All Comments on 'You Don't Know'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Not

Not my favorite Skippy story, but I like where your heart is. Billy has more going for him than 90% of the LW men we read about.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 5 years ago
A Multiverse of Possible Conclusions for A Story That Seemed to Started With a Solitary, Sordid Theme

Very nice ! I usually prefer my authors to have more of a wordsmith flair in telling the story. But Springsteen had written many great songs using nothing but 3 chords and the truth. There are multiple highly, praiseworthy points, but I'll confine myself to the character exposition of Jerry the simpleton savant.

I think many of us know people like him who aren't the sharpest tools in the shed ( or so it seems to jaded eyes 👀). Yet these dunces leave their intellectual betters in the dust by not getting diverted ,concentrating fully to best of their potential on task at hand and are open to suggestion.. Kudos to Skippy47 on depicting how a slow moving man can arrive at his dream as long as he does not stop.

Ergo the obvious score

Full marks *****:

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
I Liked It!

I should have seen the end coming. I was so wrapped up in the story that I was initially disappointed that he didn't accept her confession and forgive her.

This was better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Another 5-Star story!

So well-done and well-written. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
very good story.

very good story well written and with a good finish. would have liked if it had been longer with some more ongoing detail.

all in all a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Challenge accepted

Everyone has potential, with the right support and good people around them full rewarding and productive lives are the result. Thanks for an uplifting tale.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 5 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I really liked it!

avidfaavidfaabout 5 years ago
Great and unique story

Completely unexpected, well-written, nicely revealed and developed characters, and it left me feeling good at the end. Thanks a lot.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 5 years ago
Heartwarming

Thank you Skippy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great read!

Thank you for taking the time and making the effort. 5*

K.K.K.K.about 5 years ago
A Feel Good Story

This story was a nice way to start my day.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
Hahaha!

That was different. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice

But she told him the truth,she took no money. So how did she do time. The facts do not add up here.if he knew what she was doing why didn’t he dump her. The ending was pure bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great Story

Skippy, you’re very inventive, with more varied themes than any author I’ve read on this site. I think this story takes you back on the same route of thoughtful, thought inspiring stories as your first few. Gave it a 5.

Umm, still feel you should change your Nom De Plume .

JohnAdp

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years ago
Arrested and convicted? Of what?

What law was broken? She divorced her husband and married Jerry. She might have lied, but lying is not illegal, unless it is done under oath.

She never filed for divorce. Even if she had, that's not illegal.

So her ex went to prison for 10 years for no crime and she did 18 months.

The story was ok until then. She could not go to jail for being a liar and bad person. Hell, if that was a crime, most politicians would never get out of jail.

So I had this at a 3 or 4 until the prison sentences for imaginary crimes. Jerry was not mentally challenged. The prosecutor, judge and jury were.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
this right here

I like this.

Instead of the usual entitled wife and clueless husband, we have gone full reversal.

The wife was truly the clueless one, and grew up every mistake of the way. The husband was clever from the get go.

everyone got the ending they planned for.

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 5 years ago
Fantastic Story

Wow - what a feel good and interesting story!

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Was great

Loved it.

Impo_64Impo_64about 5 years ago
I liked the story...

I liked the story...it was tender and the end was a surprise and funny...4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Loved the story, but exactly what were they convicted of? They didn't actually commit a crime.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Cute. Obvious, but cute.

Thanks for a fun read.

johnadpjohnadpabout 5 years ago
@kingbandor

de·fraud

/dəˈfrôd/

verb

illegally obtain money from (someone) by deception.

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago

Good story, but I don't so what the crime was either.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 5 years ago
Entertaining story...

One commentator asked what the crime was - I would expect fraud and conspiracy. They probably got Billie Rae on drug charges at the same time. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good Story

This was very fun for me to read.

Although I could see it coming. I Still loved it.

#5

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
Fun

Thank you, good read.

c24jc24jabout 5 years ago
Great little story

She probably got in trouble for conspiracy to defraud, or something like that. Also, it sounds like she didn't want to make an effort to defend herself, but rather wanted to face some punishment.

Nice one.

gmann57gmann57about 5 years ago

Thats a real good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

make a second chapter i did find this one a good one especially when she told him the truth

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Nice

Asshole was willing to let his wife screw a handicapped man!!! He deserved prison...

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Interesting story but...

Another different and interesting story from amyyum. But, I did not see any criminal offense justifying prison.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
As One

Who's youngest daughter became a special needs person in her early teens due to illness, I for one was not offended in any way, shape or form. Good job on handling the sensitive issue. As for the ones who just HAD to point out what they believe to be faults about legal issues, do you really think that was the important point of the story? You just couldn't resist. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice story

5 stars

cvmawirenutcvmawirenutover 3 years ago
Good One

You handled Jerry's condition with dignity and respect. The growth experienced by Erica was a nice touch. 5*

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 3 years ago

I enjoyed this second read

as much as the first. Good

story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

1 star for the totally stupid ending. Nobody gets years in prison for a non-crime they did not commit!

kdad9010kdad9010over 2 years ago

Beautiful story! I loved it.

Thank you!

JeffTomJeffTomover 2 years ago

I like the story. Thank You

desertdog43desertdog43over 2 years ago

We have a grown special needs son 36 y.o. He struggles, but is working at a job he loves outside and doing good. And making good money.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of your better tales that I've read. Loved it!. LP

AethurAethurabout 2 years ago

A fun little tale, though like others have stated, I don't believe the intent or scheming to commit fraud is illegal. I don't hold that against the story, though. I can appreciate it for what it is. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fair story, but almost a tear jerker. The underdog won, while converting one of the bad guys. Emotionally, a 9.

StoneyWebbStoneyWebbalmost 2 years ago

So - so story but no crime was committed. Wanting to steal from someone is no crime. It didn't matter that they were planning to defraud Jerry, it didn't happen.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
If

If he was going to be waiting for her at the end of her sentence,why didn't he get the charges dropped?.

MountainsageMountainsageover 1 year ago

5 stars. Entertaining story. Made me feel good. AND THAT DEAR HEARTS IS THE SOLE POINT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cute tale. But how is marrying someone then divorcing them a conspiracy? While the people involved are immoral and unethical, there was no crime committed here and hence no prison time would be served by either. Besides she never even got to receive any money. So premeditated seduction, marriage and then planned divorce is a crime? In which state?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative. But what was the fraud? What is the crime?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think Skippy47 got confused; no crime committed.

jopstorm1945

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stupid stupid stupid

NitpicNitpic2 months ago
Given

Given the ending,why didn't he stop the charges against Efrica?.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous