characters reflect the authors opinions...

IroniclaconicIroniclaconicabout 10 years agoAuthor
Misunderstanding

Max meant that he thought the n-word was more more emotionally loaded than Jaz calling herself a slut.

vermontyankeevermontyankeealmost 10 years ago
Muchas gracias

Thanks so much for the wonderful story. Romantic, sexy, humorous, and clearly written by someone who loves words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Unusually good

Significantly more satisfying than most all Lit stories...Warm thanks!!

rpsuchrpsuchover 9 years ago
wow

Seriously excellent, which I think avoids the error in "quite unique" which would have been repeated if I said very unparalleled.

I have commented to people about the sexiness of their vocabulary, especially when undiminished by phrases like, "So fun."

To me, the sexiest part of a woman is her brain, which includes a sense of humor like that shown by both main characters throughout the story. The dialog was also top notch.

The story was so good it inspired me to post my first two paragraphs which were not in the least meant to put down people who lack vocabulary or pick up errant grammar. They were meant to gush about how well-written the story is.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
this just reinforces the belief

that the most important part of the body for great sex is the brain!

However, these two came dangerously close to overthinking and talking too much.

Well Played

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Among the best I've read here

I'd love to spend a series of stories with these people! Brilliant!

Alex De KokAlex De Kokabout 9 years ago
I think we have the same troll!

A one star comment/vote from - guess who? Oh, yes - anonymous. Shows he/she/it in a far worse light than you. And yes, I've had a few myself. I thought I was a reasonable writer, but I've met my master. Kudos. Wonderful story, beautifully told, totally absorbing, and utterly enjoyable.

Alex

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 9 years ago
Great play

Definitely worth a triple score, nicely worked game of friends becoming lovers through letters and numbers. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I have just re-read this - again ...

and it's still in the pantheon of greats.

I suspect you won't be offended if I offer two items:

Page 3: "prone position on the couch" probably should be "supine". Stokely Carmichael made the same mistake when asked what a woman's position should be in the revolution.

Page 4: "inner sanctums" - he's erudite enough to say "inner sancta". And she'd catch the solecism were he not, and tease him about it.

I'm sure you know I do not dishonor you with these quibbles - I respect your writing immensely and was utterly charmed and moved by this story. I'll echo what another has already said about the sheer brilliance of the line "Her failure was glorious." That was superb wordcraft in the midst of great brilliance.

Blessings..

Allen in Butler

mysteryman196mysteryman196over 8 years ago
How did this not...

How did this not win one of the prizes in the 2013 Valentine's Day Contest? I've read the winners and I don't believe any of them match up to this one. A great story, with a great use of the game as a tool to further the story/romance along.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

What a wonderful piece of work! Entirely believable, with smooth development of the characters and their relationship. I'm a sucker for a happy ending, and this beautiful story hits all my buttons. Thanks for sharing this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fantastic!

I absolutely loved this story! Great piece of work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very creative plot!

The combination of your willingness to do the hard work of writing an excellent short story of longtime friendship, with a large dash of humor in the sauce, and a final happy ending make this such a winner! I do love the way that you used Scrabble throughout the tale to add a very different way to communicate between two close friends. Until my wife passed, I lived with a writer. So I really appreciate the practiced skill and editing a story such as this one requires. Thank you again for your gift to us!

GoodOleMontananGoodOleMontananabout 7 years ago
The Best

I have read so many fantastic romance stories here on Lit. My favorites are completely filled with them. That being said, I can safely say that I have never read one as good as this. Not by a country mile. This was fantastic. I generally like the stories to be longer with more extended build up so as to capture more emotion with the eventual coupling. The way you paced the story, spanning several months, allowed that same build up to form. Absolutely fantastic story. I hope you do more like it.

phred1phred1about 7 years ago
Excellent

There is nothing that I can add to the previous comments . . . except OUTSTANDING!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

The best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well written

I enjoyed this one!

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 7 years ago
Charming and fun

EXCELLENT!! It is a favorite. Wish it were possible to award more tag five stars.

TheBeholderTheBeholderalmost 7 years ago
TheBeholder played MOARPLZ for 69 points.

I read this simply based on the title, and was surprised that there was so much more to it than just a gimmicky name. It actually made me LOL a few times while reading it to myself, which eventually led to me reading it aloud to my wife. We both REALLY liked it-- so funny, and juuuust hot enough to keep it from being sappy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Brilliant!

This story was a joy to read. Utter perfection.

cmsheaffcmsheaffover 5 years ago
Truly masterful

Once again beautifully crafted. I hope it won the contest.

ihatesadendingihatesadendingalmost 4 years ago
Really good

This is what I want at Literotica.

Romantic, sweet,sense of humor, a little bit of drama and happy ending.

Greatly enjoyed it.

Good work!

SaddleUpSaddleUpalmost 4 years ago
SaddleUp plays

"DELICIOUS" for whocareshowmany points

ScoratScoratover 3 years ago

CLEVER! Intelligent and sexy and humorous. 5 stars!!!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
love story

Not all of us know when we are in love or even how to love but some of us eventually find love. Very good story although I had to look up a couple words. :)

MSNarcissusMSNarcissusabout 3 years ago
This is amazing!

I kinda am in a similar situation with the main female protagonist and this is kind of how I imagined it going. This is really a good story. Its sexy but at the same time it has a tone of playfulness too. Hope to read more of your work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The byplay between the two characters is complimented by the vein of humour that runs through the whole story - worth reading it and re-reading it for that alone. And the slow discovery at the end is a beautiful climax to a fascinating tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Don't know where you ever went to. Wish I could read more works like this from you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A delicious story with rich word-play

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sweet and erotic without using the words fuck or cum.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 years ago

A rejuvenation of the tired old plot of two people trying to maintain a friendship while spending years falling in love and then consummating their love in a finale of passion. This one worked well with the superimposition of the Scrabble game onto the romantic plot. I also kind of liked both of the protagonists which helps a lot in reading a story. I'm not sure I really understand how someone (of either sex) can have a long, detailed conversation of the others sexual exploits when they actually are in love with that person. It all seemed to make sense in this tale. 5*

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifealmost 2 years ago

So finally Jasmine was the most manipulative of all girls that Max could find. He deserved it.

adverblyadverblyover 1 year ago

Sweet, smart, sexy, fun, and funny. Intelligence, mutual respect, and a sense of humor are tremendously erotic, and the author used them to great effect. I love that the setting is in my neck of the woods and that it rings true. We don't see that a lot. I really love that at no point degradation, dom/sub, or BDSM was introduced. It's a true romance story, and a very well-written one at that.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous