All Comments on 'Your Choice'

by 2wrongsandaright

Sort by:
  • 184 Comments
VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne7 months ago

Poor Tom. He will still get the blame when the marriage fails.

ju8streadingju8streading7 months ago

that marriage is toast

GRG20463GRG204637 months ago

She is stupidly selfish if she thinks she is not destroying thei marriage

TajfaTajfa7 months ago

Very good but would love to read a longer version including the fallout.

PraetusPraetus7 months ago

An interesting vignette. I would like to see a breakdown of the rationale. We get the I love yous and the urges but never have we had a real dive into the why - or what love actually IS or means.

It's a weird one. This is clearly her wanting this but trying to frame it as a noble deed, almost a sacrifice. He's right - he's being set up as the bad guy. And the petulant one complaining about such a tiny thing

But he's right. The next question is what happens when Richard or Robert calls and says "I'm on the edge again" - she'll dash off. Being the gothic heroine, loving the tragedy.

Her husband is basically a safe harbour in her eyes. He isn't a person he is a comfort and an accessory. She doesn't love him she wants him as a security. Which isn't love. It's fondness for a familiar, comfortable thing.

Because love involves sacrifice and selflessness. It involves deferring or ignoring or avoiding things that will harm your partner. Not just following whims.

jazzharpjazzharp7 months ago

Yes, "Goodbye, Sandy."

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Another one bites the dust!

4

kage440kage4407 months ago
What happens then?

I'd love to see a followup where she goes to the resort with Richard and Richard sees how she destroys her current marriage and decides she's only worth the romp in bed for the weekend and then drops her for hi "true love".

Sh'e be out her marriage and her lover. Just sayin.

payenbrantpayenbrant7 months ago

I know this is a 750 word challenge, but this really needs a more developed ending. So five stars for the content, and three stars for me personally for the ending.

5 stars for doing a good job on being short and to the point.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf7 months ago

Very well written. Good set up. But this isn't a story. It's a set up. I hate these 750 word things. They are just basically set ups to stories. You are a good writer. So now that you've met the 750 word challenge, go back and rewrite this. Give us the full story. As I've said many times in LW, FINISH THE DAMNED STORY!

MattblackUKMattblackUK7 months ago

A good start of what will, when finished, be an excellent story. Please continue it.

miket0422miket04227 months ago

I'm not much of a fan of the 750 word concept. That being said, this is an excellent example.

There's no question this had the potential to be a very good full length story.

However, for the commenters who are howling for this story to be finished. This is an entire, complete story unto itself. The author gave us to who's, what's and why's

Well done sir. Very well done. Keep up the great writing and thank you for sharing your talents.

GarySmith69GarySmith697 months ago

Good story and the only plausible outcome. Time to tell all her friends and family and anyone else they know what she is going to do and make it crystal clear the husband doesn't want her to this. The choice is all hers if she goes through with it then its her who will be left with the consequences.

crazycam69crazycam697 months ago

Yet another sloppy story where a character’s name changes. First, it’s “Robert”. Then it’s “Richard”.

Impo_64Impo_647 months ago

"Goodbye" indeed was the only option! No need to be finished! She ended everything herself with her stupid choice! 4*

jasonnhjasonnh7 months ago

"he'll die without me"

And she has a magic pussy that will cure the guy with one dose?

Classical delusional woman. Strong man that doesn't waffle and doesn't acquiesce.

The weakness of a 750 story is that it doesn't allow any long explanation of the topic. With a simple theme, that can work. The theme here is more complex and cannot be resolved in a short format. She walks away confident she is in the right and delusionally unaccepting of the price she will pay. One of the important aspects in the "Loving Wives" stories is seeing the cheater pay a price for their actions. This format precludes that. It might have been more effective to shift the time to after the cheating, wife meets ex husband, a brief summation of what happened, and then the impact on the wife as she is now fully aware how it hurt her husband and what it cost her.

dragonmann72dragonmann727 months ago

The only thing I find wrong with this story (except Robert/Richard) is the time line. He was held captive for only four years, in that time she grieved, she met another man, they courted and they married. Either she didn't really love Robert/Richard, she didn't grieve, they married just after he disappeared or she was lying to both of them.

Robert/Richard should have honored her new situation and moved on unless he just want another roll in the hay at her marriage's expense.

Buck1974Buck19747 months ago
750 annoyance

Yes a great story ruined by this 750 word garbage. This could be and should be a fantastic story if you let it run instead of killing it midway . It has all the hallmarks of what could be a superb story yet you are killing it with this 750 word garbage. I’m so sorry for this rant but it’s a great story which is being really ruined by only writing 750 words and to me that is a true tragedy.

MightyheartMightyheart7 months ago

Agree with 'Tajfa'

Would like to read an expanded version and the fall out.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ7 months ago

Her Florence Nightingale syndrome will kill the marriage. Robert won’t be the man she fantasized about after he disappeared. He will take what she offers then tell her he has too much life to catch up on and walk away to find other experiences. She will lose everything.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzy7 months ago

Agree with others. Needs a part 2 to explain what happens after her night away. Does hubby disappear, btb, reconcile? Is her night away what she thought it would be, I suppose former boyfriend changed quite a bit given what happened, maybe he’s now a broken man, perhaps distrustful, which would be understandable.

goodshoes2goodshoes27 months ago

No need for a part 2. His last comment "Goodbye Sandy" was enough. That is a "goodbye forever" statement.

MasterKoteMasterKote7 months ago

Although I feel another chapter should happen but really not necessary. She made her choice and I believe he did as well once she walked at that door

Bry1977Bry19777 months ago

needs more! part two for fall out. more explanation on whats happening.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Really well written piece but not a complete story on either end of the timeframe. 4.0*

BarryJames1952BarryJames19527 months ago

Sometimes, a good appetizer is all you need. I’m not a fan of word count challenges, but you did well. Robert or Richard? I can get over that. I know how tough it can be to keep names straight when writing.

The biggest problem I have with 750 word challenges is that the reader has no chance to invest in the characters. I liked this. I gave it 5*. I’ll also forget it by lunch. The potential in this story for real emotional depth is off the charts, but in 750 words it can only be shallow. Nice work, but a fully fleshed out offering would be great.

Undecided2BsureUndecided2Bsure7 months ago

So is he a dual personality, Richard or Robert? In 750 words you couldn't keep the antagonist straight?

SithLord6969SithLord69697 months ago

One can only hope that Robert was well treated by his captors because I feel his treatment from this wronged husband will be much , much worse! 5 stars.

SkubabillSkubabill7 months ago

I agree with BarryJames1952 completely. I hope 2wrongs or someone else writes a sequel. I can see where a person in isolated captivity would have a lot of problems adjusting after release, and this could cause huge problems for their loved ones. Four stars.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker7 months ago

Needs a second part. 4 stars from the bear. Please, crucify her. grow a pair, Tom.

The BEAR

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice7 months ago

Personally, I loved it, 5*. This doesn't need an ending or more detail. I say "Bah!" to those that want a story beat into the ground. This was to the point and did not include unnecessary details. Great short story writing only needs the important stuff. We know that Tom is leaving Sandy and Sandy is only looking at her feelings (and maybe her ex).

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit7 months ago

This was really interesting... I know that you are going to be savaged by the needs a longer conclusion crowd and you made a name mistake, but this was very, very well written. I would suggest throwing it open to letting a few authors write what happens next.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69897 months ago

I love the question posed in this story, but I equally love the answer given. I believe asking the question ended the marriage,

mstbdscrt1957mstbdscrt19577 months ago

Sandy made her decision and Tom made his. "Goodbye Sandy." Toms Final statement is end of story.

BehindbluisBehindbluis7 months ago

I thought the ending was just fine, but I know you're going to catch hell for it. It could go either way but it was a great job. Thanks for the story.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion7 months ago

I gave it 4-stars only for the last line in the story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wish you would have made this one a bit longer. It was just enough to Kickstart the plot, then flatlined.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Tom deserves so much better.

Please tell me you're doing a part 2!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good right up until the point you either ran out of thoughts or words and then the bottom fell out of the whole story when you failed to finish it. I simply detest stories in which the author either wants me to "imagine" my own ending or thinks they are being clever by not finishing the story. BAH!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

No matter what he said her mind was made up, funny thing is, the relationship with the other guy is doomed too. Trying to build a loving relationship upon the ruins of your other love is like building a house on a foundation of sand.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Any statement starting with "If you (really) love me...." indicates that the scene involves at least one severely flawed character. The rest is just gap filling.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Poor soul. He has no one and now neither does the husband or his wife. What a fool she is. Its only sex, right? Not love, BS. Good short story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Y’all go get it the last sentence tells it all, he says goodbye, Sandy, he will be gone Sunday.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture7 months ago

Downside with these 750 word projects is its almost like a writer does them as they can't complete a full story. Seen many do a good write up for 750 words but when they attempt to expand it goes south. 4 from me as this could have been more.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Such a short story, and you could not sort out whether old loves name was Robert or Richard. You got the R right though, congratulation on that!

ReadyOneReadyOne7 months ago

Then we shall die without each other.

servant111servant1117 months ago

Not even a sketch

3 stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good start, however, it needs a second part outlining what happened next.

bobareenobobareeno7 months ago

Nice start. But only a start.

skruff101skruff1017 months ago

It needs an aftermath chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Yes please include the no fault divorce she is served with at Robert's place

GardenshedGardenshed7 months ago

Nice short story, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Duh! Were u on something high when u wrote???

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It's a true challenge to write a 750 piece with satisfying closure, and while I think you did an excellent job, like others have said, this could indeed have follow-up. Doesn't NEED one, but could.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Is she staying with both Richad and Robert?

PondLife2023PondLife20237 months ago

She cheated from the moment she thought about going with another man.

She’s totally untrustworthy!

He’d never have another days peace if he didn’t BTB! Then do his best to destroy the cause of his problem.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Concise and sad well written

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

that plot has major potential. the husband that disappeared captive for 4 years!!! the trials and tribulation that could be spun off of that are endless. I would love to see a 20K word story on that ;-)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This kind of story does not lend itself to 750 words. Would have been better served with more backstory, character insights, and epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Can't even get the characters names right, 1*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He did the right thing

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

If you love me, you would let me boink him.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer7 months ago

Well, we know what sandy chose. Now we just have to see if Tom is true to his moral standards and retains his "backbone" and self respect by dumping his delusional, slut wife. Cheers.

MormonJackMormonJack7 months ago

Great job on a 750 word story, especially given the subject matter and how much more is often needed.

I would love to see a chapter 2 and if you do, no need to limit it to 750 words. But what a challenge that would be!

Gracias! 5 stars.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester7 months ago

I would like to echo others - a second chapter would be great.

5*

Just_WordsJust_Words7 months ago

Well-told moment in time, a pivotal moment with no coming back. Once would never have been enough. I would never trust her in the future. He has to move on.

katibkatib7 months ago

Nice treatment of a difficult situation. Would hope to have a follow-up by the author.

jocko_smithjocko_smith7 months ago

"He'll die without me!" Wait, WHUT ?

Other than that, I liked it. I choose to believe she made her decision, and then he stood by his.

Rocky62Rocky627 months ago

Annulment would be appropriate

AardieAardie7 months ago

A follow up for the divorce would be good.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash7477 months ago

“Goodbye Sandy”, enough said she whored herself out for the other guy. The end of story.

Busman19639Busman196397 months ago

Good bye Sandy, see you in divorce court.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit7 months ago

“Goodbye, Sandy” is too indefinite. He should have told her that there marriage was already over, that he’d never trust her again.

ReedRichardsReedRichards7 months ago

She was never over Robert, and married onthe rebound. At this point, it doesn’t even matter if she has her one night; se wants it and it will eat at her that se didn’t get it.

JayZipJayZip7 months ago

@jocko_smith I assume it's something like he thinks he has nothing left to live for / no connection to anyone bc his family is gone and she is gone. Suicide is an option. So she's going to show him that no, what we had was real, and you can still have love. Or something like that.

It's a cool situation, bc Sandy really is in a tough spot. Not that she's making a good choice, but it is a tough spot. Compare to Andyhym's "Two Rings" (which I guess he's taken down) which has a vaguely similar situation.

A sequel would be interesting. Tom really does divorce Sandy, she cleaves to Robert/Richard – but he has his own troubles, PTSD from his captivity, can't hold onto a job etc. Their life is tough. Tom goes thru a rough phase, so she feels guilty there too. But Tom starts to pick himself back up. Meanwhile Rob/Rich silently resents that she was with another man, and strongly suspects she really loves Tom and only stays out of guilt. Meanwhile there's a lady at the group therapy sessions he goes to, who's had similar experiences. He feels more of a connection with her....

