All Comments on '90% True Ch. 08'

by rhev

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I love this!

Ive just recently found this web site. Your story is my absolute favorite! it keeps me on the edge of my seat! Keep writing, I look forward to the next chapter! !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Definitions

you used the term 'celibacy' incorrectly. Celibacy refers to a state of being unmarried and is usually accompanied by sexual abstinence. Sexual abstinence is the practice of refraining from some or all aspects of sexual activity.

rhevrhevabout 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you Anon, I was unaware of that. I appreciate the feedback. To the other poster, thanks, I just recently posted chapter 9, I hope you like anal! :)

ProfDavrosProfDavrosalmost 11 years ago
Tender...

What a tender and loving moment. What an opportunity, too, to set things right, to show that not all men are brutes.

If real, good onya, if fiction, onya again.

More. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

You haven't cooled off yet. It's Great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very enjoyable.

Great job going from story to present.

I am enjoying this story quite a lot. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
DEFINITIONS (again)

The second Anonymous (03/04/13) is too cut-and-dried about his definitions.

In the following quote from Wikipedia's opening (summary) paragraph from the (very lengthy) article "Celibacy," note especially the two senses ("narrow".and "wider") correspond somewhat roughly to the distinctions posited by Anonymous, but that they BOTH are included within the range of definition of "celibacy:"

(quote)

Celibacy is the state of voluntarily being unmarried, sexually abstinent or both, usually for religious reasons. It is often in association with the role of a religious official or devotee. In its narrow sense, the term celibacy is applied only to those for whom the unmarried state is the result of a sacred vow, act of renunciation, or religious conviction. In a wider sense, it is commonly understood to only mean abstinence from sexual activity.

(end quote)

It is in the wider sense that rhev used the term "celibacy" in this story -- and correctly so.

This is corroborated by the Merriam-Webster dictionary which gives these definitions:

1 the state of not being married

2a abstention from sexual intercourse

2b abstention by vow from marriage

//priestly celibacy

The definition used by rhev in this story was 2a.

Although, Anonymous' definition of "refraining from some or all aspects of sexual activity" would probably be a better 2b definition than Merriam-Webster's.

Since "celibacy" may connote living in an unmarried+abstinent state or even living that way for religious reasons, it may have been preferable to use "abstinence" in the story.

This does not mean that using celibacy was incorrect; in fact, as I was reading, the word did not even get my attention, since I automatically took it in the sense (abstinence) intended by the author.

Another 5 stars

Paul in Oklahoma

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous