All Comments on 'Doctor Who: Amy, Captured Ch. 05'

by Kurokami

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

another strong installment. Good dialogue and strong character interaction. Sexy without being dumb. Big thumbs up for this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent again...

Really enjoying this story- a big fan of the delectable Ms Pond, and love the whole forced orgasm / machine sex scene - ticks all my boxes!

I'd like to give some feedback, if that's ok?

If I have one criticism it would be that the Doctor's actions in the last chapter seemed *way* out of character, which brought me out of the story for a while. I just can't imagine him getting an anonymous glory-hole blow job, especially when he's combing time and space for his companion who is suffering multiple rapes. I felt it undermined the whole "Oncoming Storm" angle which obviously is such a worry for the kidnappers. It seemed a real shame as up to that point the story had total consistency with the TV show - you could imagine it was a real adventure within the context of the canon, albeit one that could never be shown on BBC1 at teatime!

Amy is 100% in character, and the glimpse of Rory we've seen was spot on. Major props too for your original characters... Sander's actions are reprehensible, but you can imagine how someone could be driven down such a route when tormented by loss, especially if he was somewhat of a libertine persuasion to begin with. Mara is developing interesting layers of complexity with each passing chapter. Only the Doctor has seemed out of character and unbelievable, and that's a big problem when he's such a huge presence in the story - even when he is off-screen as he has been to date.

Maybe there's more to this than meets the eye and you have a cunning plan?

I really hope you don't feel I'm down on your story - your updates are the first thing I look for when I hit this site - I am really loving it, your world-building skills are fantastic, and your sex scenes are hot as anything I've read on this site - which at the end of the day is the whole point, really!!

Kind regards,

Linus

KurokamiKurokamiabout 13 years agoAuthor
Yo, Linus!

Good lord, man; thanks for the incredible, in-depth comment. That's exactly the kind of feedback that I crave. As to the Doctor's actions in Chapter Four, well, I was a little worried about putting that in too. From my end, the whole purpose of that-aside from simply frustrating Amy that little bit more- was to establish the Doctor as a more easily distractible, irresponsible character, a flighty being who just sort of zips around even in the midst of a crisis, which I understand may not be to everyone's tastes. It's all down to reinforcing Sander's perception that the Doctor maybe isn't the right choice as saviour of the universe, and just how frustrating it must be for Sander, being the only one who sees it that way.

Having said all that, the Doctor was the character I was most nervous about writing for, given that there's such potential to mess him up. I'll just have to try harder in future.

I truly appreciate your compliments, it's great to see that people are enjoying my work so much and I live for intelligent responses like yours, but I also really, really appreciate the criticism. I've had to step back and look at the entire story again from a new perspective, which is an awesome feeling. I feel I may have been in error when writing Chapter Four, given this. Rest assured that when the Doctor returns, he'll be back in business mode, just pushed beyond what we've seen of him before.

Thanking you again,

Kurokami

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
907

The doctor is actually 907, not 903

But that is my only flaw. I love your work and it fells like i am actually reading a book!

JJ

KurokamiKurokamialmost 13 years agoAuthor
The Doctor's age...

It actually fluctuates quite a bit. I think I read somewhere that even he himself doesn't really know how old he is; my 903 guess was based on the Tenth Doctor saying as much in Voyage of the Damned. That said, the Eleventh DID say 907, and I posted a retraction at the beginning of the next chapter when my girlfriend took me to task on it too.

Also, thanks for the kind words, fellow! It's great to read 'em!

Kurokami

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous