All Comments on 'Big Flipping Deal Ch. 07'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 164 Comments
HColeoSHColeoSover 8 years ago
Phenomenol

Sorry if i spelled that wrong lol. Eally great story, you did a great job and really felt connected to these characters. *standing ovation* Happy i didnt wait years for the one story to complete too, keep up the great work!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I very much enjoyed the story

Great story. I eagerly awaited each chapter. A little sad to see it end. Perhaps you could revisit the storyline in the future and continue.

DarksnakeDarksnakeover 8 years ago

Thank you. I'll definitely keep it in my library.

I'm already looking forward to reading your next story

bitexwriterbitexwriterover 8 years ago
Great ending

Just wanted to say again how much I enjoyed this series. Thanks for writing it!

wolf9696wolf9696over 8 years ago
5/5

Very Well Done... nuff said

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
All in

This story has been a very refreshing read and I totally developed a bond with the characters. Very well developed and real. This is one of the few stories that I was waiting for the next installment with great anticipation. I especially love the way nicks thoughts are expressed and I loved the detail put into Lindsey. The self confidence issues that she displayed brought a human quality to the character and made me like her even more. I know you planned on this story finishing here, but selfishly I want it to go on so much longer. Thank you either way for this story

Jfra18Jfra18over 8 years ago
Love

I love this story. I was glad you put it where you did, or I might have never found it. I am really sad to see it end though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hey chump >:(

I don't come here to feel things, okay? Ugh.

In all seriousness, love this story. The slow build up really got me invested in the characters and their feelings, and we got to see them grow together as friends and then a couple. Srsly bro, when is your next story? You're an awesome writer.

naughtysubboy82naughtysubboy82over 8 years ago

I really enjoyed this story a lot. The build up was believable and the situations they went through all seemed realistic. I really would love to see an extra chapter just as an epilogue type of thing, mostly because I am a romantic sucker and would like to see a 5 years or 10 years later look into their life. I can certainly understand the beauty of the current ending, and I thought it was quite well done, but I have always loved epilogues especially happy ones.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
Many, many, many thanks to all of you!

@HColeoS: I think that's the first ovation I've ever gotten! I'm all a-flutter!

@Anonymous (I very much enjoyed the story): I very much enjoyed writing it, and definitely enjoy hearing comments like yours. I'm always sad to say goodbye to characters too, and the really good ones make me want to come up with followup storylines. We'll see how it goes with Nick and Lindsey ...

@Darksnake: You're welcome! I assume that it's in very good company with the rest of your library!

@bitexwriter: I'm glad you felt it paid off. I sweated the ending a little bit, because I originally assumed they'd finish the house, and I didn't want readers to feel cheated of a sense of completion. But this seemed like the right moment of closure/view of the future to close things up with.

@wolf9696: Much appreciated!

@Anonymous (All in): I do love these two, and I wouldn't mind figuring out where their lives go from here. But I'd have to find the right source of dramatic tension to carry any followup. I absolutely wouldn't want to fall prey to the typical something-bad-happens-that-fractures-their-relationship-and-has-to-be-repaired gimmick. I think they deserve better than that.

@Jfra18: Well, then, I'm glad I put it where I did as well! Thanks!

@Anonymous (Hey chump): I dunno, I thought a lot of my readers liked to "feel" things during certain parts of my stories. Or did you mean the emotional kind of "feel"? ; ) My next story probably won't be for several months, because I have another novel I've been procrastinating the ending to for about 2 years, and I'm going to finish it before my next erotica piece (it's mainstream fantasy). But I'll be back as soon as I can.

@naughtysubboy82: As I said above, I'm certainly tempted to find more to say about these characters. We'll just have to see. But thanks for the encouragement and compliments!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great STORY!!

Friend told me about story. I got hooked. Absolutely THE BEST! You did awesome job!B8DE

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxover 8 years ago
it took me

One hour ro read this very engrossing read....HUZZAH

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wait...

So, judging by your comments this is the last chapter?!? NOOOOOOO! In all seriousness, this is one of my favorite stories here ever. I wish I looked as good as Lindsey and could meet a Nick of my own. ;)

<3

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Great STORY!!)

Thank you so much! And give your friend my thank-you for recommending it!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@kuroukiphoenyx

I'm flattered that it kept you so enthralled! Thanks!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Wait ...)

Well, almost nobody looks as good as Lindsey in real life, but I'm sure you're fine! Just remember to smile whenever life lets you and keep a good heart. Do that and you'll be 95% of the way to being Lindsey-level hot. And remember, you've got at least one huge advantage on Linds -- you're real!

Thanks for reading, and best wishes finding your Nick. He's out there somewhere!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wonderful read

This was a wonderful series. A perfect balance of personalities and well described sex. One of the best stories on the net.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Wonderful read)

I'm very happy you liked it so much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So Sad

Great story , but I wish there was more and More .......Keep Writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I like the compatibility these two had with each other, it made for pleasant erotica not porn. I found out years ago that their was way to much drama, when I took my walk on the wild side. Thanks for giving me a memory override...buffing it up a bit, to a happier version.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (So sad)

Geez, you guys are totally trying to guilt me into writing more of this, aren't you?

It will probably work.

But I really have to finish some other stuff first!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (I like the compatibility)

I've almost exclusively walked the non-wild side, I'm afraid. But I still sympathize with you on the subject of drama. It can get pretty exhausting!

Glad you liked the story, and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

WhiskeyIsGoodWhiskeyIsGoodover 8 years ago
I think it shouldn't end here

It seems like the type of story that should go a little further. This chapter definitely felt like you were trying to leave it open for the possibility of that. But, speaking from advice, you should only do it if you want to. If you yourself, don't feel like it should go any further, then don't. Take care of whatever else you need to do, and put some thought into it. See if you can think up something to follow this last one. I hope that you can, because I really liked it up to this point, and would love to see more.

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 8 years ago

Ack! The feels! They burn!

This certainly is a lovely cementing of their relationship, and we get to imagine them living happily ever after... There's some interesting questions left open for a continuation though.

If they decide to keep the house that's going to change how they decorate it...

Does their shared enjoyment of making music lead to her trying to coach Nick?

She's an interior designer and he's a graphical artist... All kinds of work cross over there...

Do they end up getting married? Proposal hijinks could be cute with these two.

Does Nick ever get his car fixed?

But only if you want to... I don't think many of your readers will sad if you do write some more about them, however this chapter does tie up enough loose ends to be satisfying closure if you decide to leave the future as an exercise for the reader :)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@WhiskeyIsGood

One thing I definitely won't do is force a story if I'm not feeling it. I've managed a pretty prolific output over the past couple of years thanks to projects I've been really committed to. But my productivity generally tanks when I'm trying too hard on something my heart isn't in.

That said, I'm enamored enough of these characters to roll some ideas around in my head and see if anything pops out.

Thanks for the input and the vote of confidence!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

Getting past the happily ever after without undoing it is really my biggest challenge once I've finished a romance story and try to think of a sequel. I absolutely loathe follow-up stories that undo the characters' accomplishments from the original work (the third Alien movie and pretty much every Dune book after the first come to mind). I'm fine with new challenges arising that force the characters to adapt, but people deserve to reap the benefits of their successes, and I think that's especially true of characters like Nick and Lindsey.

On the other hand, stories without conflict can get extremely dull extremely fast, so I've got to come up with a conundrum of some sort or it will just degenerate into indulgent porn. (Not that there's anything wrong with indulgent porn, but I think these two deserve better.)

I'm a pretty imaginative guy, though, so with any luck, I'll think of something ...

Thanks for providing such substantial and well-thought-out feedback! I've really enjoyed reading your comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

i agree with whiskey is good this should continue

DonnaBeckDonnaBeckover 8 years ago
Bravo

I'm standing in ovation too. You did a fantastic job on this story, and I'm so glad you there are readers here who appreciate all the fantastic things you do. You are an amazing storyteller and I'm glad to call you my friend. Anyone who loves your writing and is open to other categories will be happy to discover high quality writing and hot sex to boot. Heck, I didn't like sci-fi until I read you. :)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (i agree)

I'm sensing a definite theme here!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@DonnaBeck

Thanks, DB! I feel very fortunate whenever I get your input on my stuff, especially when you hold my feet to the fire like a good friend should.

Eagerly waiting for you to continue with your next project ...

: )

Vinci04Vinci04over 8 years ago

What great story, damned great! Kudos

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Vinci04

Thanks for letting me know how much you liked it!

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 8 years ago

You're welcome, I give praise where it's due lol.

On a random note, your mention of undoing characters accomplishments made They Might Be Giants - Everything Right is Wrong Again pop in to my head.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

Is that some kind of stuff the kids are listening to today? I quit keeping up with youth culture after it killed my dog.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I love this story. Can't wait to read the next installment. Excellent work!

On another note, I'll have to sign up so my next comment won't be anonymous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great!

Great story, well written, hot as fucking hell!!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (I love this story)

The good news is, I love getting comments like yours! But the bad news, as mentioned in earlier comments, is that I don't have firm plans for future sequels, so it may be a bit of a wait.

: (

I hope that's not too disappointing. Thanks for your comment!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Great!)

Thanks! I strive to please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The Inner World connection is deeper than the vast majority of stories in media

This story takes us into the head and then goes deeper into the heart. It visits that connection between the heart and fears about social status and standing.

I like that it leaves the door to that deeper self in the characters open. Your story goes beyond the flashes of lust and strategy. There seems to be a morning after effect to erotic coupling that asks the question; is this a thing? Is this what I want?

By having the blowjob early on you open the door to the questions of "now what?"

Then you do a great job of opening the different boxes of: evolving turn-ons, past trauma and dread, social status and fears of exclusion, and social justice.

You managed to weave into this the threads of compassion, boundaries, and respect.

Kudos and Salutations. This is way better than the stock erotica and one sided pulp romances out there.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (The Inner World connection)

I have a deep and abiding faith in the power of romance. But for that power to work, the individual must possess a good understanding of what he or she really wants and needs. So I gravitate toward characters who find themselves caught up in the exploration and development of that understanding.

Thanks for letting me know it paid off in this case!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Does she exist?

Is there someone you know that was your inspiration for Lindsey?

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Does she exist?)

Hmmm. If you mean, "Do I know a transwoman who looks like Lindsey or has her personality?" then the answer is no, I'm afraid not. If you mean, "Has there ever been someone in my life who made me feel like Lindsey makes Nick feel?" then yes. Nick's emotions in a couple of scenes are definitely echoes or afterimages of things I've felt. I won't say which scenes or which emotions, but there is at least a touch of reality within the fantasy of this story.

And if you mean, "Is there someone out there who is the right Lindsey for Anonymous (Is she real?)?" Then the answer is yes, if you know your own heart and are willing to search long and far enough.

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 8 years ago

I'll get back to you on what kids are listening to when I finish investigating what the deal is with this weird blue bird-shaped nightlight... I feel like it's watching me, which is disturbing.

"I have a deep and abiding faith in the power of romance."

Yeah, Nick don't need no fancy credit card to ride this train... Oh, wait, that's not the power of romance, sorry.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

If you keep that up, I'm going to wanna new Heisenhug ...

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 8 years ago

*scans memory* maybe I'm just tired but I can't tell if that's a song reference, a compliment or telling off lmao

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

Well, I'm glad I didn't make the REALLY obscure reference then!

I was playing off your Huey Lewis allusion with a misquote from "I Wanna New Drug".

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Yay!

A solid finish to the tale, with lovers looking forward. :)

Jason

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@JasonRTaylor

Spoiler alert: not many of my stories have sad endings. I thought of one for last year's Halloween contest, but I couldn't get myself to write it!

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 8 years ago

*facepalm* guess that shows know well I know his music heh. Faaail.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

I'm not sure I'll be bragging much about having superior knowledge of the Huey Lewis and the News catalog ...

: )

cali_fraecali_fraeover 8 years ago
The 6th star button appears to be broken

After a two week break from literotica I came back & found this beautiful series, I honestly can't find the correct gushy adjective(s) to describe it. I devoured the entire series in one lovely long sitting & feel as if I've just woken up on a late summers morning next to a new lover, elated, glowing, filled with hope & anticipation.

If Nick & Lindsey's romance continues it would be a very welcome return, especially after reading your responses to all the comments, as it means they're still tugging your heart-strings while they whisper their tales to you. Then again knowing when something is complete is part of what makes great stories great.

Either way, reading this has made me sure its going to be a wonderful day

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@cali_frae

Thanks for letting me know the story brightened your day. I hope the rest of the day has only improved from there, the way your comment has improved mine ... "as if I've just woken up on a late summers morning next to a new lover, elated, glowing, filled with hope & anticipation" has to be one of the nicest descriptions of a reader's reaction that I've been fortunate enough to receive.

: )

NearMissNearMissover 8 years ago
I'm smashing my computer to bits after I post this...

because everything I write or have written pales in comparison to this marvelous story and your mastery at storytelling. It's okay though, I go through this every time I read something that hits me profoundly and this certainly had that effect. I should be back to 'normal' in a few days. I'm probably bucking the trend by saying I'm okay with the story ending here. It's not like I don't want you to write anymore, but the story is a masterpiece unto itself and really doesn't need any thing else. I believe calls for an encore are a reflection of the connection that the readers have made with the characters (a testament to your writing skills) that they don't want to come to an end, but that's just my opinion. Either way, your writing is fantastic and I can't wait to see more from you.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@NearMiss

I went and read your first story, so I can emphatically say you shouldn't smash your computer! If it helps any with the impulse to compare your writing and mine, let me say that I've written around or a little over a million words of fiction, and my early stories were nowhere near as good as "Drink or Dare," which is a gleefully terrific piece of erotica, full stop, no qualifiers like "for a first story" necessary. I had no hesitation giving it 5 stars. Also, your screen name is one of the cleverest I've ever seen. : D

Many thanks for the blush-inspiring compliments!

godofnadagodofnadaover 8 years ago
Glorious

Glorious absolutely glorious. I started reading your story when I got home from work and could not stop until it was finished. Your characters have a warmth to them that pulls you in. You resist the temptation to hastily throw them into bed together and have wild sex, instead you slowly build their encounters to this great ending. Very warm and inviting and much more realistic making me connect with them. Just what I needed. Thank you so much for writing this and sharing it with all of us.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@godofnada

I actually think &quot;glorious&quot; describes what relationships at their best are supposed to be, so I'm delighted you chose that word. Many thanks for letting me know how you felt, and for reinforcing my hope that the story brings out a sense of human warmth and connection. I'm really glad you liked it!

PerimedesPerimedesover 8 years ago
Delightful

I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful tale. Your descriptions were very witty and Nick's internal struggles were insightful. Kudos.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Perimedes

Thanks! I'm equally delighted to hear that you enjoyed it!

LionslugLionslugover 8 years ago
Loved It

I have read several of your series and they are all astonishingly good. As of when I'm writing this, this chapter is the top of the T&CD Hall of Fame and by god does it deserve it. Hope to see more from you at some point.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Lionslug

I'm glad you liked the story so much. I admit I watch the ratings and rankings from time to time, and it's certainly gratifying to be in the hall of fame. But in this case, I feel a little bad that I hit the top spot due to the ratings average of the previous #1 dropping a hair, rather than my own vote total rising. I never want to prosper at someone else's loss. I liked that story quite a bit (though I didn't expect to based on the title!) and I didn't begrudge it the top position. But I certainly am grateful to everyone who gave me such high marks!

: )

blade_rocknutblade_rocknutover 8 years ago
Much more lengthy than I'd anticipated...

But totally worth it. Characters are wonderful, the plot devoid of cliche, and the author's loquacity is wonderful. The reader is dragged through the gamut of emotions with plenty of heat to keep things interesting.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@blade_rocknut

It was longer than I expected when I started writing it too! Sometimes things just take on a life of their own...

Many thanks for letting me know you liked it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well Done

I finished the whole series today. The story was really great. The sex was really hot. I would like to hear more. I sparked my imagination.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Well Done)

Thanks so much! When I got to the actual sex scenes at the end, they kind of exploded out of me ... I think they're the longest I've ever written. So I'm really pleased you liked them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Please continue this series!

This is one of the best series on the site. There are so many romantic and hot sexual directions these characters could take, I and I am definitely ready for more! I was sad to get to the end. Especially just when the sex was getting really hot! Thanks for all the hard work you must have put into this!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Please continue this series!)

I love these characters, but I have a ton on my plate right now, so I can't promise I'll be getting back to them in the immediate future. Every piece of encouragement does make me want to revisit a storyline, though. Cross your fingers and hope that I'll win the lottery and have tons of time to spare!

Thanks for sharing how much you enjoyed the series. It's good to know that the effort was appreciated!

piddlyasspiddlyassabout 8 years ago
Thank You

You've written a wonderful story. I thought it was well paced and realistic. I identified with both Nick and Lindsey. I wish I was able to express myself better but I don't have the talent. It was beautiful, moving and romantic. Thank you.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@piddlyass

You're more than welcome. And I thought you expressed yourself perfectly. My opinion is that people sometimes misconstrue the importance of talent in writing. In many cases, it's much more about having something to say and the motivation to say it. Simplicity and directness have a lot to recommend them!

Thanks for letting me know the story touched you. I really appreciate that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Job

At first I thought the story was running slow but then realized that I was still captivated. I read every single word of each chapter and was enthralled. You did an excellent job and I thank you.

Look forward to your future writings, preferably in the transsexual genre.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Great Job)

Thanks! I put a lot into this story, because I really wanted it to come alive for readers the way it had for me. As for further stories, my current serial isn't in the transsexual category, but I do have ideas for future ones down the road. Hopefully I'll get to them soon and you'll enjoy them as well!

mydarkestidmydarkestidalmost 8 years ago

Enjoyed all seven chapters! The build up was fantastic. Would actually love to see how the house and relationship turns out.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@mydarkestid

Thanks for letting me know! I think a logical extension of the story might feature the next step of their relationship from Lindsey's point of view ... which I'm a bit scared of taking on because it wouldn't be appropriate to write it if I couldn't make her interior life authentic. But it's in the back of my mind, so maybe someday ...

Paul_MallPaul_Mallalmost 8 years ago
Simply Amazing

i can honestly say that this series blew me away to such an extant that it actually

opened me up to trans stories in general.

thank you for this brilliant series. and please keep writing.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Paul_Mall

Thank you!!! I consider that a huge compliment. Writing this story was kind of a personal growth experience for me too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
cumslut

very nice, this should have really happened. if you should continue the story I would like it to end with their marriage. love is what is inside people, not what society thinks is right. and as a side bar your writing is very erotic. my wife of 19 years talked me into trying sex with men and I have enjoyed every hard cock I have sucked or taken in my ass, most times with her present. being bi is very satisfying. thank you

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (cumslut)

I think I mentioned in an earlier comment that Nick's proposal would be a blast to write! The wedding would be too, undoubtedly.

Sounds like you and your wife have a wonderful arrangement. Congratulations to both of you for hanging in so long and supporting each other's needs and fantasies!

Thanks for commenting ... I really appreciate hearing from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wow. Just wow.

I've read a lot of stories on here, and I tend to stay away from ones with chapters due to inconsistency or just small peeves I have with amateur writing. This was hands down the best story I've ever read. I feel like the character Nick and I are basically the same person, the similarities are eerie but I absolutely love the immersion it adds to the story. It reminds me so much of my realization of my interest in T-girls. Well, fingers crossed if I help an old lady, she'll kick the bucket and leave me a house to fix up with her beautiful t-girl niece. On a more serious note, I've never commented on any stories on here before but I really thought this one deserves a congratulations. Would love for there to be a continuation of the story. You just gained a fan either way. Keep up the fantastic work.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Wow. Just wow.)

Well, I'm glad you made an exception to your usual approach to serial stories!

I'll be pleased as punch if the right story idea occurs to me to continue Nick and Lindsey's story. We'll have to see if the muses inspire me at some point. For now, I have my hands full on other projects, though, I'm afraid.

Thanks so much for the stratospheric praise! It's wonderful to hear that kind of thing.

Floydman1Floydman1almost 8 years ago
Incredible

This is one of the best stories I have ever read. You managed to make these characters feel so real! And I loved the slow burn aspect of it. Like others, I'd like to see where things go but I, like you, also don't want some contrived situation, either. Thanks so much, this is the gold standard for TS/TV/TG stories especially but for all stories on this site!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Floydman1

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the fact that you hold the story in such high esteem and took the time to say so. Nick and Lindsey are very dear to my heart. It's terrific to know that their story continues to make an impression on readers.

Good reading to you!

dca5347dca5347almost 8 years ago
Wonderful

I have never seen a story so romantic

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@dca5347

Thanks! I'm delighted to hear that you thought so!

LookinfiremanLookinfiremanover 7 years ago
wonderfully written!

I have to say following the story had me craving the next chapter and the next one like a good book! The way you wrote the characters and as I always do with a good book I pictured myself as the main character in this case Nick, just wish the story was of my life instead of his, I honestly can say I felt for each character as life has been rather tough for my short time here, finding a beautiful woman like Lindsay would sure brighten anyone's life, keep up the wonderful writing!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Lookinfireman

I'm really glad you liked it! Sorry to hear that life's been tough. Everyone has those moments, but I know that for some, it's a lot rougher than for others. I'm lucky to have had things pretty easy, though certainly not perfect. So I try to share some hope and brightness with people through my stories. Thanks for letting me know I'm going in the right direction.

tex4tgtex4tgover 7 years ago
3rd time i've read it

Thank you for the wonderful love story . Are you going to write more of Lindsey and nick ? I know its and older story but i love these two .

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@tex4tg

Thanks! Having people want to reread my stories is one of the highest compliments I can think of.

I just finished up The Inn, and I need to unwind a bit before my next project. I've been writing at a rate of two novels a year for about 4 years, and I think I should put my head up and see if the real world's still there. I'll spend a month or two just working on author business, I think, and then I'm due to revise 3 different books for publication!

So my Literotica bibliography won't change for a while.

I love Nick and Lindsey too, though, so keep your fingers crossed that I win the lottery or something and can start writing full-time. I'm pretty sure I'll get back to them if that ever happens.

: )

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great.

The best of this genre yet on this site. Too many have focused only on action found in ultimately uninteresting, unsatisfactory endings. The character development, the centering story, and especially the pacing, which felt right. The emotional trepidation and romantic element especially made this story feel real. The ending was balanced, neither a downer or a euphoric ending. This raised the bar for all stories on this site, hopefully pushing middle school fantasies towards real literary efforts. With further research and development, a fine novel might result.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Great.)

Thanks for the appreciative remarks! This story started off with no real ambitions beyond providing some fun, sexy fluff. But somehow, once I started writing Lindsey, I couldn't help going in a more mature direction.

I'm actually very close to having the book publication-ready, so if you have any more specific feedback on what research and development would improve it, please feel free to send it through my profile. Thanks again!

Tbird82157Tbird82157over 7 years ago
I feel a bit like Nick in a way...

I don't read this genre of erotic fiction...I'm straight, if you'll allow the parallel. After reading your other works, though, and loving your writing style, I thought what the hell. It turns out that if the author is worth reading, the subject is secondary. You are a tremendously talented writer, and I hope to read more of your work in the future. Well done.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Tbird82157

Life has a way of surprising us, when we open ourselves up and let it!

Thanks a ton for following me outside your normal comfort zone, and for taking the time to let me know about it!

Fred190666Fred190666over 7 years ago
Fantastic

Bravo. This is the warmest story I have ever read on this site. The characters and dialogue feel real and I was invested in the relationship. I read it 3 times already and I would have really wished for a chapter 8 or an epilogue. Well, I hope to read more from you soon

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Fred190666

Many thanks! I'm especially gratified that you chose the word "warmest" ... it really captures my intentions in this story and makes me feel like I hit the mark I was aiming for.

At the moment, I'm deep in revision work and not sure when I'll put together a new story ... but I do have the week off for Thanksgiving, so maybe the writing bug will hit me ...

: )

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
bravo!

What a lovely story, thank you for your writing.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (bravo!)

You're very welcome, and thank you for commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great writing- can we have more?

Th story was well written and dialogue very believable. It was nice for a change to see love overcome old social messages and see a straight guy go into the unknown for the woman he is falling for. I concur with others that we would like to see a little more of where what happens to these two people. So thank you for giving us story so far

Santacruzman

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Santacruzman

The future is elusive and mysterious! I'm writing a short story for an anthology at the moment, and then I need to finish revising "The Inn" for publication. We'll be into 2017 by then, and I honestly have no idea what I'll be writing next year! I do love these characters, though, so ... someday? I'm hopeful.

Thanks for reading and commenting! I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Are you going to finish this well written story or just leave us hanging

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Wow)

Thanks for complimenting the writing!

For me, this story is the story of Nick and Lindsey becoming a couple, so I think of these 7 chapters as a complete short novel. There could definitely be a sequel, but I don't have one planned at the moment.

I hope that's not too disappointing.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love in Texas

Loved the story...makes me want to move to Dallas. Keep writing

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Love in Texas)

Thanks! Dallas is not without its charms ...

: )

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
959 Followers
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES