Your Silver Nights and Golden Days Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Wright-Patterson AFB was divided into three areas. My assignment was to ASC in Area B, the original Wright Field named after the hometown heroes Orville and Wilbur Wright. I reported to my new duty station and was directed to my new supervisor, Alice Waters. I was pleased to find that she was a woman, and a beautiful one at that. She was about five years older than me, about 5' 6", with black hair and brown eyes. She was smartly dressed in a lovely pencil skirt, a white button-up blouse, and a matching blazer. Since she was a civilian, I didn't have to salute her when I entered her office.

"Please, Virginia, have a seat. I'm not into formality here, so just sit back, and we'll chat a bit," Alice directed. As she went around her desk to sit down, she was scoping me out while I was scoping her out. I was getting a sense that I wouldn't have to worry about her being personally upset that I was a lesbian. Call it 'gaydar' or whatever, but I was getting some possible hints, not yet confirmed, that she might be that way, herself. I wondered if she was picking anything up from me. "Be careful," I thought to myself. I kept my left hand positioned so she couldn't get a good look at my ring.

"Thank you, Ms. Waters," I said as I sat across from her, throwing up a calm facade I didn't feel.

"Unless we're in a formal setting, I'm Alice," she replied with a smile.

"Okay, Alice. I'm looking forward to my new assignment."

"Yes, I've got you penciled in for the avionics group, specifically the IR sensor suite. You've done an incredible job with IR sensors throughout your career. I'm looking forward to having you on the team."

"Thanks, Alice," I answered, pleased that she was interested in my career.

She leaned in and said in a low voice, "I've also been read into the program you worked on when you were last assigned to this base. I know General Travis, and I'm aware of that situation that didn't officially happen. Your work has made you known to many people with pull, and I'm pleased you wanted to work on this program."

I was taken aback for a second but then leaned in and said, in a low voice, "Thank you. I'm glad I don't have to talk around what I did back then." It was a relief that I wouldn't have to worry about it coming up and having to lie about it if asked.

Alice then sat back and said, "As you know, we're currently going through the down-select between Lockheed and Northrop. It's not going to do much good for you to immerse yourself in both contractors' avionics suites since one of them is going away in the next few months. So, until we know whose avionics suite will be built, I have something a little different for you to do in the coming months."

"Okay," I said, "whatever it is, I'll do the best I can."

"Good," said Alice. "I'm going to send you off to the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) to learn how to do software process assessments. As you may know, the Air Force is making a big push for software process improvement, and the work they're doing at SEI is a direct result of that push."

Alice then turned to the bookshelf, pulled a book off, and turned back to hand it to me. It was titled 'Managing the Software Process' and written by Watts S. Humphrey. As she gave the book to me, I made sure to use my right hand to take it from her. As I pulled it back, she brushed her finger along the edge of my hand. Making sure I didn't react, I pulled the book back into my lap.

"I want you to read this so you'll be prepared for the classes you'll be taking there," Alice continued as she studied my face for any reaction to her touch. Not finding one, she went on, "The next scheduled block of classes will start in two weeks, and I already have you signed up for it. You'll be there for two weeks. Once you're back, we'll get back together to plan the next steps."

"Okay, Alice," I replied, relieved that I apparently passed her test. I was intrigued by the new assignment.

"My administrative assistant, Mary Ann, has all the information for you," Alice said. "I've tasked her to arrange everything for the TDY, so just get with her to get set."

"I will," I said as I got up to leave.

Alice also stood up and walked me to the door, placing her hand lightly on my elbow. I did my best not to react as I felt her touch. As we went out the door, she called out, "Mary Ann, here's Virginia. Once you've shown her what you've already set up, would you show her where her desk is, so she can get settled in? Thanks!"

Alice reentered her office, and I walked over to Mary Ann's desk. She invited me to sit down. We spent the next fifteen minutes going over everything. She asked me a few questions about my preferences for flying and seating and the type of hotel room I wanted. She then showed me where my desk was. Unlike my office at LAAFB, I was out in a sea of cubicles this time. Luckily, they were high-walled cubes, so I had a modicum of privacy.

That night, I discussed my suspicions about Alice with Bonnie. I assured her I would be careful in my dealings with Alice, ensuring that nothing happened between us.

"Sweetie, I'm not worried about your straying," Bonnie said, taking me in her arms and kissing me. "God, I love this woman," I thought to myself as I returned the kiss just as fervently.

After breaking the kiss, Bonnie went on, "I just hope she doesn't try pursuing you or putting you in a precarious position."

"I'll just make doubly sure that anything I say or do can't be misinterpreted," I said.

We then discussed my trip to Pittsburgh for two weeks. I'd be back before my 36th birthday, so Bonnie looked forward to planning for it.

Over the next two weeks, I got settled into my desk and met with the rest of the group, one-on-one, to get to know them and find out what roles they played. They were all hardworking people, and I was pleased that the officers working with me were competent and personable. I managed to avoid spending any private time with Alice, always ensuring any meeting occurred in a public space with other people involved in the conversation.

During this time, Bonnie was looking for a temporary job to keep her busy during the day until the next semester of college started. Bonnie wanted to return to school to get a degree so she could do something more meaningful than waiting tables. Bonnie had always been interested in being a nurse. She was excited to find out that Wright State University, located close to the base, had a bachelor's degree program in nursing. We were hoping that she could go full-time since, in about four years, I'd have to start working on another assignment. There was no guarantee that it would be at WPAFB.

Since I would be gone for two weeks so soon after settling in, we decided to fly Grace in for her first visit while I was gone. Bonnie would help her get her bedroom set up while she was here. Grace was thrilled about the trip and said she was looking forward to it.

The Thursday before I was to leave to go to Pittsburgh, I got a call from Barbara, General Fain's administrative assistant. She told me that General Fain wanted to see me Friday at 9 AM. I was glad that I would be able to meet him before I went off for two weeks.

Shortly after that call, I got called by Mary Ann. She wanted to inform me that Alice wanted me to pop in for a minute. I said, "Okay, Mary Ann, I'll be right there."

I walked over to Alice's office and poked my head into her office. "Come in, Virginia," she said, waving me in to take a seat.

"What's up, Alice?" I asked as I sat down. Today, I was wearing a skirt, and I noticed that Alice's eyes briefly darted to my legs while I crossed them.

Alice smiled and said, "I heard you're going to see the boss tomorrow."

"Yes," I said, smoothing my skirt and drawing another darting look from Alice. "I'm glad I get to see General Fain before I go to Pittsburgh."

"I am, too. The boss needs to know that you're a real go-getter, so make sure you present yourself positively tomorrow," Alice continued. "He's a fire-brand and can be a bit coarse when talking to subordinates. Don't take anything he says personally, and you'll be fine. He's going to try to intimidate you, so stay strong, and whatever you do, don't look down submissively at any time."

"Okay, Alice," I said, both pleased that she was trying to help me and a little disturbed that people need to be warned about General Fain when going in to see him for the first time. "He's really that scary?" I asked.

"He's not really a bad person once you get past his brusqueness, but it can really be intimidating if you're not expecting it," Alice replied. "I'm sure you can handle it, but I wanted to take a moment to give you a heads-up."

"Thanks, Alice," I said. "I appreciate it. You don't have to worry about me."

I got up to leave, and as before, Alice got up to escort me out and again briefly touched my elbow as I left her office. I was even surer now that Alice was interested in more than just my contributions to the team. I again warned myself to be cool and not react. The last thing I needed was to do anything to lead her on. I wouldn't want to disappoint her by rejecting her advances, especially if that rejection causes her to retaliate by outing me.

The following day, I wore my Class-A uniform for my meeting with General Fain. Bonnie fussed over me, making sure my blouse was spotless.

At 8:55 AM, I was in front of General Fain's door. I tried not to be nervous as I stood there, waiting for 9AM, willing myself not to fidget. Promptly at 9AM, Barbara opened his door. I went in, turned to face him, came to attention, and, staring straight ahead, saluted, saying, "Major Hanratty reporting as ordered."

General Fain sat there, appraising me for a few seconds before returning my salute and saying, "At ease, Major. Please be seated."

"Yes, sir," I replied as I sat in the proffered chair.

"I've heard some good things about you, Major, and I'm expecting great things from you. This isn't going to be a picnic. This program is vital to the security of the United States. There isn't going to be any slacking allowed. Is that understood, Major?" General Fain barked at me.

"Yes, sir," I replied, not showing any nervousness as I maintained eye contact with him. "I'm looking forward to making a significant contribution to this program."

General Fain leaned forward, seeing if I would flinch back. When I didn't, he smiled slightly before saying, "That's what I like to hear, Major."

He then sat back and gestured for me to relax. I must have met his approval because he went on, in a more normal voice, "I really meant that, Major ... I have heard a lot of good things about you. I talked to both Col. Lyles and Col. Stevens; they have nothing but great things to say about your work on their programs. I also talked to General Travis, and he had nothing but praise for you, and I have to tell you that that impressed the hell out of me. I need you to do the same here, especially with all the congressional attention on this program. The upcoming down-select is going to make a big impact on how the program goes forward from here."

"Yes, Sir, whatever it takes," I said, relieved that I had passed his test.

"Okay, then, let's be about it," General Fain said, indicating the meeting was over.

I stood up, came to attention, and saluted. Once General Fain returned my salute, I turned and left his office, closing the door behind me.

I walked back to my office, relieved that that ordeal was over, pleased that I had made a good impression on him.

I flew out Sunday on USAir to Pittsburgh. Since I was going to be gone for two weeks, Bonnie drove me to the airport. As we came up to the main entrance, Bonnie stopped the car, and we both jumped out to get my luggage. After pulling both bags out of the truck, I said, "I'll call you as soon as I get checked in. Love you!"

Bonnie took my hand briefly before letting it go, remembering we were in public, and said, "I love you too. Have a safe trip."

I hated that I couldn't just take this beautiful woman in my arms and remind her how I felt about her. I had to settle for a smile as I said, "I promise."

As I entered the terminal, I looked back and saw Bonnie was still standing there, watching me go. My heart swelled, knowing how much she loved me. I hated leaving her, but the coming home welcome will make up for it. At least Grace would be there to help Bonnie while I was gone.

Once I got settled into the Wyndham Hotel, I called Bonnie to tell her what room I was staying in if she needed to call me. The hotel was only three blocks from the SEI, so I could walk over if the weather was good.

The following two weeks went by in a blur. The classes were exciting, and there was a lot of back and forth between the trainers and trainees. The highlight of the two weeks was actually getting to meet Watts Humphrey. He was a shy and retiring person, but he really knew his stuff. I got to talk to him one-on-one, and he told me he would look forward to working with the ATF program as they performed assessments on their contractors. He gave me his contact information to pass on.

Each night, I made sure to call Bonnie and let her know how much I missed her and how much I was looking forward to returning home. The phone sex was hot and, while satisfying at the moment, only whetted our desire to get together when I got home.

Finally, Friday came, and I couldn't wait to catch my flight. I couldn't believe a plane could fly that slowly and still stay in the air. The seventy-minute flight seemed to last for hours. Finally, we arrived, and it took forever to taxi to the gate. I swear my luggage must have stayed to party with the baggage handlers because it seemed like forever before my bags appeared on the conveyor belt.

Finally, I reached the main concourse and saw Bonnie waiting for me. Thankfully, Grace and the two boys were also there because I would have found it nearly impossible not to leap into Bonnie's arms and take her right there on the floor. Instead, I just walked up, gave Bonnie a smile, and greeted Grace with a hug before hugging the two boys. I turned to Bonnie and said, "I'm glad to see you."

"I'm glad to see you too," Bonnie said with a smile as she took one of my bags. We walked out to the near-term parking and loaded my luggage in the back of the minivan. We left the airport, got on I-70E, then onto I-75S, and headed home. I sat in the back with the boys on the way home, catching up on what they'd been doing in school while I was gone. All the time, I kept glancing up at Bonnie, aching to take her in my arms but not wanting to distract her while she was driving.

Finally, we made it home. We got my luggage into the house, Matthew and Mark each taking one of my bags. I took Bonnie's hand as we walked from the minivan into the house. Once inside, my luggage was put in the bedroom. I turned to Bonnie and pulled her into a hug. I whispered in her ear, "I want you naked so bad."

"No more than I want you naked," she whispered back.

Understanding what we were holding back, Grace turned to the boys and said, "Let's go and make some popcorn and watch a movie. I think Virginia is tired and wants to go take a nap." She turned back to us and winked.

"Yes, I think I'll go take a nap," I said as I let go of Bonnie and headed for my bedroom.

I went into my bedroom and started to undress. I decided to take a quick shower before hopping into bed. I knew Bonnie would slip into the bedroom in a few minutes, and I wanted to be ready for her. I got undressed and got in the shower. I was only there for a minute before I felt the shower door open, and Bonnie joined me under the water.

"Need any help with your back?" she purred into my ear as she wrapped her arms around my ribs, her breasts crushed against my back, her hard nipples scoring my skin.

"That's not where I need help," I groaned, my desire overcoming me.

Bonnie slid her hands off my ribs and down to my core, coyly asking, "Do you need help here?"

"Lower," I growled, my juices flowing in a futile attempt to put out the fire burning in my pussy.

Bonnie's hands slid down and onto the flair of my hips, asking, "Do you mean here?" as she nuzzled my ear.

"No," I moaned in frustration, wanting to grab her hands and place them where I needed them.

"Oh, you must mean here," she whispered as her hands moved, her right hand cupping my mound and giving it a little squeeze as her left hand slid up to cup my left breast, giving it a squeeze also.

"Oh, God, yes," I moaned as I thrust my hips forward and arched my back.

"Well, you should have just said so," she said as she worked a finger between my lips, at the same time taking my nipple between her thumb and forefinger and rolling it.

The dual sensations of the penetration and the nipple roll sent simultaneous shocks to my clit. I started rolling my hips and moaning even louder.

Her finger worked its way into my pussy, slowly penetrating until her knuckle was nestled between my lips. Bonnie swirled her finger, stimulating every bit of my pussy, causing me to jerk when it brushed my g-spot. "Oh, God, Bonnie," I moaned.

Bonnie pulled my nipple out before letting it snap back. She then slid her left hand over to cup my right breast, again making sure my nipple was between her thumb and forefinger. At the same time, she was working her ring finger in beside her middle finger, stretching my walls as she slowly pistoned them in and out. When the base of her thumb hit my clit, the pulse made me buck again, attempting to increase the stimulation. Bonnie moved her lips down over my jaw to my neck and started licking and nibbling the spots she knew made me weak at the knees.

The sensations I was experiencing were making me writhe under her ministrations. I started panting, feeling the wave of my orgasm start rising up to wash over me. Bonnie sped up her thrusting, increasing the height of the oncoming tsunami. Suddenly, it broke over me, and I screamed, "Bonniiieeee!" as I was buried under my orgasm. My knees buckled, and if Bonnie hadn't supported me, I would have collapsed to the tiles. As it was, I barely stayed upright, my chest heaving as I came down from my climax. Bonnie held me tightly, whispering, "I love you," over and over in my ear until I was recovered enough to stand on my own.

I then turned around in Bonnie's arms until I could wrap her in my arms, our breasts crushed together. I put my right hand behind her head and pressed in for a kiss that started out slow but quickly grew hot as I poured every bit of my love for her into it. Our tongues made frenzied love to each other as we continued kissing. I ran out of breath and had to break to gasp in some air.

We stood there, our foreheads touching as we stared into each other's eyes, the hot water pouring over us as we basked in our love for each other. "God, I love you so much," I murmured, knowing those words so inadequately described what I felt for her that it almost cheapened the moment.

After a few minutes, we reluctantly separated and finished our shower, washing each other's backs. Once out, we dried each other off, the rush of the towel over my skin making me warm and tingly, as I'm sure it did for Bonnie.

Once dry, we repaired to the bed. Bonnie made it clear that she wanted to take the lead as she directed me to straddle her head as she lay down on the bed. I grabbed the headboard and lowered my hips until Bonnie could work her tongue between my engorged lips, forcing a gasp from me as her tongue worked its way into my pussy. Her hands slid up my sides until she could cup both of my breasts in her hands. The feel of her palms sliding over my nipples made them spring to attention, getting hard and aching.

The feel of her tongue plundering my pussy was incredible, and I started rolling my hips. This caused Bonnie's nose to nudge my clit on each downstroke, sending a spark shooting to my nipples and brain. I tried not to press down too hard on Bonnie's face by holding myself up with the headboard. However, Bonnie had other ideas and grabbed my breasts and pulled me down, so I was grinding my pussy hard against her face.