All Comments on 'Your Choice'

by 2wrongsandaright

Sort by:
  • 184 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good short tale, but truncated. The second part is almost required. Anyway, he would never know for sure if his bitch wife would cheat on him. She could say "ok I won't cheat" and then cheat anyway in a more smarty way. After this discussion, whatever she would decide, the marriage would be badly compromised anyway, the trust would be gone forever. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

WTF??? In 750 words you can't keep the names straight??? Thank God it's was longer.

Schwanze1Schwanze18 months ago

When she came back he was in the wind along with all their money.

Sumnut96Sumnut968 months ago

WELL done on the 750! 5 stars DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Outside of the Robert / Richard name issue I liked the writing.

I would enjoy a detailed ending for this.

This story lends itself to opening for other writers providing detailed ending versions.

Thank you for this .

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Where's the ending???

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another great set up that is ruined by the dumb 750 word project.

I don’t know who created the 750 word challenge but I really do not like that person.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ol great you did a 750 word story. Now finish The damn story. We all love the after math of one's choices

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Out the door, out of his life. Good story.

Gmann006Gmann0068 months ago

damn straight lifes a bitch and then you die

mndhanson017mndhanson0178 months ago

Not bad, I do wish we had an epilogue or something, he's right, though, if the family moved on, she should have, too, but clearly wasn't over him. Goodbye Sandy, I'll find someone who respects my views and values about marriage, a marriage between two people on. "He'll die without you", then you can have him because I don't want you, you claim you chose me, if that was true, you wouldn't be considering walking away to another man, so no, you never chose me.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is the rare 750-word story that works without feeling incomplete. Well done!

Navy_gunnerNavy_gunner8 months ago

Instead of goodbye, he should have said "I hope you have a good life, I know I won't now."

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It's a dilemma, not a story

SorchakSorchak8 months ago

Robert or Richard, which one is it? 2.5 stars for the name eff-up. It shouldn't be hard to keep the names straight in a short-ass story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story that I wish was in a 2nd part. Maybe it will! She returns after her night & finds her husband---- (That's for the author to finish, even tho I can surmise what happens next.) 4 stars for writing- successfully!-- a difficult 750 word story. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I hate 750 word, so-called, stories. This could have been a hell of a story. First of all, what kind of ego thinks one night of sex with her is going to solve a lifetime of problems he's going to have? The husband could have brought that up in conversation and then offered to join forces with her to help him for real. Get him professional help, introduce him to friends, and help him rebuild his life. Of course, this would be a test of his wife's fidelity and the integrity of the man they're helping. Would either of them betray him? That question could be looming throughout the story. Hell, I might write this myself.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Rent a billboard close to home, and put up all the details of how she wanted to be 'compassionate' by fucking another man outside her marriage. Let the community decide if they like it any better, while you pack up all her shit and move it into a storage facility, then let the lawyers sort it out.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If he even lets her go without at least a "if you do this, we are over. Don't bother coming back because our marriage ends the nanosecond you go to him" then he's not making it clear enough for such a delusional cum dumpster to be sure of absorbing the message. If she still goes, well, no reason to feel the slightest inkling of regret for what happens next. And yeah, I wouldn't just sit around and wait to find out the details, or whether or not she could be 'compassionate' only one time or not. I'd probably see to it the guy had to have a medical device fitted to ever so much as urinate again, but that's a separate issue. If this is the quality of individual you married, you really do NOT want her to come back, ever.

XluckyleeXluckylee8 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I would already be moving all of her belongings out of the house.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"Instead of goodbye, he should have said "I hope you have a good life, I know I won't now.""

-

Maybe the opposite: "I hope you have a BAD life, I know I'll have a good one."

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Stay with such a slut wife would be a suicide. These brainless wives with their brain between their legs, are going to be die alone, after whoring around for a few years.

Nothingman83Nothingman838 months ago

Choices have consequences. Perhaps a follow up so that the wife can see what hers' are.

MissMudMissMud8 months ago

I agree with some of these comments. Loved the story, but it needs to be completed. I want to know the consequences she forced on both of them. complete the cycle.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I agree 100% with this: AnonymousAnonymous28 minutes ago

If he even lets her go without at least a "if you do this, we are over. Don't bother coming back because our marriage ends the nanosecond you go to him" then he's not making it clear enough for such a delusional cum dumpster to be sure of absorbing the message. If she still goes, well, no reason to feel the slightest inkling of regret for what happens next. And yeah, I wouldn't just sit around and wait to find out the details, or whether or not she could be 'compassionate' only one time or not. I'd probably see to it the guy had to have a medical device fitted to ever so much as urinate again, but that's a separate issue. If this is the quality of individual you married, you really do NOT want her to come back, ever.

Also, it's not Tom's fault the guy went into the military and got captured. Tom had to rebuild Sandy after "Richard" left. That allowed them to get close enough to marry. She must have forgotten her vows to "forsake ALL others" too.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I agree with anonymous from 36 minutes ago, in that I hate 750 word want to be stories. This one could have been fleshed out and made into a real story with some time and effort. I hope he does write a real story based off this one, as there's so much that could have been added to make it interesting. FTDS would add at least 2 or 3 more pages just to finish this.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Would like a follow-up ending. Fascinating build-up; would like to see how you finish it. The dismissive angry trolls notwithstanding, this actually is a nuanced story, and not necessarily a “slut wife looking for a hall pass trope.” Her ex was held captive for years, presumably serving his country, suffered during captivity, while also losing all of those he held fear, so the idiots talking about mutilating him and the wife are just tha- idiots probably living in grandma’s basement. Losers. Giving this guyone night one night of compassionate company doesn’t seem tome to qualify for maiming. Of course those calling loudly for it would/could never actually do it. And a night of compassion under these circumstances is hardly just giving into” the slut impulse.” I know that’s the singular lens through which the trolls see and interpret everything in these stories, by then presumably authors are writing these stories hoping that at least occasionally a real

Adult will read them and appreciate some level of nuance. So author, the adults are curious as to how you see your fictional characters resolving the dilemma you so ably posed in round one.

MightyHornyMightyHorny8 months ago

Such a premise deserves better than 750 words.

But I guess will take what we can get...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"I'm already gone" if I was him.

ecboyecboy8 months ago

I agree with mighty horny. The premise deserves along a story, but thank you.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades8 months ago

Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A good start to a story, but definitely missing something at the end.

GrimmerGrimmer8 months ago

Missing something … I know! Those two last words. 😉

fritz51fritz518 months ago

I so admire those who pull off a good 750 word story. That said, there is nothing stopping you from writting a follow up. 5 *s in hope that you give us one.

TexarManTexarMan8 months ago

She made her choice to permanently damage most likely destroy her marriage. Selfishness on her part. Husband will always be wondering he was second choice. Will she want to do this again. His feelings doesn't matter enough to her. There is a greater plan for our lives depending on what path we choose. We where given free choice be can't get do over if we don't like the out come. Like in the story " February Sucks " so many people posted there ending. Lots of possible drama hurt feelings. Old boyfriend needed help counseling to help him move on with his life. Her doing this then going back to her husband will most likely do her ex boyfriend more harm than good unless her plan is to dump husband. She is selfish only thinking what she wants maybe both guys. ( this needs someone to finish the d--- story) I like it but only 4+ because it has no ending.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

""Forgive me, Tom, but he'll die without me. I'll see you on Sunday."

"No. You won't. Because our marriage dies the second you walk out the door."

When Sandy returned, she found a realtor's sign on the front lawn, the house empty of Tom's belongings, and a wedding band on top of a short note that read "I tried to tell you, but you refused to listen. Expect to hear from my lawyer. Goodbye."

Sandy spent the next two years in a mental hospital before she was finally able to accept what she did to her marriage. Richard was found dead of a stab wound three months after Sandy was released. Sandy's prints were found all over the knife.

She was found "Not Guilty by reason of insanity", and returned to the asylum. She remained a patient until she died 10 years later.

As for Tom, he found someone he could count on, and married within the year. After that, they both lived happily ever after.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban8 months ago

The story is complete as written. But there's a lot that could be told from the closing words forward.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not sure why Sandy feels "He'll die without me." What she isn't listening to are Tom's words and realizing that her marriage is on life support and as she closes the door it's heartbeat monitor goes into a steady death tone.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu8 months ago

Stubborn wife just didn't get it.

I've always think once a wife ask for a permission to have sex with another man, it is the beginning of the end.

That is unless the guy is a doormat or a willing cuckold half-man.

Yeah, it is the end for marriage.

But I wish there was a normal ending.

It is a bit hanging. I would have liked to know the consequences in the aftermath of her excursion.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A lot of commenters said somethings along the lines of what I was thinking; this is an extremely good 750 word project--one of the best I've ever read on here imo--but it would make a great story to continue and flesh out. I do think this is a good stand alone with a great ending points us in the direction of how it'll go, but imo I'd love to see more of these characters and what their choices lead to.

mfbridgesmfbridges8 months ago

I agree with Mac, at the point she asks permission she's already cheated emotionally.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

too much story for 750 words. 3 stars

.. and that is a gift

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson8 months ago

Add my name to the list of people who would live to see this 5 star 750 turned into a longer story.

rbloch66rbloch668 months ago

Pretty cliche. This scenario never works out well for the married couple.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A lot of sentences missing from this story, why spoil the balance of your work just to fit a fixed number of words. If necessary write another part.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why is it these sluts don't ever try to imagine how they would feel if the shoe were on the other foot? And yes could benefit from more development.😇

Lyon796Lyon7967 months ago

Succinct and powerful story, no wasted words. Five stars.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594197 months ago

That was/is an excellent topic choice or argument even a debate lol anyways great story it's well written.

🙊🙈🙉💨🤬

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Robert/Richard? An okay vignette. Three stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Epilogue: Tom had some connections and after Sandy and Robert / Richard fucked like bunnies and were exhausted four men burst into their hotel room, overpowered them, sedated them and hauled them off. When they awoke there were back with "the animals" that had held him captive for four years. The leader laughed and spat in his face. "You think last time was bad puta? This time you work as our faggot whore 7 days a week, but at least you will have company of this cheating skank slut." He walked over to Sandy and slapped her face. "That is from your husband whore. He says for you to try and enjoy what little life you have left. At least you will be with your lover." They made a good deal of money for their owners before the STD's did them in a couple years later.

someoneothersomeoneother6 months ago

Proof positive that one should never ask, but simply cheat behind spouse's back.

Richard is a far more likeable person than many of the anonymous commentators below.

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

Only JPB can get away with unfinished stories, he has earned that with us readers (after writing hundreds of stories). Unfortunately to the rest they are just unfinished stories. This one is a potential 5. You are a really good writer and I enjoyed what there was of this story

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A vignette, not a story. Three stars.

JPB

inka2222inka22226 months ago

It's a good start, but there was NO resolution - importantly no downside for the selfish uncaring bitch. 2 stars.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married876 months ago

A very good first part. I hope you will put out a part 2 from Sandy's point of view and the aftermath of her decision. Looking forward to reading the next part hopefully.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ6 months ago

Still unfinished. I am removing a star since it is not my job to make up an ending in my head for your story. It a good start but...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good start, but needs a Part 2. At this point, no diff than a 100 other stories.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594195 months ago

I still think this deserves at least a epilogue

🙉🙈🙊💨🤔

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove5 months ago

Oh yeah, we need a part two. Hopefully she gets her head out of her ass. Fine writing my friend.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sorry, but I don’t share the view that she has her head up her ass. I do not think her request is unreasonable . Frankly, with all her ex has lost and his sacrifice for his country I presume,, makes one evening with him reasonable. Were I her husband, I’d allow it under the extraordinary circumstances. A life live in absolutes isn’t much of a life. Moreover, him dumping her just sends her back to her ex, who perhaps in context, all things considered, deserves her more anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good little snapshot, aside from the misnaming of the ex husband. Honestly, it’s a hard choice for someone to make, but I sincerely think it’s incorrect.

Tom is correct that something about this reminiscing could spark a need to reconcile totally with Richard. Sandy, I think, is honestly trying to be compassionate, but a choice by its very nature closes off other possibilities. So, she may not be totally horrendous with her request, but Tom is totally not at fault here. He thought he was getting a faithful wife. This is a door that Sandy should have left closed.

Can it work for Sandy and Richard? I’m not sure. They’ve both changed. It cannot work for Tom and Sandy, though with this decision. So I feel some pity for Sandy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Could have been shorter... "Please say something, Tom. I know this is difficult, but I think this is the only way forward. I need you to allow me to do this or I'm going to live with regret for the rest of my life."...

"So you're going to fuck Tom, OK". I stood up, pulled her to her feet, then slapped her across the face so hard she saw stars. I then locked her in the basement while I made arrangements. Two days later, four men showed up in a van. I brought her out. "So long cheating skank slut. Since you want to fuck others so much I've sold you to a Mexican cartel that owns several whore houses in Tijuana. Have fun until the STD's get you. Bye bitch!" She was trying to scream "No and please and I love you when her new employer slapped her face to shut her up. I guess the whore better get used to being bitch slapped. He lived happily ever after!

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

This would be so much easier if the EX was just some former lover who took a job transfer or something. A captured serviceman who was assumed dead is a completely different matter. It makes it much harder, but it doesn't change my answer. They can meet, and have a few hours in a public place to talk it out. Hugs, a few kisses on the cheek, best wishes and then they both move on with their lives. If that is not enough for her then it means she carries a torch that will not be extinguished and the marriage is doomed to failure.

Sons_LoveSons_Love5 months ago

I overall I enjoyed the very short story and I know it's a 750-word project, but I HATED the way it ended, that's the reason for the 4.....

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A really good 750 word vig ette. Not a story, but within limitations, worth four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I just found I had previously rated it three stars. Frankly, I could go either way on it.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Omg please do a part 2! I may die without one lol

He's right to tell her no, she's going to see another man, a former lost love, for a whole weekend. That's unacceptable. If it was for a few hours in the day that would be fine, but not multiple nights.

Please do a chapter 2!

All the commenters want one! It's too good to not see where it goes

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just my wife asking for one night of sex ends the marriage. Also how do you stop her meeting him at any time of day?

Talking ione time with me present is one thing but sex is out.

OPrimeOPrime5 months ago

It was almost a story.

TexarManTexarMan5 months ago

We all know she just ended her marriage but I still like to hear the ending and not be left hanging. What happened to FTDS.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved it, Great ending does not require any more writing. “Goodbye” is a good end to any story.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

3 stars on this potential 4 star story. Putting this on 750 words cut the story too much, not allowing the completion. Mainly, WHAT happened the next day, the reactions/ dialogues from both.

For not wanting/ allowing his wife to meet her ex, he's right. The guy's in her past, not present or future. Worse, she wants to spend more than 1 day with him? He called it right- it's all on her.

That's what brought down the story to 3 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

In my opinion, it It was a mistake to put these excellent ideas into a 750 word format. This has the bones to be a top level story. You have so much here that it is begging for more detail and development. I'm asking, Please take this concept and build on it. This has so much potential.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I agree with many others, this is a deep storyline idea. It really isn't a great fit for a 750. Most 750's fail IMHO because of that. I find only a small percentage actually work. Go ahead and do another one on this.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594194 months ago

2nd time around reading the story what is there to say or do? Your Damned if you do and damned if you don't or won't. They were already lost the moment the subject was brought up. IDK maybe not 100% but at least 80% - 85% of a damaged relationship...

🙈🙉🙊💨😱🤔🤬

WargamerWargamer4 months ago

Stupid delusional bitch.

She deserves what’s coming to her. A shame she will profit from her appalling behaviour

5/5

BlueEyd2BlueEyd24 months ago

The story wasn't too bad right up until the ending. She kept claiming it was just one night and then it would be over for ever. Then her parting comment is that he will die without her!?!?! WTF. No way this would be a one and done affair.

And then the whole asinine and frankly idiot comments about how the "reunion would be even more thrilling because of the excitement while we were apart."

Him leaving her was the only saving grace to this story.

patilliepatillie4 months ago

Not bad for a 750'r, most of these are just a scene and leave many things open. This did a decent job of closing the loop

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"Can't you let me have this one night to reminisce with a man that I thought I would spend my life with?" - Who's to say it will be just one night? If this guy is SO special that she'll risk her marriage for "just one night," maybe she'll decide that she just can't leave him.

danbo56danbo564 months ago

I am not a great fan of 750 words but this is a classic example that has the bones to be a fantastic story there is so much life left in this story 3 stars that could have been 5 sorry I would love to see a part 2 or even a re-write by you or another author

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nice again, glad to see you've expanded it, moving on to that one...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well done... as a 750word story. But a lot left out. The what happened when the ex & she met again, what happened after she returned. IF she returned. She begs her husband for the one night to reminisce their past "or he'll die" if they don't. And that line, let alone, suggests not one but many repeats. If he's not playing, he needs psychriatric help. If he is, he has her hooked.

What'll he do when she leaves? Again, will she be willing to leave & return home. Also missing is what happens when/if she returns. Husband there, gone, there with her clothes & stuff on the front lawn... all kinds of possibilities. This story begs for a bit longer (at least) conclusion. But within the parameters, 4 stars. Bob

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user2wrongsandaright@2wrongsandaright
Entering a new phase of life and trying some new hobbies. I have submitted My Choice for approval. It's an expansion of the Your Choice 750 word project. Hopefully it will satisfy those of you that wanted more detail