All Comments on 'Degrees of Separation'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 153 Comments
looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

Sorry I can't agree with him. No doubt in my mind that she cheated. There might be something to the pregnancy need but I think she filled another need(s) first. Good story, stupid man.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Loved the setup & middle analysis of problem !

More then a bit dubious about having children by husband being the.cure to wife wanting to take sabbatical from marriage vows & frolic with other men. In end analysis, this is just a story". Britease really excels in laying out female circular logic which is hilarious, frightening & infuriating by turns.

The husband exasperated me almost as much as the wife ....HEY ! maybe these two are meant to be together. I thought the ending was a bit flip, if only Ohio could have been dragged out of retirement to add concluding nuances to make this fully five star-worthy.

I will say this is the sole Loving Wives story since cpete's last one found worthy of perusal & comment in last four days and by applying curve system of rating I'm giving this full marks for breaking quality drought. *****

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Hmmmm...

I'm not sure about this. Did he check the DNA? Anyway, she wanted to play around but when he mentioned about the cute girl at work she freaked. So I end this as I began.

Hmmmm....

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

An excellent story with a happy ended. Five stars.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 10 years ago

Not bad but not great. No questions about "did you guck other men" just nothing at all. 4

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
LOL he actually thinks she did NOT cheat on him? classic britease

wow.. gotta wonder if this sort of mindless stupidity and gullibility must be a a British thing. The Husband is NOT wimp... but his willingness to accept her story at face value excuse is absurd.

even at the party ... she lied about what eh told the other women THEN it turned out she lied about what she told her husband about what REALLY happened.

maybe she did fuck him. OR maybe she did NOT.

but surely most readers see that there is REAL suspicion here.

its quite POSSIBLE that given everything that happens.. that the reason she wants a baby is that she is already knocked up.

A DNA check is needed. And the wife has to agree to it . She started this

and the husband has a RIGHT to know.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
BRITEASE stop bitching about the comments.

asking you for CONSISTENCY is NOT the same thing as telling you who to write your own story. It speaks volumes that you cant see the difference.

If in the story the author writes about how angry the husband is over the wife's cheating and the author goes on and on about how he wont stand for it.. then 3 paragraphs later he suddenly IS accepting... it is not unreasonable for the reader to says ... "what?"

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 10 years ago
It is only reasonable if

someone other than the Hairy Vagina points it out

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Ok, I actually agree with Harry on this one...

At least partially. Get a DNA test on the kid. After all the shit that Wifey put Hubby through, that's the least he could have done. Otherwise, who's to say that all the stuff she said after "talking" to the "psychologist" wasn't just bullshit?

Granted, I like a happy ending, but the trust issue was never really resolved either. Still good stuff, but there were a few too many unanswered questions for my taste.

4 Stars.

bandyoubandyouover 10 years ago
love it

great story, love your happy endings, thanks, please keep them coming

Sidney43Sidney43over 10 years ago

Loved it. You managed to bring a sense of reality to the situation. The anger, the emotions all seemed very normal and not contrived which is key to a good story.

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years agoAuthor
Author

DNA??? I go to great lengths to point out that the first child was clearly conceive two months after the wife's aberration, and the doubters out there still shake their heads in doubt. If it makes you happy (I know it won't), then I forgot to tell you about the DNA test he had done, and it was OK. Happy now?

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotover 10 years ago
I would have left her

the moment she started her wishes about leaving. The marriage was over then.

green117green117over 10 years ago
DNA test?

Then he would be as bad as she was - and would ruin the trust implicit in the resolution (and the trust issue was reiterated by the author, who seems to know what he wrote).

Good tale. I thought that it was a bit short, and deus ex machina for there to be a doctor in the house with just the right answer (and it affords little growth to the main characters, other than that of parenthood)... but still, much better than most.

Greensomething

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 10 years ago
Well

She was very clever, under any circumstances.

Was the baby his? I choose to go with Brit's story.

The guy at work - I wonder about lunches and the fact that she never brought him up again?

The party animal, I wonder if he actually did get it in her and if she stopped him for reasons of size or someone coming close to them...after all - she was hot to try something on the side and THAT we know because she repeated it over and over.

Thanks Brit, your usual controversial and very entertaining story telling. As for hubby, ignorance is bliss!

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
It's called TBV.

Trust But Verify. Happy endings are all well and good, but to trust her again so quickly after the stuff she said and did was a bit much, IMO. She might not have actually cheated, but still. Peace of mind would be worth a little DNA test, as far as I'm concerned.

Brit, I like your stuff, most of the time. You're a great writer. I just took a little issue with this one. Keep up the good work.

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
Very good story

Well-written, complete story. Author built up a frustrating conundrum, ramped up emotion, then developed a nice twist. I call it a successful execution. Not sure if I buy the premise or not, but it is plausible so it doesn't matter. I think the epilogue made the story better and more complete in this case.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 10 years ago
I liked it very much

You pulled us one way then the other and did a good job. All the anguish and heartaches was well explained. Trust is something that is difficult to rebuild.

Never understood trust but verify. It's a contradiction in terms. If you have to verify it's because you don't trust. The minute you go down that road the marriage is doomed.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Good Story

It is nice to see that Britease has been bitten by the writing bug again.. It seems to me that he did all that was possible to create a high tension ambiguous story. Personally I would have bailed the first night. If my wife wanted to take a vacation from our marriage then that would be a permanent vacation. As she pointed out, really once she said that all trust would evaporate. But, of course, that would not make a good story!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
Great story!

I'm also a sucker for happy endings. This also was well written and very believable, especially the husband's reaction. I liked him confronting her at the party. Well done!

5* from me.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
Britease about the DNA thing

You are missing the point about the DNA. The DNA thing is symbolic of the issues the husband had with the wife. And once again you dont get it.

You did A GREAT JOB showing how the husband could not accept what she was asking or wanted to do.

But as I pointed out she did LIE -- even if by omission- about a few things. To then suddenly have the husband accept her story without ANY suspicions strikes some of us as being Inconsistent. No one is telling you HOW to write your ending.

textosteronetextosteroneover 10 years ago
Jenny or Julie?

At one point her name changed ...

"What are you talking about?" Jenny asked

The happy ending was fine with me.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
I feel like i've bin gutted.

This author hones his skill with practise. Branches out, experiments. Fucking wonderful storyteller. I'm taking a star off cos i'd prefer him to have a neutral voice rather than the belligerent Brit style. So that's only seven stars. Thanks for writing.

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
Not bad

Hubby is sure she didn't cheat,but it is narural to think otherwise.Maybe the story about the psych is true but she also had her fun,knowing she would then go home to hubby and have kids.Obviously Brittease wrote the story and I assume meant it to be read as written,but I can understand the comments,especially when she wants a break but doesn't want him to have one,classic storyline...that said,nice little tale,well written,enjoyed it.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 10 years ago
How dare you?

Really Britease! How dare you say that you know more about what your characters did, than certain readers do. In the absence of a large number of witnesses it's obvious that the wife was fucked in the garden.

She went off to her conference and she must have fucked the doctor. How can I say that, simple. Her husband wasn't there to see that she didn't so she must have done. You can't take the doctor's word for it, even if he is a man,

I find it amazing that you don't realize that you wrote all that. I mean you didn't reveal the explicit tests our hero carried out to determine his wife's fidelity so she must have cheated.

You really must to grips with the fact that the words you write are no necessarily the ones that some folks will read.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

DeYaKen the issue I have with this story and it seems a good few others did as well is down to the little matter of a lack of trust.

Wife admits to wanting to take a break from her marriage to fuck around with other men, she admits to cheating on her husband with a guy at a party and while she chickened out at the last minute she had planed on fucking the guy. She also knew how much damage this had already done to their marriage but still she wanted to go to dinner with a guy from work. By this point it comes across that hubby is pretty sure at this point their heading to a divorce.

Then all of a sudden like a fairy godmother waving her wand, hubby is 100% trusting in her when she tells him that her one night chatting to a doctor has cured all the problems she caused to the marriage? No fucking way can trust be repaired so quickly and like so many commenter's mentioned a DNA test makes a hell of a lot of sense considering how the characters acted in this tale.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Not exactly Deus ex machina!

Maybe this is 'Deus ex spermatozoa?'

The baby will cement your marriage ... better than Loctite! Runs contrary to majority of 'shaky marriage' cases, but not impossible. Anyway, that's the way BritEz wanted it, so there!

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
DEGREES AND GRAY MATTER

it makes it hard to categorize and have closure, TK U MLJ LV NV

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Didn't see this one resolving

Interesting twist. Difficult to be original in this category; Britease has accomplished that and within a well-written story as well.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
friction or fiction?

Now Brit, get real here! Obviously the BTB lynch mob know the story so much better then you, the actual author. And I love how they throw in all those extra details, no where to be found in your story.

My favorites being the flying saucer propelled by Elvis music that beamed up the wife and Judge Carter impregnated her with a tentacled monster that is at this very moment devouring all the Yew trees of England so none of you can make a longbow to defend yourselves against the onrush of Virginian virgins, rusty dragons and all the other anonymousie pests that threaten to overrun the digital age.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
And he believed her?

Just a couple of questions. Why was he still there when she came back early from the conference? Didn't you have him half packed and out the door? And why would he believe her story about the Doctor? A fancy piece of stationary and a phone call from some man? And he suddenly regains all his trust? Other than those questions, well written and entertaining. The Bitch doesn't have to be burned every time. You Brits do tend to have too much of the jolly ole stiff upper lip sometimes.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
Cute Idea

Hormones being misinterpreted as desire for other men? A few conversations with a psychologist straightening everything out and saving the marriage? Would that it could be so. But I like happy endings as much as you, so five stars.

greowulfgreowulfover 10 years ago
Not to psychoanalyze the shit out of a good story

But I feel I must to appease the woman-haters. Julie's actions as a faithful wife are COMPLETELY consistent. She was honest about her feelings from the start: check. She couldn't bring herself to cheat-both words and actions: check. She was honest about the bohunk: check. She was honest about wanting to go on a date afterwards: check. Everything about this story screams honest woman trying to deal with understandable urges.

The fact she also replaced those unacceptable urges with stronger maternal instincts is also believable. No, having a baby won't fix most problems--lack of communication, different goals, personality conflicts--this couple didn't have those. The wife had an urge for something different, which she got.

Wouldn't work for all (or most) couples, but it worked here-with the personalities the author constructed.

Well done.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Very Entertaining Read****

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your next submission.

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years agoAuthor
another comment from author

Interesting bunch of comments, and I particularly like the humor from DeYa Ken and Fanfare - thanks. I really did think I made the point that hubby still wasn't 100% sure about the doctors advice being genuine, but decided to ride with it. I can't spell out every emotion in fine detail or it would get terribly boring, and surely have to leave something for the readers to interpret? Oh, and Harry, if you weren't so bloody rude all the time, then I might take some notice of what you say. Some of it does make sense, but you get so excited that it tends to come out as gobbledygook. Calm down a bit.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 10 years ago
My only bone of contention is

This little passage in your story:

"Why the hell didn't you just go off and cheat on me and get it out of your system without me knowing for God's sake Julie? Why did you have to be so bloody honest?"

"I couldn't Mark, not behind your back," Julie mumbled quietly. "I couldn't cheat on you."

Actually she did in fact cheat on him. Mentally and physically. Mentally in even bringing the problem to light. Physically is follow a man out of a party where she allow him to kiss and feel her. Does this all rise to the level of divorce no by clearly the wife is in the wrong and must make all the moves to repair the damage. But the fact that the author has stated she didn't cheat is factually incorrect. I gave this a ****

Myhands316Myhands316over 10 years ago
I've read that thesis!

Or one just like it. It talks about the reproductive cycle in the human female. How there are four separate stages that can last anywhere from 18 months to 7 years depending on the situation. It starts with those couple who are so sickening in love it makes their mates want to toss cookies, and with in two years, they hate each other with the same passion, due to the lack of fulfillment in the reproductive cycle.

And you are very correct. In the states, you can't fling a dead cat without hitting some kind of headshrinker. They even have specialties, like pre, or post menopausal marital issues. Or like my wife, who has her mastery in Holistic Child Development.

Keep up the good words

Myhands316

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!

Very suspenseful right up to the end, and nobody got hurt. Thank-you for restoring my faith (at least for now) with Brittan and it's inhabitants.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Outstanding fun tale,

with only one really unbelieveable segment-There are no red double decker buses in Dubai for the para/bohunk to get run over by (are there?)

*****

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Good Read

It is good to read a story about reconciliation and not BTB. As in real life people do make mistakes, though in situations like this story it should be only the once !

As for the husband I think in the story he should believe her but verify as much of her story as possible.

Even go as far a DNA testing the children just to make sure.

Strangely enough a friend of mine his wife has made similar comments like the wife in this story. She meet him as a virgin and wanted to test other men before she dies. She goes out with girly friends who are a lot younger than her, and regularly comes home late hours of the morning. Mostly drunk by the way, so has she done the deed, I am not sure and I think her does not ask just in case he does not like the answer.

Oh yes, it does not help he has had 3 affairs in their marriage ! !

IrfonIrfonover 10 years ago
OUCH !!

Thanks for damning The Parachute Regiment with faint praise...

A good story well written,but what about the (temporary?) loss of Trust ?

That must surely rankle in his mind,read ''Cant buy my Love's'' comments, as he says it very well...

Finally,as a Paratrooper,the actions you attribute to The Parachute Regiment,would perhaps be better aimed at The Royal Marines...your one saving Grace is,you didn't trash my beloved Arsenal !!!.

LostOneThereLostOneThereover 10 years ago
B.S.

I doubt I will ever understand the British male mind. All these stories make someone from my side of the pond think that British men don't have all that much between the ears. My father once told me "A stiff dick has no conscience." From what I gather from these stories (Britease you are not the only author like this) males in your country only have a dick for a conscience. Very weird indeed. Well that and the insistence that gold plated pussies do exist. But on the "Bright side" I do love your impromptu sporting events. One of my fondest memories on the Salisbury Plain was playing rugby with a pony keg at the RAAF Nether Avon NCO Club. And the Empire did retain honor against the Colonials. But hell, it was fun.

So why the mealy mouth stories????

LostOneThereLostOneThereover 10 years ago
BTW

I do believe this story was worth * * * *.

While I cannot believe or align myself with the BTB crowd I am afraid I would have walked long about the first week of their exchange. Anything else leads to nasty ulcers.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
And the Brits fall/fail again.....

When she told you she wanted a separation that was "woman speak" for she wanted to screw around for 6 months then come back to the safety of her marriage. And you don't THINK she cheated? How dumb can you be? And while I appreciate a good BTB story, a happy ending works too. Author's prerogative. I still think she did you wrong and your reaction was codswallop.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

The first exchange is enough for any sane man to say "you can go fuck anyone you want after we're divorced"

Your right its your story, but with that said its my rating

1/5 for a douchebag protag and being a douchebag author

slaverowanslaverowanover 10 years ago
Thank goodness

Scottish men arnt that wishy-washy. A Scotsman would have walked at her first "I want other men" comment.

Maybe this is just an English thing.

juderboyjuderboyover 10 years ago
Double standards

Why is it ok for a Woman to explain away her behavior as a hormone imbalance, yet a man have a mid life crisis and he is some kind of low life bastard? Why is it that women don't seek out help, medical or otherwise, before making an ass of themselves? It would seem to me that the most valueable thing we have is each other and to throw that away without seeking help first is down right foolish.

RKreaderRKreaderalmost 10 years ago
alternate path...

Hi Brit,

I've loved all your stories. It seemed that your ending to Degrees of Separation was a bit of deus ex machina, a last minute wrap-up when you couldn't think of anything else.

Could I suggest an alternative? Just before the party scene, have husband suggest the following: neither one can tolerate cheating. Husband says, you can do whatever you want on this one condition. We enter this plan as equals. We first see a lawyer and file for a formal separation. After that is official I will move to an apartment; you stay in our house. We are BOTH free to date and party as if we had never met. We will create separate checking accounts, with 2000 each taken from our joint account to see us through to our next paychecks. We will not communicate with each other unless its a matter of actual life or death. And then only through our lawyer.

At the end of six months we will meet and see if we cancel the separation or carry it through to a no-fault divorce. That's the only way I could tolerate you dating - as if we had never yet met.

You are forgetting that you want to have an adventure while relying on me as your "rock" - a safe place to come home to. All the while I sit home crying, wondering if I will lose you- not touching you. You'd be killing me!

If we both decide to cancel the separation we will both see a clinic and get certified as free of any STDs before we even touch each other. If we decide to get back together let's then talk about whether we share our "adventures" totally or say nothing about what happened during our "single" days.

Will you agree to this or forget your idea entirely?

I'll leave it to you to develop these ideas further, but don't just leave us readers hanging!

Thanks!

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
EITHER YOUR IN OR YOUR OUT

that is a 180 and the choice is ????????TK U MLJ LV NV

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
5 stars from me.

Very well-written. If I was his age, I'd also probably attempt to talk my wife out of doing this. Being older and wiser, I would tell her (Once I had calmed down.) that I could not forbid her intended behavior but there would be consequences if she followed through.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Huh?

"Nothing's changed honey. It's just that I'm getting older. At the moment I feel that I could have any man I want, just by flashing a bit of leg at him or giving him the eye. But how long is that going to last Mark? How many men are going to chase after me in another five years or so?"

Why should she care if men chase after her in another five years or so? Presumably she plans on still being married so what difference does it make?

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago
At sixty

My wife and I were enjoying a bottle of our favorite wine, when I hear her say "I love you" I replied " is that you or the wine talking" " Oh its me" she replied "talking to the wine".

This is to real, some other LW stories make the other option sound so sexy, or tolerable. I wonder if I could handle that, and I am sure I could not. Not sure why I like reading thes3 stories so much

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Another good story...

Another good story...Good reading, suspense, good ending...Thank you

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 9 years ago
Outstanding!

Though this was written almost exactly a year ago, I hope you are still checking comments. I've read some of your other submissions and have bookmarked your submission page and plan to pick up some more. Listed this as favorite story and you as favorite author. I enjoy the development of the story and the ultimate conflict. I like the conflict as much or more than the actual erotic description of the sex. This is a lot like real world and we can learn a lot. From the development, I'd say she truly loved him as he did her. You know, those hormones in women are awful things! Those of us married several years (42 here) know about it. Yes, she could have slipped around and got knocked up, but the way this is presented is believable. 5 *'s

louguy35louguy35about 9 years ago
Not bad at all!

But...I have known several married women who became single (divorced) women after going through this kind of situation, so I am a little skeptical about the story theme since I do not believe it rings true. Perhaps the story should have reflected the probability that women who experience this kind of dissatisfaction rarely remain faithful.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THOSE VARIOUS DEGREES

can either be together or apart. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
ambiguity, uncertainty, and doubt

are not a good foundation for a marriage.

and don't ask, don't tell, are not a good way to ensure fidelity.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Birth Control

The use of birth control has allowed people to have sex without as much risk for future consequences. People can still get infected with various diseases but if used properly there is little risk of pregnancy. The unforeseen effects of birth control are what it has done to the human psyche. It has allowed both men and women to take pleasure without responsibility. This allows people to have sex with partners that are unfit as mates but interesting sex objects. It also has changed the attitude about having a family and when to have a family. Women in developed countries routinely push child birth to the end of their fertility range, for the purposes of gaining more wealth and pleasure in the early years of their sexually active period. In plain terms, they are selfish. Of course the men that are taking advantage of sex without pregnancy are just as selfish. So, the outcome of birth control is often me first and often me second and third is very common in developed countries. The vast majority of these people NEVER do anything of value with this freedom. They use the time to masturbate their egos and jerk off all over each other as the clock runs down. By the time they are ready to have children, they are a mess and their children reflect that.

DepopuloDepopuloabout 9 years ago

honey we need to seperate i need to fuck other guys...

if the response isnt to throw the bitch out or put a bullet in her head then the story gets a 1 out of 5.... checks story after quick skim.... oh look

1 out of fucking 5 for self fucking cuck you useless cunt

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
@Depopulo

Obviously your skim of this tale wasn't good enough. Go back and read it again and then make another comment.

calflashcalflashalmost 9 years ago
ego

woman always rag on men whose egos are hurt when the wife cheats. I propose that woman have even greater ego problems about age etc leading them into cheating

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
The Bio-Clock, you cannot over-ride Nature.

I fully agree with @Sugna's comment.

The crux of this story is not about fidelity/trust issues in a relationship.Its more about the changing modern society vis-a-vis the traditional outlook about relationships.IMO. We want all the freedom without the responsibilities.Fun without consequences.

The old tales of a happier life were possible because they accepted the Age Old Wisdom.

You screw Nature,Nature screws You. Period.

Its a 5,Britease.

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
Can't see that logic

Women are not these dumb creatures who can't tell east from west. Authors use these plot devices when they want to have an excuse to reconcile. What woman is dumb enough to confuse wanting to have a baby with lusting to cheat? I admit that the fairer sex can have emotions that elude us, but they aren't these brainless people that these stories make them out to be. It was an excellent story until the end.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

that's why 5 stars. taking the tale at face value, it is a loving wife. honesty, well, somewhat. she didn't cheat on hubby, even though she did lead the guy on, and the reason, according to the story, she couldn't do it. I wouldn't have liked it, but she didn't cheat. the doctor explained her problem, which may or may not be true but it worked for them. nice story, depicting the confusion, and conflicting thoughts and emotions on both parties.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Sugna's comment is priceless. This might be my favorite of yours.

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago
Great Story once again

A clear thinking real man who rationalises his options, tells her his reasons and wins in the end.

It amazes me how people out there in comment land read their own versions and interpret the words differently than the dictionary definitions. I know the US version of English is different to real English but with some exceptions they are much the same languages. If these persons want the interpretations to be different - go write your own story.

Some of the exceptions - "Fanny", "Ass" and "I guess" come to mind.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Entertaining

But she was a stupid bitch and did cheat just stopped short of intercourse.

She was a fucking hypocrite too!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"At the moment I feel that I could have any man I want, just by flashing a bit of leg at him or giving him the eye." - So because you CAN have any man you want, that means you SHOULD?!

Again the stale old "I've never had another man" excuse! So what happens when on of these other guys rocks your world? Can/will you go back to the "same old. same old"?

IF I were to agree to this, I would make it VERY clear that I would be "dating" other women!

"I no longer know if I can trust myself Mark." - As they said, if SHE can't trust herself, then HE can't trust her, and the marriage is toast.

"One of the men at work has asked me out to dinner," - Doesn't he know she's married? What kind of signals is she putting out that this guy thinks that she's available? Or has she already come on to him,?

"That slut? What have you been up to behind my back, you cheating bastard?" - She's accusing HIM of cheating? Maybe she's already cheated!

"knowing that he'd saved the marriage of such a beautiful woman as Julie" - I'm sure he saves the marriages of many "beautiful women" and still charges them!

Okay, I like happy endings as much as the next guy, and while I believe she didn't fuck she obviously went WAY too far with Dave, and even lied about it. Hormones or no, her idea of being free to "see" other guys (while just the IDEA of him "seeing" other women sends her into a rage!) HAS to be a non-starter.

JackmoftenJackmoftenabout 7 years ago
DNA Check

Better check the kid's DNA to be sure they're his..You never know. Trust but verify.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 7 years ago
great story 5*

think i might be keeping an eye on her when "empty nest" syndrome kicks in! didn't like her character much, lets not make light of it, it's a very disrespectful thing to lay on your husband " i want to date-fuck" other men. she was a jealous hypocrite too! "cheating bastard"? people in glass houses........

JackmoftenJackmoftenabout 7 years ago
Oh, ya!

She went to school to become a marriage counselor so that she could learn the many ways to hide cheating from her foolish, trusting husband.LOL

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 7 years ago
Should Be in Humor

Cute but any relationship to reality is purely coincidental.

VenustasVenustasalmost 7 years ago
Was the "Doctor" genuine?

The thesis written by a doctor was not necessarily written by the person on the phone claiming to be him. He could easily be someone she hooked up with. I agree with @Jackmoften comment - a DNA test is a must.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
I realize

per the "Hot Crazy Matrix" (youtube search) all women are at least a 4 crazy. But there's no way I'm making babies with a woman this crazy.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
MARRIED COUPLES ALWAYS HAVE DILEMNAS

will he, would she, did they????? 1 word Faith, TK U MLJ LV NV

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
good story 5*

in part 2 will we find it was all bullshit and she's fucking up a storm with her doctor friend and anyone else who asks? hormonal or not thats a pretty cruel way to treat someone you claim to love.

peter944peter944over 6 years ago
Humor

These stories are different, love the sense of humor! Relax folks this is entertainment. I've read most of these and enjoy the tale, some dark, some light. Well done Brit!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 6 years ago
I read this a second time.

I had forgotten I'd read it before until I started it but by then I was hooked again and couldn't remember how it ended.

I like it as much this time as I did the first time I read it.

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Loved the author's comment at the end of the epilog

That bit of in-your-face humor raised it from a four to a five star story.

Without that comment I was ready to cast aspersions on the wife's true relationship with the psychologist at the meeting. And, believe me, I know several psychologists (and one psychiatrist) you wouldn't want trust your wife with!

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceabout 6 years ago
NOT buying it...

Just wait until the kids are 8-10 years old, she is about to hit the big 4-0, and suddenly she is bored again. She will play and pay....

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 6 years ago
Second time.

Your men are just too damn wimpy.

I do appreciate the writing and how much the love for their wives is illustrated but they really tend to swallow far more shit 💩 than they should without dishing it straight back to their pathetically delusional wives.

Fun reading though!

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Yeah

no. Making a baby with a bat shit crazy woman. What could go wrong?

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 6 years ago
Paternity tests much?

Coming home from a week away and saying let's make babies? Right now! Hmmm.

Perks40Perks40over 5 years ago
Nice story

I'm not into stories with lots of graphic sex in them, that's why l loved this story an gave it 5 star's...

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
i agree with hiking

trust but verify dna test to be sure.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Sadly believable.

It was more believable than I wish I could believe. Women without children can sometimes lose their minds at some stage. I've seen it and lived it. The story is very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NFW!

Me, I'd of gotten a divorce as-soon-as possible. Like, right after she mentioned something was wrong in our marriage.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Pretty good

Enjoyed this one. Lot of trust there though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
And this is why the UK has immigrant rape gangs running around

Because the author clearly illustrated that GB has lost their forefathers balls if this level of cum-sucking simping cuck behavior is anything to go by.

Call the US to save your asses, and teach you how to have stiff cocks and spines instead of stiff upper lips.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Same shit

In every story I read so far from this author The husband is a phathetic loser, no ballz at all. But I guess that is just The authors Personality that shines through. Especially The wife Ends up always to be Brain dead in Order for The story to work in The opinion of The author. It gets really phathetic when The author tries to disguise hubbys behavior as romantic ... Skill And Talent are like arms, no Arms no cookies

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
The usual

Husband being manly by complaining about her lover drinking beer before he urinated on him to wash the fecal matter. Beer makes urine smell and tasted bad after all.

How inconsiderate.

I know, lets have a baby with the wife that is determined to have other penises enter her body among other things, now things are all better. Seriously.

YvesmiYvesmiabout 5 years ago
Good

Of course its good. Surprising how many witchhunters are amongst us after all these centuries. They talked, they tried what more can you ask for.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Flirting etc

Accept it is story and a lot of people do it

But I don't and people I assoc with don't either

I am a member of the group that believes that flirting etc can lead to other actions and you should respect yourself and wife enough that why?

What does it do for you? I just don't get it I don't want others rubbing their erections against my wife and I have enough respect for others to not rub mine against them don't have to dance that close if have one. Have I younger years had one all night had blood on sheets next morning didn't kill me

Respect. Reason why USMC Vietnam vet if lose that have nothing dented it badly a few times

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Really!!

Can't understand the comments I've read, criticizing the story. It's a simple, straight forward one with a happy solution of a problem. What's wrong with that? Admittedly, the wife's urge for freedom from her marriage is unacceptable but her's is not an isolated case. It does come up and usually due to a medical reason. So Britease, thank you for your story and five stars for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Much Better

Than the last two in alphabetical order, so Brit if they are happy and you are happy, I'm happy too. Just in case though, they do have DNA testing over there, don't they? Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Coloured, really?

For using that word, phuq you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cuck crap

Author is probably a cuck who gets off ob humiliation, Mayer around 50, Virgin, living in mothers basement. Contact with women only when mother has her Friends home or he got a Cheap Porn Video for The weekend. I Don't known how you get such a nonsense plot!

kmreaderkmreaderabout 4 years ago
Bit of a drastic change in course

I don’t know that I’d be willing to share kids with someone who just weeks previously was planning a separation at minimum if not a full divorce in order to sleep around with other men no matter how much convincing she tried to do. Seems a bit far fetched, but it is fiction and I enjoyed the story nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
According to this tale...

... they made it over this hurdle. The future with a child and all is at best a stop gap... Been there and have seen it up and personal.. We lived in several cities and her interest always seems to surface... each and ever move... Me, I did not move on but she has kept her male friends under cover.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous