All Comments on 'But Hon It Was Only Sex'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 279 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You are improving the mechanics

I enjoyed the story. It doesn't quite have the emotional whallop of some of your other situations, but the ideas are still very inventive, especially with Sandy's connection to Beth. The one thing is that the emotional aspect of things is going to play out in the conversations between the two estranged spouses, and that part of the story was a little rushed and underdone (especially when the escorts came into the house), I thought. A little washed out? You have a talent for interesting situations that helps keep this genre alive; I enjoy your work and thank you.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 14 years ago
Well written story

I think the actions the husband took to restore balance to the relationship were appropriate. Story was about the right length for the plot line, and I found the plot line to be credible.

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
As usual interesting

good story. Different just enough and your writing is getting smoother.. Thanks SP

nyminusnyminusover 14 years ago
It's about time a husband acted like a man

and not a wimp. In most of the other stories a husband waits(feet frozen in place) at the door while the wife get's fucked inside. Then the wimp takes it out of her alone...big bad mansie...taling on the cheating wife and letting the other man get off scott free. It was nice to read about a husband who goes right in and kicks some ass...No politically correctness here..No sir..I mean good show Slirpuff

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 14 years ago
once again a awful ending

the 1st half of this story was GREAT. The wife's excuses were pathetic and bullshit. Her attempt to blame him was blocked nicely and the husband correctly deduces that her inability to say STOP meant her claim that this was "the last time"... was bullshit.

<br></br>

But then this story turns to crap. After seeing several whores/ escorts SUDDENLY he now decides to try and save a marriage of 25 years?.

<br></br>

Given what the author write That development make no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
OK

Great theme -written very well--Congrats!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
and your comments do?

I read this story and it was a pretty decent effort. I read your comment and it makes no sense. I agree with the Anon commenter, STFU HIV and stop trying to come off as an editor. You really do look like moron when you post these things.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 14 years ago
Not bad.

Not great either but certainly not bad. Would I forgive such a wife? No I wouldn't. The only thing I will say is why don't couples in these type of stories 'talk' to each other? If they had talked then mistakes would not have been made. Anyway interesting story as always.

lance gtlance gtover 14 years ago
Got to hand it to you Slir

Impressive story turn out. Three postings at the same time and a decent effort on each one. Not an easy task for any writer. Keep up the good writing and look forward to m ore chapters. Lance

Ducky7Ducky7over 14 years ago
Good story thanks for an ending that was not

all macho and not all wimpy mush. Keep on going THX

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
25 years

Your stories are to silly how could anybody forgive a wife who everybody knew was cheating, she showed no respect for him at all and what did he do spend money on hookers because that was all he could get.Then she end up leaving him and he is lost until she takes him back,macho no he was a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
25 years

Your stories are to silly how could anybody forgive a wife who everybody knew was cheating, she showed no respect for him at all and what did he do spend money on hookers because that was all he could get.Then she end up leaving him and he is lost until she takes him back,macho no he was a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
25 years

Your stories are to silly how could anybody forgive a wife who everybody knew was cheating, she showed no respect for him at all and what did he do spend money on hookers because that was all he could get.Then she end up leaving him and he is lost until she takes him back,macho no he was a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
25 years

Your stories are to silly how could anybody forgive a wife who everybody knew was cheating, she showed no respect for him at all and what did he do spend money on hookers because that was all he could get.Then she end up leaving him and he is lost until she takes him back,macho no he was a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
25 years

Your stories are to silly how could anybody forgive a wife who everybody knew was cheating, she showed no respect for him at all and what did he do spend money on hookers because that was all he could get.Then she end up leaving him and he is lost until she takes him back,macho no he was a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
25 years

Your stories are to silly how could anybody forgive a wife who everybody knew was cheating, she showed no respect for him at all and what did he do spend money on hookers because that was all he could get.Then she end up leaving him and he is lost until she takes him back,macho no he was a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
25 years

Your stories are to silly how could anybody forgive a wife who everybody knew was cheating, she showed no respect for him at all and what did he do spend money on hookers because that was all he could get.Then she end up leaving him and he is lost until she takes him back,macho no he was a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not a bad read

Having second thoughts of keeping a marriage alive after twenty five years doesn't necessarily make him a wimp. I can see where the "burn the bitch" crowd would kick her on the street, but then that's a matter of personal opinion. Seems like there are plenty of guys who can see the merit in a second chance. His method of revenge is nothing to be proud of either. Entertaining story author, and given the feedback, others seem to agree. ML

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 14 years ago
Getting better; I think the editor(s) helped lots.

The writing has improved quite a bit from the early works. The story is fair; nothing new, but there were a few twists to keep it interesting. For the money spent on hookers, they could have had lots of counseling, counseling which I think they would need despite the make-up sex. How could either one trust the other in the future? Each would be watching the other like a hawk. The problem with revenge sex, or "getting even" as it were, is that it is analogous to the Hatfields and the McCoys. He shot my cousin so I shot him, and his brother shot my brother and on and on. Does it ever end, or do we have a many-year feud? Of course I would feel like getting even, were I in the same situation with a cheating wife. But from my perspective, the relationship is then that much harder to salvage. Were I Beth, I would spot him one hooker or even three to make it even, but all the rest is clearly beyond revenge, it is over the top and just meant to cause as much hurt as possible. That would tell me to leave for real (were I Beth). Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sorry I dont think in any way he should have taken

her back. To give a few reasons why not. She absolutely had not reason to break her marriage vows and betray her husband. In fact for the most part, she should have been in an ethics violation with her company for taking presents, lunches, with a vendor they do business with. She wanted to play and she played, simple and cold. She did it in such and obvious way it was made completely know and apparent to her coworkers and her employer, shoveling a ton of disrespect and humiliation on her husband as, one, not satisfying her at home, and, two, her actions at work consitute almost prostitution on her part with the vendor and leaving work and going out to fuck. She had no trouble in publicly being seen in company with the man nor in openly during daylight hours, working hours, going openly into a motel room with him for hours. Thereby announcing to the world that her marriage meant nothing to her. She told her husband she allowed this man to do things with her she never allowed her husband to do, thereby giving to someone else what she had promised in her marriage vows. She did not do this once but the affair lasted over several months and in the last three months she was openly fucking him, did the question of protection come up, and when and how long has she been undergoing the year long round of medical testing? His revenge was over the top and was as commented on not right, two wrongs dont make a right. He should have divorced her and if possible based on adultry and filed suit against the coffee vendor even tho he probably didnt make enough money to even pay him anything but his employers might pay a settlement. The real question was never touched nor answered. Why does she hate him so much she did this to herself, to him, and to their marriage. This woman has no respect, no feelings for, nor any real love or lust for her husband. It was just sex in and of itself tells her husband how little she really cared for him. The only reason this affair ended was because she was caught. Cheaters cheat will he catch her next time when it is only sex? After all saking forsaking all others in the marriage contract really doesnt mean anythiing does it?

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 14 years ago
just clever enough

Nice twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good Story.

And the writing is improving. Just one thing that is the silly kind of error that is commen. No DVDs 25 years ago. Would have been tape. Thank you.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 14 years ago
Well done!!!!

A very nice story, and a lot of good twists in the plot that made reading it a pleasure. Thank You for the very good story.....Rich

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good initial reaction....

...bad revenge.HIV is right,her excuse lame.But some questions slir.How can a full bush be trimmed?Don't you know that "built like a brick shithouse" means big knockers?(See,bricks are stacked,get it?)And finally,don't you know that it takes far more than three beers to get your mind straightened out?Good effort-pistolpackinpete

mcwiiimcwiiiover 14 years ago
Great taste less filling

But your creativity is off the charts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good story

I really liked your story. I believe that I could forgive my wife if she cheated. I learned that marriage is for better or worse and that there are worse things then having sex with someone else. Couples need to talk things out and learn to work together.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Changing

Up to this point, I have enjoyed reading your stories. Now I after reading this one it looks like your loving (cheating) wives views are changing. Your seem to be joining the ranks of writers in this category that get off on being cuckolded by their wives. your are just as sad as the rest of these sissy boys.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Well Written. . .

Your writing is good, and the story is a good read, but I hate wimp stories, with sad endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Your writing is so much better

Thank God for good editors. I'm pleased that you're using them. Too bad you didn't start sooner, since you have so many stories that are nearly unreadable due to poor grammar. But I slogged through most of them because you showed a lot of potential. As for the content, yes the wife was a stupid bitch with no good excuse, but I can also understand why he took her back. It's a very close call though. People sometimes really fuck up. I wish most people were better, but they're not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Tired Tired and tired old shit again and again . .

A reader doesn't have to read tween the lines to understand in this puta writer's androgenist mind set the hubby is to blame for his wifey's cheatin. Oh to be sure, it's over the head of other putas cause all putas 'think' alike - placing all fault and blame upon any handy male. That 2 putas work to 'set him up' proves they're niners - yano, lie, cheat, steal, plot, plan, scheme, connive, manipulate and deny. All y'all dunder heads can quit making hyping comments, no puta ever needs that but from her friends and herself, that's enuf by itself to choke a real man.

ohioohioover 14 years ago
oh am I ever tired of asshole commenters!

To all of you readers who judge a story simply by whether the cheating wife is forgiven or brutally dumped: get a life! If all you want is stories that come out the way YOU prefer, then write them yourself! Otherwise, appreciate that writers like Slirpuff are giving you entertainment for free. Attacking authors, calling them wimps or assholes or fools, is only going to reduce the number of stories posted for you to enjoy. ohio

ohioohioover 14 years ago
P.S.

This doesn't mean readers can't give their opinions, including negative ones. It just means: Show a little respect! Remember that a fellow human being wrote the story that you're angrily dumping on. What gives you the write to attack someone personally just because you don't like his or her story?

orefinnorefinnover 14 years ago
Creative effort

Comments from readers that resort to name-calling and other derogatory phrases indicate the qualities of the person. I would bet most have never written a story and if they have they never had the nerve to publish the story.

I enjoyed your story and found it well-written with a nice balance of dialogue and story telling. I have to admit I had an inkling that Beth would turn up at the B & B but you handled that very well. Thank you for your efforts and keep writing for those of us who appreciate your stories.

SleeplessinMD2SleeplessinMD2over 14 years ago
Very Interesting Twist!

The fact is men are caught cheating more than women but I do not believe that the percentages of cheating is different between men and women. Men tend to be more arrogant and stupid with their cheating so they get caught more often. That is why these commenters (who are mainly men) who cry "burn the bitch" seems so hypocritical. Beth made a mistake. The real problem which ends most marriages in this situation is how do you know this is the first time? In this society, a good looking woman can get laid anytime if she is willing not to be picky. There is the internet, bars, social clubs, PTAs, health clubs etc. as points of opportunity. Beth had not be acting abnormal, guilty or given any sign that she was unhappy prior to being caught. Beth's excuse was that she was flattered by the saleman which led to the first time. Huh! Excuse me but most seductions start with sweet talk. Is Steve to believe that no other guy in their 25 years marriage hit on her? This was one weakness in the story- the claim that she was stupid. BS- she knew what she was doing because she was getting it from both the saleman and Steve. She was not going to stop until she was caught. As to her later comment that she felt terrible about it Steve never got a clue that she was troubled. Perhaps the only stupid move was to get her wick dipped during work hours. Then we have the confession that her and the salemen did things that she had not done with Steve. Think about that for a minute - how likely is it that a herebefore virgin would try things she refused in the past during the first 3 fucks with a stranger? That confession also implies that she cheated before the coffee saleman. The revenge with the hookers was creative but revenge begets more revenge. Bringing a whore into a woman's home (where she raised her kids) repeatly is over the line. Perhaps a sequel called Beth's Revenge is the next step in their story! Good story - Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
well done, Slirpuff

The story is very good and the plot is quite original. I liked the husband's revenge, it was different. Perhaps the ending soon became apparent. Especially when Sandy says you stay here and I'll be right back. Enjoyed your story. RAG

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Creative

One of your better ones although the violence is overdone. Nonetheless it was good to see a happy(?) ending based on love and not on "how hot she was in bed" or some such nonsense. thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Loved it....

A+

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Puzzling - Some Writers Attitude

Some writers seem to feel that readers don't have the same right to Free Speech that they feel entitled. Strange huh.<P>

They look forward to the thank you's but don't seem to realise that they stir emotions of all kinds especially when they stretch reality way beyond the norm. That stretch can offend as it did here.<P>

Only a special or perhaps a weak insecure man would take his wife back after 3 planned and executed cheatings / cuckings regardless of how long they were married.<P>

It is inconceivable that a woman or a man would take the other back after their spouse brought lovers home 3 or 4 times for blatant sex in the marital bed to rub their mates nose in it.<P>

Did they each deserve the writer's absurdity? Not really and thats what throws most readers under the bus.<P>

Constructively and in conclusion, when a story begs for rational consequence and it doesn't come close to happening neither the story or the writer aren't credible. Plus the reader has lost some precious time in righteous expectation not served.<P>

So ohio blow it out thine nose and get off your self serving pulpit as anyone with an ounce of grey matter knows your position is not supported by any reality.<P>

Will writers quit if not supported by their customers? Why of course they should and most do. The good ones don't whine but learn what helps their credibility and follower base.<P>

Lack of book sales or a surplus of negative comments are positive reinforcements of the why to stop - or change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Okay...

Okay, but not great. Maybe you should have had the pimp set him up with a whore that he met at a bar, and have it turn out to be his wife, who he found out had been working as a whore off and on since before the wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
If every story went

the way the reader would like it to be, there really wouldn't be a story. Who do you please, the reader that wants to torch the bitch, or the reader who prefers reconciliation. Either way the writer is torched. Now what? Anybody care to answer.<p> I prefer to read for entertainment reasons. What is offensive to most writers is the vile, nasty, non-constructive comments. How would you feel being in the writer's shoes. Regardless if a story is good or bad, it takes a lot of effort to write one. Try it sometimes. Thanks Slirpuff for the read. ML

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Get a good editor!

Your stories are imaginative and erotic; not too much violence and with fairly intelligent people involved in life's peculiarities. You really need to get someone to correct your punctuation and some grammatical mistakes. It drives me nuts to have to mentally correct your misuse of commas so that I can understand your sentences. Keep working on your craft. I enjoy reading your stories otherwise.

tootalldaytootalldayabout 14 years ago
Learn punctuation

You must have a garage-full of punctuation, particularly commas. You seem to sprinkle them throughout your sentences like pixie dust. Punctuation has a purpose. Learn it!

mwoody2950mwoody2950about 14 years ago
Damn Good

Thanks for a really fun story. What a strange twist with the hookers, never would have thought of that one in real life. Read some of the others comments, wow, guess I was reading a different story, lol. Yep, she lied, cheated, got caught and got really, really scared. But for those of us that have been married for over 25 years know that to automatically divorce is not how it's going to go down assuming there was a strong marriage in the first place. So...get yourself a righteous divorce and then what, hmmm...your probably 45-60 years old and starting all over again, yeah okay, I'm sure their lining up to get to you, and how many are damaged goods before you find the one and only...well you probably just divorced her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Cheaters never change!!!

I like most of your stories. However this one just didn't end right. No way I would have let the cheating whore back in my house!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Don't lose the plot to get the desired ending

Harry has it right. He rejects her bullshit answers, she concedes they were bullshit and is ready to be honest with him as he insists. And then she tells him … nothing. He doesn't wait for any kind of reason, he just wants her back. It doesn't make sense. His revenge is not an answer. It neither solves nor explains anything. Even if he has gone too far, especially if he has gone too far the question of why she did it cannot be ignored. Otherwise you might just as well have him wait some standard number of days to get over it and take her back because he can't live without her and she won't do it again or will hide it well enough that he may not find out.

<p>

The husband gets no kudos on the revenge either. He didn’t enjoy it. Are you going to break the diet by putting sugar on liver and onions? And not enjoying it reduces the tension in his dilemma. The more he has to give up by making a choice, the greater the reward for the reader.

<p>

Finally, regarding the comment as to what is out there for men if they divorce, in Florida a guy is a stud if he can drive at night. Men die earlier according to statistics. You could look it up. He’ll reach a point where he attractive because he is still breathing.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 14 years ago
Realistic

Married people do have affairs with others doing their marriages whether they be emotional, flirtations, or sexual. Men especially...with the sexual, and often with the emotional as well. Both women and men naturally wonder how other men or women would compare to the one they have lived with and loved for a long time. Face it, the grass does look greener on the other side and a new man or woman is exciting because it is something new. That the couple can get by it and still love each other is the test of real love between a man and woman. We all like to thunder and roar about the disrespect shown and the pain we feel when our egos and pride of ownership is damaged. Yet, what two people shared and went through together as one is the real test of a happy life. Even President Jimmy Carter admitted he lusted in his heart, as have all of us! I read all these cheating wives stories because I have experienced both a cheating wife and a non-cheating wife. I generally believe in reconciliation in these stories because the Authors continually describe the husband and wife as always loving each other even though they have broken their vows. This is an aside comment-but having been in combat where fellow Marines have died, I can tell the readers that good men die for their buddies and comrads- not because of the love they have for each other- Nor do they consider the wrongs that these men do to each other in everyday life when they fight to protect each other. We do what we do for each other over there because we each have to depend on each other when facing death. The reality is the same in civilian life! "It's just that- "Your combat buddy throughout life is your loving spouse!" Keep writing the good stories with all the different angles author. But from my point of view...for people that really "Love" each other and have shared a lot of life together...cheating is "Not" a real marriage breaker... Now when the "Love" is gone....that calls for a different story doesn't it? Sorry folks... Just my thoughts. I guess I read too many comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
a good option

Sandy! going bethless is not a bad thing.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 14 years ago
I like it

In real life every couple is different and how cheating is dealt with is different. I liked this story and how it ended.

The only thing I would have liked is after they agreed to give their marriage a second chance is to have more details in the ups and downs for next few months. How did they really deal with how they got into this situation to begin with? What changes were made in their marriage for the long haul? How did they deal with Steve's anger and hurt, of being betrayed and humiliated? These issues must be dealt with for the marriage to have any hope of lasting. Only after the marriage is secure again can they even think of bringing in others for threesomes.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Another good one

Enjoyed it thanks

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Enjoyed the story!

The revenge sex was a little over the top. It just made the husband a lot less sympathetic and took him off of the higher ground. The wife's three month affair that probably wouldn't have ended if the husband hadn't stopped by the Super 8 would have killed the marriage for many couples, maybe most couples. Bringing Sandy in at the last was a pretty good twist that helped enable the reconciliation scenario. On the other hand, in a situation like this, divorce certainly wouldn't be out of the question. The story still could have worked. Even if there had been a divorce, whose to say that the wife couldn't get her shit together and if she indeed did love her husband, she could work to win him back.

But it was your story and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Another sucker takes a slut back - how pathetic!

Is the world full of shoe no IQ's/JPB's with no balls or brains?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
An interesting tale, but the ending was way too cliche.

I could see them staying together, not my thing but I get it and you wrote it well. However, the hot monkey sex before they even talk, too cliche, and actually lessens the idea that they might make it work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Sorority Sisters?

How exactly would a 28 year old be a contemporary sorority sister of your 40+ year old wife?

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
Pay Attention

He requested 28-40 year olds

They, AFAIK, never mentioned Sandy's age.

rvwsrvwsabout 13 years ago

Do they ever get that threesome going??? Just asking.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Uhhhh ... not my favorite for sure!

It's kind of nice when at least one of the main characters in these stories shows some integrity. I just end up feeling disappointed when they end up like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Pathetic Story about a Moralistic Prick

Yeah wifey did wrong but at least she didn't bring her fuck back to the family home. She should have just divorced the prick. Talk about double standards. A better story would be the prick getting aids but then I suppose the arsehole would only blame it on his wife

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Moralist Prick?

Anon..you truly are a sorry ass. She fucked another man (three times). SHE is a slut. Moralist Prick! God, people like you make me puke.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Anon on 7/4..

Hey ASSHOLE. She IS a slut bitch. Don't give us normal people any of your moralistic bullshit. You won't know morals if they walked up and hit you in the face. You likely are, like Beth, a cheater and want to condone your cheap life style. Well, to folks like you..GO TO HELL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Re: Moralist prick

far as I'm concerned, the only "moralistic prick" in the area is the holier than thou shit-for-brains who brought up the term in the first place.

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
God,this is fun !

Hey,all you anon halfwits,why don't you put your names and addresses in here,so you can beat the shit out of each other to square your opinion. And let me know when is this happening! I will gladly attend.

drtsdrtsover 12 years ago
top story

I liked a lot.....

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
gave it a one

I'm not some prude, I'm also not a swinger or in to watching. If you love your wife and try things, I believe you should do them together and if it doesn't work out you stop. There aren't many guys that I know that would put up with the constant cheating that they write about. I have one friend who's wife stayed married long enough to cheat twice. She has the house but the kids ran away enough times they gave them to him. She pays child support. Now she wants to talk and try to work it out and he has moved on. Me, I'm glad he dumped the slut. This husband will find out soon enough.

cyrilliccyrillicover 12 years ago
Two wrongs ...

... do make a right in this case, although using prostitutes for the revenge sex was rather sordid. Good writing.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I have read this multiple times

And I still like it. Favorited

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Excellent story, but unsatisfying

Well written tale. Emotional and realistic. Maybe too realistic to be totally satisfying. I have never experienced a cheating wife first-hand (thank God). But, I know several guys (some good friends) who have, some of whom have reconciled. Truth is, a lot of these things end up messy and the reactions of the spouses can be irrational, or at least non-logical.

What I like in these LW stories is explicit explanations of what happened and why. Not the sex, but the reasons for the cheating, and the reasons for the wronged spouse's response. I didn't get much of that here: the wife's explanations were either dishonest or muddled. The husband's reasons for his reactions were unclear to him, as were his feelings. In the end, the wife wanted the husband, but couldn't go on with the way things were, and the husband wanted the wife, and was willing to try again. We are left with the fact that the reunion was just the start of the healing.

