You Love Me To Hate You Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I wish I could, but Daddy has me starting with his company right away. He says they are holding an opening for me and I have to get working on my certifications right away. That way I'll be ready to help out through tax season."

"Okay, I get it. We've done it before, we'll do it again with no problems."

They began kissing and Izzy sighed and went to her room.

Izzy still had not been dating. She'd had interest from plenty of guys, but she wasn't going to let a boyfriend get in her way.

She was working towards her degree in Architecture. It's a difficult curriculum and she didn't have a lot of time for boyfriends, with the amount of studying she had to do every night.

She had bonded with Craig over the last year and he was as close as a best friend as he could get. The three of them were always together when they went out and she had started to not have as much jealousy over the couple as she once had. She wasn't over her feelings for Craig though. They in fact grew deeper as she got to know him better. She was in love with him as he had once been in love with her.

While home for Christmas, Izzy accepted a set-up date from her mom. Bryson Ashe was a new employee at her mother's company and she invited Izzy to her office party to introduce them. At first, Izzy was angry about the set-up, but she knew that she had to date at some point, so she accepted. Bryson was a good looking, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, educated man freshly graduated from business school. She figured she could do worse, her mom already approved of him.

The next night she was putting the finishing touches on her make up when Bryson arrived. She double-checked herself one last time and made her way down to greet him.

"Holy cow! You look great, Izzy," he gushed as he took in her short skirt and stocking-clad legs.

"Where are you guys off to tonight?" Her mom asked as Bryson helped put on her coat.

"Gibson's," he said. "Downtown. I figured we could walk around a bit and check out the decorations and lights as well. It's unseasonably warm, so we should be okay."

"Sounds fun," her dad said. "I used to take her mom down there and do a carriage ride and eat roasted chestnuts. Very romantic."

Izzy sighed in annoyance.

As they walked out, she saw that he drove a BMW and joked, "I think my mom's paying you too much if you can afford this car right out of college."

He smiled and said, "Nah, it's paid for by my trust fund. I got full access to it after I graduated."

She nodded and noticed that he was staring at her legs as she got into the car. She wasn't happy about that and regretted wearing that skirt.

"So your mom told me that you're graduating this year."

"Yeah. I'm getting my BS in architecture. I'll get my masters as well, eventually."

"Wow. Heavy stuff. Do you have any lines on a job yet?"

"Yes, my uncle owns a large construction company and I'll be hired on there. He's expanding into commercial buildings and I'll be working under an experienced architect getting my feet wet."

"That's great. It's nice to have connections. That's how I got set up with your mom. My father has done business with her consulting firm for years."

They found street parking and walked a couple of blocks to the restaurant making idle chit chat.

Once seated, he started bragging about his family's wealth.

"My grandfather made it big in real estate. He developed several buildings here in the city and a lot out in the burbs as they expanded a couple of decades ago. He ended up selling the business for an obscene figure setting my family up rather well. My father is chairman of his company that has several dozen smaller companies under its umbrella. He wants me to take over when he retires in 10 or so years, so I'm just building experience now."

"Why not work for him now?" She asked.

"I wanted to spread my wings outside of his influence for a while. I'll start there in a few years and probably go in as a VP in one of the offshoots. Once I do that, I'll be pulling in a couple hundred thousand a year."

"Wow! I'm impressed," she said sarcastically. He didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

"I'm looking at houses right now. I'm thinking of your parents' subdivision, but those houses may be too small," he said.

She almost laughed at how full of himself he was. Her parents lived in one of the more expensive areas in the suburbs and the homes were quite large.

After he got all of the braggings out of his system, she ended up having an enjoyable evening. When he dropped her off at home, he walked her to the door and she gave him a chaste kiss in the cheek.

"Izzy, I had a great time with you tonight. Would you like to see a movie tomorrow night?"

"I'm already going to see one of the superhero movies tomorrow with my friends."

"Oh, perfect then. What time shall I pick you up?"

She hadn't invited him to join them and was a bit annoyed with his presumption. She didn't want to brush him off rudely and upset her mother so she said, "5:00."

"Excellent. See you tomorrow, then." He leaned in to kiss her lips and she turned to give him her cheek instead.

She walked into the house and before she could get her boots off, her mother started up.

