Coming to Grips Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
-Ripley-
-Ripley-
1,309 Followers

Colby's mouth almost dropped open as she watched. She couldn't remember the last time that she had seen someone be quite that obvious. She felt a little spark of jealousy though she pushed it away without examining it. "I'm not on the prowl," she reminded herself.

"I'll have the Tesoro Anejo. I love that one," Suzanne told her.

"Oh so do I. Have you ever tried their Paradiso?" Sandy asked.

"Once, at a girlfriend's bachelorette party. It was amazing," Suzanne said with a smile as she remembered.

"I know!" Sandy exclaimed with a smile. "When people tell me they don't like tequila, I tell then they just haven't tried the good stuff." She had an almost perfect smile and it was all directed at Suzanne. Finally, Sandy nodded. "Well, let me go get your drinks." As she walked away, she glanced back at Suzanne, still flashing that smile.

"Bitch," Colby said with a little laugh. "What are you doing? I'm the lesbian here!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Suzanne said, slightly startled.

"Are you trying to tell me that you didn't notice her coming on to you?" Colby said with a little laugh.

Suzanne was quiet for a moment. Then she started to get red in the face. "I wasn't paying attention. Maybe ... Are you sure?"

"Damn it, yes. Here I am, the single lesbian, and attractive as hell I might add, and you get all the attention! Life isn't fair," Colby said, still laughing. She felt a little better about it now. Somehow, Suzanne not picking up on it seemed better. Now it was just funny.

When Sandy came back to them, Suzanne watched with different eyes. Despite the fact that she was carrying a tray with their drinks plus some peanuts, the bartender's hips rolled with each step. It was a smooth, gliding walk. This time Suzanne could tell that Sandy's attention was indeed focused on her. She felt a blush beginning to spread over her cheeks and she had to look away. Even with not looking at Sandy, she could feel those green eyes on her. Her throat felt dry and she wished that Sandy had brought them water when she first was there.

When Sandy got to them, she looked at Colby and gave her a little smile. "Here you go. I used Sapphire rather than the house, on me." Their eyes met and to Colby there seemed to be just a touch of amusement in them. Colby just couldn't figure out why.

Then Sandy looked over at Suzanne and it was like a spotlight being turned on. Suzanne looked up when she thought Sandy was looking at Colby and those emerald eyes caught her in their gaze. Sandy's smile was dazzling. When she put down Suzanne's drink, she leaned down over the table. "I hope you enjoy," she said. Her voice was a throaty purr. "Let me know if you want something else." She smiled again and then slowly straightened up. Once again, there was a little glance at Colby before walking away. Putting the tray under her arm, she had even more swing in her hips heading back to the bar.

As much as Suzanne tried, she couldn't take her eyes off Sandy as she made her way to the bar. Just before Sandy got there, she looked back and caught Suzanne staring. Her lips curled up into a smile. Suzanne looked away just before Colby glanced at her. She too had been watching Sandy's bewitching rear and missed Suzanne's reaction.

"Still say I don't know what I'm talking about?" Colby asked with a laugh. She loved the embarrassed look that Suzanne got on her face.

"Well, no. I guess I see it now," Suzanne said. She felt the burning of her cheeks. At the same time, she had to be honest to herself. "It's nice to feel desired by someone I could desire," she thought. There was even a little part of herself that felt pride at catching Sandy's eye over an out lesbian like Colby. She picked up her drink and took a sip of it to help her cover up her feelings. The smooth burn of the fine tequila was very nice. "Mmmm," she murmured. "Just like I remember."

Colby took a drink of her martini while looking over the edge at Suzanne with amused eyes. She made a little sigh. "Not like I remember it. The gaydar in this town must be very different than on the west coast." She laughed as Suzanne flushed again.

The two of them took another sip of their drinks and started to chat. Every once in a while when Colby's attention was distracted, Suzanne stole a look over at the bar. Often it seemed like Sandy could sense it, because she would look up and get that little smile. It wasn't every time, but it unnerved Suzanne a bit. After a little while, she made an excuse that she needed to use the ladies room. In truth, she mostly needed to regain a little composure.

As soon as Suzanne was gone, the redhead walked back over to the table. "Are you two doing fine? Need anything else?" she asked.

Colby looked at her with a little smile. "I think we are fine right now," she said holding up her half-full drink. When Sandy made no move to leave, Colby continued. "I guess I should ask the same thing of you. Do you need anything else?"

At least now, the bartender got an embarrassed look. "Well, I guess I did want to ask you while your friend is gone; you two are a couple, right?"

Chuckling, Colby shook her head. "A couple? No, we just work together and are at the hotel for business. My friend's name is Suzanne, and you are barking up the wrong tree with her." She put a little emphasis on the final word. Reaching out, she offered her hand to Sandy. "I'm Colby."

As they shook hands, Colby was mildly disappointed when Sandy did nothing more than give her hand a perfunctory shake. Sandy looked over in the direction of the restrooms. "So she's not into women?" Colby shook her head no. "Funny, I got a vibe that made me think she was."

"I may have only worked with her for a few weeks, but I am pretty confident in saying there is only one lesbian at this table and she isn't her," Colby said with a challenging look in her eyes. There, she had put her cards down on the table.

"No offense, I mean you are really gorgeous but we all have our types. Mine is tall, leggy women. You know what I mean?" Sandy said with a friendly smile as she looked back towards the restroom again.

"Actually I do. They are very nice," Colby replied. "You are free to keep trying, but I don't think you will get anywhere. And we work together, so don't worry about stepping on my toes. I don't date co-workers; it's just a bad idea."

Sandy nodded in agreement. "You won't say anything about this, will you?"

That made Colby laugh and her eyes twinkled as she answered. "Not this; that will be our sisterhood secret. Teasing her that you are interested, however, is quite amusing. I don't think I can stop that."

Noticing Suzanne coming back, Sandy kept her reply brief. "Brat," she said with a smile. She turned to look at Suzanne as she walked up, taking a moment to enjoy the long legs. She would have liked to see her in a skirt, especially a short one. "I was just checking with your friend to see if you needed anything," Sandy told Suzanne as she sat back down.

Suzanne looked over at Colby. She seemed to be trying not to giggle. It was clear that she thought the idea of her being hit on by a lesbian was hilarious. Despite being surprised, Suzanne had to admit that it reminded her of when that classmate pursued her in college. Suzanne didn't let it go anywhere, but at least for a short time it gave her a feeling of normalcy the straight world never did. Moreover, there was a little part of her that didn't like being laughed at by Colby.

"I'm not quite done with my Tesoro, but I might have one more," Suzanne told the bartender. She let a subtle change come into her voice. It was slower and slightly lower; and it was much sexier. "I'll think about it, but thanks for checking," she said with a smile as she met Sandy's eyes.

"I'll check back in a little bit then," Sandy replied.

"That would be great," Suzanne told her.

As Sandy turned away, she looked at Colby and flashed a triumphant look. Her walk back to the bar was once again worth watching. Once she was behind it, Colby turned to look at Suzanne. "You're too good at that. Maybe I was wrong about you. You will have her eating out of the palm of your hand," she said.

Suzanne gave her an impish smile. "Sometimes it's fun to flirt, even when it isn't going anywhere," she said with a little giggle. Then she raised an eyebrow at Colby. "Couldn't make any headway while I was gone?" she asked.

This time it was Colby who blushed a little. "Ah, no. Not her type," she replied. Now she was feeling a little challenged, first by Sandy and now Suzanne. Colby leaned forward and when she spoke, that sexy undertone that was always there was stronger. "I think she likes tall women, ones with long legs that seem to go on forever so that they can wrap around her waist." She tried to keep a straight face as long as she could, but the surprised look on Suzanne's face was too much. She started giggling and it took almost a minute before they completely went away.

"Oh, God. You are great, Suzanne. So fun to be with. So fun to tease! I'm really glad I got to come on this trip with you," Colby said when at last the giggles faded away. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't tease you so much."

Suzanne smiled. "It's okay. Nice people tease people they like. I take it as a compliment. I'm just not as good at it, but I try." She took the last sip of her tequila. "And now I think I will go over and see what Sandy has to offer," she said with a wink. Getting up, she avoided any further eye contact with Colby and instead focused her attention on the pretty bartender. She did not walk with quite the same sway, but her long stride made her look elegant.

Colby watched Suzanne from their table. At first, she thought it was just an extension of their teasing. As time went on, she was less sure of that. For one thing, Suzanne never looked back at her. There was something more than that though. It took Colby a while to figure out what it was. Finally, it dawned on her. For the first time that she could remember, Suzanne seemed completely relaxed.

"Hmmm, maybe I'm the one with the gaydar that needs a little work," Colby thought to herself. "Still, if she is, I don't think I've met anyone more closeted." It did explain a few things. She thought for another couple of moments and then got up and walked over to the bar. Both of the other women looked at her and smiled. Whatever was going on, she didn't feel like an intruder.

"I was just about to come over," Sandy told Colby. "It's last call if you want something more."

"No, thanks. Actually I was thinking I would head up to my room and go to bed," she replied. Colby looked at Suzanne. "I'll see you in the morning?"

Suzanne looked into Colby's eyes. Just like that moment in the airplane, Suzanne's were completely unreadable. Colby's weren't. The message of acceptance was easy to for Suzanne to see.

"Ah, yeah," Suzanne said. "Sandy just poured me a little Paradisio. I want to enjoy it. I will see you at seven in the restaurant. Oh and I will take care of the drinks."

"Okay, sleep tight," Colby told her. For once, she bit off any teasing remarks. "Nice to meet you, Sandy."

"You too. Night," Sandy said. "Since we are officially closed now, let me just go lock the door," she told Suzanne.

While she was gone, Suzanne tried to get a handle on what was happening. Originally coming over to talk to Sandy was just going to be a way of getting back at Colby for the teasing. Almost as soon as she started talking with Sandy, that idea completely disappeared. For the first time in eight years, Suzanne found herself letting go and acting how she really wanted to. What was a little scary was how easy it was to do. All the barriers and walls she built, they dropped almost unexpectedly. Even the guilt she carried with her at all times seemed muted. It wasn't gone, but it wasn't stopping her either.

Neither did the thought of consequences. Colby crossed her mind. In all her years since Chloe, Suzanne had never let herself have a lesbian friend. She had acquaintances, but she never let any of them get close. Colby was the first. Maybe it was the trust that came with friendship that let Suzanne expose herself. Nothing had been said, but Colby knew now. That would change things; Suzanne was sure of that. Right now, she didn't care how. That was something to worry about tomorrow.

Suzanne was not sure how far she was willing to let go tonight. Maybe it would not be far. She smiled as Sandy came back and sat down next to her at the bar. "Right now, I'm happy," she thought. A couple of seconds later, she had another thought. "Fuck you, Daddy."

Reaching over the edge of the bar, Sandy grabbed a glass and the bottle of Paradisio that was still sitting there. Pouring a drink for herself, she raised it and clinked it against Suzanne's glass.

"To making new friends," Sandy said.

Suzanne smiled. "To new friends," she echoed.

As they sipped their drinks, they both were silent to start. Being alone made things a little different; and there was an awkwardness that took a few minutes to dispel. Still, the flirtatious tone of earlier came back relatively quickly.

"You know, your friend didn't think you were interested. We, uh, chatted while you were gone. She said I was barking up the wrong tree," Sandy said with a little smile that slipped a little at the pained expression that passed over Suzanne's face.

"She doesn't ... didn't know," Suzanne quietly said. "I don't ..." She looked away. "It's been a long time."

Sandy took her hand and brushed the hair back from Suzanne's face. It was an intimate gesture. "I'm not pressuring you, Suzanne. I don't have any expectations," Sandy said quietly. "We are just two people who find each other interesting taking some time to talk. Maybe that's all it will be." She brushed the hair away from the other side of Suzanne's face. Giving Suzanne a little smile, she picked up her drink and took another sip.

"Thanks," Suzanne said as she swirled the amber liquor in her glass. She watched it for a little bit and then looked over at Sandy. "Sorry, I'm not being very good company. Like I said, it's been a while."

"Hey, we were having a good time talking before. I was. I'm pretty sure you were," Sandy said.

"I was too," Suzanne said.

"Then let's just keep doing that," Sandy replied. "I mean, maybe it's been a while, but you were still doing a nice job of flirting."

That put a wry smile on Suzanne's face. "How odd," she said. "I actually have very little experience flirting with a woman, let alone a beautiful one."

"Not even a 'long time ago?'" Sandy asked in a tone that made it clear she was kidding.

This time Suzanne was able to hide the little stab of pain that went through her from showing on her face. Her voice betrayed her a little more. "No, not even then," she said quietly enough that Sandy understood that was a place to avoid.

"Well, you do it well enough despite your lack of practice." Sandy smiled a little more.

"I think you are the one who is good at flirting," Suzanne told her. "I mean, you got me to flirt back when I almost never do. Of course, that could just be how amazing you look."

Even in the dim light, Sandy could see Suzanne's eyes twinkling. "Well, obviously there was something about you that made me try," she told Suzanne. Both of them swiveled their barstools so they were facing each other. Suzanne's long legs bumped into Sandy's. With a little chuckle, Sandy put her hands on Suzanne's knees and pushed them wide enough that her own legs could fit between them. "Much better," she murmured. While one hand picked up her glass, the other one stayed on Suzanne's knee.

The last time a woman touched Suzanne in any way like this was back in college. She hadn't let that go anywhere. The promise to her father was fresh then. As much as anything, her reaction had been one of fear. She wanted it so much that it scared her; that she would break her promise and lose her family. The fear made her turn away and run.

She could still feel that fear. It wasn't even clear to Suzanne whether she would bolt again. The promise hung over her head like something palpable. It just didn't have quite the strength; or maybe it was her own needs were getting stronger. She didn't know. It felt good to be with Sandy. That was enough for the moment.

Sandy's blouse was a high-collared one and with it, she had a little bow in a Kentucky tie style around her neck. It was cute but work was over. Reaching up, Sandy pulled one end until it came undone. She left the two ends hanging down her front. Then she unbuttoned her blouse until there was just one more before revealing her bra. Sandy's eyes were on her fingers until she finished. When she looked up, Suzanne could tell that the not quite striptease had excited Sandy some. And she had to admit she was too.

"Better," Sandy said. The way she said it could have been a question or a statement. It all depended upon how Suzanne wanted to take it.

Taking it as an opening for more flirting, Suzanne answered as if it was a question. "Much." The one word had a breathless quality in it. Sandy had put her own knees in between hers, and now she mimicked Sandy by putting her own hand on Sandy's left knee. As much as she could, she hid her inner nervousness with an outward calm. Taking another sip of her drink, Suzanne smiled and said, "This is nice."

Just like with what Sandy said, there were multiple ways to take that. Sliding her hand up a little and softly squeezing Suzanne's thigh showed how Sandy chose to interpret it. "Yes, it is," she said as she squeezed again. This time there was a little more pressure from her thumb on the inside of Suzanne's thigh.

As much as Suzanne wanted once again to echo Sandy's actions, she didn't have the nerve. The most she was able to do was increase her fingers' pressure. Moving them higher was a step too far, for now. At the same time, Suzanne felt a little wave of guilt. As she examined it, she was surprised that it wasn't about her father.

"I like her. I don't want to lead her on if nothing is going to happen," Suzanne thought to herself. As good as being like this felt, it was a long way from where she was, to making love. "And that's obviously what she wants," she thought. "I'm not sure I can. I am not sure if I want to."

It was not hard for Sandy to read something in Suzanne. "What?" she gently asked.

"Like I said, it has been a long time. I'm not..." Suzanne trailed off. She was not quite sure how to finish that sentence.

"You're not a lesbian? Is that what you are trying to say," Sandy said, trying to finish it for her. Her tone was friendly but also conveyed her skepticism.

Suzanne was quiet for a moment. Images passed through her mind, memories of Chloe, Colby and most of all her father with his expression of disapproval. She shook herself. No matter what, she could at least be honest with herself; and with Sandy, she realized. "No, that isn't what I meant. Yes, I am a lesbian." She stumbled slight over the word before continuing. "What I was saying was I'm not sure I'm ready for this."

"Suzanne, I'm not even sure what this is. Right now, I'm with a beautiful woman. I'm attracted to her and we are having a nice time talking." This time when she smiled, it was with her whole face. She flashed her dazzling smile and Suzanne felt like her stomach flipped. "You may find it hard to believe but doing this is unusual for me too."

"You know when you smile at me like that, I am somewhat less inclined to believe you. You should have to register that smile as a deadly weapon," Suzanne told her with a smile of her own. "All you need to do is show that thing and it makes a person want you!" For a second, Suzanne didn't realize exactly what she had said. When she did, she got an adorably cute embarrassed expression on her face. Still, she did not take it back.

-Ripley-
-Ripley-
1,309 Followers