All Comments on 'A Painful Confession: Cliff and Amy'

by Cinical

Sort by:
  • 398 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Clinical is a good word

It describes this perfectly. Flat and emotionless revenge with nothing but bad feelings after finishing. Not what I came here for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
way to long

good story but way to long, keep it up.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

It was a good effort and the way the husband reacted was probably realistic, with the marriage just fizzling out. However, it needed some more excitement and emotion to make it a really engaging story.

The husband was an accountant, so he should have squirreled away lots of their assets over the months she was fucking her lover. Then when he hit her with a divorce, it would have been more satisfying, as her prediction of him being raped in the divorce was avoided.

It was nice to see the cheating wife fall apart after the divorce, but that was just a fortunate accident rather than by design, so not all that cathartic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

You got your name right! Clinical, repetitive, long-winded boring drivel.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
WHEN THE ONE CHEATING GIVES ULTIMATUMS

and doesn't think she can refrain from cheating give her the heave ho and move on, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
wow

so retarded I couldn't even finish first page.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Different, but not bad. Pretty realistic. Sad, but not hopeless. She's unhappy now, but she'll never know the pain she put him through. They both lost something, but only he lost something he was invested in at the time. He's made out well enough in the end, without going fairy tale with the ending. Good job. I hope to read more from you. Thanks for the story.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good job.

I liked it.

A very decent , longer story.

Well done.

It did end the kind of way I expected it would , which was mildly disappointing , as all through the story , when I expected it to go one way , instead it went the other.

All in all , a good take on a well used theme.

More please.

4 *

Impo_64Impo_64almost 6 years ago
A good story, just a weak point...

A good story, just a weak point: "I found myself unable to dislike this guy"...Really? If we say: "She got what she deserved", would that mean that he got what he deserved too? 3*

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Hi! My name is Amy too...

Oh wait, it’s not. What hell is with this spam???

Anyway.... brilliant story. It bogs down in certain places, but totally has a “real” feel about it. No Green Berets, or hiding millions in the Caymans, or even busting the boyfriend up.

She’s mentally fucked up by the affair. He says no. She says yes. Then divorce and financial hardships and feelings of personal failure.

Despite what I felt were pacing issues (and a few typos that are so common that I’ve started to be mentally blind to them) i give this story 4.5-stars, which I’m rounding up to 5-stars, rather than my usual rounding down since I try to reserve those for what I call “Literotica Classics”.

Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
???

Good story until the end. I was going to ask for more, but you screwed the pooch with the ending. Try again!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
Interesting story

I agree with some of the other commenters about the pacing; it dragged a bit. Realistic? Yeah, I’d say so, because sometimes affairs are revealed by confession rather than discovery. It wasn’t BTB, because he came out poorer as well,even though he did cost Amy and her boyfriend their jobs.

One interesting point: Cliff and Amy were supposed to be good in bed together, but once he learned the truth, the author gave him performance issues. It was explained by him picturingCody fucking his wife, but the episode with Susan made that appear different. Since I was wondering how the story would have gone had Amy agreed to break off her sexual relationship with Cody, I had to wonder if their sex life would have suffered if she had agreed to break up with her boyfriend.

In fact, I’d like to see the road not taken, where,the confession not having worked the way Amy had wanted, she agreed to Cliff’s demands, and broken up with her side guy. Cliff had said that he’d have been satisfied with that, but could the marriage have survived. That’d be a good one for Powersworder to write.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
Maybe it was too realistic.

There's nothing fun about infidelity and divorce. This story underscored that. Thus, it is not a fun story. The problem with keeping it totally real is the reality of having a cheating spouse sucks. Readers tend to hope for some cool way out of the mess, a fantasy where the wronged husband winds up happy, usually with a younger woman with big tits and a great personality. There was very little fantasy here. Even the lawsuit against the school was tossed out, just like it would be in real life. The wife stating her case a thousand times seemed real, but redundant as hell for to your readers. There were no special forces, special electronic devices, no amazing revenge and no pickaxe handles. It needed something to give the reader some kind of hope. Bad divorces are too real and too common. Readers are looking for something out of the ordinary. They want to see the wronged party survive and succeed. This tale did not deliver that fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Reality sucks

But it is the best solution to this type of event. Very good story if overlong 4**** stars. @etchiboy I was wondering about the spam also then I thought that it was just discrete advertising by management.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

"Cliff had said that he’d have been satisfied with that, but could the marriage have survived. That’d be a good one for Powersworder to write."

I don't hate reconciliations in a cheating wife story if they're handled properly. For that type of ending to work, the reconciliation can't be an afterthought, it has to be the bulk of the story... where the wife atones for her betrayal. An example of this is "Ari" by Ohio (parts 2 + 3, he continued a JPB story). She was a corporate whore, who manages to win her husband back after a lot of hard work.

I'd struggle to write a reconciliation for this mess though (the scenario, not the quality of the story). Amy doesn't regret the affair and basically asks her husband to let her continue cheating... therefore the tone of the conversation is all wrong for a reconciliation and she ends up causing a huge amount of emotional pain on the husband. That subsequently has repercussions later in the bedroom and ultimately makes a divorce inevitable.

The following makes reconciliations extremely unlikely:

1) Multiple lovers

2) Long-term love affairs

3) Doing things for the lover the wife refused to do for the husband. eg swallowing, anal, threesomes (with another girl).

4) If the sex with her lover was much better than with her husband (especially if the lover has a big cock).

5) bareback sex with her lover

6) catching an STD (and even worse giving it to the husband!)

7) Publicly embarrassing/humiliating her husband when her affair becomes public knowledge.

8) If she's pregnant with the lover's baby!

9) If she tricked the husband into raising her lover's bastards.

In this story, we're looking at number 2 + 4, which is an uphill task (but not totally insurmountable).

If a reconciliation story is going to work, the cheater has to realise that they've inflicted a huge amount of emotional pain on their spouse. That the person their partner loved the most, just betrayed them in the worst way possible. Reconciliations can work, but they need the following:

1) Genuine regret for cheating.

2) Careful handling of the confrontation scene where the wife doesn't damage the husband's ego.

3) There must be no hint that sex with the lover was better, or that the husband wasn't satisfying her in bed somehow (or there will be performance issues later).

4) No blame sharing! Unless the husband was cheating himself or physically abusive, trying to point fingers at him to justify her cheating torpedoes any chance at reconciliation. If the husband wasn't paying her enough attention, she should have asked for more, not gone out and fucked another guy. This mess is all her fault!

5) Contrite behaviour and not getting angry at the husband when he lashes out verbally through jealousy or feelings of betrayal.

6) Assisting the husband with getting revenge on the lover. This proves that the lover meant nothing to her and that the husband comes first.

7) Proving to the husband that he's better off keeping her, rather than cutting his losses and getting a divorce, and that she'll never be unfaithful again. (A post-nup, handing over of assets, fulfilling his fantasies etc).

In my opinion, writing a reconciliation is the hardest type of "loving wives" story to write (or at least to make it convincing). The wife can't have fucked up so badly that reconciliation is impossible, and she has to work her ass off to make it up to the husband. That's why it's very rare that reconciliation stories don't feel forced (in my opinion).

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 6 years ago
Pretty good story

I liked your story. It was pretty well written, crisp and well paced and ended just right. It seems that some where in the forty to fiftyish phase, people do do a lot of re-assessing as they look back over their past years. I often think it is not so much the end of a marriage that causes this backward look but often it is the look that ends the marriage. We move on to a new phase of our lives as our primary work ends and we look, perhaps, with some trepidation, at what the future has in store for us. Not old but no longer young it is time to make some new choices...or not. Either way you can find satisfaction, contentment, happiness and a new dedication. It is all about choices. You can choose which way to go cuz you have more control.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
the hard truth

Even though the courts rape you in a divorce....men will ALWAYS do better than a woman.

That's the only reason marriage exists, for women. Men have status, resources, age better, and can impregnate women as old as seventy. Women find all those things instinctively attractive. Men only find two things attractive in a primal sense: youth and beauty.

Women can only bear children from late teens until late thirties without health risks. That's a small window. A divorced man (even if the courts financially rape him) will easily attract younger fertile women looking for status, security, and health above all other things. Women have ruined the institution of marriage in their own short term self interest. They removed any responsibility for adultery and the damage it does to family units, they rigged the courts to favor women only in child custody, and alimony. Long term though, there aren't enough stupid men left to marry after reading and hearing the horror stories.

Men can BUY a womb for less than a wedding. Men are built tougher for doing lots and lots of overtime and career pursuit. Best of all, men can settle down....literally whenever they want. Women needed marriage, and they are now realizing like this Ex wife is, how little men need them.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

"Even though the courts rape you in a divorce....men will ALWAYS do better than a woman."

That's been my experience as well. I know several couples that broke up due to the wife's infidelity and the husband has ultimately done better in all of them.

The first couple were in their late twenties, the wife cheated on the husband with his best friend just after her second baby was born. The husband moved out, the lover moved in, but they didn't last. The wife met someone else, but she begged the husband to take her back on the eve of his wedding to a younger woman (5 years later). The husband turned her down and went on to have a great life with his second wife. They had a child together, he retired at 55 and they now spend half their time in their villa in the south of France (he's a self-made multi-millionaire). The ex-wife settled for the guy she was willing to cast aside, married him and they're still together. They didn't have any children together and are struggling financially.

The second couple (early 30's) broke up when the wife got into drugs and cheated on her husband multiple times. She lost custody of their three kids to him, he remarried a younger woman, had two kids with her, and became very wealthy as he expanded his pharmacy into a chain and then sold them (another self-made millionaire). The ex-wife ended up destitute and alone.

The third couple (early 40's) had two kids and had been together 15 years, but they broke up when the wife decided she wasn't attracted to the husband any more (I've no idea why, he hadn't let himself go). She ended up with an older man, while her ex-husband (a successful doctor) remarried a stunning Polish girl 10 years younger than him. The wife did well in the divorce, but the husband comes from family money, so ultimately with inheritances and his future earnings, he'll dwarf her wealth (which will make a huge difference when he retires in his mid-fifties). That was relatively recent, so we'll have to see how that pans out in the future, but I'm betting the husband ends up more successful and happier with his beautiful young second wife.

The fourth couple broke up after 20 years together and the husband suffered in the short term for her betrayal because he never saw it coming. He then sorted himself out, started dating a lot of women, some of them half his age (he was 50), before finally marrying a fit divorcee 15 years younger than him. The ex-wife never remarried and got to watch as her ex-husband remade himself into the outgoing, sociable guy she'd always wanted. You can imagine how bitter she was about the whole divorce, even though she asked for it!

So only a small sample, but the husband did better in all of them after the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Been there

Real close to the same, it was six months going on before my wife sat me down and told me. "It's "just" sex." she said, word for word. Later, I found them in a café, sitting holding hands. That got me 10 days in jail, guy was 15 years younger than me but nowhere near as mean. My kicking him in the Cajones a couple of times after he was out actually got a grin from the Judge rather than making things worse.

Yep, she got half, way it is. Some of us just won't stand for it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

"Its not a bad thing Darling." - Not this again! Of COURSE it's a bad thing! Wouldn't she think it was a bad thing if he told her that he was "seeing" another woman, especially someone she knows, who will probably be smirking at her whenever they meet?

PLEASE, authors, learn the difference between "discreet" and "discrete"!

Of course Lover Boy is a younger, Phys. Ed. instructor, i.e. hubby won't have a chance in a physical encounter.

Not that I would in ANY way accept the relationship, but unless or until they split up, their relationship is over, she moves to the guest room, and he's going to sleep with other women.

"No more hang ups about oral sex or anything." - If she had "hang ups" with the husband that she loved with all her heart, how come she didn't have them with Lover Boy?

I don't think that I could forgive and forget, but ANY chance for our marriage would require a total break with Cody, no "seeing" him, no talking except for school business, no lunches. Ideally a transfer to a different school. Absolutely 100% no continuation of the affair!

"You'll always be my number one." - Number one implies number 2 or more! Marriage means one and ONLY!

Who cares how it started? It's going on, even if he date raped her, she's in control now and doesn't intend to stop.

Gym memberships aren't THAT expensive! Planet Fitness advertises $10/month!

Why the odd capitals? He's an "Accountant," she's a "Teacher," Cody was their "Instructor."

God, his comments were so obviously Pussy Hound predator!

"We never meant for anything to happen. I sure didn't" - HE sure did! That's why he suggested moving it to his complex, convenient to his apartment.

"I'm very ashamed for deceiving you." - But not ashamed for cheating on him, or for wanting to continue!

Her conscience won't allow her to continue deceiving him, but it's fine with her continuing to cheat? And yes, it's still cheating even though he now knows!

Yeah, sure! When she ends it with Cliff she'll want to continue exploring her "new experiences"!

The tests only show that they were clean then. As long as they're still fucking, anything can happen!

"I would never do that and you know it." - He also knew, or at least thought, that she would never cheat, and we've seen how THAT worked out!

I love how these wives who LOVE their husbands SO MUCH, so easily switch to "I'll rape you" if you try to divorce me mode!

"Nothing will change between us you'll see." - Everything has already changed!

I don't know why he's worried that fucking her would ruin his chances of divorcing her for adultery. The live in a no-fault state it doesn't matter. Frankly, if I could get it up I would take her ass, and mark her body all over with hickeys.

I wouldn't have made "amiable conversation," I would have just eaten in silence, ignoring any attempts at conversation that she made. Make it clear that as long as she was with Cody, we were NOT going to have our normal marriage.

"I haven't asked him yet" - Ask him what? If he's like to watch?!

I'll bet if they HAD gone to the club that Cody would have "just happened" to be there!

"while she yelled back that I was a liar and was just trying to manipulate her." - Well, she should know!

"Can I call you Cliff?" - No!

HE has no animosity towards Cliff? How magnanimous of him!

"I found myself unable to dislike this guy." - WTF? He's piling the bullshit so high that the entire school should be buried! He's right that he wouldn't stand a chance in a fight, but he should give him a good kick in the balls!

"Grateful that she's not 'throwing it in his face'?" He already knows she's doing it, she doesn't have to throw it in his face!

"She was in her fifties and her face looked her age. Her breasts were saggy and her muscles were the thin, stringy cords you see on older women." - I thought she was supposed to be hot?

"I think he's getting old." - Boy, I'll bet THAT helps him get over her younger lover!

"I just want to make you happy." - You want to make him happy? Drop Cody, or give him a FAIR divorce!

"Cody wasn't worth it. I know that now." - She didn't know it when her husband made clear that it was destroying their marriage?

Danger09Danger09almost 6 years ago
Did this really needed to be 6 pages?

No, no it didn't. I actually skipped a few paragraphs due to the wimpy husband indecisiveness. I really didn't understand what was there to talk about? She's been cheating on him for months and have no intentions of stopping.. What....in....the....fuck...is...there.....to....talk.....about? Her indifferent attitude for his feelings, their marriage, their family was disgusting. I was really irked that he just sat there crying like a little bitch. Then she threatens to screw him in the divorce which meant her and her lover had a backup plan in case he wanted a divorce. It was a no brainer to throw the braindead slut out. No amount of talking would've fixed this mess. The fact that she KEPT seeing him even knowing/seeing how her affair is affecting her husband--the man she claimed to love.. She still had time to get her pussy filled. Fuck 20 years‼️... She didn't care about those 20 years, she didn't give those 20 years a second thought while she was going out on dates, kissing, sucking and fucking Cody. It could be 60 years...I don't care. A slut is a slut is a slut... She's just a geriatric slut. There was really no emotion in this story I would not read it again. I felt the husband was a little bit of a pussy. It was 6 pages of him being depressed while the slut gets her holes filled.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I didn't like it; too long.

I don't understand why Amy confessed her affair. She hid it from Cliff and didn't intend to change her actions after the confession. She focused primarily on her pleasure she wasn't going to give up her affair and felt that her new sexiness helped Cliff. Why wouldn't she keep her secret and enjoy both men? This wasn't a story where she announced that she was going to move her lover into their bedroom or even go out with him when she should have been with her husband. In her mind, Cliff wasn't going to lose anything.

Once she confessed her affair, her behavior didn't change despite Cliff's protests. The divorce should have happened by page two. She didn't love Cliff if she would continue her afternoon fucks with Cody despite how it was affecting Cliff and their marriage. I found the Cody character ridiculous. Why would the stud be chasing after Amy while married and drop her when she was single? I know there are lots of fetishes out there but fucking old ladies is not common for young guys. No way he would stay interested in her for months unless she was paying him to fuck her.

Of course this is a BTB because Cliff ends up with a younger woman and she ends up unhappy with an old guy. 2 stars.

reasonable man

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
3.6

Not a bad tale however outside of the two main chargers everyone else was like a hi/bye in passing. Have the whole thing a feel of being stretched out.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamorealmost 6 years ago
Too f’n long

Accountants know lawyers, and the better lawyer gets the best deal in every divorce. Junk worry about finances, no professional would fear a divorce from a psycho, in fact just the opposite- staying married is the biggest risk.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 6 years ago
She confessed because Cody manipulated her to

He had fun breaking up the marriage. It was just a power trip for him. If Cliff hadn't got him fired, Cody would have dumped her anyway. He was a predator but she fell for his shit and ended up losing everything. The other women probably stopped going to the exercise class because Cody was hitting on each of them. Amy was the only one that wasn't faithful.

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 6 years ago
absolutely brilliant 5*

this worked better than any of the other "we need to talk" type stories i've read. it had lots of emotion and dialogue between the waring parties, she obviously had a thing for younger men which alleviated the need for the loviing wives "slutray" and he was an average guy not some gung ho overly macho clever dick (which always explains the wife cheating in my book)

she fed him a shit sandwich and he chewed and swallowed out of love for her, but when he spewed she didn't like the mess, she got what she deserved in the end.

fantastic realistic story, thankyou for sharing, hope you write more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I tried to read this horse shit.

I got all the way up to the sentence, "I found myself unable to dislike this guy." The guy is fucking your wife and you don't dislike him? There were several things in this story I didn't like leading up to this point so when I read that I just gave up.

TailakaTailakaalmost 6 years ago
What kind of accountant was he???

For that matter what kind of man was he?? Working in accounting I wonder how the hell he was unable to hide any money at all. Maybe they never had any kind of assets to begin with, but he should have be able to liquidate what he had. His being an acct. should have foreshadowed his ability to do SOMETHING financial to help himself. It wasn't a bad story but it just kinda petered out...sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just not real,,, or practical,,, or normal.

You appear to be a good writer and you have talent, but you seemed to make Cliff a glutton for punishment. No man would put up with the shit Amy tried to pull. You have great imagination, you just need to put it to a better direction. The ending was great, and complete for a change. I'd give you 5 for the writing, but your content gets a 1.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 6 years ago
Why Cincal why

This is your second submission and though long you spun a good tale. if you have been an avid reader of Literotica you should have noticed how many writers thank their editors, you had no thank you so I can assume (bad word) that you had no editor.

You wrote that at the time of the confession both kids were in college and that,

'Now, after twenty blissful years of marriage she dumps this shit on me'.

'I always felt lucky to marry her. When we met Amy was a sexy divorcee, four years older than I with two young children'.

If best guess' where made the kids would have been maybe 2 and 4 when they got together, yet what one would assume (there's that bad word again) they would now be 22 and 24. After what one would guess (not assume) was at least 2 years after the divorce he sees her at the restaurant and says,

"I speak to Martha and Robbie sometime." I told her. "They seem to be doing well in school. I'm glad about that."

Another gaff was when he met Susan.

'After an hour or so of chatting, Amy called a Chinese restaurant for take out. When the food arrived we went inside and sat around the kitchen eating. Both women were drinking wine, and as the evening wore on were getting giggly. It was Friday night so I knew they wouldn't have to go to school in the morning'.

'I thought about going to a hotel. But dammit! I wasn't going to let my stupid wife chase me out of my own house. I went into the guest room, locked the door and moved the dresser in front of it. Now if they try to sneak in, at least I'll hear them coming and can defend myself'.

Then you wrote.

'The next day I realized that I couldn't take anymore. As much as I love Amy, I now know she'll never give in. I went to my Lawyer during my lunch and told him to go through with the divorce'.

A good editor or proof reader would have caught these and made the story sound better.

I look forward to your next to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
whiling and bitching hubby

closet cockold.should went too decon 4 the first time she told him she was whoring around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This was pretty pathetic

Where do these ridiculous ideas come from. So many of these stories start out with a wife who just decided to tell her husband “oh by the way, I’m having an affair” almost like saying “oh I ran into Susan today at the grocery store. That n her happens. These stories are so sad when they are designed to automatically make the woman out to be a heartless bitch simply to appease the sick fucks who find a wronged husband getting revenge on a cheating wife erotic. What a sick little bunch of losers.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 6 years ago
A reasonably good, very realistic story

HDK's comments are correct - "Blood From a Turnip" is a good example of the kind of story he is talking about (not an HDK story, sorry). I appreciate Powersworded's examples of where the husband ultimately did ok. That is what happened to me. This story is long and very realistic; I am not sure that Amy would have ever realized what she did IRL, but it made for a nice epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wife was selfish

She never offered to let hubby watch.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 6 years ago
This was a good story, well written.

And, yes, this kind of tragic stuff does happen when a wife or a husband decides they need more than their poor spouse can provide.

Redo1984Redo1984almost 6 years ago
Nice read.

We need an expert witnes!

Can teachers really lose their jobs over this? in a union.

I don’t think so. They can be let go after the school year unless they have tenure?

I have a hard time believing a wife would do such a thing- to admit an affair and continue and expect the husband to go along. I know, naive. I think admitting an affair happens mostly after they’re dumped or it ended. at least that’s my true life

experience.

During the story, my thought was Cody was fucking a diff teacher every night at his appt during the personal training.That never was clear on how much action he was getting.

I would have went for the threesome. Shooting a load on this type of ex wife’s face would be satisfying. Lick it up Susan.

“Lick it up, lick it up, ooh yeah it's only right now.”🎵

🤘

GladstonGlieseGladstonGliesealmost 6 years ago
I'm sorry but...

Who the hell likes tuna casserole?

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 6 years ago
A good . . .

. . . sad story. Realistic, generally well written. Dragged a bit at times with too much repetition (especially from the cheating wife), but all in all fairly entertaining. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
teacher jobs

To answer the question, yes there is a morality clause in nearly every teacher's contract, not only wold they loose their job they would also loose their license.

Redo1984Redo1984almost 6 years ago
Teachers job

Difficult to prove and I find it hard to believe that would be enforced.

Opens up a city to a lawsuit as well.

Let her keep her job so he doesn’t have to pay as much alimony!

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
YUKIE POO ( I SAY TO MY BABY DAUGHTER-SHE GIGGLES )

One Part Soured My Guts And Therefore I Hate This Story!.....You used Her Haggard Looks And Also Her Diabetes To Describe What Happens When You Cheat " BULLSHIT " Sickness and Older Looks Is Not To Used In Describing Cheating!

★★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Light the Fire!!

Burn baby burn!!!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 6 years ago
Sorry, too full of abuse of the husband

It starts with the wife pissing all over him. After a bit of shock, he thinks about divorce but she would take him to the cleaners.

Then we get the fat filler with all the bad things happening to him. The boyfriend's arrogance. The wife's continual and escalating disrespect. BTW, he's a moron as well. He says "I've heard of other cheating wives that threw their affair in their husband's face to humiliate them. She never did that to me." Of COURSE she did. She slammed his face into her affair so that she wouldn't feel guilty about lying to him. He told her she was disrespecting him. She WAS humiliating him. She didn't care that she was. It was bad enough she was putting him down, he was putting himself down as well. No one would want to date him so he just wallowed in his misery. He's like a punching bag.

Finally, ... he divorces her, and she did get a pretty good amount. This could have been a short story.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 6 years ago
Overall, much better than the first story

A bit too long, and the ending was too abrupt. But still a good read. Looking forward to more of your works.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Husband was an idiot

His sex life was better because of her affair. He never knew of it until sbe told him. She did prioritize him and was discreet. She did everything peferctly and he admitted his life was better. So then he divorces her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
LIKED IT

Stories like this always tickle my fancy.Yes , it could have shorter but not worried about this.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 6 years ago
I like your style

For your second entry I like the way you tell your stories. This on was interesting in the way he did not go navy seal on any one. He looked at his options, gave her some time, tried the church angle, I have to admit I just love it when she has a hold of his penus and it starts to shrivel. That is the one non verbal statement that he made with out saying one word. Was she to stupid to see that that was the end of the marrage. Then she thinks bringing in another will turn him on when she can no longer do it just shows her how how he is not and will not be the slut she has become. Gave you a 4 Keep up the good work and I can see a 5 in the near future

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Good realistic story

Cody was a total scum bag that didn't care who he hurt and his seduction of Amy pretty much destroyed her life. Amy seemed to be dumber than a bag of rocks since she refused to realize Cliff's reaction was not going to change if she kept up her affair. If she really loved him after he raised her children through college and remained devoted to her all of those years she should have recalibrated her affair pretty quickly after realizing that Cliff was not going to accept her cheating. Pretty realistic story about a middle aged woman being blinded by her own ego, conceit and the delusion that her husband couldn't possible divorce her because of the financial pain. A fairly good marriage destroyed by a egotistical prick taking advantage of a simple minded lady.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
2* Reallly? Wimpy kuck krap

Both the cheating slut and her scumbag lover could have easily been burned.

Man up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This story PERFECTLY illustrates.....

what is wrong with public school education in this modern era.

The morality play here isn't what why and how to deal with a cheating spouse.

No.

It is why we need more female gym teachers. ???

Think about it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Guilty Sex

I know from experience that a cheating wife will become very compliant with her husband. While my wife was seeing another man, like Cody a college instructior, while I was working out of town for weeks and months at a time the sex when I got home was great. I knew she was fucking him the first time after she screwed him and told her so. Alone in a foriegn country and bored to death she needed someone to be while I was gone and he filled that need.. So unlike Cliff I didn't demand that she stop seeing him. That might make me a whimp but I could live with her sleeping with him while I was away and the sex when I gogt home was good because she felt guilty. The sad part for me was that when he was transferred to a town two hours away, my wife who couldn't find her way around the town we lived in, drove to be with him. When she met him after being apart for several weeks she learned that he had moved on to another woman. When she called me in tears and told me that her affair was over I hung up on her. She still doesn't understand that she went to him because she had fallen in love with him and that she didn't end the affair because she loved only me but because he never loved her. She was just a good fuck; and she still is.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 6 years ago
Brutal

That was so depressing....I would hope that no guy with any balls would live with a cheating slut like that, but some guys probably are too worried about money.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Can't put a price on your self respect

Most alimony is for a fixed period, yes you lose part of your retirement, but peace of mind is worth the cost.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I gave the story a five, however....

This story illustrates the irony of the situation. Now she’s devastated, and while he’s not that bad off, he appears to be totally unfulfilled, and lonely. The irony of the situation is that he’d probably be happier now if he’d just accepted the situation that his wife put him in, assuming that Cody would probably move on eventually, and then returned to some semblance of a marriage with Amy. Not condoning what she did, just saying. Misery is misery, no matter how you get there.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
@anony misery may be misery but

Cliff let her know right from the moment she revealed her affair that he was totally devastated and against it. She continued the affair because she was dumb, arrogant and egotistical and didn't really care about her husband. Her husband her second by the way took her in with two small children and I get the opinion that she thought of him as a "sucker" and would be a willing cuck to let her have her grand affair. Well no he would not have been better keeping her and he seems to be getting over his misery much better than the "dummer than a bag of rocks" slut is at the conclusion to this story. Accepting the situation with his wife and Cody would have continued to destroy every ounce of self respect he had left and his life would have been much worst off than the ending of this story.

timrivtimrivalmost 6 years ago

Well as someone who likes happy endings and to see a guy forgive (and I get a lot of flack over that) in this case Amy got what she deserved. What turned me off was not the cheating but her disrespect for her husband and her insufferable attitude that it was her way or she would strip him of his finances. Not a fan of cheating but can get over that but not the disrespect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Reality??

Long read.....unfortunately I think this situation is very common. Neither side wins

when one party starts an affair and doesn't stop it. I have seen several marriages and families ruined as a result of screwing around on the side. I give it a five based on realism but it's a sad sad song.

chytownchytownalmost 6 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

TX_AF_VetTX_AF_Vetalmost 6 years ago
Stronger?

I think this story could have been much stronger. As Amy becomes more devoted to cheating and thinking she should be allowed to do it, her suffering should have increased exponentially.... Contact me if you want some hints for next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This a typical ending to a stupid 50 yr old women's affair

She killed the marriage and both are suffering . Not a good ending .

meucimeucialmost 6 years ago
exactly what the bitch deserved!!

The fact that not only did she do it she, was obviously proud of herself. The only thing that would have made it better would have been she got nothing in the divorce and neither of her kids wanted anything to do with her. She didn't just hurt him, she cost her kids the only father they ever knew. Like I said the bitch got exactly what she deserved!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
a good cautionary tale

she got what she deserved, and even if he could forgive her, he could never trust her again

as for her aging so fast. guilt and remorse will do that

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
The Financials Of Divorce

These LW stories have it backwards with the financial loss for men in divorces. Women come out of divorce much worse than men. For example, let's take this case. Amy says that Cliff made twice what she did, and she is a long term teacher. So let's say she made $80,000 a year and he made $160,000. The rule courts typically follow is that they take 40% of the husband's income and subtract 50% of the wife's income to determine alimony (assuming the husband is the higher earning spouse). So in this case $64,000 minus $40,000, equaling $24,000. AND he now can declare that for taxes so she ends up paying taxes on that while he does not. So if his top income is at 30% tax rate between the fed and state then he really is losing out $17,000 a year in after tax income to alimony. So she goes from living in a household with $240,000 income before taxes to one at $104,000 before taxes, and he goes from $240,000 to $136,000. Yes, both lose, but the wife is worse off.

And as far as splitting the assets 50-50, well, they both contributed, and I understand he put more financially into the marriage, but she most likely put more into the home and raising the children (which is typical between the genders). And for those saying in this story they were HER kids, you know what, he adopted them and I'm sure loved them and it was a gift to him having these children. So that argument goes out the window.

Even if the husband has to pay child support say $10,000 per child per year, let's not forget that it costs at least that much to raise each child. AND he should want to pay to raise his children. So it's not like the wife is getting rich on the child support amount, unless the dude is super wealthy. And as far as the wife getting residential custody, this allows men to see the kids for the good times to hang out with them, while the mom has all the hard work to make sure they do their homeworks, get to bed on time, all the shitty things. I'm not saying good fathers don't miss out on not seeing their kids every day, but I'm saying it's not a picnic for the mom that is left to raise kids on her OWN without the father around a majority of the time, while he gets to go out out at nights and date and whatever.

Yeah, it sucks paying alimony to a cheating spouse or divide the assets 50-50, but in this case they were married 20 years before she cheated and according to him she was a great wife before that. And if you consider that it is much more often that men are the cheaters and men are the ones that leave older wives and children for a younger woman, then the courts are really more often protecting men and not the women.

Bottom line both lose financially in a divorce, but the wife loses more financially from a divorce. So this idea that a wife can threaten the husband with divorce hurting him financially and would be a boon for her is total nonsense on these LW stories that are misogynistic masturbatory fodder for men who hate women. A woman's household income goes down much more and if they have kids she has to raise the kids mostly by herself while she has to work and tend to the house. That is the reality. It hurts both individuals financially and emotionally, but typically it hurts women much more and in real life women knowing that put up with cheating husbands, abusive husbands, husbands who don't know their way around a clit to save their lives because of the financial loss they would endure in a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well-written, sad tale

This LW cheating wife story had a stronger flavor of realism than most. How the guy who was oblivious really suffered and was depressed. Although a bright guy, he just had no way forward without major depression--and the blessings of time. / I also want to give a strong word of support to commenter Johnadp, who spelled out the true picture about divorce. That it is usually the woman who gets the short straw--less money, more childcare, inconsistent child support; and yes, more commonly, it is the man who is cheating. We do encounter a raft of misogynistic BTB crap on here; for the most part, that is feel-good fantasy or bluster. Yes, women now do a fair share of cheating these days, too. But too often, in these tall tales, the male ego seems to come out with its evil companion, the Id, and unleash untold mayhem on the woman and maybe that "other guy". In all cases--both gender, there are reasons, good and bad; these infidelities do not come from nowhere. And there are always consequences, good and bad, that may lead the two lives along unexpected paths. Mainly, however, there is Karma and Getting Older; that tandem happens to all of us.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
An obvious question:

While some cheaters do open up and confess, why was it done in this case? Both Cody and Amy were supposedly so discreet that no one else knew of the affair, so there was little danger of it being exposed. The best that Amy and Cody could have hoped for was Cliff’s acceptance, while the downside was very negative. They just didn’t have any upside to gain, and a lot to lose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sad

I liked the writing and the story. I did not like the ending. The wife decided to be honest but was extremely naive and made a terrible mistake. The ending was depressing to me. Except for this one episode of aberrant behavior the wife had led an exemplary life with her husband. Now due to her cheating and decision to be honest and belief her husband loved her enough to accept it for a while her life is ruined. Really a downer.

anon.1

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
Johnadp

You said it costs at least $10,000 per child to rear one, but that’s really only for the first one; many of the expenses for the subsequent children are subsumed in the costs of the first. You can feed two or three children for little more than the costs of feeding one, at least when you feed them at home, and two children in one bedroom are no more expensive than one child in a bedroom. Children grow fast enough that hand-me-down clothing reduces some costs.

Additional children certainly cost more, but not to the extent you stated.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

"Now due to her cheating and decision to be honest and belief her husband loved her enough to accept it for a while her life is ruined."

That sounds awfully like blaming the husband for not enthusiastically applauding the wife's infidelity. She can't have loved her husband very much to have misjudged his reaction to her announcement that badly. I know the kind of response I'd get from my wife if I announced that I'd taken on a mistress, had been fucking her for months, and had no intention of stopping...

As it was, his reaction was actually very mild: there were no explosive arguments, he didn't get violent with her lover, or abusive with the wife. He just sunk into a depression that lasted for months while she continued being Cody's whore. The wife pushed the husband into a divorce when she got her slutty friend to sexually assault him when he was sleeping.

If the wife gave the slightest shit about the husband, she would have stopped the affair as soon as she saw what it was doing to him... but she carried on regardless. She even kept seeing Cody for a few months after the divorce. The wife could have stopped the affair at any time and tried to salvage her marriage, but spreading her legs for younger cock was more important to her than her husband's happiness.

The husband helped a divorcee raise her two young kids, but she never gave him any children of his own and rewarded his selflessness with infidelity! I have absolutely no sympathy for the selfish bitch, she deserved a miserable ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
future

Enjoyed your story in fact i have enjoyed both your stories i hope you will be posting more in the near future thanks for the time and effort you must have put into it

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@ReedRichards

True, once a man with children divorces a wife he should now tell her and the court each kid doesn't need $250-$300 a month ($3000-$3600 a year) in food, forget about taking them out for eating once in a while. Sports and sport gears, movies and entertainment now and again, gasoline for driving the kids to after school events, babysitting for the kids while the mom is working or having a night out now and again, all these things no more. The kids can do without that from now on. Also, forget hand downs, all the children should get their clothes and shoes from goodwill, heck they should go house to house to beg for some clothes and shoes, well food too. Their own bedrooms they had prior to the break-up, heck no, now they should all be in one room, better yet all in the living room.

The parents who made these kids, should take the financial hit after the divorce and not the children. Divorce is traumatic for the children and at the least the rest of their lives should be made as seamless as possible. If that means the father now cannot go to a bar as much, or even at all, so be it. If it means the father has to skip a meal now and then so be it. If he has to rent a room at the Y so his kids can have decent housing, so be it. You have kids, they should come first and bargaining down with their basics so that the father can live better is fucked up.

In divorces the parents, the adults, have already let the kids down with their selfish behavior of not putting the kids first and making it work. The least they can do is at least financially put the kids ahead of their needs.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you personally, but more shock into what should be important- the kids. They lose more in a divorce than the adults, financially, emotionally, feeling secure etc. A good father will give more than the courts deem necessary, not try to send his kids to hand me downs and scrimping.

I have some good examples of divorced parents and bad ones. One couple kept the same house for the kids, and each parent got a new apartment for themselves. So instead of the kids rotating from house to house each week in an unstable environment, the parents themselves would rotate each week into the old house and then go to their apartment in the off week. It was the man's idea who had the much better job, because he wanted the divorce to be the least hurtful for the kids.

Another couple, the husband gave well above what the court would have given in alimony and child support because he wanted his kids well taken care off. He was more generous than the courts would have given the ex and they didn't fight through the divorce. In both cases the husbands (they were my friends so I had their side) swallowed their male pride and made sure they never argued with the ex and were pleasant with her always, especially in front of the kids. One ex remarried and the kids called the new husband "dad" as well after a few years, and he accepted that. He and the ex have stayed friends and his current wife is friends with the ex wife as well. He has two new kids with the new wife and the older kids treat the new kids as siblings and everyone is very close. The kids from the divorce, one is a doctor now and the other is in business and makes even more than the doctor and both are still very close with their dad and see him very regularly. They divorced because obviously they weren't getting along and there were problems, both both the wives and husbands decided at least in divorce to be civil for the sake of the kids. So often in divorces, one or both, use the kids to hurt one another. Many of these BTB stories the husband uses the kids to hurt the ex. Pitiful little men they are.

That's what real men do after the breakdown of a marriage. They don't try to hurt the ex, they don't try to bargain down the money which only hurts the children, but do everything they can for the kids, including swallowing their male pride, going without themselves if need be, to make sure as much as possible to give their kids the best chance at a succesful life.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Conscience

I still come back to her conscience not allowing her to keep it secret (which she had been very successful at!), but her conscience had NO problem with her continuing the affair, even over her husband's objections!

SKHPSKHPalmost 6 years ago
To those who considered the story "too long"

Stories of this genre are written to show the deep emotions that are caused by cheating and deception, the hurt and loss of self respect a cheater's victim feels. That is why we (at least: I) read these LW cheater stories. It's about emotion - plain and simple - not about the adulterous sex and not about the divorce proceedings.

You can't show these feelings in a flash story.

5* - keep on sharing

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
@johnadp

Your comment to Reed where you assert; "That's what real men do after the breakdown of a marriage". with regards to supporting his children. You must have glossed over the fact that biologically those were her and her ex-husbands children. Yes Cliff agreed to marry her and support the children. They become adults at 18 which both of these children were when she started her affair.

The only reason I mention the above facts is not because I think Cliff should have abandoned the children but, it was her threat that if he didn't accept her adultery and divorced her that she would take him to the cleaners with alimony and college costs.

That threat showed what a selfish arrogant gold digger she was and that really she didn't have any respect for Cliff after he "rescued her when her first husband abandoned her and the children"

Cliff should have had a more complete discussion with his lawyer and then presented the "cold hard facts of life" to dear old Amy.

Like I mentioned before Cody was one slick scumbag and Amy was as dumb as a bag of rocks but, once Cliff made it known to her about his total devastation over her affair she should have thought that an outcome other than the one she and Cody talked about was a possibility (and that's what happened in this story).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It had potential

I enjoyed the set up. It had all the ingredients for a well thought out BTB story which I enjoy immensely. But considering the cuckholdry and mental anguish he went through. He stayed with her ,not only because he still loved her, but because of the financial beating he would take to be rid of her. I found he hesitation in suing for divorce and his willingness to accept her infidelity hard to grasp. It was frustrating to say the least and the crime did not fit the punishment. I love a well thought out BTB story and as I stated this story had potential, but this story showed that the main character was weak to the point of being passively effeminate. Somewhat disappointing. I gave it 3 stars

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
@johnadp

"the husbands swallowed their male pride and made sure they never argued with the ex and were pleasant with her always"

I think the circumstances surrounding the marriage breakdown play a huge part in the behaviour of the husband post-divorce. If the married couple decided they just don't love each other and want to go their separate ways, then the approach above is to be expected, but it's not reasonable to expect the husband to behave that way if he's been hurt really badly (and of course vice versa when the wife has been shit on by the husband).

There are all sorts of scenarios where asking the husband to "swallow his pride" and be civil to the ex-wife is too much to ask. Here's a few quick examples (but there's lots more!):

1) Tricking him into raising someone else's bastards.

2) The wife giving him an untreatable STD

3) Long-term physical or psychological abuse

4) The wife having an affair with his best friend

5) Or one of his family members.

6) Or one of hers!

Like everything, it's all about context. I agree that the parents should try to minimise the harm to the children, but if one spouse has behaved like a monster, i don't think the other should feel obligated to be civil towards them.

If you flip the genders, expecting a battered wife to be civil to her abusive ex-husband is just not reasonable.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@CaOldDog

You should look at my first post to this story. What I stated there is that in a lot of these LW stories on this site the wife goes off on how divorce will hurt the husband financially so he better not go that route.

My point was that in real life, even an average intelligence woman, would not threaten the financial impact of divorce on the man, as divorce hurts women much more financially. But these LW stories, which for some reason I've become addicted to on this site (came to this site originally for the BDSM stories), get the male/female dynamic backwards. The women cheat for the reason men typically do, and act like a typical males. The men say no way to a threesome with another woman when the wife offers it (I want to meet these virtuous men as I've never known any in real life that would turn down a threesome with a hot woman) and the husbands are angels on earth, while the wives are lustfilled sluts bringing up swinging and other lovers when everything is great in their marriages and households. I haven't seen the stats, but I would bet that a large majority of the time it is the husbands that bring up the idea of swinging into a marriage and the wives go along with it to please the husband. Even if you read the description for the cuckold stories, that LW shares, it's usually something along the line of "after a year I was able to finally convince my wife to cuckold me".

In real life a man would have much more basis to make threats regarding the financial impact of a divorce and not visa versa. Not only because women hurt more financially from a divorce, but typically financial security is much more important for a woman than a man. But in LW cheating wives stories, it's always the reverse about how a husband gets screwed in a divorce financially, while the wife is living fat on the hog on the alimony and child support he has to pay her. The reality is that a woman would be so afraid of the financial impact of a divorce that she would never threaten that to a man. A good friend of mine was a prosecutor and it really bothered him how many women stayed with abusive husbands, even ones that molested their children, because the financial impact that kicking the bastard out would have on the family. But not in the bizarro world that these cheating wives LW stories seem to occupy.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 6 years ago
@ JOHNADP

I've said not to the threesome, if it's done to make up for cheating. If the wife would have came and discussed it first before the months of cheating, she might have gotten away with. But after the fact....hell NO! fuck her and the horse she road in on.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
@johnadp

Fair enough argument but, my comments are only directed to this story and the resulting actions taken as told by this author.

Yes in real life many times the opposite of what we read here takes place but, I can only comment on this story with Cliff, Amy and Cody and the way they choose to act and react.

Redo1984Redo1984almost 6 years ago
Depends on what state you live in really.

Divorce. You can certainly get fucked over in some states. Getting half of the assets and ailmony is getting fucked by my standards, if the wife was a cheater.

In some states half your inheritance gets taken as well.

After losing her teaching position she can collect unemployment, have her ailmony, and have guys takes care of her food/entertainment by going on dates.

I think financially a woman has it easier, but emotionally men handle it better.

But the money thing sticks in our craw! If a guy cheats and he makes less, same thing can happen.

So? If your going to get a divorce from a cheater? Spend! Think of it as everything is half price! Your spending your half and her half!

🤘

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I've changed my mind

I think I would've worn out the blue pills and fucked her black and blue. Then i'd marked her everywhere I could. Ass fuck her where she could hardly sit. Let him have the sloppy seconds while I was looking for a replacement. Fuck her like the whore she was.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 6 years ago
Had to be interesting w/ all the comments

Decent plot and writing. I guess Cody had an Oedipus complex otherwise bazaar affair. last try for sexual excess on the part of the wife?. Consolation for hubby. Second wife 6-10 years younger. And for her second hubby 10+ years older. Would be typical

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Kids Education

The kids are at least in their early 20's, either through or very nearly through with college, can't be much remaining of school expenses.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@ Huedogg2

Funny, I forgot about the threesome situation she proposed in this story. I meant in other stories where the wife proposes a threesome with other women and the dude refuses and professes how wrong that is. That they made a marriage vow and that meant he should only fuck his wife. My girlfriend or wife brings home another woman she's getting fucked. In fact, that type of behavior has always been highly encouraged by me in the past with every woman I've dated. And some have brought other women home and it was very much appreciated, and further encouraged (yes I've always been a greedy bastard, both in business and my sex life).

I had my first threesome when I was 19 with two of my female coworkers in my female boss's jacuzzi after we had a company meeting. I didn't care as it was a part time job while I attended college, but it definitely gave me a taste of more can definitely be better now and again. These holier than thou men in some of these LW stories, with these virtuous men who would never possible fuck another woman, even if the wife offered the opportunity, makes me wonder if these men have absolutely no libido and that's why these wives cheat or the author simply wants to pound on the cheating woman giving her no possible reason that she would cheat as she is married to a fucking saint.

In this story I agree. I mean if the friend was attractive enough, I may have told Amy to get the fuck out of the room and fucked the friend. But I can also understand him being pissed and not wanting to fuck anyone. Going through what he did I'm sure he didn't want to be manipulated, didn't want Amy to feel like somehow they were even, and likely he couldn't get it up with any woman at that point.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
Threesomes

I’ve never had one,either way, MMF or MFF, and never had the opportunity, at least not of which I’m aware, but if I was in my twenties or thirties, and the opportunity arose, yeah,I’d have taken it. Later on, probably not.

One woman I knew, whose boyfriend was apparently marginal in bed, wanted to try a threesome, and she said that her response was, why would he want to piss off two women.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Realistic

Very good, I believe realistic story of cheating ruining a marriage. No satisfying, but over the top revenge, just a wronged man doing the best he can. I think Amy's physical health failed due to her remorse over her cheating. She lost her husband, and son, and when Cody was no longer forbidden, he lost his luster. Cliff, on the other hand, made the best of what he had, and lived a good life. It was a BTB in the classic sense, but a awfully gentle one. Cody was an anomaly. Supposedly, a hot young stud, he fell for a woman twice his age. One that wasn't that hot before her health failed. He got off much too easy, with just a job loss, and loss of reputation. For me, it's not even until the affair partner bleeds. Especially if he knows the cheater is married. Clinical, you are off to a great start, keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just barely a four.

It's all been done before. So no kudos for plot. But you did a creditable job right up until you stepped into that cowpie that is "alienation of affection". Do your research! It only exists in nine states and is barely usable there. So right there the game was over. Also the amount of spousal support he had to pay would only have increased after she lost her job. And the closing scene was overdone and unnecessary.

You can do better.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A job left unfinished...

I can see him taking his losses and dumping the stupid, thankless bitch but I CAN'T see him letting that arrogant asshole get off without a severe beating to adjust his attitude on the sanctity of another man's marriage and his outlook on living a long, healthy life. His smiling contempt while putting him down in front of his wife calls for high grade retribution. The Accountant husband has a long list of customers and certainly knows who he can contact to take care of the cocksucker.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@johnadp Re: "@ReedRichards"

While I liked your examples of fathers who went the extra mile to make it easier on the kids in the divorce, why did you have to throw in that ridiculous "swallow their male pride" line?

Why is "male pride" always used as some sort of a bad thing, and nobody ever refers to "female pride"?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Erotic Couplings?

I was thinking, that this could have made a good EC story!

Leave out the confession to hubby - she had successfully kept the affair hidden from him for months, wasn't going to stop, used it to improve their sex life, and planned on ending it sooner or later.

Have her telling it to a trusted friend after over, maybe many years later, probably wouldn't be much more than a flash, but could be fun.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Took

him long enough.

Has this ever really happened?

billtheduckbilltheduckalmost 6 years ago
good story

Has it's gaps and misfires but overall a worthy addition to the genre. Cliff is oddly passive much of the time, and there really isn't a credible rational offered for Amy's confession. Given that she coolly lied and cheated on him for months, we can eliminate guilt about lying as the real reason. So why did she unless she was tired of sneaking around and didnt care what he felt or how badly she humiliated him. (I do wish we could retire the ludicrous wife-who-thinks-announcing-her-infidelity-will-not-damage-the-marriage-or strengthen-it nonsense as a LW plot line. this fits squarely into the category of conversations that have never been held by anybody ever.)

I would have been interested in seeing the kids play a more active role in the story rather than remain offstage, mentioned only in a couple of throwaway lines. A confrontation along the lines of "Stop robbing the cradle and hurting dad or you'll never see or hear from us again and you'll never meet your grandchildren" might have concentrated Amy's mind on the real consequences of her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
One of the most realistic adultery stories in a long time. And the moral is, . . .

let cuckold dogs lie. If she had kept her mouth shut she might have gotten away with it.

The puzzling part of all such stories for me is, how could the wife's behavior, attitude, and loss of respect for her husband go unnoticed by the husband, for months? She's doing things with him sexually that she's never done before and he doesn't want to talk about it? Especially things she previously said were inappropriate, even disgusting? Sounds like just another shallow tepid distant marriage relationship, and they fail with some regularity. Its also puzzling how and why she became so selfish, cruel, and apparently ignorant of her husband's true nature. After 20 years of marriage she knew him so poorly?

Yes, realistic and depressing. He did what he had to do, finally. It was also an accurate reflection of his timid demure personality that he took no physical retribution against the predator. Makes you wonder if the wife would have cheated on a more vitriolic aggressive husband. She seems to have realized that short of pissing and moaning her husband would not get materially upset about her becoming a slut.

Thanks for the time and effort and sharing your story. And thanks for allowing anonymous comments. Many authors only want feedback they can respond to directly, so of course they only get feedback from people who like them, or people who like to piss them off. Its kind of a "club" thing. Thanks for taking on all comments and letting the chips fall where they may. That takes some skin.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1 star crappola

Crap0

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@SBrooks103x

Because the first time I heard his kids call the other man "dad" I kind of flinched and looked at my buddy to see his reaction. He obviously had known about it, but I saw a little reaction in him still, but very subtle. I doubt it was the first time he was aware of it.

You don't think it kind of affects the male ego a bit to hear your kids call another man, married to your ex, dad as well? Shit, it wasn't my kids and it bothered me, feeling for my buddy. I had known them since the kids were born and knew him when he was with his ex (I'm 10 years younger than my buddy but knew his family since I was a kid). BUT he didn't argue with his ex about it, he didn't make his kids feel like they were doing something wrong and made them feel guilty, and he went along with it. It made it easier for the kids as they were living with this other man and he was good to them.

You don't feel for a lot of men that would affect their male ego? Shit, a lot of men would have had a hard time shaking the new man's hand that married their ex and were now living with his kids. Like I said it affected my male ego and I was not even directly involved. Although I heard my buddy refer to the other guy "asshole" a couple of times in talks with me, but I think that was only to vent a little.

To me male ego is territorial and possessive. Now add to that he had taken the ex's virginity (they got married when she was 18 and he 20). So seeing her with another man affects your male ego, then she marries the other man (although she married the other man a month after he married his new wife), and then on top of that the other man lives with his two sons that he was extremely close to, and now the two new sons call the other man dad too. I don't think a lot of men could be friendly with the ex, sometimes hang out with the other man and his ex, do everything to make sure everyone gets along. The EX did as well. To their credit they both had their kids' welfare as most important. But my buddy is very much an alpha male type, very succesful in business, high energy type of man, so I give him a lot of credit on how he handled everything. And their kids benefited greatly from it.

I talked to the ex once and she said I got very lucky. I married two great men.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Doing Things That She's Never Done Before?

That's easy! Oprah, Cosmo, Internet, girlfriends. There are many ways that she could have had her eyes opened to the potential of things that she had previously rejected.

bruce22bruce22almost 6 years ago
Fine Story

Rather vivid with well defined protagonists. Truly a pleasure to read! My only doubt

was why she told him. She could have gotten away without him ever knowing. Guilt

was mentioned but confession requires atonement which was not her plan. Could it be she really expected him to roll over and accept the humiliation? Would his pain give her pleasure?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
amazed.

It's the comments that amaze me , we have become the monster of depravity and immorality.... He adopted her children on top of it, that's an added obligation and debt on her part...….There really has to be more to life than pandering to the whim of women..

cub4acougarcub4acougaralmost 6 years ago
the bitch deserved it

so glad that she is living in pain for what she put him thru

why do cheaters always think that they are entitled to have their cake and eat it too

good job and keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Bravo!

Cliff's perseverance was a bit much, but I suppose it heightened both the suspense and tension, so it served a literary purpose. WELL DONE. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE STORIES FROM YOU

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You must have done a good job

Because the comments are sane and responsive. Nice story. A little long before his taking action.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCinical@Cinical
668 Followers
I haven't listed my favorite authors yet, because there's so many I like and I don't want to leave any out.