Your Sins Will Find You Out

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sitting here alone in my apartment tonight, it seems like that was a lifetime ago, but in reality, it was only five years. It's still hard to believe that I threw everything that I valued in life away for one lousy night with a stranger. My Dad used to always say that you never really appreciate what you have until it's gone and at this point in my life, I would agree with him.

I would give anything to have my old life back. I've spent the past five years mostly alone. Michael moved on long ago and married an old friend of ours who lost her husband to cancer when their children were young. Michael had always tried to help them out as much as he could, so it's not really a surprise that he and Allison got together after our divorce.

My boys do come around and visit occasionally. In fact, they just left this evening after spending Christmas Eve with me. They've made a tradition of spending Christmas Eve with me and Christmas Day with Michael, Allison, and her kids. It's this time of year around the holidays that I miss my old life the most. I always loved the big family holiday dinners with the house full of family and friends. Now, I spend most of the holidays alone.

About a year after our divorce, Michael finally helped me fill in the missing pieces of that week in Charlotte. He had downloaded some kind of software on all of our wireless devices to monitor the boy's online activities. It notified him when certain key words were sent or received. So, when I started visiting that hotwife site, it started sending him daily notices about my activity. He just monitored it for months and never said a word.

When I set up that date in Charlotte, he knew what I was planning before I ever left home. So, after I left, he logged into my account and made contact with Kirk, asking him to make those videos and text them to him. According to Michael, he held out hope that I would cancel the date up until the second those texts were sent to him.

When I asked him why he didn't stop me, he simply said, "the only way I could ever trust you again was if you cancelled it on your own. If I had confronted you and made you cancel, I would have spent the rest of my life looking over your shoulder to make sure that you were being faithful and I refuse to live my life that way. I deserve to have a partner who stays faithful to me because she wants to, not because she's afraid I will catch her if she's not.

I just wish that I had understood and appreciated all that I had before I broke that trust. Since that night in Charlotte, I have paid a heavy price for my sins. I lost a husband who loved me, respected me, cared for my every need, and shared the burdens of life with me. I lost the close relationship that I had always enjoyed with my sons. I still see them and they still love me, but it's just not the same as it was before. And about six months after that night I found out that good ole Kirk had given me Genital Herpes. So, about three or four times a year I get a painful reminder of my stupidity.

In the Bible, Numbers 22:23 says "Be sure your sin will find you out." I am a living example of the truth of that verse. I always knew that I couldn't hide my sins from God, but I was pretty damn sure that I could hide them from my family. Boy was I wrong. What happens in Vegas may very well stay in Vegas, but I can promise you that what happens in Charlotte, definitely does NOT stay in Charlotte. It follows you home and bites you in the ass!

12