All Comments on 'Separation and Anxiety'

by TCct

Sort by:
  • 191 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

Great point of view. Basically the wife wanted a separation to have sex with another with a clear conscience. The husband said no. So they divorced. End of story. And marriage. And this comment.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
TO STAY A WINNER

one must keep on their own research. TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Great Story

Great because it is the way marriage really is. Marriage is hard. For two people to behave themselves for 30-50 years is almost impossible. It takes both of them working at the same goal to make it that long. While men may be more prone to cheating, I have found women are more prone to becoming "dissatisfied" with their marriage after the children have grown. They often see little use for their husbands. Once they needed them to provide sperm, legitimacy and support for them. As they age, they seem to see their husbands as horny old men that simply annoy them. Wherever I go: work, socializing, even in church, women are there complaining to anyone that will listen about their husbands. The good looking ones get a lot of men listening to their woes while they are checking out the goods. The ending is dead on, it is better to be alone than with someone who is a bad or lazy partner. As far as the kids go, sadly they have their own agendas that may blind them to the truth. That is why evidence is useful to win in the court of public opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent

Comment Title says it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Mid life crisis

Wife had a mid life crisis. To boost ego, feelings of attractive, and self worth, the wife in this story seeks the attention of other men. It is an addicting high, and hard to break. Most people that go through it and once the excitement is over, it is not what they thought. The story is realistic.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

Five stars. Love Sugna's comment.

RePhilRePhilover 9 years ago
Good story well written

The wife's direct dialog was substancial and pivitol in the predivorce part of the story and was sorly missed in the post divorce. Enjoyed the story very much and look forward to your next story. Thanks

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
A dose of reality.

Usually in these stories, the husband marries the wife's sister or the divorce lawyer and she is much younger and has bigger tits. The wife realizes she made a mistake and begs her ex to take her back. Real life doesn't work that way. Her actions hurt them both. There's no pretty way around it.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
Painful but realistic.

A well done piece. You packed a lot into such a short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good story but there should have been

payback for good old Dan! he should have met some pain!!

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Really, really

liked this one. I have added TCct to my list of authors whose previous stories I want to read in the future. Keep writing! One confusion for me: If Sarah really was "fighting" to save her marriage, why did she send John a photo of her sucking Dan's cock?

kakashi524kakashi524over 9 years ago
Loved it

5.- Enough said.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 9 years ago
BTB

This is the kind of burn the bitch story I like. How did he burn the bitch, he took himself away from her. Realizing your own value is the true way to burn the bitch. Is he going to be happy in the future? More than if he had stayed with her. Reconciliation requires acceptance of an unacceptable act, as a psychologist I would never suggest you do that. He left her after she burned the bridge it is not his job as husband to repair the non repairable. He left her to her own devices and she managed to make someone else miserable. And what of Dan? Discarded by the wayside like so much garbage. *****

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
Zzzzzzzzzzz

This story's plot was: wife cheats, husband files for divorce. That's it. That's the entire story. I'm sorry, but how on earth is that a story? And why was it posted to an erotic website?

Was there some sort of point or lesson to be learned? And why was it placed in this category? Is this supposed to be extra-marital "fun?" Or is this one of those "and more" stories?

These stories about marital strife are so incredibly, mind-numbingly BORING, and yet it seems a lot of people enjoy them. I don't get it.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
I liked it....

I liked this story, as I like some cuckold stories...The cuckold stories that I like there are 3 things that must be always present: 1st - Love; 2nd - Respect and 3rd - agreement of both to play the cuckold game. In this story, all this 3 things weren't present, so the husband took the only decision possible. Luck for the lover he didn't take action against him too...

lostindesireslostindesiresover 9 years ago
No dice

I have to say that having recently gone through the EXACT same predicament of my wife seeking emotional refuge in another man, I think your response was absolutely self centered and misguided. Instead of looking for the bigger picture, (ie: I had been emotionally unavailable to my wife for years, causing her to look elsewhere for comfort,) you decided to throw her away like yesterday's trash. She seemed to desire strongly to work out the problems between you, but you acted in cruelty. I suggest that you were the one who drove her away.

In contrast, I chose to LISTEN to my wife's heart and identify with what she was going through, and work on my own shortcomings, becoming more emotionally available to her. We became more open and brutally honest with one another, and as a result are still happily married, monogamous and closer than we have ever been.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Gnome92Gnome92over 9 years ago
Respect and confiding

If for two years i had tried to heal a marriage and the other partner did nothing and refused to talk or communicate, well I may have checked out of loving them long before they asked for a separation, I can love someone, but after 20 years of loving them, even less, i would expect that love back in kind

Confiding in someone else and planning to separate from your/my/ their current partner to explore a relationship with them, it hurts, just leave and get out, I have seen people ask for a separation and 6 months later serve divorce papers while 2 days before be willing to return to their partner. She later told the wrong person she never planned to return to him. Well he is still a mess thanks to those 6 months of hope, he hurts cause he can't trust hope not love.

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Not the smoothest read

But gripping and has great realism.

5* - thx!

ProveitallnightProveitallnightover 9 years ago
Very realistic slice of life

Interesting slice of life surrounding two seemingly good people who married young.

I think many long term couples have been there. The key to survival is to confront the emotional affair before the physical. This goes for both men and woman. While the physical affair is deemed my many, including myself, to be unforgivable, in truth it is the emotional attachment that kills the relationship.

I think in the same situation I would have done the same thing as John with the only alternative being to confront Dan and his wife. The she could decide to work it out or move on. That said by then it may still have been too late

That said enjoyed the story a great deal and gave it 5 stars. Usually the 1 pages don't contain enough to tell a complete tale, I liked the day in the life approach.

Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5 big stars from me

John dealt with the situation the same way I would, even after 40 years of marriage to my HS sweetheart and soul mate.

Should she have ever left me, emotionally only even, for another man, she'd better run for the door because otherwise she's going to bounce down the street with my foot propelling her the entire way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Essentially,

a one scene story without much background. We only have his word that in fact he tried for two years to fix things. I do not know if we really needed to know more about Dan, but maybe it would have helped us understand why she was so stupid in turning to him and not her husband. In fact he admits there were problems, but what exactly were they and since this two people, there would be TWO sets of problems. Slice of life: sure, but very narrow and only his side. I would divorce her, but I would be clear why: a little more information.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
how true

i found you handle it with great pride and honesty, as far as the sick fucks who troll through these stories just to get their sick kicks for there sick minds time will take care of those losers. In the end the one person you have to live with and die with is yourself.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
'just the facts ma'am'

Terse and taut tale-Joe Friday would be proud.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
4 stars... great story more background

Psychologically this is a really good story but a little more background regarding the husband wife would make the story much better.

For example the husband says that he has made several efforts over the past two years to rekindle the marriage... and the wife does not seem to dispute that. I would have liked to seen some more follow-up questions regarding that from the husband. Something like.." Do you recall the time I did such and such .... and you werent interested?"

I also would like to have see how the wife justifies going to friends and another man to talk about their marriage... but INTENTIONALLY deciding not to talk to the husband ?

How and why did she decide that coming up with the ultimatum would be the best course of action ?

At any point did she even consider that maybe she should talk to husband FIRST as opposed to talking to another man or talking with her friends?

As to whether not this is a truly BTB (Burn the Bitch) story... That depends on one's point of view. Calling out or citing a spouse's attitude about her mental state ... open this respect ...abuse ...bad behavior etc is not in itself a BTB response. And in my opinion reacting to her demands are ultimatum for bad behavior of disrespect...is NOT a BTB response.

in my view a BTB response is when the actions of the husband are much more aggressive than simply walking away in getting a divorce. It is when his actions become somewhat vindictive -even if justified-- and go out of their way to cause additional hurt and pain.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
LSD scores (again)

The Slam Dawg is a succinct in his commentary as TCct is in writing it! Those who want a bunch of sides and gravy* with a good steak, well-prepared don't understand meat, or the eating thereof!

This story is MORE powerful because it is firm and terse.

5*

* a quibble I have with Hubby at the steakhouse.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
Edit FAIL

First sentence should read "... is AS succinct ..."

Sorry.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
He was right

right that the marriage was over.

right that she was seeking validation to cheat.

right to move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Short

Not an easy decision. but he made one and stuck to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To lostindesires

I think your living what you percieved to be the story got in the way of actually reading it. The husband in this story tried for 2 years to make the marriage work. You did not. His wife chose to cheat on him...your wife cheated on you . If your wife was unhappy because you were acting like a dick she should have confronted you, divorced you BEFORE she got involved with someone else. The fact that she didn't speaks volumes about her character. The fact that you both forgave and accepted full responsibility speaks volumes about your character. Other than cheating wives you and the husband in the story have nothing in common. She is still cheating on you by the way...she's just better at it. Good luck.

jasonnhjasonnhover 9 years ago

This is a very straight forward story. Their happy marriage fell apart (details not really provided) and we are told the husband was aware of it and tried to rebuild it. His wife wasn't interested and turned to another guy for her emotional and eventually physical support. I guess it is a bit "boring" because it is gritty and real. There was no convoluted cheating or revenge plot, just a wife on a path out of the marriage and a husband unwilling to put up with her lies and attitude. John, wasn't reduced to a weepy puddle and we didn't have to put up with too much moronic talk from a cheating wife trying to justify her actions. Neat. Clean.

I would advocate for a more interesting plot in future stories but like the focused writing style.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Scary but I Agee with Harry

Four star story. I don't agree with the comments about saving the marriage - once one spouse decides to get companionship and comfort from somebody else, it is over. In this case, the husband is more likely to marry again successfully than the wife simply because we men die off quicker. He can probably upgrade, altough HDK is probably correct it is more difficult than most stories indicate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
another great story from you

so real to so many men and women whose partner lost their way and choose to hook up with another. even if she never slept with this guy there marriage was over, she asked to separate so she can explore another, just ridiculous at least he was on his a game. no winners here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
greaT STORIES wish you could write more often

you are one of the top writers here, please keep them coming

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
lostindesires has a point

lostindesires has a point, but it may be more about himself than the protagonist. Who says that the husband was "emotionally unavailable"? In this story she was the one holding back and establishing a new relationship behind her husbands back. I agree trying to work through a problem is not a bad idea if it has not gone to far. She must be willing to make some concessions through. 1. no separation. 2. get rid of the male confidant - totally including quitting work if necessary or getting him fired - whatever the best solution is for the COUPLE. 3. The husband has to have a chance to give the other man a piece of his mind as a parting shot. He is an interloper and deserves punishment. Now, hopefully back on level ground they can try to talk through their problems. Most of these problems are likely her ego issues though, in which case a shrink may be of some help.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

AMEN to the last three sentences! Good writing and story. Cheers!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
Off Plumb

"One bubble off plumb". I had not heard/read that phrase in a lot of years. Thanks. As for the story, I liked it. Succinct, almost terse and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A Tough Lonely Decision

Obviously, a down to earth realistic man without a penchance for justifying or allowing false hopeful and wishful outcomes to an already betrayal of his love and trust!

It's lonely after that many years and, in the long run, better to go alone than to constantly wonder if, gee wiz or will she do it again?

We don't EVER forget the ones we love, remember the good and great times and hurt for the memories that ended what was once euphoria but - better to go alone.

Thanks for a real life experience and so accurately definitive of a ruined relationship. Wife sending him a picture of a blow job would be typical of a cheating woman who didn't get her way but really didn't fit this story - BUT - nonetheless, a great realistic read...THANKS!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
BTW 5*****

What is the different a consequence story to a revenge story? This consequence story shows well. To be find a second woman and to find a successful second marriage this consequence story had become a revenge story...............

Duna

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 9 years ago
Sad you walked away into solitude

but you did good. The best revenge is the revenge never taken. Think about it. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5 stars

I no longer read other comments, sick of seeing the arguments, don't even know who has commented.

Instead, I am leaving my comment for you, Tcct, the person who wrote this.

Thank you for your contribution. You, author, are someone whose work I can read and not get pissed off and have to stop.

Technically well written, but more importantly, your ideals and position do not grate against my own moral code.

I read this and then went to your other stories, then I came back to vote.

If anybody rails against your work, it can only be due to their own warped morals and justifications, so ignore them.

Cheers

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 9 years ago
I Was the One Who Pulled the Plug on Our Marriage

But she was the one who drowned it. Better? Reality is not just tough, it's boring. Good writing. 5 stars.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 9 years ago
As a storytelling effort . . .

. . . this one falls a bit short. The crux of the story is laid out at the restaurant but I felt like I was sitting at one of the tables in the small dining room overhearing parts of a really interesting conversation, but only part of the story. I don't really know the people having the discussion; who are they, how long have they been together, what are their backgrounds, did the was it an affair spring out of thin air, etc? Now, in telling a story some key items are sometimes left indistinct, blurred; that is often what makes for a good story. For my reading taste I think just a little too much was left up in the air.

As to the second half of the tale that is simply point of view rant and author's opinion is as valid as any as a logical consequence of wife's actions. I think overall the story was okay but could have been better with just a little more meat on the bones of the first half of the story.

For me a middling effort.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Oh Gosh!

I gave it a five, but I'm with Harry on this one. I was looking for a little more development.

HDK was right on too. There's often some fantasy ending. You didn't embarrass us with any of that.

I thought Sugna made some good points too.

Maybe the best is the guy acted like a man. He'd put in two years trying to salvage things. He knew what was coming and made his decision and then his point.

Too bad. No winners here, Just a good little tale.

Thanks.

ken philipsken philipsover 9 years ago
What is this doing here????

This is supposed to be erotica! This is one divorced depressed selfish man's diatribe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very well done and deserving of the 5 I gave it.

I didn't particularly like John and thought he was just as much to blame for the dissolution of their marriage and it has nothing to do with her relationship with Dan. He gave up on the marriage long before Dan was involved. Despite his self justification, he refused to accept responsibility and preferred to blame Sue and he used Dan as an excuse.

Despite the lack of erotica, I have this a 5. Thanks for writing.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 9 years ago
Both barrels!

He hit her with both barrels! Pretty realistic. She will never understand what she did wrong! *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
If dickless liked it

must be shit.one star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I HATE FUCKING LAZY AUTHORS!!!!!!!!!!

"My kids sided with Sarah initially – they didn't understand what it was that Sarah did that was so wrong. " When you wrote this line, you knew it was stupid... you knew it was unrealistic, and you knew that no kids react this way. So TCct if you have no pride to put into your work, then don't insult readers by posting garbage here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5 STARS

All your stories so far rated over 4 stars and I can see why after reading this one. Good read. There are a handful of readers who didn't like this, but then seeing who they are it's understandable. No swinging and humiliation or willing cuckolds in this tale. Keep up the good work. You write them, we'll read them. (ML)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
re: anonymous- I hate fucking lazy authors

What crawled up your ass and died. Look asshole, it's a free site, you don't have to pay to read these stories. Don't like the authors, not happy with their grammar, etc. don't read them. Where are your stories? Yeah, that's what I thought. You don't have any. Good story author. 5 stars and yes I'm not all that picky about the quality. It's the story that counts. In case you don't know it anon, there aren't any professional editors on this site. Nobody gets paid to edit stories. Nobody gets paid to write them either. Ever try to write one. Try it sometime, see how well you'll fare.

Sorry author for rambling, sometimes these readers just raise my hackles.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Of course the kids sided with the wife inititally

The husband was the one who filed for divorce and refused to allow the separation so his wife could "explore her thoughts further," then refused her demand for counseling. It was only after he sat down with them and explained to them what she had done that they understood why he had decided to file and why her demanding counseling was absurd when she was the one who had destroyed the marriage.

MattressThrasherMattressThrasherover 9 years ago
The truth will set you free.....

but first it will piss you off. I enjoyed your story, no winners, everyone loses and no happy ending, just reality.

greowulfgreowulfover 9 years ago
Nice

The terseness fit the narrator's character. For once, HIV was spot on--I, too, would have liked more info on hubbie's efforts. Substantively, a sad story if realistic. Counseling probably could have helped this couple. Perhaps hubbie was too emotionally exhausted at that point, or perhaps he was an unforgiving tyrant--another place where more background would be nice. All in all, though, a worthy submission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good Story

This one is worth fleshing out a bit.

I loved your comment, "Sarah you are one bubble off plumb"

The ending was also well done.

1) He doesn't end up owning the bank Dan worked for because they didn't enforce their morality clause, which is meant to protect the bank. Really, there are stories out there that did that. This one is believable.

2) The divorce ended up hurting both, as happens in real life.

3) He didn't hook up with Dan's wife.

He isn't portrayed as an angel here on earth but a normal guy wanting to work on his marriage.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent

Good read. I'm not going to pick it apart for the sake of whining like some do. I read for entertainment and this story did just that. I'm lucky to just be able to find something worthwhile reading in this category anymore, seeing that the majority of stories don't do it for me emotionally or erotically. The good writers must have flown south, wonder why? 5 Stars

showing222showing222over 9 years ago
Nicely written

Powerful and well-expressed. The tone was appropriate for the subject matter and conveyed the emotion.

Sean

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
I haven't read the story yet; just the introduction

And it doesn't look good at this point. Were you dropped on your head as an infant? An open marriage falls into the same boat as gay(I really hate to abuse a perfectly good word) marriage. It isn't one. A marriage is the union of a husband and wife in Holy Matrimony and the limitations of that union are spelled out in the Wedding Vows. Think real hard now. Which Wedding Vow could conceivably have an impact on the premise of an open marriage? All right, let me help you; does the forsake all others clause ring a bell? That's right; you can't bring someone else into your marriage because... Anybody? Come on; don't make me spell it out for you. Oh all right; you wouldn't be forsaking all others. There, got it now?

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Read the story now and

Your story is certainly at odds with your introduction, and better than I expected. I liked the way he treated Sarah; but Don should have got his as well.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
miserable

I saw your point initially, but I definately would not have stayed miserable by choice.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THOSE LAST WORDS OF WISDOM

are written in stone and are probably part of the Lost Commandment Tablets. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice !!!!!!

I liked it. finally a real man doing what needed to be done and for all the right reasons. some women think that because someone that loves them, are the very person who they think they can shit on and he is suppose to what ? forgive and forget bullshit. they seem to want their cake and eat it too, to fucking bad for her or any other women like this one. great fucking job, and if this is something that has happened to you well, kuddos to you for the way you handled it.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
In my opinion...

TCct, I admire your writing skills and how well you moved this plot along.

I completely disagree with your assumptions but your conclusion was powerful in its Pyrrhic finality.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

Stupid woman. You know why she asked for a separation from her husband? To fuck her aspiring new lover. He knew it. It's fucking obvious. You know why she didn't? Because she's FUCKING STUPID.

As all cheaters

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
not much of a story

maybe if you included what went on the last couple of years i would understand. he just decides to divorce his wife. why did he wait, he knew what was going on. why didnt he fight harder in the beginning. he must not have loved her in the first place. if i found out that my girl was being overly friendly with a guy friend i woundnt wait until she asks for a separation. i would go after the asshole trying to ruin my relationship. if that hurt more at least i would go down fighting. not just walk away.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Stupid Slut

“Dan is a friend, a willing listener and sounding board who has been nothing but kind, considerate and helpful. He is someone I can count on. He understands me, appreciates me and doesn't judge me."

Of COURSE he is! How better to get into her pants!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
YOU OMITTED ONE SENTENCE AT THE END

and then you die. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Excellent Writing

But you have me worried by your tendency to only deal with divorce. Try writing something else for your own good.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 9 years ago
I agree completely with KarenE

He just wanted into her pants. And Sarah was an easy mark...the unsatisfied wife that puts her husband down, instead of fixing what is wrong. I've read this before, but it was worth reading it again. 5 *'s Not every story on here has to have sex in it. It's about relationships, not sex.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
John Wayne said it best

life is hard, it's even harder when you are stupid. I guess Sarah never heard that or she was too stupid to pay it any mind.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Further Thought

"Sarah sent me a nasty note demanding to know why I had just given up on our marriage and hadn't fought for her."

Why should a husband have to "fight" for his wife? If she is tempted to stray, then SHE should fight for THEIR marriage and talk to her husband and try to work on whatever problems they may be having.

If they honestly can't work things out THEN they should separate and/or divorce, and THEN she can explore her "feelings" with Dan or whoever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good story, great writing!

My own wife wanted to a separation too. She had become emotionally involved with a coworker and pulled away so fast, I had trouble remembering she was my wife. After our kids graduated from HS, she went back to college, finished her own degree and started teaching. Within 5 years she was not the woman I remembered. She was always confident but she became abrasive and mean. Not a shrew, but very close.

Like John, I wasn't willing to live with it. So after agreeing to a separation, I began to move out. What I mean to say, is when Karen moved to an apartment close to the school, I began to move out of our long time home. It took only one time of sitting a block over with a pair of binoculars while watching her place to realize I no longer wanted to be married to this stranger. The catalyst was watching her open the door for a coworker, watching their silhouette in her bedroom and then the kiss she gave him when he left four hours later.

Living in Northern Michigan, I decided to move south. I always liked Florida and its fishing so after checking online and talking with a real estate broker, I had a small home rented and already waiting for me. I rented a moving van and over the course of a week I loaded everything I wanted of our life. No pictures of her and I, just of my kids and me. Our wedding pictures I burned and those hanging on our walls, I cut myself out of before replacing them. She killed our marriage, I was just burying it.

It took me a week before I had the van loaded. I had a trailer that I was going to use to tow my jeep behind me. It caught me off guard, the day before I planned to leave, when all the sudden my 'estranged' wife was pounding on the door. When she moved out, I made sure she gave me her house keys, so she couldn't get in. I didn't answer the door so she eventually stopped pounding and left. Then my cell phone and the house phone began to ring, nonstop, until I turned them both off.

Moving my moving day up by a few hours, after making certain she was no longer nearby, I loaded the last of my gear in the van and hooked up the trailer and prepared to leave. I took a nap, the last time I would sleep in that bed, to make sure I was rested enough to begin my journey. I'd planned to leave at 6 a.m. but instead, moved it up to midnight. Yep, I was going to flee town in the middle of the night! After a last look around, I left the doors unlocked and simply left. Thankfully, I missed everyone, apparently the next morning my wife along with our kids, unfortunately, stopped to see what was happening, exactly.

I say unfortunately because after I saw my wife was cheating, I contacted a buddy who was in the surveillance industry and he got me the pictures I needed. Those most graphic were laid out on the table with my ring in the middle and it was my daughter who found them. My son said she was hysterical and my wife became nearly incoherent when she saw what I'd left. They all went through the house and saw I'd taken everything that was mine and Chad, my son, said my wife was speechless when she saw what I did to the photos that were on the wall.

It didn't take me long to settle in. My new digs were just a tiny bungalow with one bedroom, a small bath and the rest was open. I had room to put my boat (and I bought one quickly!) in the small garage and a view of the beach. I'd quit my job, sort of, my boss agreed to let me continue working, albeit online for less than 1/2 of what I made previously. It wouldn't take much for me to live on so that was fine. I'd taken exactly one penny less than 50% of our savings and checking and had the paperwork to back it up. Of course, I didn't deposit any of my final paycheck so that helped. Especially as I brought home over 15K per month.

I didn't contact anyone for a full year. Then on the one year anniversary, I called my daughter. She was so angry she hung up on me so I shrugged and called my son. He was angry too but was willing to listen. It didn't take long and he understood and agreed to talk to his sister on my behalf. I learned from him, my ex wife and daughter didn't talk at all, Juliette refused to speak with her when it became apparent who'd ruined our marriage. I left my phone number with Chad and it was within the hour that Juliette called me back, apologizing profusely.

A week later, both the kids were at my place. It was terribly emotional and rather than spend the planned night, they stayed for a week. Juliette took my bedroom while Chad and I took the couches. From them I learned my ex was devastated when she saw what I'd done. More than anything, it was the destruction of our wedding album that forced her to understand. She moved back in to our old place immediately and almost lost it because she couldn't afford the mortgage. My kids moved back in with her and they were helping with the bills. As near as they could tell, their mother didn't date, she went to work and came home immediately, never leaving the house until it was time for work again. With Juliette not speaking to her, she was beginning to hit the bottle.

We had a great time and they promised to come see me as often as they could. Going to college, neither had any money so I sent them all I could, along with occasional tickets to fly down. I spend my time on the water or working online, taking no interest at all in women. Not even my hand had much of a workout.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the door one glorious morning, to find my ex sitting on my doorstep at 5 am. Man, the two years hadn't been kind to her. Where she had been a few pounds overweight most of our marriage, she looked like a cadaver. In this case, a drunken cadaver. I damn near slammed the door in her face when I finally recognized her voice but relented just to get it over with. I let her know I was going fishing and she was welcome to come or she could wait on the front porch until I returned. Allie didn't give it a thought and agreed to come with me, if I would let her use my bathroom and get her something to eat before we left.

After a quick shower and bathroom time, I had a couple breakfast burrito's ready. We left and headed out on to the Gulf and I fished. And listen to her talk. She readily admitted to cheating. She swore it was only the once until I told her of other times I was aware of. Then she came clean. When she saw the moving van in our driveway, she said she freaked out. And when it was gone the next morning and the house was left unlocked, she knew how bad she'd fucked up. Swearing they had not had sex until she moved out, I asked her (dryly), how that worked out! She spent most of the days in tears and was still crying when we pulled back in to my house, calming down only by the time the fish I'd caught was BBQ'ed and ready to eat with some steamed asparagus.

I couldn't throw her out and agreed to let her stay for a couple days. She wanted to explain, even though I told her I had no interest. It was surprising, she didn't blame anyone but her own. I have to admit I felt good when I found that the pictures I sent to her lovers home ended with him being divorced. He'd wanted to move in with her but she refused. She swore she'd not had a man in her life since she found out I'd left.

I let her sleep on my couch. It was odd having her around and after a couple days it seemed almost like it used to be. Except I felt nothing for her, other than pity. I think she understood that after the next few weeks. I refused to touch her, not even allowing her to touch my hand. She looked sad, like a little puppy, so I allowed her to stay on my couch. A few nights I didn't come home, I had a fuck buddy that I spent the night with and when I did the walk of shame the following mornings, I was met with a very sad woman. She never said a word though, it wasn't her place to complain.

Now, a year later, she still sleeps on my couch. She hasn't been welcomed into my bed, nor will she. Perhaps she's holding out hope, but I keep telling her, we ain't ever happening again. Thankfully, she's stopped drinking and regained weight so perhaps some feller will take her off of my hands someday...sigh...

phil2213phil2213about 9 years ago
Dark dismal noire story

This is not enjoyable to read about. No win has a plight toward winner mg outcomes are ridiculous. This isn't a reality based section to write in per se. I would be lying if I saw hope in this story. I'm sorry I wasted my good time reading it. It was well written but it was bull. I guess I haven't a clue what motivated writing such a story but it wasn't my cup of tea. Thank you for your effort.

krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
@Phil2213

You may not have enjoyed it, but it WAS true to life. 'Trial separations' are exactly as described here; a test drive for a replacement, while having a safety net at home. The observant among you will notice the hint in the name; TRIAL. Many women that file for divorce usually have a replacement already lined up. They ask for that separation not to "find themselves", (You're right there! I'm looking right at you, so it can't be that to find yourself, wifey), and not "To see if I still love you", (That statement in itself, is retarded! It's an open admission that she DOESN'T love you! And how is being apart, and not seeing or speaking to each other supposed to help? Ever fall in love with someone you've never spoken to, or met in person? Duh!), but it's merely a means to fuck someone else, without guilt getting in the way! "Oh, but all those guys I test drove wasn't cheating! We were separated!"

Being told that your partner wants a trial separation means only one thing. Hire a divorce attorney before you get sucker punched!

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
A Matter of Honor

She thought she could save her honor by cheating while separated. If the cheating went well, she would file for divorce. If it went badly, she would return and say she hadn't cheated because their was a pause, a time out in the marriage. Women's logic, ridiculous. She didn't care about her husband. There was no love. She was only concerned about herself and her image. After what appears to have been 25 or more years together, she should have learned how to love someone other than herself. She should have learned how to care about her family, more than her ego. She hadn't, she is a loser, a shitty mother and wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
this rings clear

and this is one conversation touching the situation... most marriage only have the undertow of the problem at hand.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
EVERYTHINGS ARE HARD AND HARDER

try not to weaken your resolve, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
hmmm

Something the story could have mentioned. IN real life husband would have thought this as well.

She didnt fall out of love, she was never in love with her husband.

She found something she wanted and dumped him.

No, she certainly didnt love him, just wanted to have an affair without consequence.

NWlifterNWlifteralmost 9 years ago
Krosis666 nailed it.

Not much else to say.

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
Tokens

The story of a woman two tokens short of a free gift, good punchy writing as usual from this writer.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Minor Edit

"Yes, well thank you for your sarcasm, John it has always endeared me to you." – I think you mean “endeared YOU to ME”!

CHIMPY_GCHIMPY_Gover 8 years ago
As always, well written.

Love this author's strong no BS husbands. I do prefer to see the wives realization of what they have thrown away and a greater degree of remorse. Just sayin...

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Excellent Story

well written and structured. Thanks

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Right on the Money

You have a very clear head and a great way of expressing yourself. Your stories are very satisfying if only for the logical out comes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice

Well written. 5*

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Excellent

The line 'How do you respond to that level of crazy' has to be one of the best lines of all times. I love it. A story about having your cake and eating it too. Some people think they can have it both ways. Most of the time it ends badly for them.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Read it Again

This is the most realistic story of a long term marriage gone bad. I have seen many spouses whose marriages have survived raising children, barely. These marriages are in need of renovation, but often these spouses decide it is easier to demolish the marriage and build new somewhere else. Sadly, they do not realize that a marriage takes a lot longer to build than a house. It takes years, decades even, before it is completed. So, they wind up alone living in a single wide. They mark time until they can slide under the earth and forget their foolishness. 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story

But I have zero tolerance or sympathy for a man that won't talk to his wife when the going really gets tough. Especially after all those years of marriage. He tried for two years. Try harder. Tell her he knows about Dan. Tel her to break it off. Break it off in Dan's ass on his own. Get some help from a professional. But to do what he did? Seems both short sighted and pig headed. Oh well - it's just a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
To both of the 2 previous Anonymous posters

WTF? He had done everything possible to try to save their marriage. She had no intention of sharing the marriage with him. She had already moved onto Dan with everything except the sex. And that happened just several days later. What do you two think he should have done? Let her get her apartment and shack up with Dan while he footed the bill? She already had both feet out of the door. There is no way in hell he needs to beg her to stay. If they're not going to be equal partners then he has to cut her loose. You two boneheads want him to beg and grovel and do anything she wants. She has lost all respect for him and it's up to her to decide if she wants to give it back to him. Anything he does other than what he did would not work.

PeteCedar

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
Hey annony you fuck bubble, you denfended your ex wife

until she laughed in your face about your 3 inch cock!!! gave this a 5 because it reminded me of your wife asshole of LIT!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fight for what?

She made a comment why didn't you fight for me? Why the hell should a man have to fight for something that SHE swore to give freely? You fight to protect her from harm, not for her after she had left the marriage in an already established emotional affair that she obviously wants to take to a physical one.

At that point he had no choice but to walk away. She was a cheater plain and simple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent tale.

Thank you for sharing. Well written and great flow.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5*

He did the right thing. Fuck her.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
What a Twat!

Not only should he have divorced her but,he should have found a way for some revenge against Dan the Dick,and his traitorous ,cunt of a wife!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Narrator is still locked in anger and pain phase of marriage dissolution but there is silver lining on dark cloud

At the end , the main character acknowledged that they had a lot of good years but things " fizzled out". To me , the marriage was a success for the most part despite the graceless ending . They are both better off materially and have successfully raised and launched their kids into adulthood. The narrator is a hard worker and was an excellent provider who wants to communicate and be romantic with his partner. Out on the singles market , he should do very well if the facts are as disclosed to the reader.

Good story technique - I wish there was a sequel ( possibly fitting into romantic genre ) detailing how narrator slowly pulls himself out of emotional funk brought on by divorce as he finds a woman who recognizes his worth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Decent story

Just no meat to it. 1 star

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Hmmm...

That's what you call a fucking cheating cunt. Emotionally at first but conspired with her future lover (asshole) how to do it without guilt. Husband saw right through it and lost the wife like a bad habit. Damn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

kind of meh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Read all of your stories

For the most part enjoyed them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
lordslammy

Not sure how you derived your comment title conclusion that he is locked in pain and anger phase.

My read is he has mourned and moved on. Having the odd warm memory of the good years is quite normal without rancor.

Why should he seek marriage again

Better by far the Hepburn-Tracy model of a mature relationship.

The wife deserved to have the sex evidence go viral

If husband was locked in pain and anger by now her universe would have imploded

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous