You Don't Know

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Employees?"

"Jerry owns the landscaping business he works for. His late grandfather was so impressed about how well Jerry was doing as a landscaper, he bought the company and let his father run it. Jerry has now inherited it."

Although Mr. Whitehouse appeared to be a nice man, Erica got a bad vibration from listening to him talk. Luckily, he moved on and Erica and Jerry mingled with their guests.

After a wonderful honeymoon in Hawaii, Erica moved into what that had been Jerry's mother's and father's house. Jerry had asked Erica if she wanted a new house. Billie Ray had told her to say 'No.' He wanted Jerry to have as much cash money as possible in the bank when they divorced.

The settlement from the accident kept getting delayed and delayed. Mr. Whitehouse negotiated for the family and was adamant that the company pay as much as possible. The delay bothered Billie Ray and Erica, but Jerry didn't care. He already had everything he wanted.

Erica assumed the roles of wife and housekeeper and lover. The sex was always great. Erica had caught on quickly that Jerry had a routine. After a few times, she suggested a few changes. He was willing. Other women had taught him, so he had no trouble following Erica's instructions. Their variety of sex became as enjoyable as the frequency and quality.

It was Erica's housekeeping duties that got boring. In addition, she had trouble planning supper as Jerry often only came home at dark when landscaping could no longer be done. Erica asked Jerry if she could get a job, at least part-time. He suggested she do volunteer work. He said that if she worked, it would keep a person who needed the money from working. By volunteering, she would be able to help people and not cost the agency any money. It made sense to Erica. She just wanted something to do.

Things did not turn out as Erica assumed. Once she started to work at the McNeil Mission and the Salvation Army, she was hooked. All those years when she had felt sorry for herself and her family were now seen as wasted. Every day, she met so many people who were worse off than her family ever was, and most didn't complain. They just wanted a chance. Some even refused government support because they wanted to make it on their own.

Erica remembered when she mistakenly asked Jerry if he got a check from the government every month. He got as furious as she had ever seen him. "I am not disabled. I support myself. I do not take government money. EVER!" It took him two weeks to forgive her. Now Erica saw there were others who felt the same way. Her world view was changing. Erica couldn't wait for Jerry to come home every night so she could tell him what she had seen, heard and done that day. She was hooked. Before long, she almost forgot about the deal she had made with Billie Ray.

The day came when the settlement from the accident was finalized. She checked with Jerry to make sure that he would be getting the settlement check and taking it to the bank that day. Later that morning, she cried. Her feelings for Jerry had blossomed. She really did love him. After trying to consider her options, she finally decided what to do. Erica headed for Billie Ray's cousin's trailer to tell him that she was going to stay married to Jerry but would beg Jerry to give her $100,000 for her to use however she wished. She would give it to Billie Ray to compensate him for her breaking the deal. Hopefully he wouldn't get too mad.

She went to the trailer where his cousin lived. The front door was open. Erica had been there enough times that she felt comfortable just walking in. Seeing no one initially, Erica headed to the bedroom. It had been raining, so she assumed Billie Ray had slept in late. She opened the bedroom door to see Billie Ray on top of his cousin's wife, and they were not playing chess. "Fuck you, Billie Ray!" She stomped out. By the time he got his pants on and reached the door, Erica had sprayed gravel all around the trailer in her desire to leave as quickly as possible.

For the second time that day, Erica had to make a big decision. What should she tell Jerry? Keeping up the lies was too much. She didn't want to hurt Jerry, but felt she had to tell him the truth. If he wanted to divorce her, so be it. Maybe, just maybe, he would forgive her.

The rain had cut into the landscaping business also. Jerry was home when she got there. He saw her coming in and her face showed she was distressed. "What's the matter, Erica? Are you hurt? Did you get some bad news?"

"Jerry, we need to talk." They sat down at the kitchen table and Erica told him the whole story including the deal with Billie Ray and how she hadn't really fallen in love with him until after the wedding. She told him that if he wanted to divorce her, she would understand and not fight it. She didn't want any of his money, even part of the millions he just got today.

He first informed her that although he had gotten a check for millions today, he had already spent it. Erica exclaimed, "What? How could you have spent that much so quick?"

"I gave it away to charities. Ten of them. You worked at a couple of them."

Erica started laughing. "I wish I could tell Billie Ray that. Good for you, Jerry. Didn't you want to keep some of it for yourself?"

"Nope. I have plenty of money. This way a lot of people will get help."

"Jerry, I love you. You are the kindest, sweetest, lovingest man I have ever known. Oh, how I hope I can stay with you."

"You can't. I knew all about you and Billie Ray. Mr. Whitehouse told me. After the dinner at your agency, he wondered about you. Before we got married, he had checked up on you. He told me that you had been divorced and worked for my mother's agency. You were okay."

"After the dinner, he went back and found out about Billie Ray. He was into drugs. Mr. Whitehouse said that you were not yet divorced when you started to date me. You lied to me, Erica. That made me mad. A man that worked for Mr. Whitehouse saw Billie Ray at a bar. He was drunk. He was bragging he would have a lot of money soon. Some retard was going to make him rich. He's a bad man, Erica."

"You can't run away because the police are coming for you and Billie Ray tonight. You two wanted to steal from me. Mr. Whitehouse told on you to the police. They said they were going to arrest you two. I'm sorry, Erica, but what you did was really bad. Shame on you."

"Don't feel sorry for me, Jerry. I was bad. I will take my punishment. The only thing I want you to know is that I do truly love you. You were a wonderful husband. Please find a woman who will deserve your love."

The police came and arrested her. She pled guilty and gave up the information needed to convict Billie Ray as leader of the conspiracy. He got five to ten years and she got three to five. Erica used her time in prison to work towards a college degree. That took up a lot of time, which she was happy about. Erica had not heard anything from Jerry except two Christmas cards. He just signed the card 'Jerry.' She planned on working once she got out, while getting a social work degree. She wanted to work for a charity eventually.

In eighteen months, Erica was released early for good behavior. She stood outside the prison waiting for the van from the halfway house. A limo pulled up and stopped beside her. The chauffer got out and asked, "Erica Anderson?"

Erica responded, "That's me, but I'm waiting for the van from the halfway house."

The back window lowered, and Jerry was there. He said, "Wouldn't you rather go home?"

Erica smiled and cried at the same time. "Do I have a home? More importantly, do I have a husband?"

Jerry smiled, "If you want, you do. I never got a divorce."

Erica climbed in. She scooted over and kissed Jerry as hard as she could. "You know, this is the first time I've ever ridden in a limo. Why did you pick me up in a limo?"

Jerry's grin got even wider, "Because the driver can't see what we're doing in the back seat."

Erica matched his grin and started taking off her clothes, "You know what else I've never done in a limo?"

Jerry joined her in taking off clothes, "Well, you never know if you can do something unless you try."

*****

DISCLAIMER: The author spent a career in working with persons with mental and physical challenges and their families. I have the upmost respect for these persons, and I hope no one who read this story was offended in any way. If they are, it was not my intention.

12