All Comments on 'You Got to Lose to Know How to Win'

by gunhilltrain

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
joshmosejoshmoseover 3 years ago
Nice.

I like it. A slow burn, grounded in real life. Please continue.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

I'm curious. I'd like to see where you take this.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 3 years ago

Yep, very good start. Like to see your next chapter

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 3 years agoAuthor
Thank you.

I do need some time to write sequels. I have a couple of series I'm working on for other sites that have my attention right now. By the way, the Piper's Kilt bar was a real place. It still exists, but the name was changed a few years ago.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years ago

Good start. Looking forward to where you take this.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you. I'm not sure where I'm taking it yet. Sometimes inspirations come right away, sometimes they take a while. By the way, the story title comes from a line in the Aerosmith song.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why only write half a story ?

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 2 years agoAuthor

Have you ever tried to do this yourself? Because I did two sequels, and I intended to continue it, making it up as I went along. Have some patience. I will get back to it at some point after I've finished some other things. For Updike's Rabbit Novels, there was a ten-year gap between installments. When he wrote the first one in 1960 he didn't think there would be sequels. Then he published the next one in 1971 when the inspiration hit him. The two sequels to this so far are "I Try to Look at the Big Picture" and "Janet and the Big Green Impala."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergunhilltrain@gunhilltrain
179 Followers
Time and place matter I suppose. At present I'm between the Metro-North (formerly New York Central) Harlem Division and the NYC Transit Authority's #2 train line. Thus I'm on both the wrong side and the right side of the tracks at the same time. Anyway, for me the Midnight Sp...