You are Definitely Going to Hell Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She finished every letter with that," I say.

"And you speak this?"

"iw iars ud," I say.

Maria laughs again, "You two are nuts, but I appreciate you telling me. I understand what telling me means, and I take that to heart," Maria says sincerely. "It's possibly the most romantic thing anyone has ever done," she's still beaming.

I pack the car, and we are on our way. I will stay the night at Maria's place before returning tomorrow for two days of not being together.

I arrived home around six the following day after spending the night at Maria's house. As promised, we weren't allowed to share the same bedroom, we just spent the day together, which allowed us to recover from our marathon. Maria showed me around the area she grew up in and introduced me to some of her friends, who we met in the local restaurant. They seemed nice enough, but only one appeared to like me. There was an edge to the night, and I felt slightly uncomfortable.

Maria noticed, and when her friends were distracted trying to impress the waiter, she leaned in and whispered, "Ignore them. They have always hated men generally. All have had their hearts broken at some stage, and only one is in a relationship worth talking about."

"Hilary?" I say, getting a nod in response. I smile and kiss her cheek just before we are asked what we want to order.

Surprisingly, mum is in the kitchen when I walk in. "Hello dear, just got back from Maria's," she says, stating the obvious.

"Hi, Mum. Yes, I just got back. What are you home for?"

"Last day, and we finished early. Your dad's been home all day." She then smiles, well smirks. I hate it when she does that. "I wasn't looking forward to this Christmas, but now it looks like it will be the best for a while." She walks around to the side of the table where I'm sat. I get an uneasy feeling as she opens her arms and hugs me. My head forced between her bosoms, as she kisses the top of my head before saying, "Thank you, Robert."

Then it's over, and I can breathe again. "Mother, all this affection you are showing, people will think you actually care," I say, instantly regretting my words.

The look my mother gives me hits me harder than I thought possible. "Oh, Robert, that's uncalled for," she says, looking like I had hit her.

"What is Dor?" my dad says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Your son just said that people would think I cared about him with all the affection I am showing lately."

There's a look of terror on my dad's face. What is he meant to say? He knows I am right, but does he have the guts to say, or will he support his wife? I look at him, waiting for a reaction, but then I decide to bail him out. "You're right as always, Mum. That was wrong of me to say; I know you love me in your own way and I should not have said that." I get up and walk over, wrapping my arms around her. I look at my dad, and he mouths 'thank you' to me. At first, mum is stunned, but after a couple of seconds, she wraps her arms around me. "Sorry, Mum," I reiterate.

Mum clears her throat and gets herself together. "There are some messages by the phone for you, Robert," she says, breaking out of the embrace.

"Am I forgiven?" I ask.

"Nothing to forgive. I know we haven't been perfect parents to you," she replies, patting me on the chest. "It just hurts to be shown your shortcomings," she adds.

I walk into the hallway and pick up the pad. Clive and Andy both called yesterday, Bec will call me again later, Jenny also called. "Mum, is it okay if I call Clive and Jenny back?" I ask.

"Yes, dinner is in fifteen minutes," she calls back.

"Hi, is Clive there?..... Rob Johnson," I say. "Hello mate, what's on?"

"Hey, Rob. I'm glad you rang back. The gang is definitely hitting the town Saturday night, and everyone is coming. Are you still in?"

"Yeah, sounds good..... Oh and there will be one extra, my girlfriend. Is that okay?"

"Your girlfriend? Who's this, and why am I only now hearing about it?"

"Long story and no time. Just know that her name is Maria. Who else will be there?"

"Nice change of subject, mate," Clive says. "Okay, all of the Saturday gang. Also, Charlie's boyfriend, Simon. I think Nick and Andy are bringing their girlfriends, Candy, and Rose."

"Shit, I'm so out of touch. There's a lot to catch up on. Want to get a coffee tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah, usual place at eleven?"

"Sounds good; see you tomorrow," I say, hanging up.

I look at the pad and frown. "Mum, is Jenny at her mother's place?"

"Yes, she's there for Christmas, I think. We didn't have time to have a long chat."

"Okay," I answer while dialling Jenny's number. "Hello, Mrs. Lake, is Jenny there, please...Rob," I say when Jenny's mother answers the phone.

"Hello, Rob; thanks for calling me back. How did the wedding go?"

I tell Jenny what happened at the wedding and then say. "Anyway, you didn't call about the wedding. Is everything okay?"

"Yes and no. Nathaniel has thrown me out, and that's why I am back at mum's. They have accepted me back as long as I follow what I have said about Uni. So my question is, are you still okay with what you said the other week?"

"Yes, Jenny. Get everything sorted, and I will pay what's needed." I hear Jenny breathe out in relief.

"Thanks, Rob; I was thinking of coming to Edinburgh, but my parents said.....well, you can guess what they said. I'll be in touch after the New Year," she says, sounding almost in tears.

"Jenny, remember what I said. I will always be here for you, and you will always be welcome anywhere I am," I say.

"Thanks, Rob; I will let you go now and speak when I know what I am doing. Bye, Rob, and Merry Christmas."

"See you later, Jenny, and Merry Christmas," I reply.

I walk into the cafe across from the cinema. It's about the only thing in town that has stayed the same. "Hi, Clive, Nick. Does anyone want anything? "

"Coffee and two plates of chips," Andy shouts back.

I order the food and sit down. Luckily, I went into the bank on the way to the cafe to get rid of the excess money. I still need a couple of gifts, but I saw the perfect gift for Maria on the way, in a jewellery shop.

I walk over to the table, put the coffee in front of Nick, and sit with my tea. "So, how have you two been?"

"Good, I'm still with Sharon; I'm going to ask her to marry me Christmas day, in front of all my family."

"Then he's coming out with us, to drown his sorrows!" Nick jokes.

"Ha ha," Clive says flatly. "Both Karen and Michelle are seeing guys you will meet on Saturday. There will be fourteen of us in total. "

I look at Nick with a straight face and then at Clive. "That's great, mate. I rang Maria last night, and she's looking forward to meeting you all."

"I bet she's eager to meet Charlie more," Clive says.

"Possibly, she knows the score between Charlie and me, so don't try to stir the crap, Nick." Nick gives a shocked look and holds his hands to his chest. "Yes, you," I say to hammer the point home.

"So tell us about Maria," Clive says. I spend the next ten minutes telling the guys about Maria and how we met. Our parents were once close, and we had known each other before they moved away. "Sounds a bit like Jenny, but what are the chances of you starting a relationship with someone you already met?"

"You're not the first to say that," I say.

Nick gets up to go to the toilet. "So, what will happen with Charlie now that you have found true love?" Clive asks.

I stare at him for a second. He's become very good at reading people. "I don't know, we weren't looking for a relationship and fell in love. Anyway, the way Charlie has been talking on the phone, she's engrossed in her relationship with Simon."

"Yeah, you're not wrong, but it's made Saturday night much more interesting," Clive says.

"Why's Saturday more interesting?" Nick asks as he overhears the end of what Clive said.

"Because dick-edd, Rob is bringing Maria, and Charlie will have Simon," Clive says, rolling his eyes.

"So Rob, if Charlie is a solid eight, what is Maria?" Nick asks.

I'm a bit taken aback by this. I know the answer, but I feel it is wrong to answer. "I'm the wrong person to ask Nick. You can tell me on Saturday."

"That's a bit of a cop-out," Clive says. "But I know what you mean."

I'm sitting in my room wrapping the last gifts I've bought over the previous two days. I don't normally buy many presents, but I think I've done well with Maria and her parents coming over this evening.

I'm done and pleased with myself. As I sit on my bed with a manuscript for a new game. This is another game I have been given for the Sega group. I've found the issue and started to map out what part of the program does what. It's a game called Fighter Jet Pilot, but I have suggested they change the name to AfterBurner. I'm in the process of cleaning up some of the lines and changing the display around a little to look more like a cockpit. It will do well, especially after the Top Gun film a few years back. This program is slightly different because it can be used in arcade games as well as on the home console. The program I am doing has many sub-programs for different types of controls and had a similar problem as the very first one I did when I first met Jin.

A car horn catches my attention. I stretch enough to see Jason Hunter's car pulling into our driveway. There's enough room for four or five cars, so he should be able to park his Range Rover easily.

As the front door opens, my mother's excited voice calls me down. As I walk down the stairs, I hear a squeal as two sets of old friends greet each other.

I stand at the front door, leaning against the door jam. Maria sees me and comes, almost running over. She throws her arms around me and kisses me full on the lips. "I've missed you so much," she says.

"You're not the only one," I say. "I didn't realize how much one person could miss another," I say into her ear.

"I know, right," she says, beaming at me.

"Mum's bought the entire Sainsbury's Christmas aisle," I say.

"Robert, come and help get all this stuff in, will you?" My mother shouts. I walk back into the hallway and put on my slip-on trainers.

As I near the car, Anna pulls me into a hug. "You didn't think you were going to get away without hugging me, did you, mister?"

"Never crossed my mind, Anna," I say, then kiss her lips. "Happy Christmas, Anna." Her eyes widen at my audacity as I let her go and walk around the back of the RangeRover. "Christ, where's the kitchen sink?" I ask, looking at all the luggage.

Jason laughs and slaps my back. "This is what you have to cart around when you have two women with you," he laughs.

We finally get everything into the house, and Maria touches the back of my hand to get my attention. "Those two bags need to go up in your room, Rob," she says quietly, so there's no fuss.

I grab the bags, and Maria follows me up. Our parents all look at each other. "Are you okay with them staying in the same room?" My mother says.

"We didn't allow it at our place, but I guess we will have to accept it," Anna says. Then she adds, "Did Rob tell you what I said to him the first time we met?"

I roll my eyes at Maria as my mother says, "No, do tell."

We walk out of range, and I put the two bags on my bed. "Christ baby, have you bought enough clothes?" I say.

"I wasn't sure what to bring, so I brought everything," she says. She gives me a nervous smile. "Saturday is a big deal, baby. I want to make the right impression," she says.

I pull her into my arms. "Hey, you will be fine. Just be yourself, and they will love you," I say. We kiss and hold each other for a while before going back downstairs.

Our parents are in the lounge chatting. Our mothers have a glass of wine, and dads have a tin each. I smile; there's rarely so much laughter in the house. Maria and I leave them to whatever and sit in the kitchen talking.

"Want to go for a walk in town?" Maria asks. "Maybe get a drink and get some fresh air. I've been stuck in the back of the car for ages."

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" I say.

We get into town just as many shops are shutting for Christmas Eve. There are still several people milling around trying to get that last-second gift. We park on the same street Mr. Peter's estate agent is on and get out. As we walk past the window, I peer in; I see a picture of an old house I recognize in the town centre that's up for sale. This house is incredible and has an eight-foot wall built around its border.

"Wow, Mrs. Payne's house is up for auction," I say.

Maria leans in and looks at the house. "Looks quite run down," she says.

"Yeah, she was quite old, but it looks like it's been empty for a while. I did a school project on the place," I say. "I've always loved the look of the house, and Mrs. Payne was a lovely lady. She was one of dad's early clients and helped me with the history side of things," I add.

"It almost has a gothic look," Maria says. "Is it far from here?"

"No, it's opposite the church, off Church Street," I say. "The original house was built on the site around 1426. It was the area's manor house and was part of the royal estate until the mid - 1900's. The church was part of the original manor. Rumours have it that Henry VIII kept one of his wives there before he got rid of the previous one. It's been extended three times and has a preservation order on it," I say enthusiastically.

"Let's go and look," Maria says with a smile.

We walk toward the church and then turn left down Church Street. Our destination at the end looks dark and ominous. We stop at the ten-foot iron gate that gives you the only view of the house. Set in its own walled gardens, Mrs. Payne's house can only be just made out in the gloom. The place is looking very run down. I remember walking around the gardens and talking with Mrs. Payne about the history. Back then, she had a gardener who helped to keep the house in good condition.

"It seems a real shame that such a historic place has been left like this," I say.

"Yeah. When's the auction?"

The week after the new year," I reply. "Why want to bid?"

"I would have laughed at you last month. We need to talk about it, maybe go halves," Maria says, looking at me. "It would tie us together and give us a base."

I step back. "You're serious," I say, amazed. "These places take a lot of maintenance and looking after."

"I know, I'm not stupid, but you must admit you would love to own this place and restore it to its former glory. We can do that together."

"Yeah, it was a big dream of mine for years, but can we?"

"Why not? We are both in a position to do so, and you know you will regret it if you don't. Let's look into it at least, Rob, please?"

"Okay, let's talk with Jack and find out more," I say.

Maria jumps into my arms excitedly. "Yay, " she says. " I love you so much, but know this: I want something that ties us together."

"If I didn't know you better, I would think you are proposing to me," I say.

Maria stops still and looks me in the eye. "Now there's a thought," she replies.

We walk up the Peters' new drive. It's lined with lights. I ring the doorbell, instantly hearing Ruby start to cry. "Oops," I say, looking at Maria.

"Hang on," we hear Jill say. The hallway light comes on, and we hear the door locks being undone. The door opens, and I see Jill's face light up as she sees who has woken her youngest. "Hello, Rob, Maria. Come in out of the cold," Jill says.

"Hi, Jill. Sorry for waking Ruby," I say.

Jill smiles at me, "It's okay. She's due for a feed soon, anyway. So, how was the wedding?"

"Who's at the door, Jill?" Jack calls from upstairs.

"It's Rob and Maria," Jill shouts back.

"Oh, hi, Rob. I'll come down. This little lady wants some attention," he says.

"Right. Cup of tea?" Jill says as she leads us into the lounge.

"That sounds good," Maria says, smiling.

As we walk into the lounge, I spot Aaron sitting in his highchair with toast and a beaker. His face goes from a grin to a concern as two strange people walk in. Then he seems to recognize me and grins, throwing his arms in the air and then showing me what he's got.

"Hello, Aaron," I say, avoiding contact. I say he's eating toast, but it's more like making toast into mush. To his delight, I kiss the top of his head before quickly moving clear of his slimy hands.

"Hello, you two," Jack says as he walks in with Ruby being winded on his shoulder. "Hey, Rob, see if your magic works with this young lady?" Jack says, thrusting Ruby into my arms.

"Magic?" Maria says, smiling.

"Yeah, he's got a knack; Aaron falls asleep easily when he's in the room." Jack gasps as Ruby stops grumbling and looks at this strange man now holding her.

I think to myself, 'It's like they know who I am.' I look up at Maria and ask, "Do you want a hold?"

"Why. Are you afraid of dropping her?" Maria says, moving over to have a closer look. "You best keep hold of her."

"It'll be different when you have your own," Jack says.

"Rob's always had a phobia about anyone younger than him," Jill says as she walks back in with a tray. She sits and asks, "Have you come over about the babysitting?"

"Partly, but the main reason we've come over is that I noticed Mrs. Payne's old house is up for auction," I say, being distracted.

Jill gasps. "That's right; you did that project on the place."

"Yes, we want to know what you think a place like that will go for." Maria adds.

Jack laughs. "I think it will be a little out of your league, Rob. But a hundred Grand should stop the sale if you want to put an offer in before the auction. The place has been on the market for a while, and the family won't sell to a developer."

"I can believe that Mrs. Payne put some stipulation in her will," I say, still holding Ruby, who is now sucking my finger.

"Yes, she stipulated that if any of her children wanted to inherit the place, they had to restore it to its former glory. The problem is, none of them can afford it, so it's being sold. Any potential buyer has to be vetted by Christine, her eldest daughter."

"I met her several times when I visited," I say. I look at Maria and ask, "So what do you think?"

Maria looks at me, not expecting to be brought into the conversation. "Oh, um, that doesn't sound too bad. What do you think it will cost to get the place up to spec?"

"You can double that plus VAT," Jack says.

"Less than I thought," I said. I look at Maria with a 'what do you think' look. She smiles and nods. "Okay, Jack, put in the offer," I say.

Jack laughs like we are joking. When he sees our straight faces, he looks at Jill. Jill shrugs, pulls a wet wipe out of a packet, and begins cleaning Aaron up. "You're serious, but how can you afford that?"

"It is a lot of money, Rob. You'd need to spend a quarter of a million before you could move in," Jill says.

I look at Jill flatly. "I got paid more than that last month," I say. There's silence in the room.

"And I'm a millionaire," Maria says, breaking Jack and Jill out of their shocked look. "We're going halves," she adds.

"Wow," is all Jack can say. "I guess I'll put your proposition forward," he adds.

"So, when do you need me to look after these two?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Oh, um, not sure," Jill says. She looks at her husband. "Next Wednesday, the day before New Year's Eve," she adds.

"That's fine. Maria is off skiing, so I'm free."

"Oh, will you be back by the 4th? It's the Monday after New Year," Jill asks.

"Yes. Why?" Maria asks.

"We are thinking of having a dinner party. It was Liz's idea before we go back to school."

"Oh, I like Liz," Maria says.

"Oh, when did you meet Liz?" Jack asks.

"Never mind that," Jill says, deflecting the conversation. "Can you come?"

"Let Rob know the details and we'll be there," Maria answers, and then looks at me to check that that's okay. As soon as she looks my way, her face changes. Jill and Jack look at me to see what Maria is looking at, and Ruby has fallen asleep in my arms. Jack gets up, trying not to make too much noise.