Your Silver Nights and Golden Days Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked down at Bonnie's face, locking our eyes as she thrust her tongue in and out as if it were a penis. As we stared into each other's eyes, I sped up my hip rolls, wanting to stimulate my clit faster. I could feel my orgasm slowly build as Bonnie thrust her tongue faster and faster into my pussy. Suddenly, Bonnie pulled her tongue out and clamped her lips onto my clit, sucking it like an all-day lollipop. I gasped, almost losing my grip on the headboard as she crushed my breasts while gently chewing on my clit. I threw my head back and screamed, as quietly as possible, "Bonniiieeee!" I started thrashing as my orgasm crashed over me, trying to shove my abused clit further into her mouth.

I did lose my grip on the headboard as my vision faded out, and I slowly collapsed onto the bed, Bonnie guiding my body as it came down.

I was lying there in a cloud of euphoria, eventually opening my eyes to see Bonnie's face hovering over mine. "Oh, God, Bonnie, that was incredible," I panted, still trying to catch my breath.

Bonnie smiled as she leaned in to nuzzle me and whispered, "I told you the coming home sex would be great."

"Oh, my God, 'great' doesn't even come close to describing what you did to me," I panted as I tasted myself on her lips.

Bonnie lifted herself up and moved away to pull the duvet up over me. "Just rest here for a while, sweetie. I'll check in on you later."

Bonnie got off the bed, pulled her clothes on, and turned the lights out before leaving the bedroom. I fell asleep, secure in the knowledge that I was loved.

Over the next two months, everyone but I was busy with the down-select. At Alice's direction, I wrote up a position paper on what I learned at the SEI and how it could be applied to the ATF program. My proposal was to build a team to perform software process evaluations. They would evaluate all of the contractors developing software for the avionics and weapons systems on the aircraft. I listed several potential members and put together a proposed budget for travel and expenses for performing the evaluations.

Once I had all the figures documented in my position paper, I got together with Mary Ann to schedule an hour with Alice to show her what I had. Going over her calendar, Mary Ann put me in for an hour at 4 PM on Friday. That would work out great since I could then go home afterward.

Friday afternoon, I was outside Alice's door at 3:55 PM. At 4 PM, Alice opened her office door and invited me in. As I entered, Alice once again lightly touched my elbow as she ushered me into her office. As she went around her desk to sit down, she ran her eyes over my body, resting briefly on my legs as we sat down. "Calm down," I scolded myself as my body reacted to her interest, despite my brain knowing how dangerous this could be.

"So, Virginia, let's see what you have," Alice said as I leaned forward to hand her my position paper.

For the next 45 minutes, I went over what I had put together, explaining what I hoped could be accomplished by doing the evaluations. Alice nodded from time to time, clearly impressed with what I had put together. Once I had covered everything, I sat back and asked, "Do you have any questions?"

Alice pondered for a beat before asking, "Can we go over those travel numbers again?"

"Sure," I replied. "If you turn to page 23, I've broken out the numbers by scenario."

Alice flipped through the pages, and when she found the page I had pointed out, she studied it for a moment. She then looked up and asked, "Could you tell me where you got this number here," as she tapped one of the numbers.

Not knowing which one she was pointing at, I got up and came around her desk to her left, and leaned in to see which number she had a question about. I realized how close I was to her. As I leaned in, my right breast nearly brushed her left arm. "Careful," I warned myself as Alice slightly shifted, causing her shoulder to touch my shoulder. "Which number?" I asked.

"The number of people assigned to the team for TRW is one more than the rest," Alice said.

"Oh, that's because I was able to get Watts Humphrey to come on this assessment. He wants to evaluate our evaluation team for SEI," I said, reaching down with my left hand to point to the footnote. When I did, I realized I had just given Alice a close look at my ring.

As I drew my hand back, forcing myself not to jerk it away, I thought I saw her eyes following my hand for a bit, and I thought I heard a slight hitch in her breath. I stood back up, and as I did, I hurriedly asked, "Do you have any other questions?"

"No, not at this time," Alice said after a moment of silence.

I circled around and took my seat. I steeled myself, saying, "Just keep calm," to myself, and looked Alice in the eye, not knowing what to expect. Surprisingly, I didn't see anything suggesting she had noticed anything. Relief went through me as I realized I had just dodged a bullet.

"What do you think?" I asked, anxious to distract her away from my faux pas.

"I like what you've put together here. Let me look over it for a couple of days, but I think we can take this to the boss and get his input. I'll let you know if I need anything else and when we get time to see General Fain," Alice said as she closed the document and set it aside.

Alice stood up, and I did, as well. As I walked out, she rested her hand on my elbow and escorted me out. I noticed Mary Ann was already gone, as Alice said, "Have a good weekend, Virginia."

"Thanks, Alice, I will," I said. "You do the same," I said as I turned and headed back to my desk. A brief look flickered across her face that came and went so fast I wasn't sure what it was or if I had actually seen it. As I walked away, I was keenly aware that she was watching me. The feeling persisted until I turned the corner and got to my desk.

I hurriedly got my stuff together and headed out. "God, I hope this doesn't turn into something," I fervently thought as I left.

Next Tuesday came, and as I was roughing out briefing slides in anticipation of having to brief General Fain, I got a call from Mary Ann. Alice wanted to see me at 11 AM. I thanked her and returned to working on the slides until it was time to see Alice.

At 10:55 AM, I was outside Alice's office, waiting to see her. Promptly at 11 AM, Alice's door opened, and she motioned me to come in. As before, she put her hand on my elbow and guided me into her office. This time, however, I felt her thumb do a little circular rub before she let go to go around and sit at her desk. "Oh, God," I thought to myself, "where is this going?"

Calming myself, I sat down, crossing my legs as I did so. I caught Alice watching, her eyes locking on my legs at the hem of my skirt for a beat before looking me in the eye as she sat down. She said, "I've reviewed your proposal and like it a lot. I'm going to get us on General Fain's calendar next week, so I'd like you to start putting a briefing together to explain your proposal."

Relieved that Alice was going to get straight to business, I said, "Thanks, Alice. Actually, I've already started putting one together in the event you decide to go forward with this."

"Great," Alice said, a smile on her lips. "Let me know when you have them done, and we'll go over them before next week."

I smiled back, saying, "Thanks, Alice. I should have it done by Thursday afternoon, so we can review it and make any needed changes."

Alice suddenly looked down and then nervously asked, "Virginia, do you have any lunch plans for today?"

"No," I said, pausing as I considered where she was going with this. "I was going to pop into the cafeteria to get a salad. Why?"

"I think we need to talk," Alice said, looking up at me with a questioning look. "Can we do Bennigan's out on Colonel Glenn at noon?"

"Okay," I said, dreading what I thought would happen. I figured I might as well get it aired out if Alice confronted me about my sexuality. "Do you want to go together?"

"No," said Alice, a look of relief on her face, "let's just meet there." Alice got up, signifying our meeting was over. I uncrossed my legs, drawing another glance from Alice before standing up. As I left her office, she just followed me out, not touching my elbow like she had every time before.

"Thanks for the updates," she said as I walked back to my cube. I could feel her eyes on me all the way to the corner, where I turned to go to my desk.

When I got to my desk, I sat there for a minute, trying to get my thoughts together. I was sure Alice knew I was a lesbian, and I wondered if she would use that against me. If Alice does, what pull do I have to fight back? Would she want to be outed if she outs me? Maybe we can work this out. On the plus side, if she does know, perhaps we can work together and cover for each other.

At noon, I was waiting at Bennigan's for Alice. I saw her coming in the door, and I rose to greet her, saying, "Hello, Alice."

"Hello, Virginia, thanks for coming," Alice replied with a tentative smile.

"I think we need to talk, so I'm glad we have this opportunity to do so," I said, smiling back. Since we were going to put everything on the table, I took the opportunity to appraise her appearance. She wore high-waist slacks, a button-up white blouse, and a blazer complimenting her pants. She was a good-looking woman that, if I were single, I would certainly make a run at her. I'm pretty sure she feels the same way about me.

We got a table in the corner and sat across from each other. While waiting for the server, Alice leaned in and, without beating around the bush, said, "You're a lesbian."

Glad that Alice came straight to the point, I leaned in and answered back, "Yes, and you're one also. Is this going to be a problem?"

"God, no!" Alice softly exclaimed. "I just wanted you to know, I know. I know how bad it can be if anybody in the military finds out about your sexuality. Hell, it's bad enough if they find out about me. I can't imagine how hard it's been for you to have to deny who you are."

"Oh, thanks," I replied, relieved that I wasn't in trouble. "You're right. It's been tough, but I've managed so far. I've been warned about General Fain and his position on homosexuality. I'm willing to take the chance anyway since this assignment will be a big boost to my career."

Our server came up with the menus and asked for drink orders. I ordered an unsweetened iced tea, and Alice ordered the same. The server left to get our drinks, and we took a minute to look at the menus. I settled on a Chef Salad while Alice ordered a Cobb salad.

The server returned with our drinks and took our orders and the menus. Once the server was gone, we resumed our conversation. Grateful that I was going to have someone in my corner, I said, "I had noticed that you were scoping me out. I appreciate the fact that you are interested in me. I want you to know that I am in a committed relationship, so I'm unavailable."

I held out my left hand to show her my ring, saying, "My partner and I have been in a relationship for nearly three and a half years now. She has two wonderful boys that I love to death."

"That's what I thought when I got a good look at your ring for the first time last Friday," said Alice, a rueful look on her face. "I have to admit, it took me by surprise. Frankly, I was interested in trying to pursue a relationship with you. You're a damn good-looking woman and smart as a whip."

"You're no slacker yourself," I replied. "If I were unattached, I might have let you take that run at me."

Our server came back with our food. Grateful that we could now be open with each other, we talked to each other about ourselves. Once lunch was over, we went back to the office. Suddenly, it felt good to be working in the office, knowing I didn't have to worry about Alice. I still needed to be careful around everybody else, especially the military members.

Alice and I worked on the briefing for General Fain. When we presented it to him, he got enthusiastic about it. Not only would it help the ATF program, but it would also show Congress how dedicated the Air Force was to software process improvement. He told us to start working with the budget group to get the funding needed to proceed with the project. As we left his office, he thanked us for being proactive on the issue.

***

Once the down-select was complete, it was announced that Lockheed had won the contract to build the ATF. It would now be known as the F-22 Raptor. Now that we knew which avionics suite would be developed, I could start getting up to speed on what each contractor was building. I could also update my budget requests for the software process evaluations with the numbers for the contractors we would be visiting.

The next six months were a blur of activity as I had to take a lot of trips to the contractors to get up to speed on the avionics systems. I spent a lot of time traveling to Martin Marietta in Orlando, TRW in Redondo Beach, and General Dynamics in Ft. Worth.

At the same time, plans were going ahead with doing the software process evaluations. Our original assessment schedule was pushed back due to the contractors' reluctance to participate. We compromised and gave them more time to prepare for the evaluations, keeping in the back of our minds that they were attempting to game the assessments.

Finally, we had the first evaluation scheduled, and all team members lined up to participate. We picked TRW to be the first contractor to be evaluated. As a bonus, Watts Humphrey was available, so he would be on the team. He also volunteered some of his staff from SEI to sit in on the evaluation as an additional resource we could tap into if we had any questions about the evaluation process. They were not to participate in evaluating the assessment results but only to sit in to ensure our team was performing the evaluation process correctly.

The evaluation was to take place over three days. In addition to evaluating the practices that TRW was using to develop software, we would also pick some software developers to randomly interview. We asked for a list of all the people developing software throughout TRW, not just those working on the contract for the F-22. When I reviewed the list of people, I recognized one name, Candy Kane. She had worked on the SDI program I had been involved with, but TRW hadn't made the down-select. I put Candy on the list of people to be interviewed, knowing how hardworking she was.

After three days of twelve-hour workdays, we finished the evaluation. Based on the results, TRW was going to need more work. We presented our results late on the third day to TRW, and they acknowledged that our results were appropriate. They knew they had more work to do and thanked us for showing the areas they needed more work on.

I did get to see Candy and exchange pleasantries with her. We reminisced about the times we had worked together. Interestingly, shortly afterward, she was moved to the team working on the avionics suite, so someone higher up in the company must have noticed that we knew each other.

I also thanked Watts and his people for their help with the evaluation. They were pleased with how we conducted the assessment. They had taken copious notes for them to take back and review to see if there were ways to improve the evaluation process.

I asked Watts why he had decided to go with us on this evaluation. Watts confided in me that he had a granddaughter living in the area he wanted to visit. He used this evaluation as an excuse to get time to come out to Los Angeles to see her.

Overall, doing the evaluations gave our program office more insight into how the contractors were developing their software. It also gave us more confidence that they could develop software that would work as designed. Also, it spurred the overall Air Force effort to get in-house software development improved.

Over the next year, my workload increased as Alice gave me more responsibilities. The increased travel was wearing, but the welcome-home sex was always great. Bonnie was doing great in her nursing classes, working hard, and getting excellent grades. She was going to graduate with honors if she kept it up.

The boys were now towering over us as they hit their growth spurt. They were both taking after their father with their height. He had been 6' 2," so it looks like they're both going to get close to that, if not more. Both boys were getting into sports, keeping us busy, ensuring they got to practice and their games.

Grace had come out and stayed with us several times. She was here so much we even offered to have her move in with us. Grace declined, not wanting to spend all of her time here. Knowing about her relationship with Kathy, I understood why she didn't want to stay.

***

I returned from my trip to Martin Marietta and was looking forward to seeing Bonnie. It was early afternoon, and the boys wouldn't be home from school yet. When I entered the house, I was surprised that Bonnie hadn't met me at the door. I called out, "Bonnie?"

"In here," Bonnie said from our bedroom. I immediately got anxious because she didn't sound right.

I hurried to the bedroom, and when I opened the door, I saw Bonnie was in bed, the light off. "Are you okay, sweetie?" I asked worriedly.

"No, I'm not feeling too good," Bonnie replied. "I had to miss my classes today. I just felt weak and tired."

"I'm starting to get concerned about this," I said. I went over and lay beside Bonnie, taking her into my arms. "We need to get you to a doctor and figure out what is happening. It's been about a month, and it doesn't seem to be going away."

"I already made an appointment to see Dr. Otte," Bonnie said, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me in for a kiss. No words were uttered for a time as we enjoyed the feel of each other's lips, our tongues gently caressing each other.

Eventually, we broke the kiss, and I whispered, "I love you."

Bonnie whispered back, "I love you more."

"Not possible," I finished. I tucked Bonnie in and went out, worried about her.

Matthew and Mark got home, and I told them their mom wasn't feeling well. I fixed dinner for them and asked them to be quiet so they wouldn't disturb her. We sat on the couch and watched a movie together until they had to turn in for the night. I let them go in and say goodnight to Bonnie, and they hugged her as she kissed their cheeks.

That night we just spooned since Bonnie didn't feel up to any sexual activity. When the alarm went off in the morning, I woke with Bonnie in my arms. As I let go of Bonnie to turn over to turn the alarm off, I felt Bonnie turn and wrap her arms around me. "Hey, sweetie, don't go just yet. I want to make up for last night. You're just going to have to be late this morning." I smiled, glad that Bonnie seemed to be feeling better.

I turned back to Bonnie and pulled her in for a kiss. The kiss slowly got hotter and hotter as she seemed determined to make sure I knew I was welcomed home. I ran my hand down her back and onto her ass, cupping her cheek and pulling her in tighter against me, intertwining our legs. Our thighs were pressed against each other's pussies, and we started humping each other as our kiss grew in passion. I was getting wet, and I could feel her wetness on my thigh. We soon broke, and I rolled Bonnie onto her back, and she spread her legs to give me access to her treasure.

I scooted up until my knees were straddling Bonnie's hips. I grabbed her legs behind her knees to push them up and out to grind my pussy against hers. I looked down at Bonnie, and my heart clenched as I realized how much I loved this woman. She lay there, her hair haloed around her head, the look of love in her eyes just making me melt. We locked eyes as I slowly rolled my hips, the feel of her mound against mine sending shivers throughout my body.