Working Class Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Returning to the kitchen, we had a small table where we had always eaten as a family. We'd both set a table for my father for the first couple of months as we simply forgot each time. Every evening, I always kept Mum company if she was cooking, or she'd sit back and chat to me if it was my turn. Mum would always unwind after a long day with a glass of wine, and even though I was seventeen, she'd allow me a low alcoholic beer with dinner. She knew whenever I attended a barbecue or party with work colleagues that they'd generally give me a few beers.

As we ate, making small talk as usual, she waited until we were halfway through our meal before stating, "I've been looking at rental properties the past few days."

"Yeah, anything decent?"

"It's not that, I know how expensive it's going to be. What are you suggesting?"

"I think we downsize down back to two bedrooms and rent ourselves a townhouse. There are a few single-storey places around but I'm thinking more of a three-up, three down. So that means two bedrooms and bathroom upstairs, with living room, kitchen and maybe dining room downstairs."

"How can we afford it?"

Mum took a deep breath. "You know my parents are successful, but your father and I were... I would say independent, but I guess perhaps stubborn and too full of pride would also be correct. We always struggled but always had the safety net of our parents should something really go wrong."

"If we wait until I'm eighteen, then perhaps we can afford it without too much assistance."

She smiled at me, waiting until we finished eating before she took my hand in hers. "In addition to that, I'm going to do some night courses going forward. My manager has suggested, with a little study, I could find myself a similar role but could hopefully make a little more money too."

"Why don't we park this for the moment and wait until I'm eighteen? I'm happy living here, Mum. Aren't you?"

"I am. I can look around and feel the memories."

Life continued on as normal for most of the year I was seventeen. I'd dated around a bit while I'd been at high school but found I wasn't really worried about it while I was working, my focus on supporting Mum and saving as much cash as I could, the idea of moving into our own little townhouse rather appealing. While I got on with my own life, I knew Mum hadn't started looking at dating either. I wasn't expecting her to rush out and find a new partner, and I certainly wasn't going to force the issue. Though the heartache still lingered in both of us, we loved each other and supported on another all the time. Frankly, Mum snuggling up to me on a Saturday night, watching some trash television as we sipped on our drinks and chewed on popcorn or sweets was always a great way to spend time together.

Turning eighteen is always a rite of passage for any young man or woman as it means a young adult is now legal to do most things in life. Drink. Smoke. Vote. Mum went out of her way to make it special. I woke up in the morning to find her lying next to me, waking me up with a soft kiss. Opening my eyes and noticing her next to me, I couldn't help blushing as the silk robe (a rare extravagant purchase) she wore barely covered her arse and was tight to her body.

Guess I need to describe my mother as I haven't done that yet. She stands barely five foot tall, maybe five-one at a push. She had a figure but looked after herself. Shoulder length red hair that seemed to get darker each year, usually keeping it up in a simple ponytail whenever she was at home. Gorgeous emerald, green eyes. Thick lips that all my friends had remarked were completely and utterly kissable. I knew she was a C-cup from doing laundry. And the only thing my mother did splurge on was underwear. I often found some rather sexy panties and bras in the laundry basket. I guess she wanted to feel sexy even as a widow.

"Happy birthday, baby," she whispered, cuddling into me.

"Thank, Mum," I whispered back.

"We're treating you to dinner tonight. Where would you like to go?"

"The local RSL or leagues club. Always good food but I'll be able to legally purchase drinks today."

"That works for me. Any ideas about going out with friends this weekend?"

"Yeah, as it's Thursday, the guys have suggested we head out on Saturday night for a few drinks."

"Any lady friends going?"

I gave her a look she knew well. I had no problem discussing my private life, but she was more than aware that I didn't have a girlfriend. "Well, a couple of lady friends, in the sense that they're women and a friend, will be there, but I don't mix sex and friendship." I paused before adding, "Well, not too often..."

"My little boy isn't a virgin?" I gave her a look that made her giggle. "I won't ask."

"And I won't tell. But no, I'm not, Mum."

"Oh..."

I was left thinking she was little disappointed, but considering I was a dead ringer for my father, she shouldn't have been so surprised. I wasn't the mythical tall, dark and handsome, but I was six-one, broadened out since I started work and matured, did have a light tan as I enjoyed being out in the sun. Hair was light brown, and I'd always been complimented on my blue eyes, and apparently, I had a strong jaw, whatever that meant. I'd lost my boyish looks already, looking in the mirror to see a man's face. I'd started shaving early so already had decent stubble.

Hugging her tightly, I whispered, "You're still the most important girl in my life, Mum."

Squeezing her tightly, she giggled as she hugged me back. "Thank you, baby. I love you."

"I love you too, Mum."

Getting ready to work was almost like a dance with my mother as we showered, dressed and ate, leaving at the same time so we had to organise ourselves, so we didn't bump into each other or delay the other person for too long. Driving her to work, as I still drove my father's old ute around, when I pulled up outside her office, she leaned across. I was expecting the usual kiss on the cheek, but she left a soft kiss on my lips. She hadn't done that in years.

"See you this afternoon, baby," she said softly.

Smiling, I told her I'd pick her up at the usual time. The fact she kissed me like that had me feeling a little confused but also smiling. I always liked how close Mum and I had been. When I was a kid, I always considered my parents my best friends. My father had considered his son his 'Mini Me', and Mum was just my favourite girl in the world. I'd happily spent all my free time in the presence of my parents.

I guess turning eighteen would change our relationship slightly due to me now being an adult, so I wasn't going to read too much into a simple soft kiss on the lips that was still incredibly chaste. But I also wasn't going to mention it to anyone nor confront my mother about it. If she wanted to do it, I wasn't going to complain.

Arriving to pick her up later that afternoon, she wasn't outside waiting for me as always. Figuring I'd stroll in and collect her, I walked through the front doors to be greeted by the new receptionist, my mother having moved to become a full-time secretary for one of the directors of the company. The eyes of the receptionist lit up as I was wearing a simple white t-shirt and jeans. In addition to broadening out, I'd managed to find a cheaper way of working out thanks to a work colleague's home gym.

"How can I help you?" she asked.

"I'm here to pick up Lauren."

"And you are?"

"Mark." For some reason, I didn't add that I was her son, though I assumed people would figure out who I was.

"I'll give her a call and see where she is."

The call barely lasted fifteen seconds before I was told to head up a couple of floors as she was still finishing off the day's work. It was an open planned office, with only a few glass fronted offices to one side. Mum was sitting behind her desk, concentrating on whatever she was doing, but her face lit up when she noticed me walking towards her.

"Sorry, baby, I just had to finish off one thing before I'm finished for the day."

"It's okay. I think I impressed your receptionist."

"Well, looking like you do, Mark..."

Mum looked fantastic in her clothes. She always dressed nice for work. We still had to go looking for bargains, but ever since starting her new role, she'd spent more than one weekend looking for nice clothing that didn't break our budget. The director she worked for was still busy in his office, though he raised his eyes at my presence and nodded his head. He probably had no idea who I was, left wondering if he wondered I was my mother's toy boy.

When she was done, Mum sighed before standing up, grabbing her light jacket and handbag. Hugging her tightly, I held her hand as I led her towards the stairs that led back to the ground floor. Once in the car, she held my hand again as I drove us home. "What has you in a good mood, Mum?" I had to ask.

"My baby is now a man. I'm trying to keep a smile on my face as I know your father would be so proud too."

"Everything I do, I still do for both of you, Mum."

She leaned over and kissed my cheek, her fingers moving to caress the back of my head. "I know, baby. And I love you even more for it," she said softly, leaning her head against my shoulder.

Arriving home, Mum told me to shower and get dressed for dinner. She was already on the phone to the family as we would all meet at a nearby RSL that we all knew served good meals. On the few times we could afford to go out, we'd normally head there. If we were there on the right night, we could get a cheap steak or chicken schnitzel meal.

I just stuck to the usual shirt and jeans with a decent pair of shoes. Mum walked out in a gorgeous skirt and blouse combination. Even at only a smidgen over five foot, she still had a great pair of legs. When I thought about it, I was only eighteen while she was thirty-three, turning thirty-four a couple of months after my birthday, there was a reason why some of my friends had called her a MILF.

Nearly the whole family was there for my birthday. Both sets of grandparents. All my uncles, aunts and cousins. None of my friends as I would be meeting up with them on the weekend. The original idea of buying me a car had been abandoned as I had my father's old car. Instead, I was given a new smartphone, as the one I had was now years out of date and in desperate need of upgrading, while receiving other gift cards so I could splurge on things I may have done without growing up.

Being able to legally purchase my own drinks was the whole point of going out, both grandfathers sending me to the bar to buy a round of drinks. Still hadn't found a real liking for beer. I did enjoy apple cider or alcoholic ginger beer, but I usually stuck to a bourbon mixer. The cheap stuff anyway, warned to never mix a good whiskey with anything except maybe ice.

Mum had to drive us home as I'd enjoyed a few drinks by the time we left. Walking into our quiet department, Mum dumped her handbag before she turned towards me. She gave me a strange look before hugging me tightly. "Hold me, baby," she whispered.

Hugging her wasn't anything strange, but I was left thinking she might have been a little sad and upset. Not only was her little boy now an adult, but it was the first major milestone that my father hadn't been there to see. "You okay?" I wondered.

"Just a little sad. My baby is now a man and I'm worried I'm going to lose you too."

Guiding her over to the lounge, I sat down as she sat on my lap. We chuckled as it was almost a reversal of our roles in life, her head resting against my shoulder as both my arms were wrapped around her. "I'm not going anywhere, Mum. I've said often enough we're a team. I'm not going to just abandon you because I'm eighteen."

Feeling and hearing her sigh, I think a few simple words did make her feel better, sitting in silence for quite a while before her fingers ended up on my cheek, turning my head so she could kiss me. Another soft kiss on the lips. Only lasted a couple of seconds, but it was enough to make me blush a little bit. Her green eyes gazed at me for a few seconds before she snuggled into me again.

"I love you, baby," she whispered, "Thank you for everything. Ever since the day we had to say goodbye to him, you've stepped up and been so mature and responsible. I sometimes feel guilty..."

Shushing her immediately, I gave her a gentle squeeze. "I did it because it was the right thing to do, but more importantly, you are my mother and I don't love anyone more in the world. You needed me to make that step up, to be a responsible adult, and I don't regret a thing."

We sat together for a few minutes before we needed to get ready for bed as we had work the next morning. No rest for the wicked, as they say. Having showered before going out, I just stripped off down to my underwear as always. I listened to Mum around the house before I figured she had headed off to bed herself, flicking off the lamp and lying back.

It was barely a couple of minutes before I heard my bedroom door open, glancing to see my mother standing in the doorway, wearing that same silk robe. "Mark?"

"Yeah, Mum?"

"Oh good, you're still awake."

She walked in and stood beside my bed, undoing the tie of her robe and letting it fall to the bed, unveiling her near naked body, noticing the lacy black bra and panties she was wearing. Lifting the covers, she slid into bed next to me. Lying on my side, she moved so her body was almost pressed into mine. I couldn't help smiling at her.

"This some sort of last birthday present, Mum?"

"Thought you might like a half-naked woman in your bed tonight, even if it is your old mother."

Snorting at the idea she was that old, I think I surprised her by pulling her close towards me, running my fingers up the soft skin of her back. "A better present would have been you naked, Mum," I breathed into her ear.

"You mean that, baby?"

"Mum, you're hot. Always thought that, but then again, you're my mother. I think most son's think their mother is beautiful."

"Can we cuddle all night? I haven't had the chance in so long."

"You can come in and cuddle whenever you want, Mum."

Her green eyes searched mine. "You mean that?" she asked softly.

"Sure. As I said, Mum, I'm here for you."

She smiled before reaching behind herself, and before I knew it, her bra joined the robe on the floor, getting a good look at my mother's breasts for the first time since I'd been breastfed, and I couldn't remember those days. Barely a hint of sag, they were rather perky, her areola what I'd call normal sized, her nipples hard, not missing that she was breathing a little heavier.

"You excited, Mum?"

"You're already looking at me differently, Mark," she whispered, resting a hand on my chest, "It's only been the two of us for a while. And now that you're a man, there isn't anyone else I love or trust more than you."

Running my hand down to her pert little butt, I pulled her closer, making her squeal, but she gasped as she would feel my erection. "That for me, baby?" she whispered.

"Hard not to get excited about your body, Mum," I whispered back, "How long?"

Her hand moved to my shoulder and down my arm. "If this happens, we have to take it slow, Mark. But I wanted to share your bed tonight, to be held in your arms."

"How far do you want to go?"

The soft kiss on my lips lasted longer than any of those before and was a promise of much more. "I want to be with you, Mark. You're my man."

"You're my girl, Mum."

"Are you sure, Mark?"

"I love you, Mum."

"I love you too, baby."

She snuggled into my body, her head resting under my chin against my chest as I wrapped both arms around her. Considering there was a foot of height between us, I certainly had images going through my mind of how it would work between us. Mum gasped my cock got even harder. Then I felt her hand gently brush up against it. "Tease," I whispered.

"That for me, baby?" she whispered.

"I'm having many naughty thoughts about what I could do with my mother going forward."

"I want all of that too, Mark. It's why I haven't dated. There's only one man in the world I want for the rest of my life."

"There's only one concern, Mum..."

"Incest?"

"Well, that, but I think neither of us really care, right?"

"I don't care. Do you?"

"Not at all. What does concern me is the family. No-one will understand."

"Or maybe they will. I've done some research, Mark. Apparently, this sort of thing happens more often than people are willing to admit. It's just not talked about. But mothers and sons, fathers and daughters, brothers and sisters, there are plenty out there who are intimate." She lifted her head to meet my eyes, her fingers stroking my cheek. "I've had enough time to think, baby. The ramifications of going through this. But while you're eighteen, you still have your whole life ahead of you. Don't decide here and now."

Leaning forward to kiss her, she kissed me back immediately, and when I slid my tongue into her mouth for the first time, the moan and the whimper she made told me everything I needed to know. I'd always loved my mother more than many sons would, simply because of the circumstances of our life. Making our relationship intimate wasn't a stretch in my mind. I didn't think it would actually happen, but we'd always been close, but far closer after my father died.

Breaking the kiss, her fingers stroked my cheek again. "Think that answers that question, Mum," I said softly, "But give me a little time to really give it some thought. But I'm not going anywhere. You're my girl and I promised you that I would do anything for the both of us."

Mum snuggled into me as I continued to gently caress her back. She was asleep long before I was. I think she'd already made up her mind, so it was now up to me as to taking our relationship onto the next step. Hand on heart, it wasn't a real surprise given how close we'd grown since losing her husband, my father. She'd relied on my support both emotionally and financially since I'd quit school and gone out to work. I'd pretty much been an adult before I was legally recognised as one.

My alarm blared to wake us both up, reaching over to turn it off as Mum cuddled into me immediately. She made a contented sound before adding, "Best night's sleep I've had in a long time. I can't say since before you father otherwise he'd be offended. Then again, you are my little boy and always held a larger piece of my heart than anyone else."

"And how many son's adore and love their mother with all their heart?"

Watching that smile form, her eyes lighting up, she kissed me as I pulled her into my body. She moaned softly as my erection pressed into her again, while I was a little cheeky as I grabbed a handful of breast for the first time. "They're yours whenever you want them, baby," she breathed, "I know what I want and there'll be no hesitation from me going forward. But it's a big decision for you, so please don't just leap into it without thinking. Okay?"

"Okay."

"I'm going to get up and shower before getting ready for work."

Watching her slide out of bed and stand up, seeing her body in the early morning light, I'm fairly sure I gasped at how gorgeous she was. My eyes probably bugged out at seeing her breasts, her black lacy panties barely covering her pussy. Grabbing her robe and bra, she leaned over to kiss my cheek before watching her walk to the door, getting a great look at her perfectly pert little butt. Before leaving, she turned and blew me a kiss.

Driving us to work a little later that morning, we didn't talk too much about the night before. I knew I was going to be distracted for a few days going forward as I thought about it. I was going to take advice to heart and not just leap into it, but when I did think about it briefly, Mum wanting to be with me wasn't a real surprise. It had only been the two of us for nearly two years. We'd been a couple in certain ways simply due to circumstances.