All Comments on 'X-Ray Vision Ch. 12: Exposed'

by Elaine_Mature

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
TalonDCTalonDC5 months ago

This feels like a great ending. Whether it's the last or not, I want to thank you for this series. Really creative concept and execution, memorable characters, and impressive writing.

Elaine_MatureElaine_Mature5 months agoAuthor

Ok, this hit a good note at the end, a good place to stop!

But I have like ten pages of notes, things developed and outlined and some great dialog, scenes that it would be a shame to just lose.

If we call this the end of this story, which I am good with, then there will be two more shorts, from this world.

The first, the wedding day and beyond, pure fan-service, all lovely and everybody gets to make an appearance!

Second, scenes from the future. Hard to read, some of it, a Family changed, a world changed by Family.

Was hard to write, very hard, so I don't want that to be in vain.

Sound good? Anything I shouldn't leave out?

Elaine_MatureElaine_Mature5 months agoAuthor

Thank you TalonDC! It was a joy to write, the characters making their own dialog, the plot progression unfolding without effort.

The writing was pretty good sometimes, for me. Uneven other times. So much to put down, so many errors! I tried to get timeline coherent, but sometimes the days went by too fast or too slow, I had to presume time-and-events not in evidence! Once a chapter is published it's kind of canon, so oops! just roll with it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I repeat what TalonDC wrote below. This was thoughtful, feel-good. I miss these characters and the experiences you brought me through. Dennis

ShotThroughTheHeartShotThroughTheHeart5 months ago

Another great installment in this series, loved it so much. One of my favorite series on here. Got registered finally, followed you first thing. If you write more, Imma read it, no doubt! 👍

Elaine_MatureElaine_Mature5 months agoAuthor

Sure thing, ShotThroughTheHeart! Another Epilogue chapter in the works, can't promise it will drop before the New Year though.

AardieAardie4 months ago

This seems like a pretty abrupt ending. I’m not sure why you felt like you had to bring it in for a landing. This could keep going for a long time but I guess you are tired of these characters. I will miss this story.

Elaine_MatureElaine_Mature4 months agoAuthor

Not tired, Aardie! But it's 140,000 words, they've resolved most of their personal issues, all the characters are in a good place and the future seems bright!

I do have another release underway, covering the spring events and then two jumps into the future. Which leaves plenty of room for filling in, taking from their lives in that gap if there's interest.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElaine_Mature@Elaine_Mature
Older author and reader, interested in emotionally significant writing with empathy and respect. New story on its last draft, about coming-of-age and a road trip. Not sure what to call it, but it features three young women catching a ride with a farm boy, headed for the big c...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES