You Can Go Home Again

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So why do you want me to be her daddy? You can't take me in public without me acting like an immature asshole. You leave her with me and I get her lost in the woods. I love her to pieces, Ripley, but I'm afraid I'll..." I couldn't finish. I hid my face in my hands as the tears came again.

I felt Ripley's hands on my wrists. I opened my eyes; she was kneeling in front of me. Her own eyes were wet.

"Kaine, you are her daddy. You know it, I know it, and most of all, she knows it. I had to do a lot of growing up to be a Mom, but I did it. I had to: she was depending on me. Now it's your turn. You'll have some bad moments, like today. I did, too. But you'll have something I didn't have."

"What?"

"I'll be right here with you, as much as you let me, as long as you let me. I'll help you, like your parents helped me. We'll do it together."

Our eyes met, and we both wanted the same thing, but there was something else we had to deal with first.

"Can I ask you something?"

She leaned her elbows on her knees, cupping her pointed little chin in her hands. "Shoot," she said.

"Last Saturday, I had Makenna," I began. "She wanted pizza for supper and I called in to The Cellar to get it."

I saw the light go on in her eyes. "When we went to pick it up I saw you there with some guy. You were holding hands and it looked like you were pretty serious. Who is he, Ripley?"

"An asshole," she said. "His name is Jeff, Jeff Conley. He's the station manager over at The Eagle. I went out with him for a while. He was much more serious than I was. I quit going out with him after I finally got you to talk to me that first time at the pool. He was pretty upset about that and I agreed to meet with him and tell him why it was over. He didn't take it well."

"He was holding both your hands, and it looked like you were about to kiss him from where we were standing," I said. "Are you lying to me, Ripley?"

Her eyes flashed dangerously. "What the hell is wrong with you, Kaine?" she spat out. "No, I wasn't going to kiss him."

"Then why was he holding both your hands, if you were telling him it was over?"

She sighed. "I told him I would let him have his say. It wouldn't change anything, and I thought he'd get it over with quicker if I let him hold my hands. I was telling him not to call me anymore. He's been practically stalking me. Are you jealous? Well, you don't need to be."

"Are you still wearing the diamond he gave you?"

"What? What on earth are you talking about?" She was totally confused.

"The diamond stud he gave you for your belly button. Are you still wearing that?"

"Kaine, will you for once get your head out of your ass? Did it ever occur to you that I might have bought it for myself? I can afford things like that, better than either he or you can, so why not? I saw a friend wearing one, thought it looked cool, and bought one."

Okay, now I really felt stupid. Before I could say anything, she went on.

"And then you pulled your usual trick of running away. If you'd stuck around a little while, you'd have seen him spit in my face and call me a 'ball-breaking bitch'. You'd have seen me slap the asshole and walk out. Did you see that, Kaine?"

"No, I didn't," I said. "I wanted to get Makenna out of there before she saw you."

"Oh," she said. We were both sitting there feeling stupid, then our eyes met, and we were laughing together.

"He spit on you? Jesus, Ripley, that's some boyfriend."

She smiled wryly. "Yeah, I can pick them, right? The man I love moves to freaking Alaska to get away from me. Then I get a creepy stalker who spits in my face."

"I'm sorry, Ripley," I said. "I shouldn't have run away like that. I was hurting, okay?"

She reached out and ran her fingers down my cheek, trailing fire that burned long after the touch was gone. "I know," she said softly. "I'm sorry I caused that hurt, Kaine. I've been thinking about that. I know I told you I didn't regret moving out, but I'm not sure of that any more. I do know that from here on, I want us to deal with everything together, if you'll let me. Can we get past all that hurt?"

"I don't know," I admitted. "Do you want to try?"

"More than anything," she said.

Our lives began to fall into a pleasant routine. I had Makenna on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. We tried to do something together as a family at least twice a week. We still had our issues and awkward moments, but they were getting fewer and farther between.

Ripley and I were dating again. We still hadn't gotten very intimate. We'd had some hot make out sessions, but we hadn't jumped in the sack. I think we were both being cautious, not wanting to push ourselves, or each other. We'd been dancing around it and I had a perpetual case of blue balls. I think we both knew it was just a matter of time, but we wanted it to be just right.

Ripley had a Saturday off, and we took Makenna to a movie at the mall in the afternoon. We took her to the food court for one of those orange smoothie things and we were sitting at a table watching her eat it. I saw Ripley glance up over my shoulder, and she leaned down, hissing at me.

"Uh, oh," she said. "Here comes trouble. Jeff Conley is coming over here." We both stood up and watched him approach.

"Jeff," Ripley said, "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think, bitch?" he said, "I'm here to take you and the brat back where you belong."

"Jeff," Ripley said calmly and slowly, "I told you, I found my ex-husband, and I'm trying to work things out so that we can get back together."

"Well, I'm telling you that we're not through until I say we're through, so pick up the little brat and let's go. You can't just dump me anytime you want. I dump women, they don't dump me."

He moved toward Ripley, and I felt her bristling, so I got in between them. "Listen, Mr. Conley," I told him. "This is my wife and no one talks to her like that. I think you should calm down and leave. She and Makenna aren't going anywhere. You don't want to cause any trouble."

"Trouble?" he sneered. "You don't know what trouble is, wimp boy."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a straight razor! Who the fuck even has a straight razor anymore?

Before I could react, he was taking a swipe at me, and Ripley came flying in between us, getting a nasty gash on her arm. She screamed and crumpled to the floor, blood gushing from her arm. I think he was a little shocked and I took advantage, grabbing his wrist pulling it under my armpit and getting a good lock on it. The razor fell to the floor and I dropped, putting my full 220 pounds on that arm. I heard some tearing and he screamed, falling to the floor behind me. I rolled, keeping that arm locked up and he gave a thin shriek. That ended quickly as I elbowed him six times in the face. He went limp.

I looked at Ripley. Her face was white, and blood was gushing out of the wound.

Makenna was screaming. "Mamma! My Mamma's hurt!"

I pulled off my belt to make a tourniquet.

"Somebody call 911," I yelled as I knelt beside Ripley, wrapping the belt around her arm.

One of the passersby was a nurse, and took over the tourniquet.

"Take off your shirt," she said.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Take off your shirt," she said again, "and apply pressure to the wound."

I did as she said, then I noticed all the blood, and wondered how she could survive losing so much blood.

She must have sensed my unease.

"Don't worry," she said, "it looks worse than it is."

I wasn't sure if she meant it, or was just trying to reassure me, but I had no choice but to believe her; the alternative was too horrible to imagine.

It seemed like it took forever, but finally the paramedics arrived to whisk Ripley off to the hospital.

Makenna and I had to wait for a few minutes while the police hauled Conley off and I gave them a brief statement, promising to come in to the station as soon as I made sure that Ripley was going to be all right.

By the time we got to the hospital, Ripley was already in surgery. Makenna and I went to the waiting room and I spent the next few minutes calming her down, then I called our parents so that they could come down, as well.

While I waited for our parents to arrive, I had time to really think about our relationship, going all the way back to our break-up until today.

I couldn't imagine the Ripley who left me to "find herself" throwing herself in front of a lunatic swinging a straight razor. Could she really have changed that much? I certainly hoped so. I wanted Ripley and Makenna in my life. Would that mean re-marrying Ripley? That was a question for another day.

My parents and Ripley's parents arrived at about the same time. Fortunately, I'd had a chance to clean up and the hospital gave me a smock to wear.

Makenna ran right over to her grandparents, and they took turns holding her on the other side of the room while I told them what happened.

The doctor came out with good news. While the wound was deep, and Ripley had lost a lot of blood, it wasn't serious otherwise and she should make a full recovery.

She was still unconscious in Recovery, but should be able to have limited visitors soon.

Makenna wanted her mother, but she was very tired. My parents lived closer, so they took her home, and Ripley's parents and I sat down for our nervous vigil.

It was only a couple of hours before a nurse came out.

"Is there a Mr. Kaine here?" she asked.

"I'm Kaine," I said, but it's just Kaine, that's my first name."

"Well, Kaine, Ms. O'Keefe is awake and she's asking for you."

I stood up to follow the nurse; as her parents stood up the nurse said, "The patient only wants Kaine for the moment."

Her parents weren't thrilled, but complied with Ripley's wishes.

As I looked into the room, she looked all washed out, but when I walked in, she brightened right up.

"Oh, Kaine," she said, "I'm so glad you're all right. I was so worried about you."

"You were worried about me?" I asked, flabbergasted. "You took that slash on your arm for me, I was afraid that I was going to lose you again."

"Kaine, the only way you're ever going to lose me is to run away again."

"Ripley, I'll never run away from you again. I still love you; I've always loved you and never stopped loving you. I tried to stop, to make the pain go away, but it didn't work. Now I love you more than ever. All I want is for you and Makenna to be in my life."

"Kaine, I hope by now you realize that I've always loved you. I haven't always been smart, or acted like a grownup, but I've always loved you. All that I've ever wanted is a second chance to show you just how much I love you. I'll never love anyone else or leave you again."

I leaned over and gave her a soft kiss.

"Makenna went home with my parents, but yours are here, and I know that they would love to see you. I'll send them in, then I'm going to get some rest and bring Makenna and my folks in in the morning."

"Okay, Kaine, just promise me that you'll come back."

I gave her another kiss, a little harder this time.

"You can count on it, babe," I said with a wink.

I went back to the waiting room to give her parents the news. I called my folks, and then went home to clean up and get some rest.

I got up early, had a quick bite and went to my parents' to pick up Makenna.

My parents followed us to the hospital, and we had a nice visit with Ripley. The look of pure joy on her face when she saw Makenna gave me a thrill.

That little cherub went running across the room and threw herself on her mother. "Mamma, I was so scared," Makenna said.

"I'm sorry, baby," Ripley said, "Mamma didn't mean to scare you."

"It's all right; Nana and Grampa made me feel better."

Ripley mouthed, "Thank you," to my parents.

Ripley was going to have to stay in the hospital for another day, so I excused myself to take care of some business.

I went down to the police station, but it was just a formality: between the mall's security cameras and all the witnesses, they had Conley dead to rights and he was going away for a long time.

I got together with her parents to make my arrangements, then went back to spend the afternoon with Ripley, Makenna and the constant stream of visitors.

As we drove to the hospital to pick up Ripley the next day, I turned to Makenna.

"Remember, baby, this is a big secret, okay?" I made a "zip the lips" motion, and Makenna giggled and copied me.

The nurses brought Ripley to the car in a wheelchair, and as I helped her into the car, Makenna couldn't seem to stop giggling.

"Okay, you two," Ripley said, "what are you up to?"

Makenna just giggled, and I smiled like a sphinx.

I had told Ripley that she would be staying with me during her recuperation, so she wasn't surprised when we pulled into my driveway.

As we approached my door, Makenna said, "Close your eyes, Mamma."

As soon as I closed the door, Makenna told her to open her eyes.

Ripley gasped and broke down as she saw our parents standing in front of a big homemade sign:

"WELCOME HOME!!"

Ripley looked around, and saw many of her things placed around the living room, and Makenna's handprints on the sign.

She hugged her parents, then mine, and I saw my mother whisper, "Welcome home" with tears in her eyes.

I cooked up some burgers and dogs on the grill, and after we ate, our parents congratulated us on getting back together and left.

Makenna was getting sleepy so we put her to bed and since it was a special occasion, we let Atlas up on her bed.

We sat in the darkened living room sipping our wine, alone in our thoughts; Ripley snuggled into my shoulder.

"Tell me the truth, Ripley," I said. "Did you ever really think that we would get back to this?"

"Honestly?" she said, "I suppose in my wildest dreams I did. But realistically?"

I nodded.

"Realistically, I just hoped that we could be friends, that we could get along well enough to co-parent Makenna. Anything else is just icing on the cake."

I dropped my arm beside the couch.

"Well," I said, "I don't have any icing, but I do have this can of whipped cream!"

I brought my arm up and squirted some on her nose and licked it off, then chased her into the bedroom.

She must have still been weak, because I caught her just inside the door. I swept her up in my arms and carried her the rest of the way, our lips locked together.