"Well? How did it go? He's a great guy, isn't he? And from an excellent family."

"It was fine. I told you that I wasn't looking for a serious relationship though. I'm going to see him tomorrow, but after that, I probably won't see him before I go back to school."

"Why not? That's a couple of weeks away yet. Maybe you can escort him to a New Year's Eve party."

"Easy, Mom. I'm not going to keep going out with him and lead him on."

"Fine, but keep him on the hook. That young man is going places."

"Yes, Mother," she said with a dismissive sneer and went to her room.

**********

Bryson and Izzy found Craig and Mia seated at the restaurant already when they arrived. They joined them and after introductions were made, Bryson did his bragging routine again.

Izzy was annoyed, but Mia was engrossed in his ramblings. Craig saw through him right away and gave Izzy a sideways look. She shrugged her shoulders and mouthed, "Later."

During the movie, Bryson was getting too handsy for Izzy's liking. She had to remove his arm from her leg several times before he finally just put his arm around her.

After the movie, Mia wanted to get a latte so they went to Starbucks. Bryson made a big deal out of paying for everyone. "Can't have you college kids spending all of your savings now, can I?" he said arrogantly.

As they sat and enjoyed their coffee, Izzy noticed that most of the conversation was between Mia and Bryson. Craig didn't seem to mind and Izzy surfed Facebook bored.

Izzy noticed that Bryson asked for Mia's number so that he could be one of her first new clients when she graduated and got her certification. She gave Mia a look that clearly conveyed, "WTF?"

Mia stuck her tongue out at her and laughed at herself.

Craig spoke up and said, "Well, it was fun tonight. Good to meet you, Benton."

"No, it's Bryson," the arrogant man said with a smile. "It's a family name."

"Right, of course, it is," Craig said dismissively.

They made their goodbyes and walked to their car.

Mia said, "Wow! Izzy doesn't date for ages and she lands a rich hunk like that? Lucky bitch."

"What?" Craig asked annoyed. "Lucky? That guy is a pompous ass. I guarantee you that he doesn't last long with her."

"Then she's an idiot."

Craig shook his head and opened her car door for her.

*********

On Mia's last day at school, she and Craig made love one last time before she left.

"I'm going to miss your dick, baby. I think I'm addicted to it."

Craig laughed and said, "More than you're gonna miss me?"

"Hmm, it's a pretty close race."

He slapped her on the butt and rolled off of the bed.

"You can come back anytime and get your fix, sweetie."

"It can't be until after I get certified. I have a lot of prep work to do so I can pass the tests."

"You'll do great."

"I hope so. Remember though, I'll be starting work too. It's going to be the busiest time of the year for us so I won't have a lot of free time."

"I know," he said sadly. "I'll come up as much as I can, but I'm working too. I may not be home until the break."

"We'll figure it out, honey. C'mon, let's get the last of my stuff into the car. I want to make it home before it gets dark."

They hugged at her car saying one last goodbye. As she drove away, he said to Izzy, "I have a really bad feeling about this."

Izzy gave him a hug and said, "Don't worry so much, she loves you."

"I know. I just hope it's enough. She's become very sexual since we first became intimate. I hope we can survive a long dry spell."

Izzy smiled and said, "She didn't show you my graduation present, did she?"

"No. I didn't realize that you had given her anything."

"Yep, come to my room I'll show you something."

Izzy opened her nightstand drawer and pulled out a fairly large sex toy.

"We got matching toys. She calls hers, Craig II."

He started laughing. "I can't believe you did that."

"Yep, we did. Keep it between us though okay? I'm trusting you with my intimate secrets here."

"I promise. Mum's the word."

"Thank you," she said putting it away.

He looked at her with a raised eyebrow and asked, "What did you name yours?"

She paled and said, "That, my friend, is something I won't tell."

He laughed and got serious for a moment. "Izzy, thank you for becoming my friend. I know we didn't start off well, but I'm glad you came around."

"Me too, Craig."

*********

When spring break came, Craig went home and saw Mia for the first time since she left. They were both so focused on work and studying, that they couldn't get in sync on a way to get together.

When he pulled into her parents' driveway, she ran out to his car before he had a chance to get out.

She practically tore the handle off of the door as she flung it open and jumped into the seat to kiss and hug him.

"I missed you so much," she said between kisses.

"Mmm, me too, baby. My parents are gone today, do you want to head over to my place?"

"Hell yes! Let's go," she answered.

*********

After they made love, Craig held her as they lay together in his bed and she snuggled into his chest.

"You should take over the apartment next year so we can have a place to do it when I come down."

"I can't afford it. I've only got one year left anyway, so I can tough it out in the dorm."

"God, I miss you so much, baby. I'm going crazy without you."

"Oh, yeah? I brought you a present to make sure that you don't miss me too much."

She clapped her hands and said, "Gimme, gimme!"

Craig got up and went to his bag. He pulled out a brown paper bag and tossed it onto his bed. She tore the package open and looked at him in shock.

"That bitch!" She shouted as he laughed at her.

"I figured Craig II might need some recharging."

She laughed and tossed the batteries back at him.

"Even with two-ee, it's hard missing you, baby."

"I'm sure. Thank God, Craig II is always hard."

He laughed at his own bad joke and she gave him the 'come here' finger crook. "Let's get the original Craig hard, shall we?"

*********

After Spring Break, Mia was busy with work. The spring is the company's busiest time of year and she was thrust into the middle of it. She and Craig did Skype calls as often as they could but with his studying and her long hours, they couldn't connect much.

Mia was picking up lunch for the office on a rainy April morning when she ran into Bryson.

"Mia is that you?"

"Oh my God, Bryson! How are you?"

"I'm great, just grabbing lunch. How've you been? How's Izzy?"

"I'm good, I'm taking my certification next week and Izzy will finish school in a few weeks."

"That's great. Are you still seeing that guy?"

"Yeah, Craig. He's back at school until next month."

Bryson was still mad about how Craig was so flippant towards him and how Izzy dared to stop seeing him. He got Mia's number when they met under the pretense of giving her some business. He knew the time was right to get her. He knew he could easily take her away from Craig.

"Wow!" he said. "You must miss him like crazy?"

"Yeah, it's hard, but we're getting through it."

"Good. Listen I won't keep you, it was great to see you again. Maybe we could meet up sometime and talk about giving your company some business. Do you still have the same number?"

She brightened up and said, "Yep. Call me anytime!"

She was surprised when he hugged her goodbye. She smelled his cologne and felt his bulge press into her stomach and she was immediately turned on and flushed.

"Okay, I'll talk with you soon."

As he walked away she tried to shake off her arousal. "Jesus, girl," she thought, "forget it!"

Bryson knew that he'd have her when he next saw her.

*********

On Izzy's last day at school, Craig was over helping her pack. She was leaving on Friday and Craig was being Craig and making sure she had all of the help that she needed.

"So, Izzy?" He asked softly. "Are you going to start seeing Bentley again when you get home?"

"It's Bryysssonn," she said imitating Bryson's arrogant inflection.

"No, I have no intention of dating him. He is so not my type."

"Why not? He's rich, good-looking, and according to Todd, he's going to be CEO of his dad's company in a few years."

"I don't care about any of that. Well, maybe the good-looking part, but I want someone that will treat me well, not someone who looks at his own reflection in the mirror while he's having sex."

Craig looked up and said, "Oh my God! He really did that?"

Izzy threw a shoe at him and said, "No, you ass. I didn't have sex with him. Didn't he remind you of the guy in American Psycho?"

Craig laughed and said, "You know what? He does remind of that guy."

They laughed together and she saw that he was walking towards her nightstand.

"Wait!" She shouted. "I'll pack that drawer."

"Oh," he said, remembering the vibrator she had in the drawer. "Sorry, I...uh, forgot."

"It's okay. I really shouldn't be embarrassed about Crai..., about it, Craig. I've already shown it to you."

She couldn't believe that she almost called it Craig in front of him. She was mortified, but he didn't seem to notice.

Craig noticed. He was going to pick on her for it but decided against it. He didn't want to upset her. He was flattered and felt bad, for a moment, over the irony that she liked him now, but turned him down when she had a chance to go out with him.

*********

The next day, she was loading her car when she saw Craig running up the sidewalk. He had his shirt off and was dripping with sweat. Obviously, he was finishing his morning run.

"Hey, you started early. I was gonna help you load up."

She looked at him and almost had to look away. His hard body glistened in the morning Sun, like dew on the grass. His short, messy hair dripped with sweat and looked like he walked out of a shower. Even the smell of his sweat turned her on.

"Sorry, my dad called me this morning and said he had to work. I'm driving home with some smaller bags and we're coming back tomorrow with the truck. Didn't you get my text?"

"Huh? Oh crap! I don't have my phone on me."

"You don't have your phone? Don't you listen to music when you run?"

"No. I like to think while I run. Music distracts me from that."

"You're weird," she said.

"Yeah, so you've told me. Do you need help with anything else?"

"No, that was my last bag."

His face turned sad and she noticed.

"What's the matter, Craig?"

"Nothing, I guess you were gonna leave without saying goodbye."

"No way! I was going to stop by your dorm. You're the puddin' head that didn't have his phone and missed my texts."

"Right. Sorry."

"It's okay. I'm glad you're here. Craig, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being my protector for the last few years. I know you were watching over me, even after the party incident.

"Whatever. Of course, I was going to look out for you. You were my...you're Todd's sister."

She looked at him with a forlorn expression. She pulled him into a hug and he tried to protest.

"Izzy, no. I'm a sweaty mess."

"I don't care." She hugged him tightly, enjoying the feeling of his body against hers.

"Craig?"

"Yeah?"

"It would've only taken one more time. I knew instantly that I made a mistake and I'm sorry to have hurt you. I'll see you tomorrow."

She ran to her car, quickly started it, and drove off without looking back. If she had she would have seen Craig standing where she left him with his shoulders slumped and his head down thinking about what could've been.

**********

That night after catching up with her parents, she called Mia to go out and celebrate being finished with school.

Mia said, "Sorry, hun. I'm going out to dinner with my parents and some other crusty old people. How about next week?"

"Sure, that's fine. Enjoy yourself tonight."

"Yeah right, talk to you soon."

Izzy called her friend Maria, who went to school locally, and they agreed to meet at a club in town. When they got there it was already busy with a DJ and dancing.

"Look, Izzy! It's retro night."

The girls did a little scream, found a table, and made their way to the dance floor. Izzy loved the music of the '90s and even some of the 80's remixes that they played on retro night.

She got lost in the music until she saw Bryson out of the corner of her eye. She shouted, "Hey, let's get a drink." Maria gave her the thumbs up and they pushed through the crowd to the bar.

Maria asked, "Who are you looking for?" Seeing Izzy looking around the dance floor.

"Just this guy I went out with a couple of times. He works with my Mom. He's a douche bag and I want to avoid him."

"We could go somewhere else if you want?"

"No, it's fine. I don't even see him anymore."

"Hey! Mia's here," Maria said pointing to a table across the room.

Izzy looked over and saw her. She was alone and dressed for a club, not dinner with her parents.

"That bitch!" Izzy said.

"What?"

"Mia lied to me. She told me she was going out with her parents. What the hell is she doing here."

Izzy was watching her and then she almost fell over in shock when Bryson kissed Mia and sat down next to her.

"Maria, change in plans. We're on recon tonight. Mia is here with the douche bag and she's supposed to be faithful to Craig."

Izzy took out her phone and snapped a picture of them holding hands. Mia had a big smile on her face.

"Maybe it's not that bad. Maybe she's just using him for a night out."

Izzy looked at her with an "are you stupid" expression and Maria said, "Oh shit."

Izzy snapped her head around and saw them making out at the table. She switched to video and caught a few seconds of them playing tonsil hockey.

She thought about calling Craig, but he would be at work. She knew she had to tell him though. She also knew it would break his heart.

Mia and Bryson got up to leave and made their way to the door hand in hand. Izzy and Maria followed and they saw Mia kiss him again at his car. Izzy caught it on video again.

"Get in quick," Izzy yelled.

They followed Bryson and Mia to Izzy's neighborhood.

"That ass did end up buying a house here," she sneered.

She drove slowly, a good ways behind him, knowing that he couldn't lose her in the quiet neighborhood. There was one Main Street in a circle and the houses were set in on cul de sacs. He turned on to a street, pulled into his garage, and closed the door.

"What do we do now?" Maria asked as Izzy stopped in front of the house next door.

"Coitus interruptus, my friend."