A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

A brilliant example of what can be done in 750 words. Kudos.

maninconnmaninconn7 months ago

No doubts here. Clear lines were drawn, and the goodbye was final. Well done! Thanks for writing!

RePhilRePhil7 months ago

Well done a perfect snapshot of pain

KRD19254KRD192547 months ago

That marriage was doomed the moment she asked for a hall-pass - trust was killed. She already 'emotionally' detached from Tom. Tom needs to be glad they had no kids.

\

But does Richard really want a woman that can so casually humiliate and toss away her husband? If she values her commitments so little why couldn't she do it to Rich?

\

Time for Tom to pack a bag and seek a new life - even if she does not go to Rich for the weekend - she will eventually despise Tom. The serpent has struck that marriage the acidic venom is dripping.

\

5***** Hooyah...

demanderdemander7 months ago

She picked. No way back. D

xtc5xtc57 months ago

She had made her choice even if she didn't know it when she made the decision to give her self to him. I would love to hear the aftermath you would have come up with, but still a wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A sad story very well written, and probably more realistic than most. *****

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

"I need you to allow me to do this or I'm going to live with regret for the rest of my life." - Maybe she'll regret it if she DOES do it.

\

"Can't you see how happy this would make me?" - Yes, HER.

\

"All that love would just come back to you" - All her love should come to him anyway!

\

"our reunion would be even more thrilling because of the excitement while we were apart." - As he said, HER excitement.

\

"you can accept this if you really love me." - That's one of the cheapest cheating wife lines.

\

"He'll die without her." - Talk about an inflated ego! Ge survived four years in captivity, he'll survive without her. Plus, they've both changed.

\

This is another "Torn Between Two Lovers" type story, where only SHE can heal this broken man.

\

FTDS.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

To those saying that the story IS complete, no, the opening act is complete. There's still so much to tell. At the least the author could have authorized follow-ups.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Assume "goodbye" is the ending, but wouldn't mind a follow up. Otherwise just another short story about one more stupid cheating skank slut who doesn't have a brain in her head.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell7 months ago

This doesn't need anything else added to it. It's a stark reality of a bad choice. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Can't wait for the results. Why do women, no matter the reason, think they can check out and fuck someone else for a day and thinks will go on as before on her return. It's so selfish and disrespectful.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So, rather than let Robert die, she killed her husband. A real loving wife.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Know, only 750 words, but what was really missing was a few words on how the marriage was already dead once she asked. How will he ever know that she does not meet up with the guy for a quickie now and then whenever she can? So even if she doesn't go now... when will she?

He should have just said right off the bat to do whatever you want as we are toast.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

If she fucks Richard, why would he have Robert on his mind??

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Robert or Richard? Bob or Duck? It was 750 words, did you even bother to proofread your work? Nice idea though I hate the 750 word “stories” and would rather know what happened next. So many delusional women in these stories, lol.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He was her second choice since first choice was gone for four years. He got it right when he said "...even if you want to come back".

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The story had the correct ending .... its HIS only choice after he learned about her what she showed him!

I will say, though, that 750 words almost never does justice to a story including just one trope, much less the two that this one combined.

As did this one, a 750 word story usually leaves its reader (or at least this one) unsatisfied.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A good read except for one thing. How the hell do you get the name of one of your characters wrong in a 750 word story? Is the ex called Robert or Richard?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Pretty good. Four stars.

.

At least she was honest to some degree. Her choice. Her outcomes and regrets are on her.

.

If he will "die without me" how does that equate to one week end? Sounds more like a life time of having "compassion" for Richard/Robert. Tom smart to move on. Let Sandy be dead to him with short term mourning but no regrets.

ribnitinribnitin7 months ago

good story, good pacing, good conclusion. Add a sequel if you want, but this stands well on its own.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon7 months ago

I think I'll take a stab at finishing this one myself.

Tomh1966Tomh19667 months ago

I liked it. 5* We all know what happened. There are a bunch of longer versions of this exact scenario out there.

BTW. 2 wrongs. Maybe do a longer version with different people.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Was it Robert or Richard?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another story with great potential destroyed by the 750 word bullshit. Sorry I wasted my time.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user2wrongsandaright@2wrongsandaright
Entering a new phase of life and trying some new hobbies. I have submitted My Choice for approval. It's an expansion of the Your Choice 750 word project. Hopefully it will satisfy those of you that wanted more detail