I was careful not to hurt her arm. I set her down on her feet at the end of the bed and she slid into my arms, our lips meeting as we devoured each other. Those full puffy lips I remembered so well, that had filled my dreams since I first tasted them, were everything they promised, and more.

I crushed her against me and her arms went around my neck. We kissed for long minutes, our breath growing heavy and short. She pulled back a couple of inches and began tugging at my shirt, pulling it over my head and throwing it in the direction of a chair. She kissed her way down until she was kneeling before me, her hands opening my belt and sliding my jeans and boxers to the floor. I was rock-hard; the anticipation was almost too much.

She looked up at me with those shocking eyes, her lips formed a plush red cheerio and she planted them firmly on the tip of my cock. Slowly, the cheerio spread apart and slid down the shaft a couple of inches. I could feel her tongue, squirming energetically, teasing the sensitive area just under my head, swirling to the same area on top as she turned her head.

Her eyes never left mine, and she took more. I felt my cock bump against the back of her throat and she gagged a little. She backed off a fraction and then advanced again. I felt her swallow a couple of times, convulsively, and then she was moving forward until her nose was touching my belly. Somehow, she managed to get her tongue out, and it tickled my balls for a second. God, she was good! She pulled off for a second and gasped, then she attacked me, her lips sliding, using incredible suction and her tongue going mad. In two minutes, she had me on the edge.

"Ripley, I'm..."

Her hand came up and milked the portion of my cock not in her mouth and I exploded. I nearly collapsed as the sensation overcame my rational mind and I floated on the sea of ecstasy, just my cock and Ripley's hot mouth existing in my universe. She drained me dry and I had to sit on the edge of the bed. She let my wilting member slip free and I pulled her up for a kiss. She knew from experience that I didn't mind kissing her after she blew me. After that loving gift, it was the least I could do.

"God, baby," I breathed. "You nearly stopped my heart there."

"Just wait, there's much more," she murmured.

I stripped her, reveling in the soft firmness of her spectacular curves and valleys. I stood, picked her up and carried her to the side of the bed. I lowered her gently to the sheets and her hair surrounded her like a halo. "Don't move," I told her.

I went to the bathroom and found some scented massage oil. Perfect. I went back to the door and stood there, admiring the perfection that was Ripley. Her face was turned away from me and her eyes were closed. She looked like a fire goddess. "Ripley," I called softly. I had to see those eyes.

I saw them open and her head swung toward me, slowly and robotically. "God, Ripley," I breathed. She took my breath away with her beauty.

"There is no Ripley, only Zuul," she said, in a low demonic growl. I stood there for a second as she gazed at me, then we both burst into hysterical laughter.

I ran and pounced on her. She winced and I was instantly contrite. "I'm sorry, baby; did I hurt your arm?"

"Yes, but not much," she said. I put my nose against hers. I looked deeply into her eyes and we both burst into laughter again. God, how I'd missed this woman, this absurd, funny, brilliant and beautiful woman.

"Relax, beautiful," I told her when I could speak again. "I'm going to make your day."

"You already have," she said. "I'm home, Kaine. That made my decade."

"Mine, too," I said, rolling her to her stomach. That perfect ass jutted up at me and I gave it a spank. She squealed and I poured the oil on it, soothing and kneading the steely softness.

Epilogue:

Marley was scooting across the floor as fast as her eleven-month-old crawl could take her. Yeah, we have a fondness for M names for girls. Atlas rolled his eyes and saw her coming. He snorted a little, but didn't move anything other than his eyes. She crawled up and put both hands on his belly. One foot came up and waved feebly in the air, careful not to knock her off balance. She slowly pushed herself up, using him for a prop until she was standing. She wavered uncertainly for a moment and plopped down on her diaper with a little squeal. Makenna giggled from where she was cuddled up against my side. We were reading a book.

"She's silly, Daddy," she peeked up at me with those impossible huge blue eyes.

"Yeah, she is," I said.

The door opened and she stood there, backlit by the setting sun. She was gorgeous!

That long red hair fell down around her like a flame. She had on a tight skirt and top that showed off all her advantages, and she had plenty of advantages. She was gorgeous! She was also lethal and deceptive, and she would break your heart. She could also mend it, and I knew mine was safe in her care.