All Comments on 'Haunted by Love'

by ScattySue

Sort by:
  • 162 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wonderful

Each story is better than the last.

DireApostasyDireApostasyover 8 years ago
Fantastic

Fantastic story as always. One thing I need to say, though. Samhain is pronounced sah-win, there's no 'v' sound from the mh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Once again a story full of suspense

Sue is unsurpassed with her story telling and this one really conveys the eeriness of Bodmin Moor when the light begins to fade. The narrative flows as usual. keep the good work coming!

M

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5+

Sue, I love your writing. You are not afraid to portray loving and GOOD people. Once again a story of yours has turned a fairly bad day better. Thanks.

Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusover 8 years ago
Best of Halloween competition

You hands down get my vote for the best of Halloween competition 2015!

Not only did the story keep me in suspense the whole time but relieved my heart with the superbly lovely conclusion.

I feel that the 5* given don't do it justice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great story

I spent a wonderful time reading your story.

Thank you.

TommybowlerTommybowlerover 8 years ago
I hope this is the winner!

Sue I love your writing. This one blew me away. It also surprised as it was a departure from your other stories I have read ie straight girl meets lesbian and falls in love ( written beautifully I might add) and I bloody cried again damn it!

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 8 years ago
A wonderful read

I enjoyed the story. I loved that you got the concepts of Wicca right, rather than other folks who throw some fake witchcraft stuff in and don't understand the underlying principles. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome story

I loved your story. The twists and turns and developments added to the wonderful characters. Thank you for your wonderful work. I am looking forward to your future stories.

mtnman6999mtnman6999over 8 years ago
My contest pick!

Amazingly deep and fulfilling for a 14 page story! As I read, I was constantly wondering how you would resolve all the details by the end. Well Done!

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 8 years ago

Aside a few scattered spellchecker errors, damn this was good. Would have been nice to have a little more detail on what happened with her job, but that's excusable :p

While you didn't actually break the fourth wall with that "characters in a story" conversation, it's certainly more wobbly than a wall is supposed to be lol

Wildcat2013Wildcat2013over 8 years ago
Another fabulous story

Thank you Sue this may be my favorite story yet. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Great Halloween story with a nice lesbian subplot, really enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great halloween story!

I've been your fan since "such a little thing". So, it's a delight to read your story again. Please continue writing. And thank you for sharing with us.

thalt992000thalt992000over 8 years ago
Lovers it

Love all your work with character development and we'll thought out plots. Also shows that believe is all it takes for anything. I myself don't believe in any one thing when it comes to religion I just believe in good and evil and that there is forces in nature that balance both

scarlet_1scarlet_1over 8 years ago
Brilliant

Beautifully written. I loved it.

Thank you Sue for continuing to write and share your tales with us.

RPGerRPGerover 8 years ago
Definately Oh Goody

which was my immediate reaction to seeing that you had posted a new story. Once again you have delivered. It would have been nice to *see* that the boy was freed as well; his screams showed that he, too, was bound. I realize that that is probable with the banishment of his father, but he may not have found his way onward.

Question: How do I vote for best Halloween story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Get job!

Here's to many more and great success to you as a writer.

MaonaighMaonaighover 8 years ago
Are you?

Sue, are you a professional writer? If not, you bloody well should be. As usual, you have produced a story which is excellent from the outset. Early in the tale, without being over-explicit you manage to convey the deep unpleasantness of office politics with all the little rats vying to get to the top of the heap. The sense of atmosphere when Beth was lost on the moors in the dark was nicely creepy and your description of the hotel reminded me of a similar low-star joint in Lincolnshire that my late wife and I once stayed at. The love story was plausible, the ghosts sufficiently evil or tortured, and there was a nice little touch of humour with the builders thinking of Watchdog.

On the critical side, there were a few spelling/punctuation errors, probably typos, which I would have thought the editor would have picked up. But as always, your story was a pure pleasure to read.

Brian

ScattySueScattySueover 8 years agoAuthor
In defense of my editor

The story took longer than I expected to write - partly life getting in the way, partly that it ended up at 51000+ words! This meant that my editor had a very narrow editing window if I was to make the submission deadline. He did an amazing job, particularly as I made some last minute changes and may have introduced new mistakes.

No, I'm not a professional writer. I'd love to be but lack Ruth's "follow your dream" courage.

Thank you all for your feedback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best Literotica Story I've Ever Read!

Five Stars isn't enough! So well written and engaging! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Winner

If this does not win for best story I will be shocked. This is one of if not the best story I have read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
FANTASTIC

Was estactic when I saw you had a new story out. Couldn't put it down.

Keep it up. Got a winner here.

biercebierceover 8 years ago
Simply wonderful

Amazing story. Thank you. Happy Samhain

LcnmdLcnmdover 8 years ago
Wow! Your best ever!

Such a wonderful story, by a great author!

Thank you so much...

L

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaover 8 years ago
Great Story

Five Stars for a great story. I honestly feel that you have already won... Hopefully we will see more of your writings in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
BEAUTIFUL! _ BEAUTIFUL! _ BEAUTIFUL!

ScattySue, WOW! "Haunted by Love" Is a wonderful story, beautifully written by a very talented writer. This has gotta be one of the best stories ever posted on Literotica, and you don't have to look far for the others... Thank you.

(This is worth so much more than a measly 5-Stairs!)

Gay Kat.

The_TechnicianThe_Technicianover 8 years ago
Exceptional Story

A very well written story.

WildBill1954WildBill1954over 8 years ago
Couldn't Put it Down

I'm kind of an insomniac and when I woke up at 3:30 this AM and knew I wouldn't get back to sleep easily I started this story. As I said in the heading - I couldn't put it down. Great story, the only add on I would have liked to see was how Beth handled the "Take This Job and Shove It" aspect but I don't think that it being left out hurt this great read a bit. It still was a lovely story - 5*- I wish I could add more. Like some of the others here I think you should go pro Sue, you've got the talent. I hope you win the contest.

devilsdykedevilsdykeover 8 years ago
Better all the time

Your stories really are getting better all the time. This one was long, but so what. It got me reading from half past dark 'til the early hours. And I'm not even someone who usually likes Supernatural Stories

You may not be a professional writer but, I, and, I guess others, think that maybe you should "follow your dream". There are publishers like Bella that you should approach. The only downside for us is that the stories might disappear fro Literotica. But hey, I'd buy them

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome

Awesome story!!! cant wait to read more!!!

janny54janny54over 8 years ago
ghostly story!

i am not a big fan of spooky stories but this one got me hooked! i felt like i was in the story right along with beth and ruth. it was so engaging and i wanted all the details. became quite an enjoyable read. thank you for your amazing characters and attention to detail. that is what made the story. i still have some unanswered questions and felt the end was a bit rushed. i know you had a deadline. 5+

i would still like more. they have such a connected relationship between themselves as well as with the spirits.

jan

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
Good story.

Was everyone reading in the early morning. I was, reading a part of their visions, and a cold gentle breeze on a calm morning lifted the hair on my neck. Our patio umbrella sqeaked a bit more than I thought it should, then a good gust of wind. Good timing, and a nice haunting. Beth had her new phone, I thought she might catch some images, and be the darling of the show. I like your version much more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
AWESOME!!!!

Your story pulled me in and let me live a different life for awhile. Beautiful.

robinwatergroverobinwatergroveover 8 years ago
Congratulations!!!

Well done Sue!! I just saw that you took first prize in the Halloween competition! I'm the slowest reader in the world so I'm still working my way through this one (I've got quite an incentive to finish it now that I know it's blue ribbon material ;))) but I'm loving it so far! Glad to see good writing go well rewarded!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pleasantly surprised.

Even though I identify as a bisexual woman I've never really tried reading lesbian romance or erotica, I think because lesbian porn doesn't really do much for me. But I loved reading this story, and think that I'll be broadening what I read in the future. I saw the parallels coming, so good job on the foreshadowing. Congratulations on winning the contest. If you aren't already I think you should work on a full length novel (this was pretty darn close, a novella at least) and try to get published. I would get a book by you and I'm sure many others would too. Good luck in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
congratulations sue

...on winning the competition! So glad that u won, u deserved it. Loved ur story😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The beginning stopped me

I mean the hetero sex.

And I understand that you needed it for the end of the story, but I felt quite cheated that a story was tagged as lesbian, and I'm getting explicit hetero sex scenes, not only once but twice, without a warning. I think I'm going to use the word gross.

So I stopped reading for a few days.

But then, I dont know why, I decided I'd try it again.

And from the time Beth reaches the moore and is captivated by Ruth. Well, the story becomes captivating and magical. Even scary at times, and I dont scare from written material.

So I would like to thank you for this. I really enjoyed it.

And please please please could you add a hetero-sex warning at the beginning, so innocent readers won't stumble unaware into this?

ScattySueScattySueover 8 years agoAuthor
Sorry for no warning

Anonymous,I do take your point about the lack of warning - a point my friend Kat would wholeheartedly endorse! However, from an author's perspective, the categorization of stories can (however useful they are to readers) be a real plot-spoiler and hinder the ability to give some uncertainty as to what will happen to the protagonist: if the story is in "Lesbian Sex" then it's a safe bet she'll end up in bed with a woman at some point!

richieyeahrichieyeahover 8 years ago
Congrats

Congratulations on winning the Halloween contest.

A very deserved victory, as i might add.

This story just took me by the hand and led me away, forgotten where all my preoccupations i just had to Finnish this story in one sitting.

thanks you for this adventure

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love the story.

Bravo! I really enjoyed this story. Well written, great plot....keep writing. You are my favorite writer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Amazing story!!! I just absolutely loved it! Congrats on winning you really deserved it!!!!!

lisamorielisamorieover 8 years ago
I loved it!

This was so great-- congratulations!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome

While I am missing the content of your namesake I really enjoy your writing as a whole. Excellently written as always and congrats on the win its about time you got a win with as many as you've entered this year. That ending though was quite the surprise and a pleasant one at that. Looking forward to more of your works and maybe a return to the dirtier side ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Perfect from beginning to end!

Thanks for this! A deserved prizewinner.

Kris K

mambrkemambrkeover 8 years ago
Awesome

Thank you for another great story, you gave us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Shades of Darkness

Reading your story, which I loved, reminded me of the original season of the television program Mystery. Shades of Darkness. I loved the first season and nothing in all the following years has come anywhere close, until I read your story. It was a treat.

audovoiceaudovoiceover 8 years ago
Joy to read!

I love the slowly uncovering the mystery as much as their quickly growing relationship. Plus I love happy endings and this had the happiest ending possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank You

You have created a beautiful, loving story that goes beyond what we normally think of as normal love. You have opened my eyes, as a man, to what real love is. I look forward to reading more of your stories. You do deserve to be the winner of this contest.

bootneck81bootneck81over 8 years ago
Perfect

I have always enjoyed reading Sues stories, but this one is quite in another league, tender , loving with hint of fear, I felt shiver of fear up my spine when Sir Loval spoke the first time. I look forwards to the next wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

durangokid76durangokid76over 8 years ago
Best story on the site!

I have read this twice!! It was that good! I like a story that has a plot and this one more than that. You have a great sense of how to piece a story together and make you care about the characters. Thank you for sharing and PLEASE do more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hooked

What a wonderful story. I got really involved with the protagonist; the characterisation is everything I could have hoped for. Plus, the sex scenes were really hot, and made all the better because I cared about Beth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I loved this story so much! One of the best stories I've ever read on Literotica!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Gisa

My good God this tale was so amazing thank you so much for the wonderful tale.

hanibtorrhanibtorrabout 8 years ago
Okay, I've been Hooked

I'm a sucker for romance, (if not revenge stories) then shoot me if you must. So reel me in, I'm hooked.

MoondogAUMoondogAUabout 8 years ago
Brilliant

One of ScattySue's stories that I hadn't read, and I am glad I did.

Drama, romance and a ghostly love story worthy of Conan Doyle (and then some). Thanks for a great story, and look forward to enjoying more to come. M

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Incredible

I'm a 27 years old straight guy, but reading your story has brought me to tears. Your writing is incredible and so are your stories. With respect and admiration, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Incredible!

I'm a man who usually comes down to read a few stories and then watch porn.

Sorry to admit i'm so shallow (usually) but when I started reading this story I had to finish it!!

I was hooked, even though the sex didn't happen until page 11, it was so well written and intriguing I didn't even care. The mix of ghosts needing to be freed and the research required to get to the bottom of things was amazing. The love story and similarity between Ruth/Beth and Lady Bryth/Anabell was incredible!! Thank you and continue writing please.

Steve

se06010se06010about 8 years ago
More

That was my comment below.

Please let me know if you write any new stories.

Steve

se06010@comcast.net

and thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
you rock girl

ScattySue you always outdo yourself. It takes so much time to come up with something so well written, but then to give it up for free, to us looking for quick fixes or those of us living vicariously through the characters you bring to life so well, takes a special kind of human. You may not hear this much and if you do I hope you don't tire of hearing it..you rock. I appreciate your talent and your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Heart warming

I read it and could not stop reading. The balance of ghostly goings-on and erotic titilation was so well done. Great to see a lesbian story that built slowly rather than the usual 'wham bam thank you mam'

CorinnePapillonCorinnePapillonabout 8 years ago
Possibly slightly addicted....

Hi Sue

What a wonderful story, but frankly I am not surprised at all. I have read almost all of your stories and I love them. I struggled a little with 'you know what' in some of the stories initially, but have grown more accustomer as I read more and more.

Suffice to say that trying to be more adventurous is a plan for me now.

This last story is wonderful, your development of the characters in parallel with the protagonists from the past is stunning and riveting! If it was a book and not on-line, I would say "'I couldn't put it down'! A wonderful read, thank you for all your efforts for us....

with respect and affection

Corinne

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
spooky but i LOVE it

WOW.You have such a creative mind. Definitely worth more than a 5 star.Your stories are the BEST. You are a GREAT writer.

woodseaveswoodseavesalmost 8 years ago
A story rich in human drama and passion

Thank you, Sue, for this beautiful story. At the beginning I thought 15 pages was a bit long, but I couln't put it down and at the conclusion I was sorry it had to end. Superbly crafted and written, the ingredients of adventure, danger, conflict, love, devotion, wonderful heroines .... all brilliantly interwoven. This is the best story I've read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful Story

I was captivated by this story, so tender, loving and well written.

First of Sue's I have read but not the last!

Ruthie73

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
beulahthbrit

Absolutely brilliant, without doubt the best story I have ever read on literotica, under any title heading, it had me hooked from the start. Character development, story flow, everything was spot on, I would pay good money to read anything written by you Sue. I do not know if you are a published author or not, but feel that you certainly have the talent to be one. Take the chance you have the ability to write and succeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Absolutely commendable work by the author... every aspect of the story is just awesome... I love the way you have showed sex between the protagonists as real love, and not lust... great job... looking forward to more such stories

kedveskedvesalmost 8 years ago
Amazing

i read some of your stories before and to be honest was not sure of this one from the heading and brief wording but wow i loved it. the only sad thing for me was that it ended .... it is definitely one of my favourites )

rusty333rusty333over 7 years ago
Haunting

Always enjoy your stories, but this is great.

EaglewingsEaglewingsover 7 years ago
Wounderful

I have been coming to this site for many years and this was by far the best story ever. From start to finish I was enthralled by the characters and enticed to read. Can't wait to read all of your stories and look forward to seeing more, I hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Beautifully written. I definitely fell in love with this story. I absolutely love what you did with the love story between Bethany and Ruth. I was extremely shocked with the pregnancy, I do have a few questions about Beth being the ancestor of the Lady, because her son did die. 10/10

Word_junkieWord_junkieover 7 years ago
Superb!

Thoroughly enjoyable! Your characters are real and come alive through their discovery of each other and their environment. Please write more stories!

MoondogAUMoondogAUover 7 years ago
Still a favorite.

This is one of my top favorites, and lovely to read again just before Halloween.

Thanks Sue, and hope that you find more inspiration to continue to write such lovely stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
ghost story

What a great story. Will definitely re-read. Thanks Sue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I loved it.

Beautiful, spooky and romantic love story. Well written, very good continuity and definitely worthy of being published. (I think so!) Sue, you are by far one of my favorite writers. Thank you for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I didn't like it

It was well written, but it bothered me that she got payed by her employer to do her job, includeing expenses (like the phone), and then didn't send them the work - betraying her coworkers and employer, plus the fact that she managed to squeeze some more money from said employer, plus the fact that she didn't inform the father about the baby, as though he had no say or and right to know he even had a baby.

Other than that it was alright, albeit a bit lengthy.

CoeliacChicCoeliacChicover 7 years ago

Wow I absolutely adored that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful, engrossing story

I loved the parallel love stories, Bethany and Ruth, with Rosalind and Arabella. I did wonder that sending William to boarding school shouldn't have resulted in the deaths of 4 people, thinking there had to be a stronger motivation. Of course, that motivation was love - not the kind that Lovell could understand, but that Arabella and Rosalind clearly felt. The parallels, ancestors, Bethany staying where Rosalind lived, Ruth living where Arabella lived, Ruth rescuing Beth like Arabella rescued Rosalind - perfectly executed.

That being said, I thought Lovell was too much of a one-note character, and Bethany should have told Rick that he was a father. (Although Rick clearly didn't think much of Bethany, and [most probably] against HR regulations, had a sexual relationship with someone reporting directly to him. Actually, Bethany could have gotten Rick fired for his inappropriate behavior.) But Bethany wants to let the past go, and concentrate on the now and future with Ruth and their daughter - lovely! They can enjoy the life together denied to Rosalind and Arabella.

luv2read2

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved this

Absolutely loved this story ,

Shamus88Shamus88over 7 years ago
Wonderful

Thanks SSue - love your work - you are a truly gifted story teller !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful!

amazing piece of work. Love it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Absolutely gorgeous!

A true masterpiece

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
couldn't stop reading

A beautiful story full of love, truth, kindness and joy ~ more please :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
AMAZING!

I love this story! Its full of love and joy, I got bored reading this but I tried my best to finish reading the story. LUUUUVVV IIIITTTT!!!!

lespoon1lespoon1about 7 years ago
Beautifully written. 5+++

As always, a wonderful story so well written. I will read this again, as I have your other entries on this site. XX

RenataAsheRenataAshealmost 7 years ago
Beautiful!

I'm jealous of their love and a job well done! I love the story and didn't want it to end ever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a fantastic love story mixed in with a wonderful historical experience. You are truly a great writer and should pursue writing your own book!

See above

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Couldn't get past the first page... lackluster editing can truly diminish a story

Spend the time to polish it up those able to read past the numerous errors left really favorable reviews .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
beautiful love story, iv read it twice and will read it again WOW :)

best storie ever

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 7 years ago
Absolutely Lovely!

I loved every word of this story, and will re-read it in the near future! thank you so very much for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow!

Fabulous story - you should publish it if you haven't already!

ThisNameIsntTakenYetThisNameIsntTakenYetalmost 7 years ago
Hauntingly Beautiful

I just finished the story and I'm kind of speechless. This is by far the longest story I've ever read on here, but I loved every word of it. It's amazing how well you managed to tell an actual story that just happened to have some very graphic (and hot!) sex scenes. Never before has a story on here touched me so much, it really was a very emotional story with lots of character development and a satisfying ending.

There were some small typos, grammatical mistakes and other small things, but while they slightly pulled me out of the flow while reading it really was a minor inconvenience. If you had fixed those (or enlisted the help of an editor) this story would have been perfect. Now it's just really, really, really good.

Keep writing, I'll be sure to check out your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I loved it!

Fantastic story! It's the best story I've read on this website, by far!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Unfair!

Why do your (fictional) readers get an entire book, while we only get 15 pages?

Jay545Jay545almost 7 years ago
much continued thanks

I just love this story. I honestly have read it several times. Just like all of your submissions. Whenever i want to just fall into what I'm reading i always come back to your words.

Thank you for sharing this and all others with us.

I do hope that we all will have the privilege of a fresh story in the future.

xo

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Is it just me or did lit's CMS butcher this story with repeating and missing paragraphs here and there?

ScattySueScattySueover 6 years agoAuthor

Anonymous, while there are one or two minor typos, there doesn't seem to be anything substantially wrong with the formatting so I guess it's you :-)

1994lesbian1994lesbianover 6 years ago
In awe.

Id seen this in the main page a few times but for some reason always looked past it, today I didn't and I'm so lad I finally took the time to read it. I've read some amazing stories on here and this is definitely one of them, it's different from all the others and for that I love it. I truly am in awe over your skill, storytelling and pure romance. Amazing xx😍😘❤

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
...

Dear ScattySue

Thank you.

Sincerely

The hearts of those you've touched

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Mesmerizing

I absolutely loved this story! It was amazing and I could not put it down! You greatly captured the characters and made a believer of me that perhaps true loce is out there for all of us even if only in the most odd places one may think to look.... stunning I loved it!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScattySue@ScattySue
1860 Followers
I love well written erotic stories: those with a good plot line and engaging characters so I try to provide those in my stories. Thank you to all those who have liked and commented on my stories; such feedback is both helpful and encouraging. Well, life has been getting in t...