So, we never get a good handle on the wife's motivations to cheat and each of the parties' motivations and feelings over the reconciliation. The story is therefore unsatisfying for me. But, a great story about the immediate aftermath of cheating discovered. As it stands, and excellent and emotional prequel to an untold longer story of reconciliation.

To those BTBers, hubby did get some effective payback-wife was on the receiving end of the silent treatment for weeks, she had to see a parade of hot women having sex in her marital bed, and she didn't know if her marriage would survive-a marriage she wanted to survive. I sympathized with hubby completely. Payback is a bitch.

Reconciliation seemed appropriate here, too. If wife is to be believed (a big IF), she didn't go out looking to cheat, she was seduced, she only did it 3 times, she said she felt guilty, she said she was planning on ending it soon (when?), she had presumably never cheated before, they had been together for 25 years, they had children (grown), and every indication was that she treated him well (except for the cheating, of course), it wasn't a romantic or emotional affair (well, not really), and he loved her and believed she loved him. Add to that, the first sex scene w/ hubby and wife shows that he can ring her bell, but that perhaps he hadn't been very good about doing that for quite some time. I'm not excusing it, but those are factors to consider. If I were in his shoes, I would at least give it a shot at reconciliation and counselling, etc. before I dumped her. I liked that the author gives us reasons why we wouldn't want to take the bitch bad, though (food for thought): while only doing it 3 times, it was over a 3 month period (not a wild one-time fling or even a weekend-long affair at a conference, etc., enough time to get her head on straight and end it), she hadn't ended it yet, and admitted to having had no definite plans to do so, she had been having these (not so secret) lunches with the vendor for a few months prior behind hubby's back, and she had let the asshole do things with her that she had denied hubby for years. Nevertheless, I was sold on hubby's decision by the author, questions remaining and all.

cueball961cueball961about 12 years ago
Authenticity Challenged

The story was in a general way well written. It had some good erotic moments as well, though they were generally left up to the readers imagination. The story was, for me, unsatisfying. The characters of this husband and wife were simply not authentic to me.

The wife, first of all, was ignorant beyond belief. A man married to this simple creature would have to keep an eye on her, if for no other reason than to keep her from wandering into the street. She falls for obvious flattery and then, when caught crimson fisted has no defense but the hackneyed "it was only sex" routine. She then has the mystifying expectation of her husband forgiving her dishonesty and betrayal as though nothing untoward happened.

The husband was a piece of work as well. He gets kudos for putting the brakes on the affair in a decidedly unwimplike manner. Kudos again for rubbing her nose in the affair with the procession of sporting girls. But then he spoils it all by chucking his quite understandable outrage to renew his relationship as though nothing happened. Of course the end result of all this has the two of them fucking like rabbits, all is forgiven, and romantic music comes up as the end credits roll. On top of all this unrealistic behavior and sugary happy feelings of goodwill, we are witness to a not insignificant miracle. The proverbial whore with a heart of gold actually helps reunite the star crossed lovers. And if this is not not sufficient enough, she turns out to be a long lost sorority sister of the adulterous wife! In this universe I'm quite surprised that the husband didn't get to win the lottery after discovering that his wife's lover had contracted cancer of the genitals, requiring their immediate removal.

I hope my criticism is taken in the spirit in which it is intended, and I beg your forgiveness for my sarcasm. It must be noted that relationships do survive after infidelity, as I know from hard experience. But it is never as easy as this story would have us believe.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mabout 12 years ago
Her motivations for cheating

A couple of the comments say that there was no good explanation of her motivation for cheating. I disagree. She was a virgin when she married and was starting to see the end of her youth, or if not youth perhaps the time when she was sexually exciting to men. A man flattered her and she wanted to know what she missed, having been with one man her entire life. It was either now or never. Each year that passed she would get less attractive. I think that this is very common for both men and women who marry young. Why do you think that the divorce rate is so much higher for people who marry before the age of 25 as opposed to those who marry after?

The people who marry young see their friends having a wild time while they are busy raising children. The needs of the children come first, but after the children are older and don't need their mother, she sees middle age approaching and wishes she had been a little wilder in her youth. So it's probably true that it was just sex. She just wanted to see what she was missing. And, as we all know, it's dangerous having sex with another. It's bound to be more exciting at first just because it's new. So until the newness wears off, the affair continues. The problem is, it's hard to have sex and not get attached, although the way this happened, it was once a month with the coffee salesman. Not something likely to turn into a permanent relationship.

