All Comments on 'You Picked a Fine Time, Lucille'

by LT56linebacker

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
saddletramp1956saddletramp19567 months ago

The Tramp definitely approves. 5*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Sometimes the good do prosper!

5

Storm113Storm1137 months ago

Good story. 5*, but over 27 million in loans on the farm?

kelchakelcha7 months ago

China lifted 700 million people out of poverty in the last three decades. Might be good if they stuck there nose in our business more.

4* cause there needed to be more justice for the ex.

A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

Karma isn't always a bitch. You got my vote, Mr. Bear.

Diecast1Diecast17 months ago

Nice story, i enjoyed it. AAAAA++++

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice7 months ago

Very entertaining quick read. The story moved along briskly and you tied things up in a satisfying manner. Thanks for sharing your writing gift.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed7 months ago

This was a nice story with a happy and funny ending. What could be better? 5 of those little celestial nightlights.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey7 months ago

A happy ending for a classic sad country song. I’m still grinning. Thanks.

MwestohioMwestohio7 months ago

Light hearted fun. I remember listening to that song years ago

TajfaTajfa7 months ago

Liked it - very funny but who would loan a dirt poor farmer $27 million? 4 stars

hindsight2020hindsight20207 months ago

Very good!

5*

But is $27 Million a typical farm mortgage?

SkubabillSkubabill7 months ago

An excellent five-star story once again from the Bear. I find myself a little embarrassed, though. I am 76 years old and don't get the joke.

fritz51fritz517 months ago

LT, you just improved my day- thanks. 5 *s

Bry1977Bry19777 months ago

5* that was a great story! and a great song as well!! well done!!!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode667 months ago

I enjoyed this story. 5 stars.

MajorRewriteMajorRewrite7 months ago

Where oh where are you tonight

Why did you leave me here all alone

I searched the world over and thought I found true love

But you met another

And PFFT you were gone

DazzyDDazzyD7 months ago

This song is like... 40 + years old! How do I know this w/o looking it up... happens to be the same age as my son, relevance? The gent at the desk sang A decent rendition of “ you picked a fine time to get pregnant Beck“ . When I was told that the

Rabbit had died!

DD

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Good job. I really enjoyed it. I would also like to throw in that I also recommend reading “Karma”

AccelarVesterAccelarVester7 months ago

A nice, lighthearted, tale of Karma... Thanks, I needed the uplift! 5*

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker7 months agoAuthor

Sorry, I missed one. It was supposed to be a $2,767,500 mortgage on the farm. No matter how many times I go over the dam stories, something always slips through. Sorry again. And fortresses have breastworks, barriers, and obstructions in front of the walls, to slow down the advance by enemy forces. Sound familiar??

Thanks for reading.

The BEAR

jamesapplejamesapple7 months ago

Very fun story. I enjoyed the hell out of it. And "pouch potato" 😆

TonyspencerTonyspencer7 months ago

Very enjoyable slice of karma.

Jaydean409Jaydean4097 months ago

Funny and entertaining, but please pick either first person or third person and stick to it, the constant switching back and forth really bugs me!!!!

Omart57Omart577 months ago

Very good story, Bear! Thank you for writing!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You have got to love it when a plan comes together. Pretty funny Mr. Bear.

ReadyOneReadyOne7 months ago

Enjoyed the story where all turned out so well.

.

I read the Karma essay. Can't believe I was one of so few. Perhaps Literotica statistics keeping is problematic?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

LT56 understands what a Loving Wives story is about. 5★

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You are never really down on your luck when you have good people around. Except for Lucille.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Typos notwithstanding, over $27 million for loans against a previously and currently struggling farm is a stretch even for a fun, over the top story like this.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You picked a fine time to leave me Lu squeal, fo hungry chitlins...

SorchakSorchak7 months ago

Two stars due to the point-of-view switching mid-way through the story. First person or 3rd person, not both. That's almost as annoying as authors who can't keep names right.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Enjoyable story especially considering the recent power all win. As in this story, I hope the person that won can use the money for the betterment of their family, friends, and the world in general

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I thought it was an above average story. So I gave it a 3.5, and just rounded up. :)

Tomh1966Tomh19667 months ago

5 for the world's most predictable story and to counter the 1 bombers who will show up and flame... everything.

PondLife2023PondLife20237 months ago

Another great story.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle7 months ago

The change in perspective was off putting and without any warning. It was also unnecessary.

You did everything you could to heap as much shit on this guy as you could. You turned him into a modern day Job short of killing his entire family and burning down his farm.

All in all, it was ok but less loving wife and more non erotic.

ZebcannonZebcannon7 months ago

Even though from the start is was predictable I still enjoyed the story. I also liked the touch of the new dog. When Karma steps in its no holds bar. Thanks for some laughs. 5 big stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another turd from the bear.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fun tale. Kind of thing needed around here at times!

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A little predictable but still interesting and creatively put together.

And to add to the humorous ending; the real words come to us from the local aquarium ..."You picked a fine time to leave me you seal"

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Feel good predictable story, but it made me feel good. Missed the PA Cash 5 400k lottery by one number…The last one drawn. So feeling good reading this was a good thing. Got 200.00. Yikes

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Cut to the little old homeless woman who wonders around town pushing her shopping cart full of her life’s possessions. The only words she ever mumbles are “what did I do with that lottery ticket?”

