Worth the Wait

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following day Mia helped Pete with his homework and flute practice. The two of them played some duets. Pete reminded her she had parent-teacher interviews this week and she told him she remembered! One of their Sunday rituals was to go through the family calendar for the week. Mia was working Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights, had Wednesday and Thursday off before working Friday, Saturday and Sunday earlies. Pete sighed, "Mum, I know you love being a nurse, but I don't like you working all the time." Mia explained she didn't work all the time, however she worked at different times to other parents.

Mia loved her ward work and it was all she ever knew. She had worked shifts for as long as she could remember, but she knew it tired her and it made for fractured family time. That evening as Mia tucked Pete into bed, Pete asked her about the opera the night before. "Who did you go with again, Mum?" Mia explained she with Mr Cranwell and Dr and Mrs Wallace. "Mum, if Dr Wallace is a doctor and the headmaster then perhaps you could become a teacher too?" Pete enquired innocently. Mia explained that Dr Wallace was not a medical doctor but had studied very hard at university and been recognised for his contributions to education by being awarded a doctorate. She was surprised Pete did not pick up on her going with Peter Cranwell.

Nightshifts were uneventful for Mia. She was on with Nancy, one of her good friends and nursing mentors. On the Monday evening when it was quiet Mia told Nancy about Peter and their coffee and opera dates. She mentioned they had bumped into that creep Dr Nick and Nancy shared the latest hospital gossip- Dr Nick had lost his job because one of the junior nurses had accused him of rape. Mia went silent and whispered to Nancy, "You know he raped me a few years ago?" Nancy hugged Mia as she recounted the experience. Mia knew she had to report the incident to HR, if not the police.

At the end of their shift, Nancy offered to stay around with Mia until HR arrived. Mia made a statement and they offered to contact the police on her behalf. Mia was wary of the police, especially after Brad, and decided to call Jane to check who she could trust. Jane was still on maternity leave after the birth of her second child, but she gave Mia a contact. HR told Mia she would not be required to work that night and Mia hugged Nancy as she left to go home to sleep. "Thank you for being there for me," Mia whispered as she hugged her friend. Nancy hugged back "You are more than welcome, now go get your Peter too."

Mia made a report to the police and Jane was right, Maxine was a good cop who took Mia seriously. She offered Mia counselling, but Mia refused for the time being. Maxine told Mia that four young nurses had made statements about Dr Nick and they were going to charge him but depending on how he pleaded would depend if any of them would be required in court.

Exhaustion set in for Mia. She arrived home and told her mother she was not working that night. She did not go into specifics but went and lay down for a nap. She had received a few texts from Peter since their date at the opera, but nothing too specific- a general good morning, have a good shift and that morning's "So glad I get to see those beautiful eyes again tomorrow." Mia smiled.

She often smiled thinking of Peter. She thought back to her high school days and the piano duets they played in assembly. It had stemmed from a student auction- senior students were auctioned off to other students to do their work for a lunchtime. Mia's friend Claire and a few others joined together and bought Mia for Mr C to use one lunchtime. Mia could remember her embarrassment, especially as her friends made crude remarks of what Mia could be doing all lunchtime having just celebrated her 18th birthday, yet it was Mr C who suggested piano duets.

That lunchtime lead to further lunchtimes practicing until the head of music had heard them and arranged for them to play together in assembly. Ms Taylor was the head of music and an old hippie. She wore flowing dresses and scarves in her hair and gave off a totally different vibe to Miss Vaughan. Mia remembered Ms Taylor telling the two of them they were playing in assembly, but she had promised Miss Vaughan there would be 5cm between the two of them on the piano stool. Mia smiled when she remembered Peter pressing against her in assembly and telling her that he was never good at maths and he would like to see Miss Vaughan come and measure their distance whilst they played.

Mia felt her nipples harden as she remembered Peter and her duets and the feelings that buzzed down her legs as they played. She felt between her legs and rubbed and stroked her clitoris until she felt the same sensations she had a few nights before. She was beginning to think more and more about time with Peter and that she might be able to attempt this sex thing after all.

Peter texted Mia that evening "Last one! Hope tonight's shift is uneventful." Mia replied "Night off, long story, I'm fine, but I might be required to give evidence in court- will catch you up tomorrow."

Peter was concerned and wanted to call Mia, but he was unsure if she would be sleeping. His mother was a retired nurse and he remembered what his childhood was like when she was sleeping after shifts. Mia slept better than she expected and decided to go for a run the following morning. Mia used to love running and was on the cross-country team at school. She mapped out a route, put on some tunes and headed out. She smiled as she thought to herself that so many friends would be running to the latest tunes and she was running to Rachmaninoff piano works. It worked and Mia kept up a pace that did not disgrace her.

As Mia prepared for parent-teacher interviews she felt a buzz knowing she would be seeing Peter again. He had made it pretty clear he liked her, and she hoped she had not scared him away with her fear of sex. She also knew that she would not be bringing this up at a parent-teacher interview! Mia dressed conservatively- Navy slacks and a navy floral blouse that she tucked in and wore a pink belt and matching pink shoes. She even applied a small touch of make-up. Pete begged to come to the interviews, but Mia reminded him that these were just for parents and teachers and if he was required there would be time the following week before the holidays.

Mia saw Pete's English and Maths teachers first. They were both thrilled with his settling into the school and commented on his diligence and hard work. Mia explained to each of the teachers that Pete did not have a lot of male influences in his life and she was glad that both of these men were there to inspire Pete to be his best. Pete's science teacher was Ms Hockey and she told Mia that Pete was the star of her class, worked hard and was always asking the hard questions. She did comment to Mia however that Pete had surprised her that morning and approached her wanting to know more about how babies were made. Mia explained to Ms Hockey that they had discussed puberty and the likes, and she had no idea why he would be asking such questions.

The next few teachers all told Mia glowing stories of Pete- what a lovely young man he was and how he had settled well into school. Her last interview was with Peter. He greeted her with a hand squeeze and whispered that he wanted to kiss her there and then, but he knew that would not be appropriate. Of course he had kind things to say about Pete, but then he paused, "Mia, Pete came tome me after choir today and asked me when he had to start calling me Dad. Now, shh, let me finish, I told him that that was an interesting question and one that was perhaps a little early to ask. I told him that you and I had been to coffee together and to the opera and we had enjoyed each other's company, but it was far too soon to be talking weddings and the like, I hope you don't mind."

Mia's hands were in her lap and she was staring at them. "Peter," she started "thank you, but you are not the only teacher he has been talking to- he asked Ms Hockey to tell him more about babies." Both of them laughed and the bell went to signal it was time to change interviews.

Mia and Peter both stood together. Mia indicated she was glad to be finished for the evening and Peter said he had a half hour break. "Mia, I can only think of one semi-private place we can talk and that is the chapel if that is ok with you." So Peter and Mia walked towards the chapel together. They sat together in a back pew and Peter leant in and kissed Mia. She returned the favour and found herself kissing him back. Her tongue was reaching into his mouth as his reached into hers and her arms were around his neck pulling him closer. Eventually they pulled away and both burst into fits of laughter.

"Mia, it's school holidays the week after next and I have a standing booking for 8 nights at a cottage in the mountains. It's two bedrooms so you don't have to worry about anything, and it has a stunning view and a grand piano, and I find it peaceful and I'd love it if you'd join me."

Mia could think of nothing nicer, "Peter, that sounds wonderful and Pete will be with my mum these holidays, however first, I have tomorrow off and could the three of us grab an ice-cream or something together after school and have a talk?" Peter agreed and told Mia he sincerely was looking forward to it. He even told Mia he knew of exactly the right place they should go.

Pete was inquisitive regarding the parent-teacher interviews and Mia told him that he was the model student and every teacher was thrilled with his work and as a treat they were going to go for ice-cream after school the following day. Pete was thrilled and asked if Nan could come too. Mia said that no, this was going to be a special kind of date.

Mia rolled up after school and Pete went to jump in the front seat, "Sorry mate, you're in the back!"

Pete was confused until he saw Mr Cranwell coming towards their car, "Sir, are you coming for ice-cream too?" Peter exclaimed in excitement.

Peter was pleased with Pete's response. He had been doing a lot of thinking since his extended interview with Mia, "And Pete, when we aren't in school, or choir, or cricket, you don't have to call me Sir, I know you're known as Pete and things could get confusing, but could you perhaps call me just P?" Pete agreed and the three of them smiled. Peter grabbed Mia's hand and planted a kiss and Pete yelled "Gross you two- get a room!" The three of them laughed. Ice-cream was a huge hit. Peter knew of a place that sold weird combinations that really appealed to an 11-year-old boy. Mia smiled as she observed Peter and Pete interact. Peter could be as goofy as her son and both of them made her laugh.

As they walked back to the car, Pete walked in front and Peter held Mia's hand. Suddenly Pete turned around and said "So P and Mum, I was wondering and Ms Hockey was not much use, but I asked her about babies and if they come if you are married or not and she said something about values and I was wondering if you both value babies?"

Mia stopped dead in her tracks. She looked at Peter and could see he was trying not to laugh, "Mate, we had a chat at school but let me continue a little. I really like your mum. I think she's funny and smart and kind and caring and well she's sexy too," Pete pretended to cover his years at the last comment, "but we are still getting to know each other. I'd like to think one day that I could become a dad, but that does not mean I need to have a baby- it means I need to be special in the life of a child and that may be a child that my partner, whoever she is, already has and that will make me a dad as much as any baby that my partner and I might make together."

Peter looked at Mia and was pleased to see her smiling. She added, "Honey, P makes a lot of sense, but we can't rush things. I'll tell you what though, P and I are going to be spending some time together in the holidays and I think by the end of it we should have a fair idea whether or not we want to keep seeing each other." She looked across at Peter and could see him smiling.

Pete was deep in thought, "Hmm, well P, I'd like to invite you to my place for tea this weekend so you can meet my Nan." Mia gave Peter a nod in agreeance and he agreed. As Peter and Mia were already engaged on Saturday evening, they made plans for Sunday.

When they returned to school to drop Peter off, Pete told them both he was sitting with his eyes closed in case they wanted to kiss. Peter told Pete it didn't matter if his eyes were closed or not because he was not going to ask his permission, he was going to ask Mia's and he kind of assumed he knew what her answer would be! It was a brief kiss, but again it was tender and heartfelt. Peter commented that cricked dinner would not be the same without Mia cooking and Mia said she would try and catch up with Peter when she picked Pete up from training.

On getting home, Pete came and gave his mum the biggest hug and simply said, "I like P, Mum, I really like him."

"So do I, honey, so do I" replied his mother. Pete was doing homework and Thursday evenings were Margaret's Bridge night, so Pete and Mia were home alone. When Pete went to bed, Mia checked her phone. There was a text from Peter "So Mama Mia, when did I say you could call me P, that's meant to be Pete's nickname for me, we must come up with something else for you, you sexy beast! Also, you still haven't told me about work and your night off and court?" Mia messaged that she was going to have a shower and she would ring.

As Mia applied moisturiser to her legs she thought of Peter and wondered what it would feel like to have him rub lotion down her legs. She felt a familiar feeling between her legs and remembered she had to call him. Twice in a day he had called her sexy and she was beginning to wonder if she could perhaps be. Mia explained she had taken her complaint against Nick to HR and the police. Peter told her she should have tipped the champagne down him at the opera, but Mia reminded him that would be a waste of good champagne.

Mia realised she enjoyed talking with Peter and he was easy to talk with. She asked about his week and he said that parent-teacher interviews had been better than some terms as he only had three parents offer their sisters, or in one case their brother to him! Mia could not stop laughing, "I guess we'll soon be school gossip," she offered, but Peter reminded her that it would hardly be gossip, and anyway, they should let the Pam's of this world talk as they were just jealous.

Peter chose not to dine with the cricket mums that week but came out of his cottage and sat in the car with Mia whilst she waited for Pete. They talked and looked at each other and laughed and smiled and kissed. There was a tap at the window- it was Pete, "Ahem, excuse me but really you two need to get a room!" Peter and Mia laughed, and Mia said her farewells.

Dinner on Saturday evening was lovely. Mia could see why Peter enjoyed the company of Matthew Wallace. He was a smart articulate man. She discovered Josie was his second wife and they had been married ten years. They had no children together, but Matthew had two children from his first marriage and they now counted his five grandchildren as theirs. Matthew and Peter offered to do the dishes and Josie and Mia retired to the lounge.

Josie enquired about Mia's work and Mia commented that she was tiring of shift work. She could see a knowing smile cross Josie's face however she could not work out what it meant. She learnt Josie was a lawyer, but after years as a successful barrister, she now worked for an asylum seeker charity in a mainly volunteer capacity. She told Mia she had been trying to get Matthew and the school more involved in the charity, but nothing precise had come up yet.

It was not a late night and Peter and Mia did not have a lot of time alone. Peter walked Mia to her car and joked about climbing in and fogging up the windows, but he reminded Mia that she had to work the following morning so sent her come with several tender, sensuous kisses. When she got home, Mia remembered she had not thought of what to cook for dinner the following night for Peter. He would be meeting her mother again after a while and she wanted things to be perfect. She was flicking through a cookbook when Pete came in and told her that he had everything under control and he was cooking tea with Nan. Mia knew her mother was a good cook and was relieved that the pressure had been taken from her shoulders.

Work was steady for a Sunday. Mia worked with Nancy again and the two of them had their lunch breaks together. Nancy asked after Peter and Mia could not stop smiling. She told Nancy that the two of them were going away for a week together and she had told herself she was going to be open to the idea of sexual intimacy.

Mia arrived home to a familiar deep laugh coming from her loungeroom. Peter was already there and he and Pete were building Lego together. "Mia, I'm sorry, but Pete asked me on Friday if I could come over just after lunch, I should have checked it with you."

Mia smiled, "It's fine! It's been a long sift and I need a shower."

The two Peters continued with the Lego and she went into the kitchen where her mum was making her famous lasagne, "Oh Mum, you know that's my favourite! Thank-you!" Her mother poured her a glass of wine and sent her for a shower.

Mia felt cheeky being naked in the room next to where Peter was. She looked at her body in the mirror. She thought her breasts sagged a little, but they didn't really, and she noticed the stretch marks on her belly from her pregnancy. Most of all she wondered about her 'new vagina' as the doctor had described it almost 10 years ago. She had not made any use of it, except for Nick who pushed himself on her and she admitted to herself she was scared.

There was a knock at her door, "Mum, come on, hurry up, you have to see our Lego!" Mia threw on jeans and a t-shirt and joined the others in the lounge. Peter sat next to her on the couch and held her hand. At one stage Pete came along and tried to squeeze in between them, "I don't want to see you two canoodling, otherwise I will have to send you to your room, Mum and P too!" Margaret smiled as she heard this conversation coming in to tell them dinner was ready. Conversation between the four of them flowed freely around the dining table. Peter was also impressed with Margaret's lasagne. Pete told Peter about his upcoming holiday with his Nan. They were leaving on Saturday for two weeks.

After dinner had been cleared away and Margaret had packed plenty of leftovers for Peter to have for lunch for the next week, Margaret excused herself to her flat. Mia had been reading Harry Potter to Pete each night but Pete asked if perhaps P could read a chapter to him that night. Pete lay in bed with P on one side and his mother on the other. To him it was the perfect day- Lego building, Lasagne and two grownups who weren't both women, putting him to bed. Peter read the chapter beautifully with such expression and Pete asked if P could come over every night to read to him!

Mia and Peter sat on the couch snuggling into each other, "I saw Pete had a photo of his dad next to his bed, have you told him much about his dad?"

Mia explained that Pete had no memories of Brad, good or bad and she had kept it simple, "Pete, your dad was a proud policeman who tried to do good. I wonder though if he picks up that I hardly ever talk about him and I have no photos of him apart from that one?"

"Mia, I have really enjoyed this afternoon with Pete and Margaret and you, but I need to get home," Peter said as he kissed Mia on the head, Mia offered to drive, but Peter refused saying he wanted to walk part of the way before catching a bus. He took his leftovers and two of them kissed each other goodnight on Mia's doorstep.