All Comments on 'Zack, Luke & Ben'

by Str8SensitiveGuy

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Exluke1Exluke110 months ago

Zack is a fortunate man! Luke is so devoted to him and it made me cry there at the end when mom finally got her head on straight to thank him. It’s sad there are still people out there who beat people up over this but you’re right author, it’s fat from gone. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and talent.

dnsontndnsontn10 months ago

Big ol’ bonus that mom might be getting her mind right. The grand prize, however, is Luke for Zack and vice versa. You held way back and then used ‘navel’. We don’t even know if they’re innies!!! Always a fantastic read. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Aww this actually turned out to be really sweet!

MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer10 months ago

Wow, you really tore me up emotionally with this one. Having grown up at a time when this sort of treatment of gays was the norm everywhere, this stuck a chord in me. I've seen so much change for the better over the years that I sometimes forget there are still so many places that haven't changed at all. I know Ben wasn't in on what happened to Zack, but he does bear some responsibility after promising not to leave his side. He should have also been truthful about his sexuality, if he had Zack most likely wouldn't have gone to that party. Thankfully Luke had an uneasy feeling about the situation and came home early. It would have been nice to hear he had done some real damage to those three homophobes before suffering his broken arm. Having Zack and Luke finally get together would have been enough of a happy ending by itself, but having Zack's mom start to come around was an added bonus, thanks for that. Excellent story!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Unexpected good read. In all honesty, not what I was looking for but glad I stuck it out! 🤓

BidickulousBidickulous10 months ago

Bravo! I can make this short by saying that MarcLuciFer eloquently beat me to every single one of the comments I was going to make. I would, however, like to double down on wishing for a sequel that includes the number of the assailant’s bones Luke broke! I’m not sorry: assholes like that won’t learn; they need to suffer for their intolerance!

Wylie_GanderWylie_Gander10 months ago

Excellent work. Zack says, "But we live here. Where tolerance came to die..." One can feel the waves of hot days and mindless boredom of summer in a small mid-western town, all of which seem to have a version of

'Four Seasons Park'. Luke hangs out at the bookstore even though he is not much of a reader, waiting to drive Zack home. This alone made Luke my hero, even before the fight at the party. Character driven, good dialog, effortlessly realized vibe/mood/atmosphere. Skillfully subtle adumbration. Five stars. WG

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A really cool story well told, thankyou

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userStr8SensitiveGuy@Str8SensitiveGuy
Bisexual male when not at work spends time reading, writing, running, bingeing True Crime and watching baseball and basketball.