Lighten up, it made me smile!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Chiefs loosing to Denver, very funny. You took a 50-50 shot on that and lost.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Kenny Rogers, where are you?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Would a South African understand the fortress joke? I hear that Texas jokes are much bigger there than here...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

"she cut him off entirely. Two and a half years." - She can't fuck him for fear of getting pregnant, but she can fuck other guys? She's obviously using birth control, so why not with her husband?

\

"My legal team paid off the loans on the farm-$27,675,000" - He had loans over $27 million?!

\

$97,046,504.76 minus $27,675,000 minus $231,000 equals $69, 140,504.76 so how does he have $70,926,800?

GardenshedGardenshed7 months ago

Very enjoyable story. Loved this line “ and then his dog died. (I figured the poor guy didn't have enough grief in his life.)” that was great. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Still reading, but wait. A $27 million dollar mortgage on a farm owned by a dirt poor farmer? That would be tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars monthly payments. Something wrong here...

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A GREAT tale! Such a outstanding publication! A pearl published in a sea of trash and garbage. Perhaps you should mentor some of the loser writers! Thanks you for this piece.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol7 months ago

*Applause*

Thank you! I smiled a lot while reading this!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Dumb, and boring. Stick to what you know. Or practice more, this was just lame.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Love your sense of humour!

Corny1974Corny19747 months ago

Oh, I so needed to read this today. Thank you, Bear!

ttt59ttt597 months ago

I think Kenny Rogers would be pleased with the Bear. Well done, again!

VinastodaVinastoda7 months ago

I love it when good people get treated the way they deserve. 10 stars

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69897 months ago

Feel good stories are always welcome, even if they are corny.

crazymike45crazymike457 months ago

I liked it. Karma at her best.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sometimes we all need a happy ending. This qualifies. Thank you

BlastusBlastus7 months ago

Thank you for the happy ending.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderher7 months ago
1 Star

Not even entertaining.

A complete waste of time as it is so unrealistic.

If you are massively in debt, you DON'T pay out in a divorce, you divide the debt.

If you own a 2,000-acre farm and the state runs a highway thru it, you get compensated by the state and literally EVERY acre of land near that highway is worth a lot more money than it being just farmland.

Hint: The state would not be needing and taking that whole 2,000-acre farm, either.

I couldn't make it past page one.

rnebularrnebular7 months ago

A nice little walk in fantasy land, thanks. The only criticism I have is the shift from first to third person perspective several times. The story should probably have all been third person. That said, an okay little story.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker7 months agoAuthor

Well, Cumminginsider you don't live in Texas, do you? The State Highway Authority decides they want your land excise right of eminent domain, and take what they want. You lose. And he wanted the custody, so it was a good deal. As to the land on either side being worth a fortune, only if you have access to the highway. The State has a nasty way of condemning the land to make it worthless, so they can have what they want. Thank you, Gov. Abbott. Sorry, friend.

The BEAR

JensensloverJensenslover7 months ago

Not your best, quite boring, and why do writers on this site have eneryone fainting?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

El Oso Viejo se puede!!! Cinco estrellas!

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

This is a fun story, thank you. 5 stars from Xluckylee

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

U writing a country song or a story lol

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice one bear

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a great story (jaybee186)

WargamerWargamer7 months ago

Yeah, not bad. That stupid kept going thru my head tho.

That really annoyed me.

Look forward to your next yarn.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent story Backer, but you’re clearly no

high (or even low) finance guy; so, a couple bits: (1) investment bankers don’t invest individual’s money for them — that’s what brokers and financial advisors do. Investment bankers raise capital (money) for organizations, mostly corporations, in the public equity and bond markets; (2) no finance person worth their salt would recommend paying 37 percent in taxes — 13% more than is currently due)— a year in advance, that is before the gov claims the higher marginal rate. That’s leaving $1m on the table for the gov’t to just scoop up; keep it and get your own gain, which here would be about $1m (7% annual return).

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I enjoyed the story. Thanks. It is your world so all the rules are yours. In this world - the farmland seems a little over-valued (other than if it is in New Jersey or California and apparently some parts of North Dakota) and even then, with a 27 million dollar debt, there is no estate to split up.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fun story...thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fun.

Crusader235Crusader2357 months ago

Fun little story to a great ole song. RIP Kenny. Five stars!

mfbridgesmfbridges7 months ago

lol Author needs to go back to school for some additional math lessons. lol Somehow MC ended up with more money after paying off farm debt.

MarkT63MarkT637 months ago

Great karma story. I am a fan...

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

Another good one, full of fun

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

WONDERFUL, 10 stars!! Everybody got theirs. Matt not only got money, he made sure the people he loved were taken care of, the kids got a real mommy that loved them, Matt got a real wife, and that wife loved her kids. Lucille got hers, too, the old slut still having to sell herself!

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

Great story Bear. You’re definitely at the top of your game. Now turn another great Kenny Rogers song, Ruby, into a story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It turns out that only one ticket was sold for Saturday's drawing.

You appear to be missing a word in this sentence, a rather important word.

It turns out that only one WINNING ticket was sold for Saturday's drawing.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

Thanks for a pleasant and uplifting tale!

Pappy7Pappy73 months ago

Nicely done and refreshingly over the top.

pappy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLT56linebacker@LT56linebacker
I am a mature (read old) gentleman. I have been married for 49 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 10 grandchildren. I live and die with the New York Giants. I am a big Yankees fan. I am also a Vietnam veteran. It's now 50 years. (She decided to renew my option.) I apologize...