All Comments on 'A Viper's Nest Ch. 12'

by VioletOrchid85

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
David_BrockDavid_Brock11 months ago

Welcome back, excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Alright Alright Alright

Wolfknight6856Wolfknight685611 months ago

Great, you’re back I thought the story was abandoned

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Um didn't post my Matthew McConaughey salute. Welcome back. Alright Alright Alright lol

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid8511 months agoAuthor

Just to say that I’m still writing this story, it just takes time. Feel free to join my discord (available on my user profile), for more up-to-date info.

chipmonk9chipmonk911 months ago

This is a truly great series

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

wow nice to you back..... Been awhile.. please keep up the good work.............

firehorseukfirehorseuk11 months ago

Good to see you are carrying on with the story.

I would have liked to have seen an explanation as to why they didn't remotely control all the turrets from a combat room from within the bridge rather than having manually be next to or in the turrets to aim and fire them. It seems to put lives at risk for no additional benefit.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid8511 months agoAuthor

I got the idea from Battlestar Galactica. They have gunners inside the turrets, so I decided to roll with it. Plus if you like big aliens with muscles, the gunnery vipers fit the bill.

firehorseukfirehorseuk11 months ago

@VioletOrchid85 - Thanks for the reference and explanation.

I found a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUcrdlIjvsI which led to the comment "It makes sense with Galactica not being networked as a defense against Cylon hacking, but that is a lot of crew dangling out in danger!". So the reasoning for gunners in turrets was because as a defense against Cylons hacking the network. Not sure if its canon or not as that was just a comment under a YouTube video.

Another thread pointed out that the Millennium Falcon had manual turrets but I think that's probably because of space reasons as the Imperial Warships were never shown with people manning their turrets.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid8511 months agoAuthor

I also thought it was cool :P

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid859 months agoAuthor

Hello to all, just a quick comment to say that I'm pausing chapter 13 so I can edit chapters 1-10. Once done I'll start uploading each chapter to here and elsewhere again.

SlofredSlofred5 days ago

The pause to improve the story was a good move. I only found this due to the re-release of chapter 1 This is an amazing space opera and I am looking forward to the coming chapters. Thank you for sharing your talent. 5 stars for all chapters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVioletOrchid85@VioletOrchid85
273 Followers
I am a male author from the UK. My favourite genres are Fantasy and Science Fiction. Border Station Five is the rewrite/edit of what I have written so far of A Viper's Nest. The reading order for Border Station Five is Ch.01, Dear Diary, Ch.02. Going forward I will make su...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES