All Comments on 'You Can Go Home Again'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 796 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
And here they are, just like you promised

I read your story first, just to see what all the hoopla was about. Damn, lady, you don't need to take a back seat to anyone! This was a damn fine love story. At first, I hated Ripley. To tell you the truth, I didn't care much for Kaine, either.

You did what great authors do in great stories. You grew them both into characters I loved. I'll have to tell you though, Makenna stole the show. That little girl made me cry tears. Oh, and the huge dog was almost as good a character as the people. Wow, that was a hell of a story. There must be some people out there who can't read if they don't think this belongs with any list of authors, anywhere, any time. I wish I could give it ten stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A hell of a ride

It's 2:00 and I have to be up at 7:00. There was no way I was going to quit reading this. I think you answered all the critics. Anyone who says this story doesn't belong here has a problem. I've read dozens of your stories and you've never let me down. This was a direct injection of sugar to the blood stream. Pure pleasure. Just the sort of story I wish I'd saved until in the morning. I'd have a smile on my face all day. You made an old man laugh and cry.

Then, I was afraid I was going to wake my wife up laughing at that Ghost Busters thing. "Only Zuul!" That was pure, and just wicked! I got it. Ripley, Sigorney Weaver, Ghost Busters. Thanks for everything you did, and especially for writing this story. JPL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'm giving you a five

I haven't read your story yet, but I've read enough of them to know it's written as well as anything ever has been. I'm giving you the five for putting this together. I've read two of the stories, and they're everything I hoped they'd be. You deserve 1000 stars for doing this.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
YOU CAN GO HOME AGAIN

and work to make situations more compatable than before, TK U MLJ LV NV

dyonysosdyonysosabout 7 years ago
About the story

It's extremly well written,i just loved reading it,full marks girl

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you Randi so much!

You did a wonderful job putting together the Legends day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks wonderful story

Excellent

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Excellent

I was honored to do a pre-read on this, and thanks to Randi for organizing this great, great day on LW!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Well written.

I didn't like Ripley but your writing is very good.

I actually would not have ran away from Ripley but I wouldn't have taken her back either.

She was avidly hunting down her true love while continuously fucking another man.

The other guy knew more about Kaine's daughter than he did.

She was too fickle by far.

The station manager pulling a straight razor? Not buying but still really love your writing!

nonethewisernonethewiserabout 7 years ago
Ripley

You deserve highest grades if for no other reason but naming the character Ripley when a major plot element is whether to believe her or not. Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I dislike everybody

Except for the little girl

MacIntyreMacIntyreabout 7 years ago
Gotta love those redheads ....

In "Slip of the Tongue" DanielQSteele1 wrote about a man whose red-headed wife cheating on him with a fellow broadcaster. What made it interesting for me was that his love for his wife and his extraordinary attraction to her conflicted with his anger/sorrow for her betrayal. That conflict between heart, head and desire make for great stories. You have done the same here with your own red-headed goddess and her equally tormented ex-husband. I love how you draw on those raw passions for fodder - of course, add a cuddly little girl and her dog and you've got another winner.

There is absolutely a place here for your stories and even a little sweetness from time to time. There is way too much hurt, anger, violence and destruction of marriages and people - we all could use some heart now and then - even old farts like me - thank you.

Mac

weatherman70weatherman70about 7 years ago
very happy to have the Legends back

great read and story. It will take me a good portions of the day to get everyone read but I will.

Sidney43Sidney43about 7 years ago

A good story, Makenna is the jewel here, with both the parents a bit full of themselves. But then again, maybe that is why a childs innocence is so refreshing because we can see her in our minds as we read. I do think the scene at the food court was a bit over the top. Trying to assault him with a straight razor, in front of all those people, really?

I do want to thank you for the effort to get stories posted from people who can write. Frankly, the quality of stories and the subject matter has suffered of late.

bernard5bernard5about 7 years ago
Great Job!

Terrific story!

Dusu68Dusu68about 7 years ago
Glad that you are submitting stories here again

This one is a gem. I've missed seeing new submissions by you and am so glad that you gave us this one.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
A True Tour de Force

On both this wonderful story , and on Legends Day as a whole !

Now on the story , I think in fact they both did marry too soon , as neither were paragons of maturity . But looking back on it , when I was that age , neither was I .

She still didn't do a good job of understanding him , she should have known that taking him to a schmoozefest where she was basically just using him to show up with and then ignoring him for the majority of the time wasn't exactly the best venue for a first date . And , true to form , at the first sign of trouble , instead of standing up for himself , he was putting on his running shoes.

So with all of these human frailties out for everyone to see , the author gave them the one , and probably only , thing that could make them put something above their petty disagreements that they had with each other , a beautiful little Angel . ( I was cursing Kaine when he left her unattended on the river )

Yes , the author wrote the little Angel so sweetly , that everyone fell in love with her .

Well done BR1958 ! I loved it , and I was moved by it .

5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Story

The only criticism I have is the daughter's dialogue. She didn't sound like a 3 year old. Other than that, great job.

SqueezeplaySqueezeplayabout 7 years ago
Legends is an apt term!

Just superb!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I don't normally read Loving Wives stories

I first discovered you when you won Novel of the Year last year and finished so high in the Most Influential Author list. Second, wasn't it? I read your romances and novels.

Then I saw all the ranting by those carrion birds over in the AH about "Legends' Day." I had to come and see what it was all about. I must say, I'm impressed. Both with your story and with the others. I've read yours and four more, so far. These writers are as good or better than the writers in any other category. Congratulations on doing something special. I wonder if this could be done in other categories? I'm giving you a five.

xtchrxtchrabout 7 years ago
Thank You!

First, Thank You for helping organize this Legends Day. I glanced at the suthors and can't wait to read them. I usually don't spend much time on the "New" section because most of the stories are not in my interest range. I may be in this particular day's selection for a couple of days. Again Thank You.

As to this story...I don't know about his parents keeping his kid a secret for 3 years. I'm assuming that he talked to them while he was in Alaska. I would have a hard time overcoming this. It might be a deal breaker. I also don't think I could over what this ex-wife did to this guy. Maybe I'm a bit hard-headed and unbending but I could never trust her again. Her actions at the Charity Function showed how much she wanted to get back with him...actions speak louder than words.

Thanks for a well-written and interesting story and for quite a day or two of reading ahead, even if I disagree with the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

Great author. Not much more to be said. Thanks for everything. Oh, I loved the Ghost Busters thing, too. Five stars just for that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Most enjoyable 5*

Great story, well written with a happy ending. What more can you ask.....Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Oh yeah

Thanks, Randi. One of the best stories around and you’re one of the best writers. THE best event organizer, as it turns out. Who knew?

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 7 years ago

As usual Randi a stunning story.You just keep getting better and better.Thank you !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Oooooh My!

A while back I made some comments about your 'Norway' story and you seemed to 'back off' on your submissions - must admit I wasn't too fond of myself as your stories sorta 'dried up'!

But, here you are again and boy, this one's a beauty and fully deserves 5* Great progression though the dialogue and really nice people who are well described.

I have my own 'Makenna' - she's 7 going on 17 - makes for an interesting life!!

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
re: anonymous-as usual

Of course the illiterate will appear. Perhaps you should wait until tomorrow for stories more to your liking.. Cuckies, like you have no place today in LW. Go suck your thumb and pout somewhere else.

Good story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Appears the racist and used condom anons have struck again.

Aren't you two idiots out of your league. There are a couple of stories posted at the end today that may be more suitable for your egos. Look for them, you'll recognize them, they're the ones with the really low scores. That seems to be the ones you're looking for.

Now that we have that out of the way, let's give the story what it deserves. FIVE STARS.

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Nice Five Starrer

Truly, my lady, you create interesting stories and characters. This was a fine example of a communication problem. He thought he knew what she was saying and what she wanted.... But---

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This day is going to be talked about for a long time.

Your story is one of the jewels in the crown. This is what you do. You write from a man's POV better than any female writer I've ever read, and when you write from you own perspective, you're one of the top ten writers of any gender. I'm sorry about the asshole racists that always show up on your stories. I feel like I need to apologize, but they really don't reflect what the rest of us believe. I hope you don't let things like that bother you.

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
Loved this story!

Another fantastic story. Again, thank you for your great idea!

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
Nice story

though the title and the intro gave away the plot. Not sure why its in LW rather than romance, but still a good story. In the same category as Slirpuff's "A Little Bit of Death", I would say.

angiquesophieangiquesophieabout 7 years ago
sweetest romance

and so wonderfully detailed, nice dialogues, lovable people. I loved it.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 7 years ago
a truly nice story

but i didn't want that! i wanted brutal betrayal and cheating and cuckolding and revenge and revenge and ........... oh well 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
thank you

thank you for your hard work and effort on another great story and for sharing it with us. and super kudos for putting this day together.

gmann57gmann57about 7 years ago

Thank you for organizing all the stories today, So far each story has surpassed expectations, You and the others are truly gifted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
My God, lady. That was quite a story

It must be hard to get much attention today, with all these great stories. I just saw all the hype leading up to this and had to check you out. I was surprised! It was a good surprised. After all the stupid hateful comments, you're a hell of a writer. I don't know what is wrong with those people, or the racist idiots that commented here. I can't imagine a better romance/loving wives story than this. Maybe I'll get better ones down the list, but for now, this will be hard to match. 5 stars.

orefinnorefinnabout 7 years ago
Special talent and an accomplished story teller!

I want to thank you for sharing your talent with us. Really good authors have some traits they share. One is creating their characters names. J.K. Rowling is one of the best at this. Her characters' names help create a visual image to aid that created by their words and deeds. Your characters' names fit and enhance their parts in your story. I really enjoyed your tale. I got as frustrated with Kaine as Ripley did; but I'm guessing that may have been your goal.

A well crafted story; technically sound and nicely developed! Thanks, Chuck

gara5289gara5289about 7 years ago
I love this story but one thing...

Is that i don't think it belongs in LW at all. I thought this was a Romance story through and through when I was done. Doesn't take away from the fact it was a fantastic story, just wrong category.

oshawoshawabout 7 years ago

The thrill of reading this and re-reading this made this a memorable St. Patrick's Day. Thank you for sharing your talent. Thank you for engineering this incredible day. And thank you for allowing me to participate into today's festivities. And a special thank you for the warmth of your friendship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

What is it with the writers on this site and not just this one, making children, 3 years old and sometimes a bit younger so articulate and having a vocabulary of an adult and whats with allowing a 3 YEAR old in the pool on HER OWN? We've had multiple drownings here because parents thought it was OK to let their 3 YEAR old in the pool on their own. I get this is fiction, but FFS have some reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well, you did it again

You wrote a beautiful story. Ripley was stupid. She grew up. Kaine was a coward. He finally stopped running. Makenna was adorable. Atlas was his own independent character. All of them came together in the perfect storm to leave me feeling warm and emotional, in the best possible way. Thank you for the beautiful story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well done!

Thank you for your story and especially for the time you spent to develop and craft it. I thought your plot device of the "lost child" as a means of getting Kaine to begin to suspect his own character's blind spot as well as his ex-wife's own personal growth. After reading it, I got to pondering how Pride can creep in and take root in a fertile personality and lay disguised -- and operative -- well hidden under layers of self-righteous justification. This makes the need for development of necessary humility of character ever-more distant and unrecognizable. We're all prone to such. A good story such as yours, even though technically fiction, will evoke enduring human traits and foibles -- and a means of correction. Many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nich Story, Except.......

I would of had Kaine paying child support with shared custody. Absolutely NO getting back with Ripley...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
O Frabjous Day! Callooh! Callay!

What a wonderful day for LW readers! Thank you.

Lovely story with lots of tension. She really was into herself as many successful beautiful people are. Not warning him about the reception seemed to show that she still hadn't become sufficiently considerate of his feelings.

I was left with a feeling of sadness.This marriage really has too much stacked against it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Story

A very well written romance. Ripley's story was really hard to believe because it is probably not true. What was true is that both Ripley's actions and and husband's reaction were certainly immature. Also, someone who wanted to let the father of her child know he has a child could certainly do so in so many ways if they wanted to although you thought of every thing you could to try to make it seem plausible that she couldn't. None of this detracted from the story. Full marks and thanks for getting so many good authors together. It is a treat and can hopefully be repeated.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Made me cry, asshole!

Beautiful story. Nice to see one where things work out. Loved it!

AhazuraAhazuraabout 7 years ago
truly a legend

Thank you so much for taking time to not only organize the Legends day but also to write a wonderful story. I am truly in awe of your talents, Thank you!

Ahaz

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Well Written and Romantic

A well written and romantic story. Unfortunately it depends on some weak plot issues. 1. Strong woman, weak man

2. Man runs away and can't be found? Not likely in today's world. Also, his parents knew about her pregnancy - any decent parent would have gotten a hold of him and made him straighten the shit out.

3. She AND his parents kept him in the dark throughout the pregnancy and the first three years of his daughters life?! WTF! Forget about her walking out, that shit would make me irate!

4. She reinserts herself into his life, invites him on a "date" that turns out to be a business event for HER. She ignores him and he gets pissed. How is he immature for his reaction?! WTF! He doesn't owe her a fucking thing and he certainly is not being paid to be a professional escort. (This seems to be from a woman's point of view of what a man should have to suck up!) Fuck that.

5. There are many instances of her being the strong one and him being the weak one. It is to the point of being insulting towards men. Most of us do not turn tail and run off like little boys when a pussy turns out to be a cunt. If only for the loss of honor in running away, we stick it out. Some angrily and some stoically.

In the end, I have to wonder what was going through the mind of the author? This was not an appealing story to normal men, do women have this fantasy of being stronger than their man, hurting him, and getting him to go along with it. She NEVER did anything to correct the damage she did to him. She just pushed her way back in and tried to blame him for the situation. Does this seem logical to you? It sounds more like deception and self deception.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you!

I haven't read any of the Legends' stories yet, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to thank you for arranging for many of my favorite authors (including you) to write stories again.

TrtrolesTrtrolesabout 7 years ago
thank you

for 17 march and all your effort. It is 3:56 here in Germany and I am still up. I blame you for this :)

Back to story : it was a good one,romantic. I fell in love with Makeena. First time to hear that name.Love it. Kids make our lives happier.

Her comment ""Are you a queen, Mamma""" made me laugh so hard.

Back to our hero. I wish he was a little bit stronger especially when he took her to date. It is humilating when your Lady ignores you all night.

Five stars.

Grettings from Germany.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Write where you belong:

And that is in the Legends group. I've always really enjoyed your stories and this one is solid as usual. I did feel Kaine was a little weak but still an enjoyable read. But I really wanted to thank you for your efforts in organizing the Legends event. Haven't seen that many strong stories in the last month as we have been able to enjoy today.

Thanks again, Tim

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyabout 7 years ago
A legend for all time

A truly gifted author and you always leave me feeling better than when I started reading your stories, and that, my friend, is what it is all about.

rjordanrjordanabout 7 years ago
Hmmm...

I come to LW for edgier darker stories. I rarely read stories over 2 or 3 Lit pages, and I never read Romance. Wow. I really would have missed out on this one. A beautifully written, interesting story with compelling characters. I couldn't have asked for more.

Thanks for a great read and thanks for putting this whole Legends thing together.

rj

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 7 years ago
Well . . .

. . . first things first. Many thanks for organizing this very special day, although I still haven't finished all the wonderful stories that were submitted by out master writers, and it's past midnight. I'm overwhelmed. Also, as a big fan of yours (and all the other "specials"), I always enjoy your clear and beautiful stories. Loved the story as well - such good feelings at the end. So, thank you, thank you, thank you, and thanks to all who contributed to make this day incredible.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 7 years ago
****

Nice writing however I just could not get into it. The plot was ...... weak.

She strong, he weak, cute kid lure, parents keep son in dark, etc.... Mention was made of post divorce activities by her as if they were relevant plot items but they kind of died. Too many weak points didn't pull it together well.

Good just not great.

katranmankatranmanabout 7 years ago
Nice Story

***** Well written story, however, I really wanted to thank you for your efforts in organizing the Legends event. What a really terrific thing to do for all of us.

Pappy7Pappy7about 7 years ago
Wow, you know you've hit the big time

when the little name callers come slithering out. The writing as usual was very good, didn't so much like Ripley, before or after. She still had issues with him, called him a coward for not fighting for her. Funniest thing, it was alright for her to go off to "find" herself, but not for him to get hurt and go and try to find himself or at least a way to live with what she did. And she was what, 24 years old? Sorry 24 years old and married you should have a sense of self by now, at least a little bit. I think she was entitled and selfish and never really got over it. He was supposed to be the one to help her with her crises, not be a lifeline when she got tired of looking. Whether she screwed someone else or not, she wasn't faithful to her husband and that is not something that you let slide. And don't even get me started on his parents. Didn't seem like anyone in this story had much respect for him, and they might be right. But if not, then leave him alone.

Now, that being said, I am so glad to see you post something on here. I must be a Fanboy or something.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 7 years ago
First Time

This is the first of your stories I have read and I enjoyed it. I have no criticisms but I would like to suggest that it is fundamentally a romance. The Loving Wives story is the prequel which you mention but have not yet written. Could I also observe that in the normal course five pages of reconciliation is likely to be a tad too much for blokes like me although perhaps not enough for your female readership.

Like swingerjoe you attract some unusual specimens whom you should conscientiously ignore.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago

I think this is a really fabulous story for couple different reasons. Often in the sorts of LW stories we have 3 kinds of extreme. One which features the wife as amazingly stupid careless reckless shallow person who becomes a big slut of all time then has some sort of amazing revelation and realizes what she has lost. This is often followed up by the wife and / ot the wife friends family etc attempting to get her back together with the husband without paying any real consequence.

The second type is where the husband spends years in pain and suffering pining away for the lost wife.

And third type is where we have both these subplots occur in the story.

BUT in this story however we have something vastly different. The wife was young and reckless and made a stupid decision . If we assume she is NOT lyin and that she did not fuck anyone else then her decision to take a break from the marriage is one of those borderline issues which some people can forgive or forget with enough work and effort. In the story the author does a great job of developing Ripley as a maturing but still somewhat shallow person. That Ripley did not understand what her actions meant to her husband is obvious. But even when she is trying to win him back she still doesn't fully understand the implications of what she said to him.

But that's the whole point. Not understanding what the implications of your actions words and behavior and how they affect people around you -- is the definition of inmaturity.

A case could be made that the husband is one of these guys who doesn't like to confront a or runs away. But that analysis would be a mistake. He bonded very quickly with the cute 3 year old so if he was a runner or a coward or weakling he would not have done so.

His reactions and interpretation of what she said about taking a break in the marriage is completely reasonable and every sense of the word. Not only did the wife poorly communicate to her r husband what was bothering her about the marriage ...but the idea that she could take a one are two month break from the marriage.. and that such an action would be perfectly understandable unacceptable by the husband... is pretty bizarre.

The reconciliation was handled quite well and any story which sites aliens and Ghostbusters is usually a winner.

0zed0zedabout 7 years ago
Good!

I don't normally like reconciliation stories, but this one ended with the guy (mostly) hanging on to his balls. Which was a pleasant surprise amidst the women and non-man writers contributing on this site.

Not sure if I would buy into the old "find myself" saw, that didn't include another man, or that she was able to keep her legs together until the divorce was finalized.

But since "whatshisname" was so needy and insecure, that he unable to get on with his life after three years, does seem to make sense to hook back up with the ex, although why he doesn't just keep her around as a "fuck buddy" is beyond me.

The ending does not rate a five, but the rest of the story does.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You did not disappoint!

This is good, really good. I would read this story for Makenna! That little doll pulled at my heart. I'm glad her parents finally got their heads out of their asses and made that little angel's life good. I'm happy for them, too. Some people take a long time to grow up. Some never do. I think they both got their wakeup call and they'll start acting like adults. If not, I hope Atlas bites the hell out of them. The Ghost busters and Aliens thing just put this over the top. That was hysterical!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
future cuckold alert

soory i see this guy becoming a cuckold later on i there renewed relationship. give it maybe 3 years.

WyldcardWyldcardabout 7 years ago

Thanks both for organizing the event and for the tale.

Pardon the terse feedback. I enjoyed it in broad strokes. It did feel strange that his parents knew from the first weeks of her pregnancy, and even supported her through it and over 3 years never told him he had a daughter. I get not being sure it was his (they could have submitted DNA) and I get not wanting him to come back for the wrong reasons, but being a part of your child's life isn't the wrong reason. It is also orthogonal to the question of reconciliation.

Ripley also is wealthy, but couldn't find him? Not via parents or investigators?

Small stuff perhaps :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Absolutely amazing!

I'm a retired old geezer and I've been reading stories here for longer than I care to admit. I've got a few minor issues with the story, but I found it quite enjoyable overall. What really blew me away was the comment from Harryin VA! It was calm, rational, and mostly ALLCAPS free. However viciously Harry tears into a story, he usually has legitimate criticisms to make. He can spot (and savagely skewer) plot holes, poorly drawn characters, or stupid behavior with a keen eye. It really impresses me to read his comment in support of Blackrandl1958's story. Either this story is quite good or Harry's Dr. has gone a little too heavy on the medication levels.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Whats amazing at that story?

She ran out of her marriage after 5 years and thinks its normal and no big point??!!

He is betrayed by her and his parents and need the power to avoid her. He can always be a part in the life of his girl without buckle to the advances of that wife!

Not unusual along the way!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
blackmail reconciliation

she used the kid to get him back. you took every opportunity to make Kaine look like an asshole when he had every reason not to trust the bitch. you've done better. ☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hmm

She admitted several times indirectly she sexed others after the divorce.

So if u want your husband back so much and have a baby. You date?

You sex others?

You don't have the parents tell him anything? For years?

These thoughts would in real life give a guy pause.

But were not addresses in the story. Because without these points explained she did what he feared.

Left him. Dated and had sex with others than came back to him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Going along excellent

Then it began to fade into repetition. I guess things got boring so of course there had to be a lost kid scene and a big fight scene, waste of time to the drift of this tale and detracts from the beginning quality.

There is nothing erotic in this tale at all.

Then Ripley, successful and worldly, rich, yet she has a previous "boyfriend" that clearly is a goon? That just does not fit her character.

Kaine? Nobody is that hard headed.

Plus 3 years, with unmentioned ongoing sex life, and no curiosity from either one of them?

That would be completely abnormal in real life.

So, you wrote 4 pages of 90% excellent, then lost control so badly the last page ranks about a "2".

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
Patience

Very nice story and a long delayed happy ending. We never heard how she bided her time after Makenna was born- clearly she wasn't a nun, and judging from Kaine's rampant jealousy the topic would have come up. I am always amazed when the woman shows up with a young child and doesn't burst with resentment at having to do all the raising. Regardless, a good version of a classic story, and a wonderful surprise to see stories from the Masters for St. Pat's day. As ever, skim over the trolls and their comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
i agree with hmmm below, she lived a sexual life, the station manager for one

now she wants to come back with buyers remorse as he said. Sorry I might take to raising the small child, but the older self righteous child was on her own. The thing at the fund raiser wasn't his fault, been there done that. She handled it poorly, it was her fault. And the was the guy with razor acted, she and her daughter had been living with him and he wanted her back, the woman was full of lies. If my parents had done what his has for all those years basically lying to him and accepting a child as his, I would have never spoken to them again. Its a cute story but was to many lies and gloss overs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sucked

You really are a shit writer. Give it up Nig !

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 7 years ago
Trolls go home!

I wonder if the trolls get tired of dragging their knuckles through pools of their own drool!

Thanks for Legends Day!!!

I may be a hairy-legged guy, but I do like a happy ending. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't buy into this happily ever after. I don't trust Ridley. At all. Even after the straight razor attack, I still think she's still shallow and vain, a performer at heart. I heard a lot more "you didn't understand" than "this is what I did wrong." Still, it was great writing about characters with human flaws, except for overly-angelic Mikala.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 7 years ago
Sorry, *Makenna*

I'd like to blame that on autocorrect, but it was just me! :-)

mike9698mike9698about 7 years ago
I like a lot of your stories

This isn't one of them. I can't think of a single thing about this story that I liked. I hated both the main characters. Throw in the over the top crazy ex boyfriend. I really hated the cliché it's your child. Then has parents don't bother to tell him he has a child. I even didn't like the timeline, it was a little confusing just when she got pregnant. So even though I usually like most of your stories this one I can't stand.

mike9698mike9698about 7 years ago
As for

The racist POS anonymous assholes who get off by posting on your stories. Grow a pair you little fucking bitches. If you want to insult someone at least have the guts not to do it anonymously. Your nothing but dickless little cowards. How old are you to use the same old racist shit. I could get over my 90 year old grandma for it. She was from another time. You assholes got no excuse. Actually calling you assholes is an insult to assholes. I'm an asshole and I don't want to be associated with you bitches. I think I'll stick with spinless cowards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice read!

Thanks for the story! Excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This was a great story. Legendary, in fact

As I read the comments on this, and other stories, I'm amazed at the number of people who make up information to put in the stories that the author (s) never wrote. If an author says it was a sunny day, some dimwit is sure to say, "No it wasn't, it was raining." This is one of the best feelgood stories I've read. It put a smile on my face and a bounce in my step.

Now I can go do that little project in the kitchen and be happy about it. Thanks, author, you made my day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What's Happened??

Hey Randi - I just looked up your story list and what's happened?

There used to be way more than ten available and now?

I loved that "Armadillo" story, there was 'Norway' of course & 'Brown'; the one where the guy rescues the girl with the flat tire -- all gone??

19pvc44

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 7 years ago
First

Great job organizing this...lots of good, really good and some great tales...this is one of the greats. It is easy to get into your stories as you write about real emotions. Do you have anything published...on Amazon?

foolscapfoolscapabout 7 years ago
glad for the legends day. thanks again. this story made me sad

Incredibly well written but long, very long. It seems like ripley manipulated and and got what she wanted and it all became kaine's fault. Of course I probably missed plot points because I skimmed (these days i have the attention span of a gnat and it's long and i really dislike ripley).

Randi you really elevated the game here and i thank you. That said this is a story where the real problems were not resolved and i really dislike ripley and find yourself your smother me stories which are, in my estimation, cheap ass excuses. Once again that's only one reader's opinion and not worth all that much.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
Double Thanks

Thanks 1: The Legends idea was brilliant. I can only imagine the obstacles in getting it arranged. Thank you.

Thanks 2: This story was told well. The setup was hard to swallow but "suspension of disbelief" works. Once we were over that hurdle the feelgood aspects of the story kicked in. I needed some Hallmark sappiness and this delivered in spades. Thank you.

ralph440ralph440about 7 years ago
Some of the comments just crack me up......

I guess it's a troll thing, or maybe just plain envy. First off, this whole group of stories has been a fun read, i hope something like this can be organized again. And as far as this story goes, it certainly was an enjoyable read, and there's nothing wrong with a happy ending. Thanks for the efforts!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank You

Thank You sooo much for coming out with the Legends of Literotica.

All those legends are my favorites as well..."duh" thats why they're legends hehe.

Been kinda bored with Lit before the Legends churned out their brains with awesome new stories. I really don't mind reading similar themes...the emotional drama that their stories convey always tugs at my heart...so THANK YOU everyone

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you for the great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks for your wonderful story

Either Dear Abby or Ann Landers once said that no one can take advantage of you unless you let them. I don't know if that is true or not. A man ain't got a chance.

Boyd Percy

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
You have my 5* now!

You have my 5* now! A wonderful story...A beautiful read...Thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A different style of RAAC

She tore his heart out with her selfishness. Then she begs forgiveness, and still continues to abuse him. And he forgive her. SERIOUSLY ?

If, as she claimed, she had actually "grown up" she'd have stopped calling him names and treating him like shit when she had "found herself." But not, it's still all about her wants, her desires.

Really, it was a RAAC. A more original one, but he was a complete wimp in the end.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years agoAuthor
@Impo

I am making my fifth comment on my own story. I've posted 63 stories, so you see how rare that is. I just had to say thank you. You've never given me a five before. I know how rarely you hand them out. Thanks. You move me, sir.

As for the assorted racists who commented. Knock yourself out. I appreciate people defending me. Thanks for that, but I don't regard those comments at all. Laurel will delete them, eventually. I don't even bother to delete them. When someone dislikes you for the skin you were born with, oh well.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 7 years ago
Very romantic story - an interesting and enjoyable read

Thank you author for setting up classic author day. Great idea and thank you authors who wrote. Concerning this story, first I am impressed with HIV's review - best review he has ever written. Several other folks have commented that they didn't like either main character, but I agree with Harry's comment about immaturity, which is what made the story interesting. Well done; five stars.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
Randi has shown us who the legends are.

Scores don't make writers special. (I keep trying to convince myself of that!) It's the impressions we make and the people we affect. Randi single-handedly did this "legends" thing, start to finish. She wrote a lovely story and contributed it to the fray. She's been insulted by a few idiots, and it doesn't even phase her. She edited many of the stories, including mine. I still need to figure out split infinitives and my love for them. While many may not realize it, Randi, is Irish and St. Paddy's Day was done perfectly!

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
thank you for the thought provoking story

Relationships are difficult to maintain when both parties are equally invested. The drama and internal conflict caused by her immature departure was self inflicted. She was resourceful in making contact, but having his parents as allies made it much easier. She really did bring out the big guns with Makenna. But I still have doubts about her maturity. She said she hadn't been involved with other men, but left it open ended with a nasty little comment "until after the divorce". Even when she claimed to have remorse over the way she failed to communicate her "true" intentions when leaving, she kept blaming him for being immature about filing for a divorce. When confronted about her behaviour at the Cellar she became defensive and went on the attack again.

But, unfortunately, that too depicts the tribulations and conflicting actions when two (or more) people are involved.

I too am curious, where are your other stories?

UncleBozzinUncleBozzinabout 7 years ago
Fantastic Read

Bravo, young lady! Please continue your writings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loved this story

I noticed that three ladies posted on Legends' Day. They all did an excellent job. I am in awe of GITM and Angiequesophie, and their way with words. You, lady, have your own special niche. They wrote dark brooding mastery of the writing craft. Yours shows no less mastery. You wrote the antithesis. Joyful and wonderfully warm. I know you can write the other kind. I remember "Bubbles in the Grass."

Every story here was extremely well written. According to the numbers above, in the middle of all the greatest writers to ever post, you got 99 comments, mine will be 100, over 23000 views, 74 favorites and your story is approaching 4.60.

I doubt that it is possible for the people who said you didn't belong here to feel embarrassment, but they should. Not only did you put the whole thing together, you wrote this wonderful story because some of the other authors asked you to. You belong here, young lady, just like all the others who posted on St. Patrick's Day did. The scores don't lie.A tip of my hat to you all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@ anony "needs an editor."

Are you nuts? You do realize that this girl is THE freaking editor, right? How many of these guys thanked her for editing their stories? I've probably read 100 stories over the last six months that thanked her for editing. She hasn't written much for a while, but she still helps other people out. What have you edited?

Besides, she has like seven freaking editors. I recognize most of them. They are the top dogs around. I saw one mistake in the whole thing. Who are you?

chris73170chris73170about 7 years ago
loved it

i loved it. made me wish i had a lady like ripley in my life

LBLR15LBLR15about 7 years ago
Great Story

Randi, I don't know how you come up with the story lines you do, but this one is fantastic. 2 people so bull headed they can't communicate even though they love each other. A common occurrence crafted into a fine tale. You mentioned other authors. How do we know who and where and when they will post?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I don't get it,

This writer is a legend? Why? Do the male authors fawn over her just because she's one of the much-less-common female writers? If a man had written this story, there would be much harsher criticism. WAY to many holes in her story.

I agree with the concerns and negative criticisms of sugna, HarryinVA, Rhomanov, Pappy7, and Wyldcard, just to name a few. And I'm not sure that I wouldn't agree with one Anonymous poster who didn't believe she hadn't lived with the Station Manager and another who expressed concerns for her future fidelity.

He was not an asshole and should not have apologized. It's all about her, all the time. But you suckers think with your gonads when there's a beautiful woman in the room, so you ask for it.

It's not romantic, and unfortunately belongs in Loving Wives because the selfish bitch cheated him out of his marriage by deserting it instead of talking about her issues and going to counseling, as well as cheating him out of the life of her daughter, if she really is his daughter. Any woman who could afford all her expensive toys would have shelled out money to find him before buying anything else, if she really loved him.

1 1/2 *

Max604Max604about 7 years ago
Thank you!!!!!!

Thank you Randi for this!!!!!!! The story was fantastic!!!!!!! But mostly thank you for legends day!!!! Being able to read new stories by most of my favorite authors was the best way to spend a weekend!!!! Thanks again for both, your amazing story and legends day!!!!!!

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
7397 Followers
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories