All Comments on 'Business & Pleasure Ch. 05'

by giffmatt

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Dream On

Who is your Psy.? She fucks - two big cocked guys - loves cheating on her loving husband - Then he catches her - is torn up - divorces her - then falls in love again with the slut? -maybe they deserve each other - You rate a 25 only because you have writting skills not reality skills

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
A Sucker for romantic endings

Yep, thats me alright. however one thing julie did not mention to matt was the fact that she had a baby by her black stud.

That is what was bullshit to me. If she wanted to be honest with her ex-husband all the way, she would have informed him of this too.

A woman who would have a fucking bi-racial baby as the result of an adultrous affair like this one, and be "so proud" would probably do it again. A woman who would allow this to happen to her while she fucked around on her husband with a black man has no intelligence whatsoever in my opinion. There are ways to keep from having an unwanted child unless she was (1) Just to fucking dumb to use birth control, or (2)just wanting a little remembrance of Jason's big cock. Either way, very stupid move on the part of a married white "intelligent" woman.

Thanks for finishing the tale and giving it a good, romantic ending, but , as the other commenter said, REALITY is not one of the writer's greatest attributes. Good Writing.

Gary

andrewpetersandrewpetersover 19 years ago
Great story

While one of the readers questioned the reality, the way it plays out could well happen. Clearly we had a couple in love, though the wife lost sight of that with the thrill and exhileration of the cheating. But at the same time, the husband loved her, and though overwhelmingly betrayed by her, didn't lose his feeling for her. And like so many before her, the wife only realized when it was gone, how good she'd had it with him.

I thought you did a great job on the emotions, (though I agree that she should have disclosed the birth and death of the child, or had the pregnancy end with an early miscarriage where she didn't find out father)and created a very powerful story.

Great job.

rpsuchrpsuchover 19 years ago
give me a break

I'm so sorry I (God is he hot looking) hurt you. I don't know what (Jas was really hot too) thinking. I've never (you look so good) loved (and sexy and you're built great) anyone like you (Jas was hot enough to love too). I was so (you look so good) stupid (where am I going to find a model quality guy who thinks I hot too?).

Well, you really (you are the hottest woman I've ever met) hurt me (you are absolutely gorgeous). I haven't been able to (even hotter than the one I'm screwing now) have feelings for anyone (there is nobody more gorgeous than you) else.

Why would anyone think it unrealistic that they would get back together again? He painted them as a perfect match.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Concur with RPSUCH, again! lol

this, actually, has been one of the most emotionally charged little stories in Literotica. and while the romantic hearts want it ended this way, as others have observed, the author could have done a bit better.

both Julie and Matt seemed like such loveable, honest, and hard working young people,,, having their future so well planned, both working toward that future,,,

anyway, if what they HAD was true love --- and that they're truly destined to be together, they would still be together, no matter how one hurts the other, because by hurting the other (as Julie did to Matt) --- she too sufferred tremendously, under the circumstances, even if it's all her fault,,,

so the eternal romance and deep hurt as well as the sorrow that accompy them are believeable,,,

the unrealistic part (or the not so nice part), as speficically noted by others, was that Julie decided to reveal "everything" BY LEAVING OUT something highly important,,,, like, errr, her pregnancy to Jason or perhaps the other black brothas with whom Julie fucked and drugged with in their place?

that FACT, that omission, can be explained in two ways: (1), it's too embarrassed (and "if Matt doesn't know it," it'd be better "for him"); or (2), she's not honest (honest enough) and,,,,, if so,,,, she will likely cheat again (despite the undying love, etc., like the first time)

now, a third possible and MORE LOGICAL explanation to that omission is that, she wants to make sure she has again re-establish a more solid hold, a more solid relationship with Matt again, BEFORE she reveals that.

however, the "problem" with that kind of deception is quite vicious. for one thing, she (and Matt, too, despite their love for one another) did NOT know they'd ever get back together again (they might still split, when he's told of that, LATER on), so it would have been part of the "coming clean" thing for her to ALSO have revealed that to Matt, if not to anyone else other than her sister, and truly be done with secrets and her dark past,,, wether the possibility of them coming together existed or not,,,

but she did NOT trust him enough, did not have faith enough in him, to reveal that thing to him from the OUTSET

this, as you can see, is not an issue among the characters in a story; it is, I think, the thinking process of the writer! (don't blame "Julie," blame "Giffmatt"!! lol)

i wish the author would have dealt more with Matt's work and his other professional colleagues, other than that "hot" and "sexy" Kelly girl (she sounded like one of these Hooter girls: beautiful but brain dead, only good in the sack and shopping, but not too well versed in history, geography, mathematics, or world events); this would have given him a more realistic picture on what we call "reality":

THAT THERE ARE other equally beautiful women out there, as beautiful as Julie and Kelly --- butt, face, smile, breasts, etc. --- but who are honest to the bone, hard working, romantic, trustworthy, loyal, moral, and also plain fun to be with,,, women who would not, could not, cheat on him, have a kid from those affairs and not tell him,,,, even as she recounts, swimming in an ocean of tears, how the affairs in general hurt her so, etc., ad nauseam,,,

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the ending. I know that my wife is precious to me. It is good to have her back after all we have been through. This may sound like a fairy tale ending but it does happen when you meet your soul mate. Sex is sex and is a wildly crazy thing but nothing compares to the love of that special person.

ryu77ryu77over 19 years ago
Thank you for writting again!!

I can't say anything else because other readers had already stated what I think about this submission.

I'm a sucker for happy endings!!!

Please write more.

the Troubadorthe Troubadorover 19 years ago
A fine story...

And I was pleased to see the comments from my good friends AndrewPeters and RPSuch. They hit on what I see are the weaknesses in the story. In a way they go together. The first is very basic, and sounds strange on an erotic site. You pushed far, FAR too much on how sexy each believed the other to be. We already knew they were incredibly beautiful and unbelievably sexy. But neither was a reason to get back together. And while it was the reason they first got together they were not the reason they fell in love. And certainly not the basis of any kind of love, anywhere.

Matt was stricken when he discovered his loves character was severely flawed. The sudden disclosure of a weak character was what was behind the thoughts that he could never get back together again.

You kept hammering on how the other remembered and missed how good the other was in the sack. That was fine, but you could have cut at least half of that out and it wouldn't have been missed. In its place you could have made comments on the others character. You totally ignored it!!!

And of course not touching on the baby when depicting the reconciliation made it very weak. Without that amount of honesty they were not going to make it. You could have turned that scene into he most powerful one in the story.

But you know what I think? I think you forgot the baby there at the end. It's the only reason I can come up with that explains your leaving it out. So I'm not going to fault you for your handling of it. I do some writing occasionally myself, and can easily see how it could and would happen.

Doug

rpsuchrpsuchover 19 years ago
This and that

First, it is nice to be able to vote a percentage because it is easier than to vote on the 1 to 5 scale. On the one hand, it was written pretty well technically. But plot problems are part of the writing. Still I hate to give a really low score (1 to 5) to a story hurt by plot problems.

To Anonymous who said, "Sex is sex and is a wildly crazy thing but nothing compares to the love of that special person." Does that apply only to Matt's thinking? If she has that love of a special person, why is she cheating, looking aggressively to do it and not with just one guy who she finds attractive when she knows that a mistake could cost her that love? Because she doesn't have that love of him. If she got pregnant from their vacation, she'd just have to deal with it when it came up. In other words, dump Matt for Jas. Which leads me to it isn't about the sex. Sex is sex. It's about the betrayal. It's about not caring what it will do to Matt if he finds out. It wasn't a one time oops where she was carried away. She was the aggressor and persisted.

Unfortunately, as I pointed out, the love described here was so shallow that you couldn't drown in it if you passed out dead drunk face down.

ktsemaktsemaover 19 years ago
rpsuch = such the loser

from time to time i read these comments.......and today i read two from this guy who seems totally comsumed with trashing this story....i am certain that he has left the writer no means of responding directly.....at least i think that is most likely the case, i would be stunned if he had the balls to let the writer have an address where he could respond........at any rate, rpsuch offers such totally shallow comments, given the fact that this is truly an awesome story......hey rp......why dont u get off it and write one of your own, you total loser......btw.....unlike you.......i will offer u my email if u ask for it....ufh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Excellent

Very well written. A great turn-on. Hope to hear more from this author. Thanks.

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
An awesome recovery

This was a complete love story, with the wife exploring a taboo subject, leading to betrayal. Her husband did the best most husbands should do, when he beat Jason's ass for fucking his wife. He also felt betray by Jason, because he entrusted his wife with him when went out of town. Being and thrown aside, the wife felt she had been scorned and stuck out the way most women will do. She recanted, went cold turkey, got her head together, got a job(something a lot of women don't do in these stories and that why they are bored with their husbands.) finished her education and got her own place. Her apologies impressed people, family and Matt. To me a great love story with an excellent conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
what we have here is

a white woman with class and a black man who has class.we have a couple who can make it work.so if hubby wasn't doing job for wife,don't punish wife and lover.see punish black man and treat white woman like shit for fucking the black man.he make enough to send her to school and for them to make it.you has a good story until you want to punish and make them look bad for interracial love.that what i think.they love each other and the writer said that can't be.black men are nice to their women.

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
Decent Story!

I did like your ending. But I did find some flaws with it as stated in some of the other comments. To me the most glaring was why they really wanted to be with one another! Yes we know that they were good looking and in shape but damn! How many times do you have to hit us over the head with it? Why did they love one another? I understand the hurt of betrayl. Also that this kind of love only happens because of the feelings, things in common, and the untangible "just because" which if anyone that has been "totally" in love will know what this means! These are the things that should have been written about not just how hot each of them were. This made these characters seem very shallow. I did like how you showed her hurt as that of the cheater that was very believeable! So happy endings always make me smile! I would have liked to read about their families reactions to their reconciliation as well as some of their future relationship!

Thanks for writing!

Sexmate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Good and Bad

I read some of your earlier chapters some time ago and thought, at that time, that husband filing for divorce was the best solution to her total betrayal.Your very skillfully written sequal is heartwarming and leaves me wavering. If,however, Troubador and Andrewpeter think it's a great story, who am I to disagree. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
you can't write about what you don't know

the plot was a good one from what your perception of a educate upper class black male.first why would he share this classy woman.wrong perception of blacks, that the white writer thinking what blacks would do.90% of all black male who think well wouldn't treat their woman that way white or black female.please use adifferent train of thinkingabout black males and the way they treat woman.

Bridget69Bridget69over 18 years ago
Good combination.

Great story about regrets and forgiveness, yet, I would have liked to see the confession of Julie's pregnancy a little better elaborated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
pht

Of course punish the black man for what he did. If he was the "classy black male", then he should have been a decent friend. It goes deeper than race....you screw with your friends wife...expect an ass-whooping. Since most guys kill when they catch the wife in the act....there is 0% racism involved here. Not that there shouldn't be more racism.

The story has a lesson, "Don't fuck around on your spouse because you might like the other person simply because it is "forbidden fruit", so him being black makes it even more forbidden and wanting." but the truth hurts, she didn;t think through what she wanted.

She didn;t think about the long run of her actions and deserved to have him treat her shitty for life. Good thing he loves her huh!...after all that too.

I still think most black men do try to use the "forbidden fruit" angle, becase it is honestly the only way most of them can even get a women. And if you think I'm racist your damn right. I look at facts....when the majority of black males change that about themselves...I will stop hating on the majority. Individuals can break the mold...but facts don't lie....reality sucks huh?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
it sad we have come so far and no where

maybe i'm biase,but why would he want to share her with another man.here let me run this by you,black males and white females in this country can't make a go of it.that what i get from most of the interracial stories of bm and wf.that tell me that people of still see white and white together and black and black together.well i can't read this writer mind,but that what i see.the guy a great job,why can't he send her to school to finish.the money don't have to be white money as long its' green.its' funny because what blacks learned from slavery to now is from the white man.who like to share their wives in threesomes and have others fuck their women.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Thanks for the romance

Very few of these stories have actual romance built into them. They just seem to be raw sex for the sake of sex and even less have consequences for their actions. Very well done for the most part, a pleasure to read and for those who squawk at the race issue...this is the story of three people, not representatives of any race. Race of the people is a factor in the story, just as cheating, consequences, and redemption, etc. are. They represent individuals, not entire races. Once again, good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Thanks you did a great job!

I have to say you did a real nice job. You took the story in directions I didn't expect. You took care of the sexual foreplay thrill of cheating but than continued the story where others would just end. I don't think that it could have happened in real life because most never get that second chance we all dream about. But I have to say you held my attention. I am just one of the many hundreds of faceless readers and I have no idea who you are either. But I have to say thanks for the story and I look forward to checking out some of your other writings. Again...good job!

Michael

Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
excellent writing

You have a gift for this kind of writing , detailed , risky sexy, passion, emotions, payback. I hope you continue to write more, but one flaw , you keep talkin about how she is built great tits , but you spend little time detailing the breast part its almost as if black men dont like to suck tit much , for me I preferr to swallow one if I could..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
LOSERRRR!!! ANOTHER WHITE WIMP HUB ........

.....AFTER ALL!!!!!!! All this time and story development, and "It would be the beginning of a long road back for the both of them...". WHAT BULLSHIT!!!

He beat the hell out of the paramour, and what makes you think he could ever stop from knocking the teeth outta his wife???!!!Of course he shouldave beaten the tar outta the nigger fuckin hore. She got pregnant and had a dead baby from that, I'd call it Gods will if this was for real!! And I never wouldave accepted dinner and drinks with my ex! The toothless bitch could go fuck herself with whats left of her "special friend"!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!

FIRST THE PIECE OF SHIT RACIST AUTHOR MAKES A RACIST STORY TO JERK OFF TO HIS NIGHTMARISH FANTASIES! AND THEN HE TRIES TO "FIX" IT BY MAKING THE CHARACTER INTO A LOSER. IS THAT DUDE A FAG? HOW THE FUCK CAN HE TAKE THE WHORE BACK? GET A FUCKING CLUE.

SERIOUSLY, GET A LIFE YOU RACISTS. STOP WRITING STORIES

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
A Believer

As a Counselor for over fifty years, I have seen a combination of these events happen more than once. The endings range all over the place. This ending is a common one. I felt good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Excellent story

Great series of stories, first the really hot sexual encounters, people overcome with desires that cause them to react despite their natural inclinations. Then the culmination of a truly deep love, based on more than just sex.

Thank you

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
A super wimp is born

Again the slut gets away with everything. Do you even understand the subject matter? Infidelity is very much like rape. But Julie didn't stop there. She then went on a campaign to slander the wronged. No amount of time would return someone like that. Sorry in my professional opinion as a psychologist you are looking at a less than 1% outcome. Only if the man in this case had no self-esteem would he take her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
...our government at work!!!...

...TOTAL HYPOCRASY!!!...this is the stuff the U.S. government is based on...gimme yer money an' we'll sock it to ya'...christ!...wake up people!!! this is the workings of a true idiot whose life is so screwed up...and he's trying to convince you that women only belong on the crappy end of every male instituted crappy idea he can think of for them!!!...what a jerk!!! Ladies!!!...DO YOUR THING!!!...ALONG WITH THE NON-WHITES of/in america...we'll soon have a BLACK president, or a FEMALE vice-pres....the whitebread race is DEAD...GLORY BE!!!>>YOU GO GIRLS!!!...TAKE THAT BLACK STALLION!!!...XXXXXOXOXOXOXOXOXO...;-)))

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Feels like a satire

It was a great story with a lot of parts I liked, a lot of parts I didn't and a lot of parts I didn't pick up on until now.

This reads originally like almost every other story in the Interracial Love section where the black guy steals the white guy's wife until the husband catches them. Even throwing Lamar in there was a nice touch, as its also common in these stories for the white girl to be passed around.

Then you strayed from the typical (which sadly enough, has the white guy join in on the lust fest and get humiliated too) and had the husband actually leave with his integrity intact.

I think ultimately that's what I liked best.

And the people calling you racist are the real racists. They're mad because your story didn't follow protocol. You don't hear those same people shouting sexism in the stories where a girl is passed around by five guys all treating her like a glorified blow-up doll.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
so what

jason could have been any race and it did not change what julie was. if law didn't work out for her, she had a future as a sex worker, and away from her life with family/and him

GreekforfunGreekforfunalmost 14 years ago
To the anonymous-AGAIN!-reader

Women who would not, could not, cheat on him, have a kid from those affairs and not tell him. It is obvious that you have never lost a child -and I genuinely hope that you'll never do- that's why you can't understand how much it hurts to recall it's lose. That's why she didn't tell him. It's called denial -I think- by the shrinks; and it is very common to the people that have experience such a tragedy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
what is the name of that flower?

I remember now, pansy. 2 years and still blubbering, hope he didn't leave his purse at her tiny apt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The pimp looses again

I also think the pimp should wear female stuff as he does not act as man should do! No woman is worth to cry after- specially when she prefers a negroe for sex!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Only gave your story one star becaause you like so many spineless authors made Matt awimp by taking the no fucking good nigger fucking wife back. A better ending would have beenfor Julies to get a serious venereal diease form Jason while being kbocked up by him. Y\the Diease isn't caught in time and she has a twisted deformed nigger baby to look after as she dies a slow painful lonel death in poverty

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
The Narrative Writing Style for Most of this Story Did Not Work

It was dull & matter-of-fact. Kind of led the reader to just continually skip ahead to what was a unrealistic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
he is a wimp she is a whore

Another oh i loved you more than anything story about a whore.

No way i would have even talked to her again such a slut and a cheat. NO woman that cheats on her husband, fiance, or long term bf deserves even a hope of a second chance with that person.

Story was ok till you had them together again now it is worthless

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

The whore is nothing but scum the ex husban is a ass holr for talking to her again, what a jerk.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
Umm, no.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a ZT (Zero Tolerance) policy on cheaters. I've been cheated on a few times in my life, and I really did love one of them beyond words. I would have given my life for her. I had thought she was The One, until she took a trip and came back with a boy toy on the side. I caught them in bed after returning from Iraq, and that was it. It's the worst thing on Earth to be betrayed by someone you love, and who you think loves you. For those who haven't experienced that pain, go ahead and like this "romantic" ending. For me, this was a 2 Star tale... and that, only because of the skillful prose of the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Confused

This story is mixed up.

While she is fucking the black guy earlier, she tells how amazing his huge tool feels and great orgasms, better than her husband can give her.

Then, near the end she tells us that the black guy is no where near as good in bed as her hubby..

That contradicts...

Story doesn't sound realistic at all..

adele.darkstaradele.darkstaralmost 10 years ago
Hope you two are still together

Hi Matt

This is Adele, we exchanged a few messages years ago. I hope you two are still together and enjoying life still.

Adele xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Do you even remember what you write in earlier chapters?

In this chapter her Perfect husband is the best - which totally contradicts what you wrote earlier:

"But now that she had had sex with Jason, she knew that getting fucked by Matt could never quite equal the incredible pleasure she had had with Jason’s thick black monster buried deep inside her vagina."

I believe in an earlier chapter you also have her claiming that Jason is even a better kisser, a comment which now makes no sense at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
*

What a contradictory crock of shit this turned out to be. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Food for thought...

A story about infidelity that actually shows how our actions can have extremely painful consequences! Well done...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Dave69

Excellent story. It had everything and I really enjoyed the ending. This is a good example of how to write a good interracial story with causing humiliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A fascinating character study in all. I cannot but notice though that she did not tell him about the resulting pregnancy and the lover's child. More deceit, even as they made moves to reconcile? One also has to wonder at her sister's connivance if she allows her sister to get re-involved with the exhusband and he never knows the truth. Irrelevant? Perhaps if you believe the end justifies the means. But you have to wonder if there ever realy was an "old Julie" if she continues deceptions, and practically whether that would survive extended contact with the old-new inlaws? An engaging story, but an exercise in deception and false repentance in my opinion. I lost a wife of 6 years who had a long affair and had an abortion while I was abroad in Cyprus many years ago, and tried to keep it hidden. But some fundamentally decent in-laws ultimately clued me in. I find it hard to believe a man would ever forgive such transgressions, knowing the fundamental disrespect of deceit and resulting lack of trust. "Old Julie", "New Julie" same thing? But all-in-all, an excellent work of fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The all to trite and stereotypical "bad" black man, and "hero" white guy, Lol!! Way too many of the white guys have wild fantasies and are utter clowns.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent writer. Cannot say that I think the wife was ever the "old Julie" the husband character and sister thought. She was a true hedonistic calculating manipulative bitch or had serious mental issues. Reconnecting on the basis of deceit over the affair and pregnancy after the other lies is pretty convincing evidence. And would question the ex's judgement too. Just having revelation and mending fences after some counseling isn't convincing in this story line either. Some serious psychiatric help and a mental hospital from which she reached out to the ex, family, and friends would have made a more plausible story. I would have had the guy marry the new love interst and reconciole years later with the help of old friends who helped her get treatmen. But this said, I didn't write it and its still a compelling read. The last chapter was the weakest though. Maybe a sixth one addressing their struggle to reconcile with professional help?

pugg6963pugg6963almost 2 years ago

She did a DP on their marital bed and then tried to destroy his reputation. Burn baby burn.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"The all to trite and stereotypical "bad" black man, and "hero" white guy, Lol!! Way too many of the white guys have wild fantasies and are utter clowns. Says the clown himself

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a screwed up pair. The wife was a narcissust. Even her written apology was narcissistic. And he was a fool for convincing himself she could change. Well written but depressing story of human dysfunction. The title should've been 'Run Fool, Run!'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The writing is raw and juvenile. With practice you could be a decent writer, but your repetitive use of the same words over and over is boring and causes the reader to lose interest. You also have continuity errors throughout the story that make the protagonist seem like she has multiple personalities.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The female lead in this story fits the nasty sobriquet, "c*nt". The level of immaturity and narcissism really is incredible, that she could not even explain her massive lapse of trust. The letter is an interesting example, that she thought she had her 'integrity' to regain. How would a letter do that? Just a long overdue admission of culpability. And the thought that "I'm not sure what Matt will think, but I have to believe that even if he never talks to you again, he will know that the Julie he used to know is finally back again." is just such evidence. How DO you 'come back' from such actions? NOT. Hell, the husband sounded like he was suffering an emotional trauma not unlike PTSD. The idea that they would get back together after all that because 'they were meant for each other' is not only unlikely, but peurile under those circumstances. I found this story neither loving nor romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story. Rather like if Mickey Spillane had been a romance writer rather than of detective mystery. A bit repetitive and raw as some commenters have pointed out, but also evocative. "Raw" is just another way of saying emotionally unfiltered. The core focus of the story was on the strong continuing connection of the couple despite her infidelity. Keeping on those dynamics rather than just judgement or editorial commentary was the strength of the narrative. I read this story trying to follow the author's intent and it stays pretty consistent. The makings of a good romance writer are there. About the question of forgiveness, it seemed earned in the sense the female character came to grips with her perfidity rather than just lapsing into self-pity. Did it make the ex-husband a wimp, "cuck", or what-ever to forgive? If it came down to the emotional connection and whether he felt it worth forgiving her and trying again, what of it? My wife was a marital counselor for 30+ years and saw spouses forgive wives or husbands for betrayals that would seem monumental to outsiders. When a couple have a strong connection, the offender shows real remorse and comes to grips with their acts, and the offended one is ASKED after the dust settles. People are capable of great forgiveness in the right circumstanes.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Cheater always get caught either by themselves, or outed by other, or heaven forbid, caught by their own spouse and whatever carnage that might bring with it.

As for the ending I don't think so she got knocked up by Jason, cheated lied tried to make him the bad guy , Massachusetts divorce law hung him up for over a year because she was pregnant then as soon as the baby was born and both party's could apper in court the divorce was granted and as a court employee I will tell you those attorneys did not leave the court room without an invitation to chambers where they were informed about new DNA testing to determine the parent of a child where there is doubt . If they should waste the courts time agin again in any matter they would have 30 days to think about it at the country pleasure. Plus two hundred fifty dollars in fines to pay and letters to the State Bar to answer. It would be suggested that they look closely at their billing in that case also since neither client received the best counsel.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

An apology from what my Commonwealth and UK cousins would call a 'right cunt'? e.g., contemptible person. The Ex-wife's sisters comment sounded like so much bullshit: "I'm not sure what Matt will think, but I have to believe that even if he never talks to you again, he will know that the Julie he used to know is finally back again." Some things are not healed by such apologies however abject. It only took TWO years for Julie to get to that point? Wow... it makes the reconciliation not only implausible but even inconceivable for the real world. For one thing, when the hate passes, so does much if not most of the intimacy that love spawned. Yes, you can UNlove a person who crapped on you like that, by the negative association of remembering her with the lover when he starts to pine for her. That way, love goes away with loss of remembered intimacy. This ex-wife was a narcissist of major distinction, and would do it again if he forgave her and reconciled. Classic cake-eater.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The ex-wife was a flagrant narcissist and the ex-husband suffered from PTSD with co-dependency. "I'm so sorry, Matt" and $1 will get you a cup of coffee. That's all it's worth.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Agreed with the Anon who commented the wife Julie was a narcissist or had a similar mental illness to do what she did. Also the observation that the husband had PTSD with co-dependency. Her apologies meant little, especially so long after the fact. Just a lying cake-eater whose affections were shallow. Had she confronted it head-on with contrition, begging forgiveness, and tried to at least make restitution- e.g., restore his dignity- he might have eventually forgiven her. The contemptible manner of her attack on his character to cover her infidelity should have killed any possibility of reconciliation in the real world. And if the Ex - Matt- had really gotten a shrink, he would have realized his codependency issues, learned to deal with them, and moved on. Only a sick guy would feel they still had a connection to such a woman after all that. No one is somehow 'destined' for another except by choice and circumstance. The rest is so much puerile romanticism like the old 'courtly love'. He should have stuck with the new girlfriend or given her enough respect to back off and sort his psychological mess out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous