All Comments on 'Banquet Two'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 266 Comments
LarrynDallasLarrynDallas4 months ago

Well written as always. I would have preferred a different ending, but the author makes that choice and I respect his decision, even if I would have taken the story a different direction. I would have enjoyed a single sentence where Mel asked Will about Robert over dinner, and he simply smiled and said, "more wine"? And she knew, but never asked again.

ju8streadingju8streading4 months ago

he said he would die

jazzharpjazzharp4 months ago

I read Pg1 and 5. That's what I do with authors like you. It seemed graphically clear that Will would never accept infidelity on Mel's part (after Pg1 that is). Skip to Pg5 and it has all blown to hell. Maybe I will go back and read Pg2 - 4. But for now, I just need to express my dismay with you, and your character's lack of Character.

.

InfosaugerInfosauger4 months ago

I would like to know what happened to Robert.

Baldy74Baldy744 months ago

Disappointing ending! She really needed to know he followed through with his threat, even just a casual remark from him.

lovemesomephillylovemesomephilly4 months ago

Definitely a marriage that should have ended

demanderdemander4 months agoAuthor

So, I put part one in a minute before part two. But...... This can stand by itself, I guess. D

francemanfranceman4 months ago

Very divided on this story. I alternate between I like it, I don't like it.....I like it, I don't like it.

The woman, despite numerous warnings and reminders of the consequences of adultery, still chooses to betray her husband and family. And then all of a sudden, she's surprised at the consequences that come despite the warnings. Stupid.

The husband is a real weathervane. He changes his mind according to the wind. Quite frankly. He threatens and warns his wife, but then doesn't act.

Yet it's the abc: "never make threats you're not capable of carrying out."

On the other hand, by arranging to meet the neighbor, the wife has shown true sacrifice and redemption to save her marriage.

Now everyone knows the horrors of being unfaithful, and of not being each other's best lover.

Questions, doubts and insecurities are shared.

TajfaTajfa4 months ago

Re Demanders comment, is there a part 1? If so why? I thought this was a very good stand alone story but instead of hinting about Roberts demise it would have been good to hear a bit more about how he did it. 4 stars

CreeperclawCreeperclaw4 months ago

I mean, I guess it left off at an okay place. She was being seduced by a skilled seducer and her husband knew it and warned her what might happen, the first time nothing happened only cuz he was there but the next time when he wasn't she caved. Mel is just so manipulative and seems to put herself first.

1. She wanted to bang Robert but only didn't cuz she knew that her husband would know and divorce her. Not cuz it was wrong, just cuz she'd lose her marriage.

2. She didn't care if Will would bone that woman at the dinner as long as she could bone Robert without consequence, even though upon Will's reaction to the woman she felt jealousy.

3. She felt like things were fine between her husband and her as long as she boned him every time he felt bad about the fact that he suspected, which turned out to be true, that she wanted Robert sexually more than him. That shows that she doesn't value his emotions and doesn't want to actually help him, just make him shut up while she uses him as a living vibrator. She was even befuddled that he would complain about it considering the increase in sex he was getting, that she didn't understand the emorional reason for the upset really says something.

4. She succumbs to the seduction when Will isn't there and she's sure that he'll never know. Happily with tacit plans to repeat the experience.

5. After being caught and served divorce papers she demands counseling and insists that he's the unreasonable one.

6. She arranges with their counselor behind his back to uave another woman seduce him to soothe his hurt feelings. That's pure manipulation, I mean I'm glad he wasn't fooled but they didn't even address that she did it to trick him into forgiving her?

She claims to be reviled by thoughts of that night with Robert, now, but only after the consequences of doing so are already in motion. If Will hadn't have been as aware as he is and she got away with it, would she still feel bad or just keep doing it? Does this mean that he has to always keep watching her now? That can't be healthy for a marriage.

I think that he said that after a year they are on even keel, but I didn't read him saying that they were happy.

Also Will very much had a hand in Roberts disappearance, I would be surprised if Robert or maybe just a piece of him is somewhere around or underneath the cabin. That's the other cathartic piece of the story for me(besides Will revealing that he knew what Mel was doing with Linda) after all his deliberate cuckolding one of the husband's struck back in a big way, glad to know that he already said that Mel was worth it.

Now I wonder how much of Gloria and Gill's marriage is actually a happy and loving one?

Slick742Slick7424 months ago

Thanks D. Its been a while since I've seen a super gripping LW story on here. The only issue I had was that he kept accepting her say she wanted Robert. Maybe if he had took more damaging actions at that time this could have been preventive. HEY I love it... *****

phill1cphill1c4 months ago

see, you ruined it with the "disappearance"...there was no need for violence when they did all that work.

That said, there's NO WAY that the character you created would be accepting the attraction over that long-term a period. Really, the sex was nothing. It was the intimacy before it. The character was supposed to be strong, but, in two main ways he was weak:

1. Accepting a long-term infatuation. What guy is going to be like "i know you're hot for someone else but I'm still gonna fuck you..." nah, not happening. A strong person takes control of the infatuation and forces his/her partner to choose. And, really, a person who truly loves his/her partner is not maintaining any infatuation outside of their partnership.

2. Disappearing the lothario: the MC should have done No. 1, above. If he does No. 1, like a real man, there's no need for disappearning anyone.

And, really, it's always a given that these lotharios are easily disappeared, which seems fanciful.

woodwardwoodward4 months ago

Great story! 5

secretsalsecretsal4 months ago

Good tension buildup, but sort of deflated after the act. Feels like an effort was made to avoid going the usual LW tropes for reactions, but the alternative didn't really hit the right notes for me.

EightyThousandEightyFiveEightyThousandEightyFive4 months ago

Loved this one, but I’m an admitted sucker for reconciliation. I just feel like those are more mature stories. Cherry on top, though, is that you didn’t ignore the “erotic” in literotica.

AardieAardie4 months ago

The court mandated councilor allows one of the parties to be sexually assaulted right in her office? After that, it devolved into a RAAC. Is killing the guy enough to erase that you will always be second? She probably still imagines he is her favorite lover.

miket0422miket04224 months ago

Decent story. Ending kinda fizzled for me.

The reconciliation seemed forced and unrealistic.

gatorhermitgatorhermit4 months ago
I don’t like RAAC, but this one mostly works

Excellent character development in this story. I like the subtle way the author handled the perp - sometimes leaving details unwritten is powerful. I wonder if there is a backhoe in the garage at the cabin.

6King6King4 months ago

⭐⭐ Yeah, no. Too many inconsistencies.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban4 months ago

Great story! 5/5 BRB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It just dragged on and on and became very boring.

deependerdeepender4 months ago

Different. It seemed to slide in between tropes. Strong characters (which is always appreciated).

mndhanson017mndhanson0174 months ago

Forced reconciliation using sex with Linda to only feel better about herself, just no, I'm pretty sure that I have seen this story before and the fact that she set him up only shows how vindictive that she is. He was better off going through the divorce because she will continue to cheat and set him up to rationalize it or worse, set him up, when she's done with him and divorce for adultery herself.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu4 months ago

It was going great until it became a high-school-dork's fantasy in the middle part onwards.

/

Dang @demander I really can't make up my mind whether to like you or not. But I have no doubt ur a talented writer. It's just your stories most of them I don't like.

JanxSpiritJanxSpirit4 months ago

That law firm is bad at law.

Macan84Macan844 months ago

Really liked this story. A nice touch was how the kids were more rounded characters here, with their POVs on their parents' marriage, than in most LW stories, where they tend to be ciphers or collateral damage. The title puzzled me initially. I liked Gloria and her cuck husband, as a foreshadow of things to come if Will conceded to Mel. Finally, the end was much better than most reconciliations. The author is clear about who Mel is, in the moment: "It occurred to her that Robert's cock was quite a bit bigger than she was used to, and that, if she was to make a regular thing of fucking him, she'd get used to it.

That thought brought her up short. There would be no regular thing. Well, not if she could save the marriage. If not? It wouldn't be a bad consolation prize."

Yes...later she was all boohoohoo with the kids and all. But in the moment she was happy to toss her husband, children and years of marriage. Trust is clearly gone completely...and there is, I think, an implicit threat in Robert's disappearance: "Will....? Will was ever watchful. Ever watchful. And Mel knew it."

I like this ending as it logically follows from the decisions made by the 3 main characters. BOTH Mel and Robert had fair warning how things would go if they did what they did. A reconciliation from hell.

TwentysevenTwentyseven4 months ago

This notion that there is one person out there who can rock your world like no other is pure fantasy and I get annoyed with stories which are based on it. Still, I like your no nonsense style so I enjoyed it despite myself.

ReadyOneReadyOne4 months ago

I don't see how Will could ever get past her and Robert, unless she quit the firm immediately after the swap proposal. He's in 3rd place, at best.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I was poised to post here my congratulations to the author on a return to form after a couple of duds but then came that awful, awful scene in the counsellor's office where the couple were swearing like a pair of unruly teenagers, the counsellor was revealed to have plotted and schemed with the wife to get another woman to seduce the husband and the couple then proceeded to have an impromptu sexual coupling there in the office while the counsellor simply sat and watched and what do know? Another dud was born. I think I've finally had it with demander. JR

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

great build, weak ending.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode664 months ago

This story was too long. The RAAC was bad, as was the disappearance of Robert. Still I gave 4 stars

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat4 months ago

Will should kept the divorce going. He’ll never trust her nor should he, and she remains unremorseful. I did like the unexplained disappearance of Robert. 3*

Rocky62Rocky624 months ago

Good read, cant even dislike wifey for falling to lust, at least they brought hubby a hardbody dancer to bone, very thoughtful i thought. Buut, wifey could have at least sucked off the breakfast cook, she did it for the missing DB Robert…. Shape up wifey

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now4 months ago

> No one ever asked Will anything about it.

Well, Mel kinda/sorta asked - but, I don't think she really wanted to get an answer. :)

Great read - thank you!

FireFox59FireFox594 months ago

Will isn't even 2nd in Mel's life. Richard is 1st. Her law firm is 2nd. The kids are 3rd and 4th. So maybe, just maybe, Will is 5th. And he could drop further depending on how many hot, young studs are wandering the halls of her law firm. Will has an outside shot at not even being in the top 10. Divorce her and cut your losses.

mainer42mainer424 months ago

good story great read

snarbozsnarboz4 months ago

Grear story. Hope it's a deep lake

Lifestyle66Lifestyle664 months ago

Overall, it's a good story, but there are a few issues.

First, she works at a law firm, and they would have tread lightly on any suggestion she would be fired for refusing to agree to that assignment, given she could sue for sexual harassment.

Second, if she knew Robert was going to suggest that first swap, she would/should have addressed the possibility with her husband prior to the party to know how he was going to react, then handled it accordingly to stop her husband's negative reaction afterwards.

Third, with the ending inconclusive about Robert, you left that as a gap, and disappointingly turned it into a "burn the bastard" story.

4.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

Nothing inconclusive about Robert's demise in the story I read. Little turds throughout the story points right to what was going to happen and did, LS needs to reread it. One of my favorites of your more recent posts! 4.7*

BehindbluisBehindbluis4 months ago

Another great read. I've always heard that if you plant and endangered plant over a dead body, no one will dig in that spot to look because of the endangered plant. Lime works real good for dissolving bodies right down to the teeth.

Orion623Orion6234 months ago

With the exception of the sexual antics in the counselor's office which were beyond credulity the story was interesting and well written. I would have liked to read more about Robert's disappearance but. it wasn't absolutely necessary to end the tale. 4*

shopratshoprat4 months ago

Those of you that think it's unclear Will killed Robert need to read closer. The 2 trips to Pittsburgh to "observe" would have no other purpose, and the author makes it a point to show that Will had plenty of time the weekend when Robert finally disappeared to do the job. It's crystal clear that the author meant for us to know Will did it, and that he did the deed personally. I thought it was one of the authors better stories. I do think the author does too many of these stories where the the wife knows she's out of control and risking her marriage, and she lass and risks divorce anyway. But this is one of the better ones of that ilk.

flatcar44flatcar444 months ago

She fucked Robert instead of watching her daughter graduate high school. How was that not mentioned?

Just_WordsJust_Words4 months ago

Hard to imagine him taking her back after all those warnings. Plus, I'd love to know how he eliminated Robert.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit4 months ago

This might be the best you’ve posted to Lit to date. There isn’t a smoking gun, but lots of coincidence. Robert must have had a lousy reputation with the Pittsburgh police. Having interviewed Gloria’s cuck, they’d likely question Gloria - who might have known he’d screwed Mel, but definitely knew he’d chased her. Gloria would have told the cops about that. If they didn’t investigate Will, they probably realized the list of jilted husbands might be long… and he got what was coming to him.

jazzharpjazzharp4 months ago

Liked it much more than I expected. I believe Mel's love of her husband, and her révulsion when reminded of her big failure. Believable reconciliation. Linda and sex in front of Mary were over the top; but this was an enjoyable read ultimately.

JensensloverJensenslover4 months ago

Long winded BORING drivel, no part one? not really needed anyway.

Pappy7Pappy74 months ago

Writing was fairly easy to follow. You put a story together pretty good. But, the Will at the first of the story wasn't even related to the Will at the end. There is nothing about this woman that is redeemable. The first time she waltzed into the house dripping over a man not her husband and one she had been repeatedly warned against, she should have been out of there.

TrustingagainTrustingagain4 months ago

Something is wrong your MC didn’t hold true to himself and there wasn’t an explanation. Yes, he took care of Robert but he should take care of the cheating wife as well by finishing the divorce as well.

Bri29Bri294 months ago

Demander always writes a good story even if I don’t agree with outcome .Mel happily gave in to Roberts seduction and was described she enjoyed and participated vigorously ,and felt no guilt what so ever afterwards.Will taking her back sorta left a bad taste and didn’t fit his character from earlier part of story.

c24jc24j4 months ago

Normally I'm with a reconciliation . . . but Mel simply lacked the strength to be worthy of staying married to. Well written for the most part, but I had a difficult time with this. It would have been much more exciting if she gained the strength . . . maybe even hurt Robert herself . . . or resigned from her work, if if there were serious ramifications, before anything happened.

Unfortunately, killing Robert doesn't negate his win.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

A real screwed up mess! Maybe they will survive.

5

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer4 months ago

Will was both a coward and pathetic. Painted as being quite intelligent, he was obviously also a moron. After going through the trials of the Court cases, it came down to his slut wife who had been emotionally cheating for many months, having a "thank you" dinner with the people involved. So why didn't Dumbo Will have a PI observing what was happening? Particularly for the last night, if not the last week.

Then the whole thing with the sexy neighbour. Rubbish. He knew his slut wife was behind it but allowed her to manipulate the situation, like some weak-arsed puppy. Why didn't HE go out and organise either some high class escort or two or three, over a period of weeks. Or meet up with some fans of his books and pick one himself!

The whole "revenge" part was as subtle as a brick. Of course a writer who dabbles in murders etc will have a few ideas. So at least at the end, the readers should have been informed of what he did. Personally, I doubt he had the balls to do it: big talk but actions of a coward.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy594 months ago

Damned fine story. Balanced, good character development, steady pacing. Well earned five stars. I loved the characters and plot line.

All the best,

Dave

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Demander's characters not infrequently become somehow sexually involved with their marriage counselor. Have come to see that it is emblematic of the fact none of his characters have moral standards they are unwilling to abandon for the sake of lust. When push comes to shove, nothing matters more in demander's universe than rutting. What noble creatures he believes us to be.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The last four paragraphs redeemed the story…else it was going downhill!!! Thank god!

Rayjag1980Rayjag19804 months ago

I would have given 5* but last part wasn't believable. She sets him up with neighbor and all is well? To much of a cliche.

Also an explanation of what he did to Robert would have helped.

bobareenobobareeno4 months ago

The sex in the therapist’s office was a tad over the top, though it served a purpose. Nevertheless, all in all, this was 5 stars. Thanks, demander. I’d ask for more, but I’m no demander.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5* of course.

I truely like the author's incredibly laconic writing style. Still, I was quite disappointed because of the plot development after her cheating with Robert. Clearly, the MC's heartbreak was not and shouldn't have been mainly about the sex, and of course shouldn't have been resolved through sex at all. I understand this is a sex story site, but still, the build up of this story was quite captivating, and then the whole thing petered out somehow into a cheap, typical LW plot.

The author chose to avoid a more earnest follow up by means of a kind of humorous turn with Mel asking the neighbour to fuck her man into the world of the living again. Nice and silly and all, but, as I said, the story took a down turn while becoming more and more about sex instead of about weakness, disrespect, humiliation, and total loss of trust - his in her, and her in herself. I had hoped for more.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I feel you took the easy way out. You created Will and had both characters acknowledge he would not tolerate the cheating. You shifted focus to his issues about the fantastic sex she had, yet, by your own description, that she did it would have been the issue. You fundamentally changed your protagonist. That is too bad because it changed an interesting dramatic. story to a huge cliche, lazy writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very unsatisfying end. Needed more than just supposition.

Harryin VAHarryin VA4 months ago

Before anybody else says it no this is not about the male ego. The husband and wife that seemingly had a strong relationship is changed because the wife goes into heat over another guy.

.

One spouse when confronted with the problem has a rational adult conversation without screaming or throwing things or threatening to take the kids away or any other typical boilerplate loving wise reaction. Yet the conversation between the spouses was very powerful saying a lot with not a lot of words.

.

The problem the wife is that even when she tries to say that her husband is still number one.

The very act that she spends all this extra time. Having sex with him is an inoccasion that he's not number one. in other words, she's not having extra sex with him because she wants to. Period she's doing it because she's you're thinking about robert or because she's feeling guilty. But that's not love

.

THE ONE BAD THING.... The marriage therapist and the wife engage in a conspiracy that admittedly is a desperate attempt to save the marriage. But For the marriage counselor to manipulate the situation and engage in this kind of conspilucy with the wife is really quite unethical and arguably down right evil.

I would have to say that this is the author's Best story or one of his best. It's pretty complicated but well written and much of it actually is kind of believable.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Overall, I liked it more than I didn't like it, and agree with many of the comments posted. To me, the disrespect of having the case wrap up, but skipping the daughter's graduation was extreme. WTF missing your kid's graduation when you didn't have to.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c14 months ago

Was good until the counseling then absurd. Could never trust her again. He was right in her always thinking about robert during sex.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The story started out fairly decent with good potential. Unfortunately, the writer quickly dispatched, dismembered, and buried said potential under an excessive amount of word vomit. By the end, I was skimming as it simply fell off until it wasn't worth reading. I ended up going with a 2, but it's was a hard decision between that and a 1.

-

One of the tipping points in the story was when this brilliant and in demand lawyer didn't have the wherewithal to file a sexual harassment complaint against the ABCs.

nickbgbnickbgb4 months ago

Yeah… as well written as it is there are a few too many inconsistencies, plot holes or issues with the story for me.

><><><

I struggle to see how revenge sex can lead to a reconciliation, particularly with how Will was manipulated. His wife maintained control over his sex with the neighbour, even if it galled her. For it to have appreciable value there needs to be a shift in the power dynamic

><><><

Away cheating instead of at her daughter’s high school graduation? How is that glossed over so easily?

><><><

How long did it take Mel to actually attempt a sincere apology? That says a lot in itself. As does the fact that she was already considering Robert as a consolation. Ultimately, it’s the entitlement and continued manipulation which makes reconciliation a hard sell here. * * *

TeggeTegge4 months ago

I'd like to hear where and how Wil buried his daemon! The counseling was where you settled for less, after a well thought-out tale. 5*

mathur_nkmathur_nk4 months ago
He must have told Mel his promise of Robert getting disappeared got fulfilled may be other way.

Whether he did it or not, he must have told Mel his promise of Robert getting disappeared got fulfilled may be other way. his wife must know he is no nonsense person and his threat of her suiters getting disappeared is real

lover1953lover19534 months ago

Dialogue was...off, somehow. Not sure how to describe it. Even though the setting was the U.S. it seemed that the characters dialogue was more suited to the UK. But that's minor. Needs a bit more editing to make it better

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

I started thinking 4*. I was then convinced it was a 3*.

But all came together very nicely at the end so it's a 5*.

Regguy69Regguy694 months ago

She gave in to her own desires and forever assigned him to second place. In that situation, many wives would try to fuck their spouse into submission (or at least acceptance) and then carry on with their marriage. Will wouldn't play along so she got her neighbor to subdue him and nearly lost him to her. Even if he offed Robert, he will still never measure up to his memory, why accept that?

Hooked1957Hooked19574 months ago

The editing problems didn't distract me too badly from what I thought was a very good effort. I especially liked the subtlety of the ending. You left the door open but weren't heavy-handed about it. A five-star effort.

Hooked

tizwickytizwicky4 months ago

Great writing is very entertaining, a five-star effort. We also learned that you could get away with murder if you don't talk about it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Story held my attention until the end. Only a whispered wimper.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If they stay together under no circumstance should he remain faithful.

DearfieldDearfield4 months ago

I enjoyed it right until the end, needed a little more of Robert’s disappearance. Gave it a 4 star.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So hilarious and illogical. Also the MC is a home cook and servant for all of them. The wife is just a Hoe and Bitch. Rather living a life like this, it's better to separate. He is still a looker and keeper for another Hoe.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"So much so, that she was willing to let Will screw Gina." - Whoopee! Maybe Will doesn't want to screw Gina, certainly not at the cost of his wife screwing Robert.

~~~

Re: Part one - yeah, the title says "Banquet - Two," but otherwise, no indication of a multi-part story, no recap, nothing.

~~~

"She knew well that Robert's claim was accurate." -How can she KNOW? Because Gloria, who works for Robert said so? What's great for one woman might not be great for another, assuming that Gloria's telling the truth. And even if it IS wonderful, what's it worth if it costs her her marriage?

~~~

"Robert's bringing a woman who's a professional dancer. I know how you like to dance." - Why should Will care about Robert's date? I mean, WE know, but Will has to wonder.

~~~

Will may not be "completely famous," but he's pretty damn successful if he's out-earning a high-powered attorney.

~~~

"Robert swept Mel out onto the floor." - He didn't ask Will first? That's rude.

~~~

"She knew she was in big trouble." - Because Robert was obviously pretty sure of her answer, and the only way he could think that was if she had led him on.

~~~

"Mel made a nice lasagna for Sunday dinner," - Sheesh, lasagna again!

~~~

"Makes me feel like second best." -He's hardly second best if she drops the other guy to avoid losing him.

~~~

"It could mean my job if I decline." - If they fire her, they STILL won't have her on the case and will have lost a valuable employee.

~~~

"But...the small touches, the slyly suggestive comments." - THAT'S where she should be shutting him down! The next "small touch" or "suggestive comment" and she withdraws from the case.

~~~

"I admit it's becoming a risk." - Then back off! If she can't drop the case, then refuse to meet with him alone, and I don't mean with Gloria!

~~~

"So you both know what's at stake." - So, if she won't stop it for their marriage, if she won't stop it for Will, stop it for Robert!

~~~

"(There could be more. I'm resisting.)" - Is this an editorial note? It doesn't seem to fit the narrative.

~~~

"Robert followed her and closed the door behind him." - She should open it.

~~~

"Will was unsure if he could continue the marriage." - Even if there's no further incident?!

~~~

Will works from home. Why not take his laptop to Pittsburgh? Join them at dinner!

~~~

I'm FAR from a legal expert, but I find it hard to believe that the bar would punish her for withdrawing from the case. If it's a hardship for the firm, it's their own fault for insisting that she take the case in the first place.

~~~

"When we win this case, I'm going to take you to my place and make you sooo happy!" - That's where she has to haul off and slug him, tell him it's NOT going to happen, and mean it.

~~~

"Each time she considered it, she got sick to her stomach" - So much for the "consolation prize?"

~~~

"It was only one night" - The one night was just the culmination of everything since the banquet.

~~~

"A marriage isn't all about the sex." - No, but it's also about faithfulness, and she failed there, big time.

~~~

"What the fuck, Mel? I mean Jesus." - What's Abe so shocked about? She told him the risk to her marriage and he made her go anyway.

~~~

"A weak moment." - It wasn't a "weak moment." She's wanted it since before the banquet, and has been working towards it ever since.

~~~

"Now I don't even want him." - So give him the divorce. Once she's free she might be able to find someone, right now she's still clinging to her hopes.

~~~

"Will, it does show how much Mel wants to get past what happened." - Of course she wants to get past it, she fucked up! Would she be so eager to get past it if she hadn't fucked Robert?

~~~

There's no way they're gonna fuck in front of the counselor, and no way the counselor would let them.

~~~

@Infosauger Re: Robert - Use your imagination. What do you think all those trips to Pittsburgh were for?

~~~

@Creeperclaw, Ooh, good point about the cabin! He bought it so that nobody might "dig" around, and maybe find something about Robert's disappearance.

~~~

Not happy with the reconciliation.

silentsoundsilentsound4 months ago

Nah. No one to like here at all.

Nice attempt but I'm not buying.

Everything seems too over the top in certain areas of actions and too blunted when it comes to emotions and repercussions.

Mel just wasn't a desirable wife at all and only a simp would want anything to do with her for more than a f toy once in a while.

There was no satisfying power balance where Will took back the reigns in his life and relegated Mel like she so richly earned.

Too bad, this was a good plot that was fairly well executed otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It was okay, but the husband is weak as shit. Someone floats A little pussy under his nose and everything is fine. After the build up, I can't believe the MC took her back. Who could ever trust that slag. The end could have been better, building up coincidences in the predator's death and the end of his new book. Maybe even have her receive A package with his cock and balls in it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A good story, fairly well told until the RAAC at the end. But a man filled with so much suppressed rage that he kills his rival seems an unlikely candidate for continuing in a marriage where he feels second best. Just couldn't help but feel the ending was an unrealistic failure.

Gmann006Gmann0064 months ago

thats what should happen to every piece of shit man that chases other mens women and it should be legal, good story would have like to hear how he did though

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Got to say this is one of the best new Lit stories in a VERY long time. Please keep up the good work.

anon.1

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon4 months ago

Dear God, you're one of the worst writers on this site and getting worse with every incoherent shitpile you post.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

As an attorney, she would have violated professional ethics during all Robert's attempts if she had given in. Possible punishment by the Bar. Even when they had their night in Pittsburgh, it was not clear if her representation had ended. Just a thought.

By the way, because the story dragged some, I rate it four stars, not five.

JPB

JasonDuncanJasonDuncan4 months ago

First four pages were great.

Last was fucking awful. Did he get hit with a Coward Ray?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Regarding Demander's comment about this being part 1. Please post part 2 and I will read it although I think this story had a beginning and end. Also, it had character development and thoughtfulness.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I think the story was fine, but a bit dull. You’ve written better stories. Some of your stories feels like watching the Titanic going inexorably towards the fated iceberg, but this felt more like seeing a car in neutral slowly rolling to the curb.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

“Then she said, "I'm saying this once, and then not again. I made a very big, stupid mistake. A weak moment. “

.

It was not a “mistake”. It was a long desired obsession on her part — an obsession that she admitted to both her husband AND herself that she wanted BAD. About the only thing not premeditated was the specific time and date for her betrayal.

.

When Will immediately started divorce proceedings, I cheered. When he told the kids right away what he was doing, and why, I cheered louder. Then she decided to fight it. Boo!!!

.

At this point the plot got a bit stupid. Hot neighbor comes on to him….and he succumbs. Why? Then we learn that hot neighbor was actually “hired” by the slut because she figured if Will got into fucking again, he would want to fuck HER again 😎. And lo and behold….good ole Will decided to fuck the slut again…at a counseling session IN FRONT OF THE COUNSELOR 😱. Just no…..

.

So now that Will is fucking the slut again, they “reconnect”. And what do you know? The slut’s boyfriend disappeared! So readers are invited to assume that a) Will had something to do with it, and b) that taking care of the seducer “eased his pain” or something.

.

Yes…Robert was a sleaze and obvious seducer…but slut WANTED to be seduced…and CHOSE to do it….despite multiple warnings from Will.

.

One of this author’s better stories…but ending it with a RAAC that made no sense dragged it down at the end.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

oh perfect. Now the wife knows she can get away with cheating on her husband. I give another couple of years before cucky will gets cheated on again and spends a few months whining before taking her back again. So dumb

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

Eh it was ok but u made the Mc too dumb to care about.

"As he walked back into the house, he assessed the odds on her faithfulness as 50/50 at best.". yeah no sorry thats just wrong its was 60/40 while she was home being away more like a 80/20. Lol 50/50 I don't think anyone is going to believe that at that point of the story

MbgdallasMbgdallas4 months ago

ROFLMBFAO. People’s comments are just ridiculous. Do people not understand human nature and actual actions?

She was weak, being seduced, and fell. That does not make her a bad person. It does not mean that her family and husband are not the most important thing. It does not mean she doesn’t love them. It doesn’t mean that she’s selfish. She fell. It wasn’t premeditated. She went thinking she could control it and she couldn’t. The problem was putting herself in the place of temptation. That’s why people should avoid temptation. That’s why in AA they can’t have any alcohol or go to bars.

She was surprised at some of her own thoughts and when she woke up when she got home the reality hit her lick a Mack truck. That does not make her a bad person. He was hurt and wanted to take it out on her. It did it in very subtle ways. When he was finally done with his revenge he realized how much he still loved her and decided to quit punishing himself. That is how reconciliation happens.

The only problem I have with her is not resigning immediately. She told them what was going on and they did nothing to support her. To help her. That makes them disgusting in my book. She let her firm off the hook.

Sex outside marriage is always better because of the newness and taboo of it but that doesn’t diminish from the marital sex.

Excellent story and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Mike_0691Mike_06914 months ago

So Sherrie asks, the reason you missed my graduation was so you could screw your client? Guess where she rates, but Sherrie didn't seem annoyed at all?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You're just like Matt Moreau.

Maybe you are him with a new pen name.

You always fuck up a good plot, just like he did.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

demander - about 10 hours ago - Author

"So, I put part one in a minute before part two. But...... This can stand by itself, I guess. D"

Okay, turns out I liked this better than I thought I would. It misses the 5☆ mark for me though, here's why.

Will comes across as two slightly different people. From the beginning of the story through the point of Mel's betrayal of him is one guy, then there's a different one who comes to light in the summer with the start of the counseling sessions. It seems that Will loses a bit of his edge, like a knife has been dulled through misuse. Perhaps that's entirely understandable. If what Mel did to him after all of his warnings had happened to me, I would have changed too I suppose.

The other thing some people have already touched on. The ending seems a bit weak. I would like to have more information about Robert the Rat Bastard. I think I have a way for you to do so if you're up for the telling.

Part III - Banquet: The Book

By William Baker (or by a new pseudonym)

This "fictional" story could be Will's way of telling how things went down between himself and Robert. He could reveal to his audience (in Loving Wives) how he made good on his promise to Robert for seducing Mel. Will's revenge only works if Robert is aware of who, what, and why things are happening to him before he dies. Alternatively, I envision a scenario where Robert doesn't die. He just genuinely wishes that he did. Think “Oubliette,” a French term derived from “Oublier” which translates to “to forget”. This would solidify Will as being the unmoving force which is what he starts out as when the story began.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent story from an excellent author. I enjoyed reading it and with his revenge fucking, it kind of evened out. A solid 5.

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

Bad family the person that cooks does not do the cleaning spoiled ass kids

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

Things went like that for weeks. Mel's lawyer answered the complaint and asked for counselling. Burt the answer did not deny the facts.

That doesn't make sense ok sorry ill stop now lol

WargamerWargamer4 months ago

I liked it. Though l think he should’ve divorced her and then if he wished moved her back in, just not as his wife. Every couple of months kick her back to her place for a week or two so she has no de facto claim on him. Her punishment is she has him but doesn’t really have him at all.

4/5

WargamerWargamer4 months ago

Publish Part 2 please and let us see how your story concluded in your eyes. There was obviously more in your mind to see.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous