As It Seems Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
rowan3
rowan3
196 Followers

Connor sat up, "which do you want me to answer first?" as he took the steaming cup of coffee she offered. He winced as he sipped it, it was hot and disgusting, it tasted like tar and piss.

"Both," Kenta shrugged sitting on the floor in front of him her legs crossed in a meditative style.

"Nothing and no reason," he leaned his head back o the cushion and closed his eyes cursing when he saw Alexa's face again.

"Look white boy, you fool all these other suckers around here," she waved her hand at the various people hanging out in their quarters. Connor spent so much time there it felt like home, he hardly noticed the computers humming or the clink of typing as the Normans; the freaks and geeks word for normal agents, ran back and forth between each planning the freaks and geeks next move, which never worked. The Normans didn't go into the field they didn't understand that you couldn't plan anything. The Normans were political FBI agents, who were desperate to make it up the chain of command. They worked cases like this one only to show they could get in the dirty. They were graduates of Yale and Harvard unlike the freaks and geeks who graduated from the class of Hard Knox. Connor turned a weary gaze back to Kenta, who was waiting expectantly. He should have known he wouldn't be able to keep anything from her. He sighed in frustration.

"It's stupid," he said slumping his shoulders running a shaky hand through his hair, as he told her. He told her about Alexa, his sister, his parents, who hated him being a federal agent and him in general. "And it's distracting me."

Kenta studied him, she knew he didn't tell her everything, but in their business you rarely heard the whole truth. She watched his Caribbean blue eyes cloud. She smiled brightly and laughed kicking his foot. "It's so simple I'm surprised you haven't' done it all ready."

"What's that?" he lifted an eyebrow.

"Talk to these people, ask what's going on, this Alexa chick-"

"But I don't have time for this petty bullshit, I have fucking case! As we speak Melendez is probably holding another girl as-"

"Sweetie I know how you feel about this case especially after what happened to Jane, but all of us have lives out side of this. Rerun's wife just had a baby; you don't think he goes in worried about that? Terry's mom is sick...need I go on?" Connor shook his head pushing down the anger at himself, his shit still seemed so petty. "We all have our worries, and that's okay, what's really distracting you is your anger at yourself. Do yourself a favor find out what is really going on?" Kenta stood and kissed him just on the side of his lips. She was right and he knew it, and he was glad he told her. Connor knew that she of all people would understand. Kenta straightened, "c'mon you can shower and sleep at my place tonight and we can talk about Melendez over dinner." She winked before making her way to one of the Normans. "Oh and by the way Rerun's wife is pissed at you for letting him use your bike."

Connor laughed," I'm pretty pissed too, had no choice. Terry made me laugh."

"We knew he would that's why we had him call you." Connor stood with his mouth open, he shouldn't have been surprised he's done it plenty of times to the other agents but for some reason in that moment it was funny and surprising. This was his real family he thought as he followed Kenta, watching her flirt information from one of the Normans before they headed to her place. She was fucking perfect for him. So why was he thinking about Alexa?

rowan3
rowan3
196 Followers