You Got to Know When to Hold 'Em

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She kissed him hard and full, smearing her lipstick again, then said, "I love you."

He echoed her "I love you," then they both went back to work, having had a most satisfying lunch, yet still needing some take out.

Epilogue:

Jenny and Jack spent a long and fulfilling life together. They raised children and, in due course, became grandparents. She took the promotion that was offered after that first business trip with Joe. Jenny was so good at picking fashion winners that, when she decided to quit working full time to care for their children, the company paid her well to provide input from home.

For the rest of their lives, Jenny stayed true to her word. She never again allowed herself to be placed in a position where it could be suggested that she was disrespecting her husband. Jack would have permitted her more leeway than she took, but he loved her for not wanting it.

The end.

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
122 Comments
Rayjag1980Rayjag19806 days ago

Storyline wasn't as good as part 1. Major flaws is, it didn't matter if she had sex or not, the disrespect shown for her relationship is the killer. He gave her a choice, she choose "Howie." Nobody in their right mind would subject their love to the humiliation and hurt of going out on a date with another person. The mere appearance of impropriety should keep oneself from an action that would cause hurt and humiliation.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Sure take advice from another self-entitled gold digging slut telling you to forgive the one you escaped from, that makes total sense, to people in a mental ward. She showed him his feelings, his opinion, and his wishes meant nothing to her and they weren't even married yet, he was granted a huge gift by finding out she was a self-entitled narcissistic slut with feministic ideologies before he married her, sadly he goes back to her.... dude? Women who share that mindset and ideology don't change and don't love anyone but themselves, put simply there is a 98% chance she cheated throughout their marriage and the only thing she learned from their pre-honeymoon was that she'd have to keep all her affairs hidden.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 month ago

JimmyThePlunger's comments are as incoherent and idiotic as his writing.

jocko_smithjocko_smith2 months ago

Writing was fine, but Jack was infatuated with Jenny. Otherwise, that level of disrespect would have never been tolerated, see Part 1, which was credible.

I love a good reconciliation, but this certainly was not one. "Oooooh, I totally disrespected you by GOING ON A %^$&U DATE ON OUR PRE-WEDDING VACATION WHEN YOU WARNED ME NOT TO. But I totally LUUUUUVVVV only you." Read that again as many times as needed to see how infantile it sounds.

Jenny is self-absorbed, had NO respect for reasonable boundaries, and if Jack had any sense, he'd have taken the opportunity to dodge the bullet completely.

And remember, he only went on a date of his own AFTER she left for hers; she'd effectively ended their relationship. Nothing wrong with his actions. You punch me in the face, don't be surprised if you get punched back. Or, as they say today, FAFO.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

After reading the comments I see people can't believe characters do stupid things. people in life do/say dumb things all the time. Don't believe me, read the comment section!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

My grandparents had an April 1st anniversary, grandma found no humor in it at all! Thanks for the tale. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked the first part and felt it ended correctly, for it I gave it 4 stars. The 2nd part I liked the beginning, but it felt flat in the middle, then started ramping up the action as it went along. Then the ending (epilogue) came and it felt rushed, sure it filled in some holes of their life together, but it still felt rushed. I gave it a 4.5, but rounded up to 5 stars for the 3some action. ;-) As for Howie doing what he did, he was just providing a service for his customers, even if they didn't get any real action, at least they didn't end up in jail or in the newspapers. Howie got his ass kicked, even though he only got some groping in and some stink finger (yes she felt ashamed at what she did). And yes, she disrespected her husband to be by not taking in what he was trying to tell her at the beach about her attire, then talking with Howie about "the date" that's not really a date, but is one. In reality Howie ends up "buying her" for the night with 10K in clothes and jewelry, just like one would buy a lady of the evening (an escort). That she finally realizes it makes her feel the shame that Jack had been trying to tell her. Then suddenly she wants her old life back, only to find out Jack already left, and she's alone weeks before they were to get married.

To make this story work like an LW story should, Jack ends up cuckolding Cheryl's boyfriend Ron, (even though they're not married yet) with the help from Diane during their 3somes both at the beach hotel and at the college dorm room they were staying at, and enjoyed participating in. All in all, it was a good story, but it needed a little more action (sex).

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@Jimmytheplunger. You have just joined the vocal bullshit that proliferates the comments section on LW.

Thank you for sharing your woke natural justice opinion. I'm sure there's a Pine tree or Hydrangia bush out there somewhere in need of your protection from bad humies so that natural justice can get to it first.

Back to the story: It had the opportunity to be good. With the right efitor it could have been great but too many missteps unfortunately consigned it to the middle of the road heap.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This dumb whore is trying to raise the bar on how stupid a wife/fiancé can be. Admirable effort. But would someone on a pre-honeymoon trip with their fiancé be so easily seduced by a little bling and be so damn blind to the obvious consequences of her actions? Unlikely, but it's LW so anything goes.

She does manage to turn things around though and become quite the actual loving wife. If her reaction to her boss' proposal is anything to go by, they'll be alright until death parts them. And judging by the ending it looks like that is indeed how things turned out.

AethurAethur5 months ago

The contrived parallels between the girlfriend and fiancé don't work, simply because the MC's relationship with Jenny was at a much higher level. And unlike the girlfriend's situation, his fiancé allowed herself to be seduced over a period of time while the MC was constantly warning her. That was disrespect at a very high level. Reconciliation just doesn't feel justified here, and using two young coeds to help the MC get over the betrayal, only for him to go back to Jenny, just cheapens the story.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Let Go CEO wife fires husband. What follows is the aftermath.in Loving Wives
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Trying to Reclaim My Marriage Pushed too far and taken advantage of no more.in Loving Wives
Requital He caught her cheating; she thinks he's overreacting.in Loving Wives
More Stories