All Comments on 'Mary and Alvin Ch. 17'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This must not be the end

This is to precious to end now so I really hope there is loads more to come. If nothing else I want to know if Angus got any more lobster or just got spoiled Garfield style.

A big fat 5!

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 5 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you so much for this love story. From the beginning it was lovely and blossomed from there. I’ll miss Mary and Alvin.

MelissaBabyMelissaBabyover 5 years agoAuthor
Their romance does not end here

I ought to have realized that readers might think that this concludes Mary and Alvin's story. But faithful readers will remember that Alvin still has promises to keep.

Thank you all for coming on the journey so far. Now, on to the honeymoon...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The Best

For me the number 1 story that I have read on this site!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful, Wonderful; yet again, Wonderful!

Magnificent characters, superb story, masterful writing, 5++, and stirring for this old heart.

My wife (of 51 years then; 61 now) and I stood on the summit of Cadillac Mountain once, and felt "Maine - the way it should be", to the fullest. MelissaBaby, after 16 grand chapters of broad and wonderful humanity, adds the scenes of these people - Alvin telling Danni that "he had come to bring [her] home"; Mary teaching Kaylee (the special needs child) the dance moves Mary had learned that week, after her dance classes; and Mary summing up their Wedding perfectly as "Baby, I think it's just a good day for love."

In 10 days, we journey to our granddaughter's wedding. She is the oldest of our 11 grandchildren, has, indeed, found the "right one", and we will likely experience again the "good day for love" that this superb tale has warmed our hearts up for. Thank you so much, MelissaBaby!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The Best

I have thoroughly loved this story. I hope it continues as there is so much more to cover e.g. Mary working on the financial part of the planned farm, a child for Mary and Alvin, helping Danni reconnect with her family are a few that come to mind. You have created characters who almost feel real. Thank you for this amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it

Loved the story! Thanks for your time and imagination. 5*

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
What an enjoyable ride

Hope you don't forget the poor miserable daughter who has trouble finding a man 'just like dad'. Perhaps Mary will need to share!

YouDidWhutYouDidWhutover 5 years ago

This is the reason I’m always lurking in the background. You, young lady, are a very talented and gifted author.

SnowDude41SnowDude41over 3 years ago

I have loved all the chapters of this lovely story but you outdid yourself with this one. I used up several tissues! I am looking forward to reading more. Thank you!

Comentarista82Comentarista829 months ago

Very cute overall, with several touching moments.

***

It felt breezy and fun taking the kids out to sail, to see the harbor and especially the seals. Great touch to employ Mary to steer Stanley to reconnect with Jennifer and to thus seal that breach--great idea to reconcile him with her! However, it made no sense for Mary to deny reuniting them: it would have felt quite appropriate for her to accept Alvin's praise and state, "he just needed a few reasons to understand he needed to."

***

I thought I'd read originally that the story listed Danni's surname as "Ortega" and/or that she was Spanish; turns out Ortega IS a Spanish name, originating in 1570 and it means either "nettle" and the meaning can be "daring one," which would fit Daniela well. Add to that she's Sephardic, and that is almost always Spanish-speaking...so listing her as Portuguese is an error: of all the most common Portuguese surnames, only "Orta" is the closest to "Ortega"--but in spelling only--as it refers to a garden or an irrigated place. So for Daniela to be Spanish and not know any of her language triples her alienation from both her family and especially her origins.

***

Adorable to even consider Angus, by including him through treating him to a lobster tail. Especially touching to remark about her falling in love with Alvin because of his personality and maturity.

***

Very good chapter overall. 4

GoldustwingGoldustwing13 days ago

This is such a wholesome chapter, I was especially moved by the anecdote from Danni when Alvin brought her ‘home’. Mary showed such strength of character to embrace Stanley and steer him to a reconciliation with Jennifer, I apologise for a comment I made about an earlier chapter when I accused Stanley of homophobia. Mel your a fine creative writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
899 Followers
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES