All Is Fair Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No," Rebecca said. "But we sort of smell alike and she's not a wolf yet so I have a hard time picking up on her scent."

"You said there were no unusual customers?" Brooks asked. "Was there a blond man? About our age, slicked back hair?"

"Nobody even close to that description," Rebecca said.

"You said you found your smashed phone close to ten?" Hugh asked.

Rebecca didn't know why that would be important to them.

"I'm not sure," Rebecca said. "It could have been later."

"Was it before you went into the basement or after?" Brooks asked.

"Now that you mention it, I think it was after," Rebecca said.

"But you remembered coming up from the basement and not being able to check the time?" Brooks asked. "So you would have reached for your phone then and saw the screen was cracked?"

"No," Rebecca said. "I think I took some garbage up from the basement. That is when I found the phone."

"So you didn't have your phone on you for around four hours and didn't notice?" Brooks asked.

"When I'm at work I don't pay close attention to my phone," Rebecca said. "What does any of this have to do with Helena?"

They were asking too many questions about Rebecca's phone. She knew they could recover the information on there, but made sure that the messages sent from her phone were a hard erase. They were impossible to recover.

"When you took the trash out around 11," Brooks said. "Did you see anyone standing out back or a car parked? Anything out of the ordinary."

"Nothing," Rebecca said.

Rebecca was certain the three of them were talking to each other. She found it a little rude they were doing it right in front of her. Rebecca thought she put on a good show though. There was a little slip up with the cellphone recovery, but nothing about her story was unexplainable. Victor thought it was better if she played the victim too, but Rebecca thought that was too risky. It was much easier to act like an unaffected idiot. She thought her Alphas would relate well to that.

"This is hard on everyone," Daphne said. "I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling. Why don't you come with me? We can find Andrew and try to get something for you to eat."

"I can't think of eating," Rebecca said. "I'm such a wreck. I think it would be best if I just tried to lie down, maybe take a pill?"

"I understand," Daphne said. "Let's head to the clinic. Maybe the doctor can give you something strong."

Daphne stood up and pulled Rebecca with her. She didn't want to stay around the Alphas any longer than necessary, but the fact that they were being so nice to her made her think she had them hook, line, and sinker.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Brooks and his father walked the opposite way down the hall from the girls.

"She's lying," Brooks said.

"You don't have proof yet," Hugh said. "But I think she is too."

"I want a team sent to that apartment," Brooks said. "Have them look for anything that seems off."

"What do you think they'll find?" Hugh asked.

"Nothing," Brooks said. "Rebecca is too good at protecting herself, but do it anyway."

"When are you going to tell her you know?" Hugh asked. "Ask her about the picture Helena got, let her know you have the other phone?"

"Once I have something she can't lie her way through. I want her to think she got away with this," Brooks said. "I want Andrew there for that one too. I'd like to see her try to lie in front of her mate."

"She seems to have had no issues with that so far," Hugh said. "Which I have to admit, I find a little strange. Mates don't lie to each other."

"Mine did," Brooks said.

His father went quiet. Brooks had reasons to be angry at Helena. If she would have just came to him he would have helped her. He didn't understand what he had done to make her think she had to handle this alone.

"I want to go see what the tech team found out," Brooks said.

"You're going to need to rest," Hugh said.

"I will sleep when Helena is back in my bed," Brooks said.

He sped up, knowing his father was right but not wanting to hear it. They made it to the computer security room. Brad was asleep on the couch. An Omega named Mitch was sitting at the computer. He stood up to greet Brooks and Hugh.

"What have you found out?" Brooks asked.

"I should wake Brad," Mitch said.

"No," Brooks said. "Let him sleep. Please tell me."

"Well that vampire is a whack job," Mitch said. "Watching him reminded me of seeing one of my college roommates trip on acid. I can't understand what he's doing. He went to bed at about 6:30 am, the Madame Alpha-to-be is still unconscious on his floor. He didn't pay any other attention to her the rest of the night. Almost like he forgot she was there."

"Zachary did say he thought Helena's blood would be addicting to them," Hugh said. "Maybe it is an actual drug."

"Honestly he was pretty easy to take out the first time we had a run in," Brooks said

It broke his heart to see his mate on the monitor. She was slumped over on the concrete. Brooks wanted to lift her up and bring her home. It was almost torturous being able to see her but not touch her or help her.

"We're lucky he made this mistake," Hugh said.

"Lucky?"

"If he hadn't left the camera on we would be thinking he was across the country," Hugh said. "Instead he thought he was being clever hiding out so close to us. More packs are coming to help. Soon we will have enough manpower to cover the entire area."

"We already lost one day," Brooks said. "Figure we have four more until she wakes up and then he goes in for the third bite."

"Maybe longer," Hugh said. "A second bites affects could be different."

Brooks ran his fingers over the screen. She looked so helpless, just like he felt.

"Have you figured anything else out?" Brooks asked. "Where is this room?"

"We looked at every map we could find," Mitch said. "But there's not much. A lot of this area was plantations, spots on the underground railroad, and some structures that date back to the revolutionary war. None of which are consistently surveyed. There are too many possibilities."

"I gave Brad a cellphone last night," Brooks said. "I wanted him to look for anything out of the ordinary and determine if a picture was authentic?"

Mitch shook his head.

"The phone you gave us had a poorly pixilated screen," Mitch said. "The photo quality was pretty bad. We can still find out if it's photoshoped, but it will take longer. We have to fix the image first. We should know by tonight."

"Thank you," Brooks said.

He started to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going now?" Hugh asked.

"There isn't anything else I can do here," Brooks said. "I'm going to catch up with one of the Betas and start searching the area."

"You're no help to her if you don't get some rest," Hugh said.

Brooks ignored his father. His mate was in trouble, there was no way Brooks was about to sleep anytime soon.

12