Since it was true that for her it was just sex-just seeing what she missed, she had trouble understanding why her marriage was in trouble and her husband just couldn't get over it. That's the weakest part of the story, because we all know that having sex with another is devastating to the spouse. Either she missed this, or was pretending to not understand how badly she hurt her husband. Since either she couldn't be sincere in her talks with him, or really didn't understand he was forced to show her. If it really was just sex and forgivable, she should have no problem with him sleeping with some escorts. That clearly is just sex--no emotional involvement at all. He had sex 4 times when she bailed. I think the point was brought home that it's never just sex--at least to the spouse of the one having the affair. She couldn't take it and was forced to admit that it is devastating when your spouse does this to you. Of course it also could have ended their marriage.

I think the best of this type of story is Ohio's "The Conversation". It's very similar to this one. It's about a woman who loves her husband, but for some reason wants a little on the side. Her husband takes action to show her(as opposed to telling her) how much this hurts.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

A good reconcilation story for me 5 stars.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
It WAS only sex

...for him as well so why is his wife upset? The women were obviously hookers, he wasn't falling in love with them. By her own definition it shouldn't mean anything. Further, he is not hiding it from her like she did her affair. In her "conversation" she says she "just couldn't say no to him". So her husband and her marriage mean so little to her that she can't resist temptation. What does that say for the future? Is the only reason she wouldn't do it again because the consequences are too high? That's not very reassuring. If the only reason you are willing to behave is because I've got a gun to your head, you are NOT trustworthy. Her only admission was "All right, I screwed up". How? By getting caught? Then she immediately turns it into a problem with HIM because he is screwing hookers. She asks "When can we to try to pick up the pieces and start over?" Translation: When can you just forget about what I did?

In general I don't think revenge is a good way to go if you might be trying to get back together however it really was a perfect answer to her assertion of sex being meaningless. In the end, Beth did very little to earn forgiveness. She walks out and then, poof, she is forgiven when she decides to show up again. She doesn't even apologize, just dumps it on him by asking "Where do we go from here?". He then collapses into adoration for her. This could have all been fixed with a few sentences like Beth saying "Sandy told me that I was a complete idiot for cheating on my husband and I know she is absolutely right. There is no excuse and I am very sorry. I will never let anything like that happen again. Please forgive me.". Then she would have earned the reconciliation. As written, she didn't.

TalonsreachTalonsreachalmost 12 years ago
Jason...

I agree with your assessment. She never did step up to the plate and truly apologize. Sorry, "it was only sex" is no apology at all. She is pissed because she got caught and that he brought hookers in. In fairness, I do like that he finally took the high road but his wife never truly met him half way.

Slirpuff, I do like the story you wrote. If nothing else it gets us to try to analyze past the surface issues to try and see where the heart truly is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Cluck, Cluck, wimp, wimp.....

Great reconciliation. Bullshit. If this guy is so stupid he better be tested monthly for an STD. Because the slut he is married to will be getting her slot greased again.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Not Bad

It was a pretty big coincidence, however, that one of the whores happened to know the wife. Nothing else to add except I guess a happy ending is always good.

PS

Why did the wife not apologize? Hmmm

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
You were on a roll until the ending. Reconciliation with a cheating whore is hard to justify.

So you didn't. With no children in the mix the 'right' ending has him dumping the cheating slut.

reddogs88reddogs88over 11 years ago
Story turned to crap at the end

Story was pretty good until the end. Husband turns into a wimp. The end is kind of hard to believe in any fashion. I have to agree with Jason's comment. If She had apologized, it would have been an ok ending, but she didn't.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Great story except

for the end. How soon before she cheats again? Not too soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
he is a wimp

what a pussy to take back a whore. The it was only sex line is bullshit she is a whore so treat her like it.

its all she ever deserves

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
He's Not Alone

The wonderful private bubble they had for over twenty five years was not only burst, you can never get it back!

Couple that with the fact that even tempted, a mature woman would not have succumbed or stepped out on her husband. She would been flattered but women, nore than men, would not destroy their bubble. She actually had to override her common sense and go for the thrill, fidelity gone, trust shattered, now an easy lay - slut!

So, he isn't the only guy in the world past 50 that had to start over. He could be friends for the sake of their years together and the children but he quite likely would never fall in love or trust again. He would most likely end up with friends w/benefits for social activities and cuddle times but most likely not more...too bad, he was a happy camper.

Your good Slurpuff, always are but this ending wasn't real.

Thanks anyway!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I gave it 2 stars ...

... it just wasn't believable.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Too far beyond the limits

to have any sense of reality. Okay, I can imagine a woman being tempted into an affair - a brief one - that way; we all know that can happen. But the rest of it was pure fantasy that took everything away from what could have been a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
One Question

Why did steve take her back...25 years of marriage? Sorry she cheated and killed the marriage. So I ask again why did Steve take her back?

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
The Go-To whore

So Sandy is the premium whore in the pimp's stable? She was the college classmate of a a 50ish woman, so Sandy is also 50ish! (Don't put me in the DWartHog category...I think a 50ish woman can be beautiful...but Pimp would NOT describe her to a John as the MOST beautiful woman in a popular bar!) The pimp is NOT a Social Worker...and Sandy does NOT make the Sweetie connection until AFTER she and Hubby have talked for a while! Deus ex machina!

This is a common weak point. An author goes overboard on a character's positive features, then later figures out how to set the connector but forgets the implications of what has already been set in place! Instant incongruity!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Damn

I originally read this on 7-27-12. I can't believe my original comment. Now I call the husband a wimp for not dumping the wife when he caught her cheating. It doesn't matter who he screwed after. He should have done it as a free man. The cheating whore never even regretted her affair. She deserved to be dumped. Fuck her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

What a stupid fucking story taking a cheating whore like beth back. Especially after she let the other cocksucker do things to her she would let her husband do, supposedly the love of her life. HA! Got to wonder how many times he bathed his cock in the other guys cum. If he was going to take the slutty whore back he should have at least fucked one of the other women in the asshole and then made he co fucking good wife suck the other woman's shit off of his cock after she sucked his cum out of the other woman's asshole and cunt. Then as a final act of her doing something new for him he should piss in her mouth and have her swallow it if she wants any chance of getting back together

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A cucky writer.

If he can hump the cheating wife then he shouldn't have a problem with sharing her in the first place. He has no cause to be indignant. I keep seeing cucks write this garbage. Just dump her, and move on.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
So much wrong with this story I don't know where to start

25+ years after graduating from uni a 50+ call girl tracks down a former sorority sister to play social worker. Oh puleaze!

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 10 years ago
Good Lord

Please tell me that your not an exterminator because this story could gag a maggot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ugh

Another skanky whore taken back by a loser.

She'll do it again, someday, when she figures the coast is clear and the timing is right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Young lover

My issue with this story starts from this para:-

"Beth and I had known each other since we first met in the eighth grade. We dated almost exclusively throughout high school and were married as soon as I graduated from college."

They met we they were 13 and dated thru high school. So when did he have all these former lovers. When he was 12????

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This is a classic!

I love this story. I reread it often *****

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
I've Just Started, But..

"It's only sex"

Well "only sex" was important enough to save for their wedding night, if she changed over the years she should have talked about it, maybe he'd like some "only sex", too!

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Deal Breaker For Me

What would have ended it for me was when she said they did things that she wouldn't do with him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Dump his Arse

Right she got caught with another guy at a hotel. This arsehole brings whores into their home and bed and still has the cheek to sermonize - what consequences buddy? You getting aids. If only. Hated this story

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Wedding Night

When she told him what a great, experienced lover he was, he should have told her the truth then. There should be no need for foolish pride at that point.

JeffTomJeffTomover 9 years ago
Stupid Last Statement.

He went was to far.

SimplyMikeSimplyMikeover 9 years ago
A nice little story.....

Yes, I enjoyed reading it...... highly unlikely and a little simplistic... but it was a 'story' and it held my attention, I agree with all three of KarenE's comments and that of JeffTom's..... Good yarn.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
two out of three

I agree with KarenE on two out of three, it is outside of reasonable expectations to think that he would admit to being a virgin, men just don't do that.

"It was only sex", quite a change from the girl that insisted on being a wedding night virgin.

Makes for wondering what other moral or ethical beliefs have changed.

Doing things she wouldn't do with her husband?

Deal-breaker when added on top of cheating.

Sandy would have been my choice, Beth would have been on her way to ex-wife.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

They were both wrong, so I have no strong feelings about how this one ended. Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well

I still have trouble understanding how a woman married that long, can throw her family away so easily. Divorce and take lovers is traumatic enough.

But to do what she did, takes a worthless cold hearted piece of human excrement.

Every couple I know thats divorced, was because the wife cheated, every single one. I know there are guys that cheat, but I suspect woman vastly outnumber men in this regards now a days. Parts of womens lib were good, equal opprotunity and pay, yet it really ended up severely damaging family structure and giving modern girls a feeling of entitlement and lack of responsibility that is staggering, and is the main cause of the sky high divorce rate. true we dont teach boys how to be husbands either, but again every couple i know divorced because she cheated, not him.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous